PDA

View Full Version : The Dumbest Scammer Ever or a Confused Merch

Thethirdclyde
11-17-2012, 03:43 PM
I walked into the CS with my low level bear and was instantly sent this message:

I thought I would play along so I checked the CS price to see how big the price difference was...

I then informed the person that they ought to use a different name in CS when trying to scam... they promptly logged off. Now this is either the dumbest scammer I've ever seen or a new type of merch whose intent is to lose money and not make it.

Multibird
11-17-2012, 04:07 PM
"buying forest bow finess 8k lvl 19 easy money"

Hmm what scam. The only finess bow I see is purple. He's offering you 8K, more than the actual price. Unless I miss interpreted it with Jewel THief's Forest Bow.

Ihavenokills
11-17-2012, 04:08 PM
theres a name for this but i forgot what its called. it's a scam. If it's too good to be true then it usually is :p

Elyseon
11-17-2012, 04:15 PM
Lol this is pretty old
My favorite way to deal with them is to buy the ones above them and list them all lower than theirs
Ofc u need a few auction slots and a bit of gold to waste
Really only works if its relatively cheap such as this case

Thethirdclyde
11-17-2012, 04:25 PM
Lol this is pretty old
My favorite way to deal with them is to buy the ones above them and list them all lower than theirs
Ofc u need a few auction slots and a bit of gold to waste
Really only works if its relatively cheap such as this case

I've seen this one a lot before as well, but this was the first time I saw someone use the same character to list the item in the cs and offer to buy it. I thought it was pretty hilarious because this is one of the simplest scams in the book and this person managed to bungle it.

Jcyee
11-17-2012, 05:07 PM
yep pretty old scam. seen it happen a few times before. tbh its kinda clever if you dont think about it ;) lol

Rot
11-18-2012, 03:09 AM
Lul.

Bunnyshoota
11-19-2012, 11:35 AM

It's a fairly simple scam.

Basically, they (officercudles) listed an item at around 3k. Then he tells you he'll buy it at 8k. That way, you think you'll make profit if you buy the item and resell to them, while really you are just buying their item from cs and they won't rebuy. So he makes profit and you buy his item.

MightyMicah
11-19-2012, 11:39 AM
I remember falling for this scam about a year ago. Only I lost 200k... *facepalm*

Energizeric
11-19-2012, 02:15 PM
The funny thing is when you actually have the item they are asking to buy and you offer to sell it to them. They just ignore you.