PDA

View Full Version : Play comfortably.

Alt1ris
09-11-2010, 01:00 PM
I went to Best Buy the other day to pick up a few movies (and the fourth season of Dexter on dvd) when I came across a device that is a blessing to my hands.

The "GameCase Boost" from DLO is a case for your 2nd Generation iPod Touch, made to enhance your gaming experience on the iPod. It's contoured to fit in your hands like a game controller with a nice rubber grip all the way around. Now when I first saw it I though, hmm, a nice case for my iPod; not too fancy but I like it. I looked at it more and noticed that it comes with two double A batteries. The batteries are put in the device and turn your GameCase into a portable charging station so that you don't have to worry about your iPod dying while your grinding it out somewhere too far from your charger. There is a switch on the case that turns the charger off so that you aren't consistently draining those double A's and can charge the iPod only when it needs it.

I've used this GameCase for about 2 days now, and I love it. It's got a bit of weight to it, but not much more then an XBOX 360 controller. The original double A's I have in the Case are still running strong even though I've used them to charge the iPod quite a bit. All in all, this is a great product that promotes comfortably and convenience for gaming on your iPod touch. Pick it up online or at your local Best Buy. It was on sale at the store for ~$15 but runs for about thirty on their website. I'll post a link.

DLO GameCase Boost for iPod Touch (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/DLO+-+Battery-Powered+GameCase+Boost+for+Apple+iPod+touch+-+Black/9746879.p?id=1218166150927&skuId=9746879&st=GameCase%20Boost&cp=1&lp=1)

Rnrking
09-11-2010, 03:23 PM
i saw this the other day at best buy to and the only thing i was concerned about was wether or not the battries might somehow ruin the ipods battery. maybe random fear maybe not.

Alt1ris
09-11-2010, 03:36 PM
Totally understandable. Like I said, I've only been playing around with it a few days, and I've used to iPod with and without the case and it hasn't seemed to have an effect on the batteries of the iPod. I still get around the same life without the case after using it semi-extensively for a few days.

Haikus
09-11-2010, 03:39 PM
i saw this the other day at best buy to and the only thing i was concerned about was wether or not the battries might somehow ruin the ipods battery. maybe random fear maybe not.

ya sorta how i felt and then the matter if how long the back works since it isnt chargeable
and uses AA batteries.

Rnrking
09-11-2010, 05:11 PM
would u wanna do like some trials on it for us like after a month tell us how ur ipods battty is. and how long the aa's last?

Demonicdevyn
09-11-2010, 05:22 PM
yea
and wud u highly reccomend it so far
cuz i dunno if something wrong with my ipod but on a full charge it only lasts bout 45 mins before tht 20% sign comes up
tht normal
mines a second gen

Demonicdevyn
09-11-2010, 05:23 PM
tht battery last is based strictly to pl

Rnrking
09-11-2010, 06:07 PM
ya thats pretty normal demon cuz u like mes prolly been playing tons and now the battery's on its way out :( bust suggestion is to think about the case or if u got the $$$ by a ipod touch 4g

Raxie
09-11-2010, 06:09 PM
the more you charge an ipod/ipad/iphone, the faster the battery runs out.

Violentsaint
09-12-2010, 11:15 PM
that case is awesome :)

my ipod touch case sticks to flat surfaces... good party trick sticking it to a window while all ur friends are stoned :D

i havnt had any battery issues since i got my ipad. its great, exept my friends give me heaps... like "wow dude thats a big pad... u must have a heavy flow"

and i reply "na mate, if u buy in bulk you save!" ;)

cry
09-12-2010, 11:31 PM
Playing comfortably = Playing neked.

PhatNinja
09-13-2010, 12:59 AM
Does it come in an iPhone 3gs size?!?

flaimdude
09-13-2010, 09:03 AM
When I opened this topic I could have sworn it was an advertisement. Pretty cool case though.

Arterra
09-13-2010, 05:49 PM
have to spread this.
let's play some PL.
http://mycdn.liewcf.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/apple-ipod-nano-touch-2010.jpg
too funny to resist lool

haroldiv
09-13-2010, 09:23 PM
ive owned those cases and they arent bad at all. depends on which kind of AA's you use. but yeah the grip is nice and battery consumption isnt too bad.