PDA

View Full Version : Axe Throw

Montanabro
11-18-2012, 05:34 AM
Does anyone use it?! The fact that it hits only single targets makes it appear weak when only 2 or 3 damage spells will be chosen. Plus, it doesn't appear to do much more damage to a single target than any of the other damage skills would do to that same single target.

ShadowGunX
11-18-2012, 09:47 AM
its only usefull at boss. at 3 points it can debuff armour nd also can do 15% more dmg. xtremely useful in pvp. currently useless atm lol

Sledge
11-18-2012, 10:54 AM
At one point I had invested points in it and was pretty convinced that it would pay off. Unfortunately, the only times I really found it useful was after being knocked back by a boss or to pull for a more "strategic advantage". A short time later I found that combining Windmill and Chest Splitter was my only strategic advantage.

Roc
11-18-2012, 01:49 PM
Probably to my PvE detriment, I like to use it XD I know soloing isn't really possible except when you're lucky and no one is in a level, but when I'm in the flow of things bringing in that last bad guy in with axe throw is fun :victorious:

Cahaun
11-18-2012, 01:54 PM
I love this skill. I put the chains on it so I can grab enemies that are far away.

blakeary
11-24-2012, 03:36 AM
Late response to this but I'm bored at work. I've tried it. I think there are better skills but it's cool because...

1) The debuff it nice for bosses. Each group member will do about 10% more damage (or just a little less). Think of it mathematically... lets say each player does 1000 damage on the boss. With the debuff they do 1100 damage on the boss. So this ability is adding 400 damage. Therefore you're increasing your personal damage on the boss from 1000 to 1400. On anything besides the boss fight the debuff is less useful since it only affects 1 enemy at a time.
2) In elites you can pull roaming enemies away from the groups, faster/safer then having to proximity pull them. Unless you in a geared group then you just own everything.
4) Extra taunt to keep boss aggro, usually unnecessary but can't hurt.

Luniette
11-24-2012, 12:40 PM
I use it for taunt and the chain, which not only looks hella good (Scorpion from Mortal Kombat (Get over here!)) And also is useful if someone is stealing aggro.

Also I've seen it hitting several enemies, at least the aggro marking exclamation point appears on top of several enemies' heads when I use Axe Throw.

chadace
12-02-2012, 05:49 PM
Don't forget it can stun.. so u can knock the crap out of them before they know what happen.. very useful in elite

NeoKing
12-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Fast Elite farming on bosses is recommended to use Axe Throw.

DontNerfMeBro
12-05-2012, 08:32 PM
its only usefull at boss. at 3 points it can debuff armour nd also can do 15% more dmg. xtremely useful in pvp. currently useless atm lol

I feel this way also