PDA

View Full Version : For the Country Music listeners and folk

WarTornBird
11-17-2012, 11:19 PM
So lately i've been making my way round school with my iPod blaring to some Country. Now alot of people have been asking me what the heck im listening to. Even the people at my school that are fond of country have no idea who i listen to. I just tell them they dont know real country then. Anyway a lot of the names I listen to the most would be Sammy Kershaw, George Jones, Dolly Parton, Clay Walker, Hank Williams, Hank Williams Jr., Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, George Strait (Although most know him, he's still a legend in ALL of music, not just country.), Conway Twitty, And John Conlee.
My point is, the country music now a days is to me not really country. The names up top that have been mentioned are what real country is about. Or, to me that is. Anyway, I just find it funny that kids now a days put on camo and hat and sit in their lifted fords with 40s, listen to some sayyyy Jason Aldean, and call themselves country folk. I've lived all my life listening to REAL country from when country had a meaning behind.

Idk i guess it just bothers me how easy it is to call your self country in this generation when they dont even know who Sammy Kershaw is or any of the ones above. And some would disagree with me and say that's not real country. They'd be in their left mind cause they certainly wouldn't be in their right mind. It just struck me as a topic that could be discussed. I'm not sure how many of you listen to country on these forums, but the oldies may know who atleast ONE of the names are.

Noodleleg
11-17-2012, 11:44 PM
I never really liked country... Depressing lyrics -_-! My dog died, my girlfriend dumped me, please come back! URGHHH as if I don't have enough of that echoing in my head already >.>!

WarTornBird
11-18-2012, 12:13 AM
This is why it reads for Country Music listeners and folk. Because i knew someone would have some comment like yours. That's not what country is even about.

The Flash
11-18-2012, 12:25 AM
I never really liked country... Depressing lyrics -_-! My dog died, my girlfriend dumped me, please come back! URGHHH as if I don't have enough of that echoing in my head already >.>!

Lol so true almost as bad as rap in terms of lyrics.

Suentous PO
11-18-2012, 12:28 AM
Surprisingly aboynamedsue agrees. What, Willie Nelson not make your list?
Because of your post I just checked in YouTube and was surprised to see Bob Wilis and the Texas playboys have several live vids.

Edit-agrees with op, not knee jerk stereotype

Suentous PO
11-18-2012, 12:32 AM
Lol so true almost as bad as rap in terms of lyrics.
I remember Ice T saying Johnny Cash made some of the first gangsta music. Both can be brutally honest.

WarTornBird
11-18-2012, 12:32 AM
I kind of have to Lol at the comments above, music today in general just has depressing lyrics, rock, metal, country. And what isn't like dubstep and all that, isn't even music.

Kixxler
11-18-2012, 12:42 AM
I never really had anything against country until I heard Taylor swift. R.I.P country music

Suentous PO
11-18-2012, 01:10 AM
Lol, she ain't country.
Wait that reminds me, how did Patsy Cline not make your list. :)
Gotta say tho War, there is also good electronica. Real musicians also use computers *shudder*

Noodleleg
11-18-2012, 10:36 AM
Well, pop music is all about wanting a girl/boyfriend :P... I guess I'd rather listen to that and hear someone get dumped lol.

Kixxler
11-18-2012, 02:34 PM
Well, pop music is all about wanting a girl/boyfriend :P... I guess I'd rather listen to that and hear someone get dumped lol.

Ikr... Name one Taylor Swift song that isn't about her ex.