PDA

View Full Version : 7 Day EXP Elixir

Montanabro
11-18-2012, 05:55 AM
I suspect the answer to this is "no," but will the 7 day exp elixir "pause" once a character hits 16? There is no use for it once a character hits 16 and would be unfair if it continued to tick down for those characters while doing item runs. Characters just don't take 7 days worth of actual gaming to hit level 16.

Thanks!

BodMaster
11-18-2012, 07:42 AM
No.

Astrocat
11-18-2012, 08:24 AM
^Disss.

Montanabro
11-18-2012, 08:25 AM
No.

Spacetime takes money for an elixir that no one would possibly fully use :/

Astrocat
11-18-2012, 08:27 AM

Yep, ^Disss too.

BodMaster
11-18-2012, 09:08 AM

They aren't forcing anyone to use one. However still believe the lix isn't needed in the game at 16 Cap.

Montanabro
11-18-2012, 09:47 AM
They aren't forcing anyone to use one. However still believe the lix isn't needed in the game at 16 Cap.

They shouldn't offer people an elixir that becomes pointless well before it runs out. That's unbecoming of a reputable company like SS.

modredd
11-18-2012, 09:58 AM
here we go again I bought the 7 day because I don't have time to grind for 3 and 4 hours at a time like some of you I am going to do about 1000 a day and it works out perfectly so cut them a break Jack the Ripper isn't running the company buy it if you want and if you don't look the other way don't look for an argument!
yes they messed up royally yes they did some things to question their integrity but they rectified everyone of them so let's cease with the space time studios bashing this is an unnecessary thread!

Deathpunch
11-18-2012, 10:11 AM

They shouldn't offer people an elixir that becomes pointless well before it runs out. That's unbecoming of a reputable company like SS.

No one makes you buy the 7 day elixir. If you think that you will run out of XP before you run out of elixir, don't buy it.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Bless
11-18-2012, 10:11 AM
here we go again I bought the 7 day because I don't have time to grind for 3 and 4 hours at a time like some of you I am going to do about 1000 a day and it works out perfectly so cut them a break Jack the Ripper isn't running the company buy it if you want and if you don't look the other way don't look for an argument!
yes they messed up royally yes they did some things to question their integrity but they rectified everyone of them so let's cease with the space time studios bashing this is an unnecessary thread! -.- the OP asked a question, he wasn't banging on sts' door, stop trying to attract drama, it's his opinion.

Zaonabiuibil
11-18-2012, 10:29 AM

Well the company that made AL is STS, so SS has nothing to worry about.

;)

PvE
11-18-2012, 03:37 PM
From what ive experienced elixers dont run when your in towns or offline. So just never get out of towns or online when you cap :)

Montanabro
11-18-2012, 04:34 PM
From what ive experienced elixers dont run when your in towns or offline. So just never get out of towns or online when you cap :)

People farm at max level.

modredd
11-18-2012, 04:56 PM
then my answer would be yes the elixir does have a purpose and you're the 1 serving up a hot cup of drama because if you have nothing to contribute but worrying about what I say basically your trolling and to use the term unfair which is the negative point of view it's not unfair and you have the option to buy it or not I'm not going to get into argument of words with you but you need to take your drama elsewhere I know how to conduct myself but there's been a lot of space time studios bashing and they're being criticized over everything now and I think it's unnecessary and that's my opinion.
:sour:

Montanabro
11-18-2012, 05:22 PM
Constructive criticism is important to any video game, particularly games in their infancy like AL. That's why i made this thread. The fact that an elixir is offered which lasts for 170 in-game hours but becomes useless once a character hits 16 is unfair considering hitting max level takes maybe 15 or 20 hours. If a doctor sold you medicine to last 12 months but knew you would only use it for 2 months, the doctor would be in the wrong.

CrimsonTider
11-18-2012, 05:35 PM
There is a reason it is called a "7 Day Elixir." Not sure why it is an issue. The description is pretty self-explanatory.

BTW: If you know more than the doctor, then why go? Your analogy doesn't bridge well.

Montanabro
11-18-2012, 05:42 PM
There is a reason it is called a "7 Day Elixir." Not sure why it is an issue. The description is pretty self-explanatory.

BTW: If you know more than the doctor, then why go? Your analogy doesn't bridge well.

Sorry, you misread what I wrote. The patient doesn't know more than the doctor in my analogy.

Montanabro
11-18-2012, 05:56 PM

Because new players don't know how long it takes to get to max level. The fact that this elixir is offered suggests it could take 170 hours, which is totally unreasonable.

