PDA

View Full Version : crashes b4 boss?

Arterra
09-11-2010, 01:01 PM
You should post in bugs and technical issues. What you describe was happening to a ton of people in AO2, mostly maps 5 and 6. They tried to fix it, but perhaps there is more that could be done.

so I complained about crashing in that room before most bosses, and was directed here...
specifically it usually happens to me in #5 and plasma, 1/4 - 1/5 bosses... although it would sometimes get better and un-lagg. but rarely. just happens...

Royce
09-11-2010, 01:15 PM
Just for reference, here's the thread where a bunch of people described the same problem in 1.3: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?5562-1.3-crashes
It was supposedly fixed, but it sounds like it may still be an issue on less powerful devices. I honesly haven't been doing those maps much lately, but I'll give them another shot on my very old iPod to see if this problem has resurfaced for me as well. Need to farm me up and Apep anyway ;)

Arterra
09-11-2010, 09:53 PM
fyi this is also with no high quality and on stupid double pixel, im desperate.

im about to try with sound disabled.

Royce
09-11-2010, 10:09 PM
fyi this is also with no high quality and on stupid double pixel, im desperate.

FYI, pixel double won't help you unless you're on an iPad or iPhone 4 I think.

Ranoa
09-15-2010, 03:50 PM
With all the updates going on, can someone please fix the crashes that happens in AO2 part 5 and Plasma Pyramid (especially between Anubis----> B'toxx)? Numerous friends have suggested to report it.... so here it is!!! For the past couple of days, I've tried to avoid those maps. It's frustrating to waste time to clear the entire room and purchase potions only to be disconnected from the game. I mostly play on an iPad but have tried playing on an iPhone4 but for some reason or another, it still crashes before or in the middle of defeating a boss. I have unchecked my double pixel and not playing in high resolution... What's next???? I guess I'll try playing soundless. But, how fun is that going to be if I can't even enjoy this game without the best picture quality and sound.

bladesword
09-16-2010, 01:40 AM
did you check the lag?

FluffNStuff
09-16-2010, 08:41 AM
I had this happen yesterday on an iphone 4 with HQ turned off. Was over 3G though, so connection might not have been the best, but I crashed out right as Rloxx was about to die.

Ranoa
09-17-2010, 03:08 PM
I always lag on plasma but not on any other maps. My ping is usually between 100-250 (give or take). Since, the last update yesterday, I haven't crashed so I guess someone is actually paying attention...lol :) TYTYVM. I'll try to turn on the pixel double first before adding high quality and try it tonight.