PDA

View Full Version : Ice or Curse?

Technique
11-17-2012, 07:40 PM
So lately I've been spending way to much plat on respecs trying out different build/skills, but now I'm down to my last respec so I decided to post this...

Right now I'm using fire/time/light and I can't seem to find a 4th skill that I like, I don't like gale for some reason and I think heal is pretty useless so I'm asking everyone else

Ice vs Curse, I have enough skill points to get the skill and do 2/3 upgrades when I hit 16.

I tried ice at a lower level before I remade my mage and didn't really like it but I also didn't stick with it for long, I'm leaning towards curse for the extra 15% damage when upgraded just because I can't find any other skill that I like.

Nightarcher
11-17-2012, 07:59 PM
How many points do you have in those 3 skills?

Technique
11-17-2012, 08:19 PM
How many points do you have in those 3 skills?

5 fire, 3 light, 4 clock

So I added wrong, only gives me 2 upgrades when I hit 16. I'm thinking about going curse + 5% damage + range/targets upgrades.

Paired with flap jack that gives me a 30% damage increase, should be good for nuking. I have never tried curse tho and haven't talked to anyone that has.

Mitchturbo
11-17-2012, 08:30 PM
I've respec'd like 5x on my mage. I'm only happy with the Fireball and Gale techniques.
Can't believe how much plat I've personally wasted on just keeping them Techniques.

I tried curse and found the range too low and the effect to little to be efective on mobs imo. Only good against Bosses i would Imagine.

The Ice skill is good at freezing and stoping the enemy attacking which is handy at times but shame the AOE is bad on it (only really effective on one target) and found the upgraded 25% chance after you hit 3 enemies or more to unlease a surounding ice damage around your mage very Ineffective.

I guess I'll need to play with around with them more but I've ran out of plat because its so expensive to do so lol XD

Technique
11-17-2012, 08:43 PM
I've respec'd like 5x on my mage. I'm only happy with the Fireball and Gale techniques.
Can't believe how much plat I've personally wasted on just keeping them Techniques.

I tried curse and found the range too low and the effect to little to be efective on mobs imo. Only good against Bosses i would Imagine.

The Ice skill is good at freezing and stoping the enemy attacking which is handy at times but shame the AOE is bad on it (only really effective on one target) and found the upgraded 25% chance after you hit 3 enemies or more to unlease a surounding ice damage around your mage very Ineffective.

I guess I'll need to play with around with them more but I've ran out of plat because its so expensive to do so lol XD

5 platinum seems way to steep for respecs, I've done like you and have done it 4 going onto 5 times.

One question, when you had curse did you have the range upgrade? I kinda found ice to be pretty useless also but that was at lower levels.

I guess I might as well try it since I've been thru heal, gale, and ice already and didn't really like any of them. The cool-down seems kinda long thought and it doesn't exactly say how long the curse lasts.

Mitchturbo
11-17-2012, 08:53 PM
I didn't as the other points went on other techniques. I imagine its a huge improvement... but all i can say is try it out for yourself but then eventualy that will lead to another 10 plat spent just going back to the skills you like...

Heal is alright but the heal tree is ineffective.
I found Arcane shield to be benefficial without choosing the charged skills. That would also be benneficial with curse and the damage reduction from enemies that uou can get from curse.

I'm hoping STS improve the mage like they did with the rouge cuz alot of our skills are lame lol XD Hehehe.

Technique
11-17-2012, 08:56 PM
I didn't as the other points went on other techniques. I imagine its a huge improvement... but all i can say is try it out for yourself but then eventualy that will lead to another 10 plat spent just going back to the skills you like...

Heal is alright but the heal tree is ineffective.
I found Arcane shield to be benefficial without choosing the charged skills. That would also be benneficial with curse and the damage reduction from enemies that uou can get from curse.

I'm hoping STS improve the mage like they did with the rouge cuz alot of our skills are lame lol XD Hehehe.

I kinda agree, with my warrior and rogue I had no problem picking 4 good skills, but with my mage I'm just stumped on picking a 4th skill. I guess ill just say screw it and try curse.

I can always do some free offers for another respec if needed. I wish they would split the attribute points/skill points into two different respecs and split the cost between them. Thanks for everyone's responses :)

Maybe I could add you in-game and you could show me that fire/gale technique? Maybe I just wasn't using it effectively.

kiratdeluxe
11-22-2012, 05:03 PM
i have leveled the ice with 3/5 and it was ineffective so i choose curse instead, with the 15% for breaking armor and the 10% less damage to your troop, this with the turtle ( who gave you 10% +5% breaking armor with the active skill ) when youare with your team this a good spell add the light and the bosses are not happy at all ;o). for the mob i have the gale with the option for getting down for 2 seconds and the time who stop them playing with me :oD very effective !

they can be 10 mob my gale is power full and the time cut them and the curse can do a lot of thing when youare with a team ;o).