I don't think companies (or doctors) should sell products that last a certain period of time when those companies and doctors know the consumer would never use those products the full duration. Just because Dr. Jones tells you he is selling you a 14-day antibiotic doesnt absolve him of the fact that you're paying for a product that the doctor knows you won't fully need or use. It's bad manner, and probably medical malpractice in the doctor analogy.

Anyway, I appreciate the dialogue folks.

The Flash
11-18-2012, 05:57 PM

Sorry, you misread what I wrote. The patient doesn't know more than the doctor in my analogy.

You just said it only takes 15-20 hours and the elixer is 7 days. Just make a desion if it will be worth it or not. When the lv76 cap came out in PL I bought the 7 day elixer knowing full well I planned on capping in 1 day. good luck.

Rare
11-18-2012, 06:16 PM

I think what you meant to say was "I bought an elixer that I would not fully use". Don't blame STS for that

Rare
11-18-2012, 06:17 PM

7 day elixir is always running. Even if you're offline. At least in the other games. Is it different in AL?

Rare
11-18-2012, 06:19 PM
Constructive criticism is important to any video game, particularly games in their infancy like AL. That's why i made this thread. The fact that an elixir is offered which lasts for 170 in-game hours but becomes useless once a character hits 16 is unfair considering hitting max level takes maybe 15 or 20 hours. If a doctor sold you medicine to last 12 months but knew you would only use it for 2 months, the doctor would be in the wrong.

Like I said. It's not unfair. Nobody forced you to buy it. Nothing else to say

BodMaster
11-18-2012, 07:27 PM
7 day elixir is always running. Even if you're offline. At least in the other games. Is it different in AL?

Doubt it Aed! And I think you just made the Triple Post highlight of the day! xD

Like Crimson said, it's called a 7 day lix for a reason. (If it was in hours, then maybe understandable :p)

Montanabro
11-18-2012, 07:48 PM
1) Some of you mistakenly believe that the 7-day elixir runs down even when you are logged out or in town. It does not. When you buy this elixir you are buying 170~ hours of gaming time. Of course, it takes 10% of that time to hit max level.

2) A few of you keep saying "it says 7 days, so it's your fault." I'd be curious to see your reactions if a pharmacist willingly sold you 7 days worth of medicine and then you found out that the pharmacist knew 6 days worth of that medicine would be a total waste. Something tells me "he told you it was 7 days worth!" wouldn't cut it.

shadow90
11-18-2012, 08:33 PM
I predict that STS won't be doing anything about this.
And STS is happily sitting on his chair and saying "umadbro?".

BodMaster
11-18-2012, 08:39 PM
1) Some of you mistakenly believe that the 7-day elixir runs down even when you are logged out or in town. It does not. When you buy this elixir you are buying 170~ hours of gaming time. Of course, it takes 10% of that time to hit max level.

1. Then this is different from other titles and will now most likely be fixed to run out after 7 days, with even less time for yourself. Or.. you have witnessed a fix, and will be added to the other titles shortly.

2. Isn't that a part of being a doctor? Seems they are paid to rip people off.

iRusher
11-18-2012, 08:54 PM
No.

ArtofWar
11-18-2012, 08:55 PM
would be cool but no :-/

Rare
11-18-2012, 08:58 PM

2) A few of you keep saying "it says 7 days, so it's your fault." I'd be curious to see your reactions if a pharmacist willingly sold you 7 days worth of medicine and then you found out that the pharmacist knew 6 days worth of that medicine would be a total waste. Something tells me "he told you it was 7 days worth!" wouldn't cut it.

Just curious, in the store, does it show up as "7day elixir" or "168 hour elixir".

As I mentioned before, these 7 day elixirs were meant to run continuously. That's the way it is in all three other legends titles. So, over the course of 7 days you have this experience boost.

In fact, I'm guessing a little digging into the pricing you would make it pretty obvious what it is supposed to be.

Doubt it Aed! And I think you just made the Triple Post highlight of the day! xD

Bod, I'm just trying to boost my post count man.

nenjih
11-30-2012, 11:28 PM
People, what's the problem?

7 day XP elixir cost 60 plat
15minute XP elixirs cost 4 plat

So 60 plats worth of 15m XP elixirs will last you only 5hrs
The 7 day XP elixir which also costs 60 plat lasts 168 hrs

Everything after 5 hrs is just a bonus. Obviously best taken when you're level 1, but could still be worth it at level 10