PDA

View Full Version : Need your thoughts...

Xaphan Fox
11-19-2012, 06:33 AM
Just purchased 92 tries worth of founders chests with both plat and gold.
I attained nothing but trash.
Someone kindly tell me why I support STS products again?

Zaonabiuibil
11-19-2012, 06:40 AM
Just purchased 92 tries worth of founders chests with both plat and gold.
I attained nothing but trash.
Someone kindly tell me why I support STS products again?

Cause they look perdy.

Astrocat
11-19-2012, 06:44 AM
92 tries? I did 155 tries and nothing. Check this: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=75428

j3peaz
11-19-2012, 07:01 AM
I didnt keep track of the number of bundles i bought but it was less than 30expected and get a whole set plus some. Also got one lvl 5 pink froom a copper chest (i think) early on. Roll of the dice i suppose

Deadbite
11-19-2012, 07:10 AM
I bought 40 or so... Nothing not one purp either...

Cero
11-19-2012, 07:26 AM
again. you're not the only one.

did the same ,same result

Astrocat
11-19-2012, 07:27 AM
I didnt keep track of the number of bundles i bought but it was less than 30expected and get a whole set plus some. Also got one lvl 5 pink froom a copper chest (i think) early on. Roll of the dice i suppose

Then like I said in my thread, if it's not a bug that when I open 155 chests and don't receive a single pink, then the luck system in that game is a disappointment, and I recommend Developers to fix this to make it fair. Because someone receiving pinks from 30 chests opened, and copper chests, is a bit too lucky. And someone receiving no pinks, but only greens or rarely purples from 155 elite chests, silver chests and platinum chests is disappointing, frustrating, sad and pointless. I demand a fix, or if not, then make the luck system different. Just my $0.02, but they really count for me as a great customer to Spacetime Studios.

*Zero*
11-19-2012, 08:15 AM
Seems since the "armor fix" patch pinks drop rates got nerfed even more.

MightyMicah
11-19-2012, 10:13 AM
Then like I said in my thread, if it's not a bug that when I open 155 chests and don't receive a single pink, then the luck system in that game is a disappointment, and I recommend Developers to fix this to make it fair. Because someone receiving pinks from 30 chests opened, and copper chests, is a bit too lucky. And someone receiving no pinks, but only greens or rarely purples from 155 elite chests, silver chests and platinum chests is disappointing, frustrating, sad and pointless. I demand a fix, or if not, then make the luck system different. Just my $0.02, but they really count for me as a great customer to Spacetime Studios.

If I were you, I would probably tell you to cry more please. I'd probably laugh at your failure and mock you. I'd probably say to stop complaining. I might say something like "better luck next time sport." But I'm not you.

Instead I say, I agree 100%. In fact, you bring up a very important problem. Especially when I know people who got one on their first try. That is extremely unfair to other customers. I'm certain it's a bug of some form. Sts wouldn't rip off customers like that. That's how you lose a player base. So, yes. You are absolutely, positively, correct. Good thoughts.

Astrocat
11-19-2012, 10:52 AM
If I were you, I would probably tell you to cry more please. I'd probably laugh at your failure and mock you. I'd probably say to stop complaining. I might say something like "better luck next time sport." But I'm not you.

Instead I say, I agree 100%. In fact, you bring up a very important problem. Especially when I know people who got one on their first try. That is extremely unfair to other customers. I'm certain it's a bug of some form. Sts wouldn't rip off customers like that. That's how you lose a player base. So, yes. You are absolutely, positively, correct. Good thoughts.

Sarcastic? :rolleyes:

MightyMicah
11-19-2012, 10:54 AM
Sarcastic? :rolleyes:

Not in the least! Couldn't agree more with what you said.

Astrocat
11-19-2012, 11:06 AM
Not in the least! Couldn't agree more with what you said.

Thanks Mighty! :)

MightyMicah
11-19-2012, 11:08 AM
Thanks Mighty! :)

You bet! :D

j3peaz
11-19-2012, 12:27 PM
Just wanna add, i was purchasing founders chests. My only complaint is i dont match lol. Blue hat and brown robe ftw

cjswogkstkdg
11-19-2012, 12:41 PM
~40 gold chests
~60 plat chests

One pink ring

Fml

Astrocat
11-19-2012, 12:57 PM
~40 gold chests
~60 plat chests

One pink ring

Fml

155 chests total (platinum ones, golden ones, silver ones) = 0 pink for me.

ProSophist
11-19-2012, 01:18 PM
Luck is not an additive factor. Meaning your chances doesn't get better if you open more chests. A person who opens his first chest has about the same chance of getting a pink as a person who is opening his 100th chest. That's why it is called a gamble.

cjswogkstkdg
11-19-2012, 01:24 PM
And thats why we dont like it

nomad187
11-19-2012, 01:53 PM
I don't ever buy them. Random packs are ridiculous.

MightyMicah
11-19-2012, 01:56 PM
Luck is not an additive factor. Meaning your chances doesn't get better if you open more chests. A person who opens his first chest has about the same chance of getting a pink as a person who is opening his 100th chest. That's why it is called a gamble.

You may have stumbled into a brilliant idea and not even realized it.

What if the chance to obtain a pink through gamble packs goes up everytime you purchase a pack? For instance by 1% each chest you purchase. Then purchasing 100 chests would guarantee you at least one pink. That's a kind of gambling I wouldn't mind.

Knockador
11-19-2012, 02:03 PM
lol after 19tries of spamming the 1k random. got a pink ring...lol I prob got it between 5-10 but kept spamming without checking. But yea these things are rigged to rip off the rich and give to the poor that when they get an ounce of money will spend it on STS cause they think they'l be lucky again ;) Good thinking STS. So don't buy plat for a week and then buy it and try to see if you win :D

Rare
11-19-2012, 02:07 PM

What if the chance to obtain a pink through gamble packs goes up everytime you purchase a pack? For instance by 1% each chest you purchase. Then purchasing 100 chests would guarantee you at least one pink. That's a kind of gambling I wouldn't mind.

Trust me... we've gone over this so many times since these packs were introduced. I don't think anything is going to change with them.

ProSophist
11-19-2012, 02:42 PM

That's not gambling. If you have a 100% chance of getting something, then they might as well put a fixed price on the actual item, which defeats the purpose whole idea of gambling. Their bundles have always been they way it is now, dating back all the way to the Halloween and Christmas packages on SL.

People fail to realize the concept of the founder's package. There's no guarantee. You don't get special privileges for buying more . It clearly states that it has a LOW chance of yielding a random founder's item. I personally have spent around 80k gold on trying without getting a pink so I just gave up, but I do know people who got a pink or two on their first 10 tries.

So folks, it's all luck. There's nothing else much to it.

MightyMicah
11-19-2012, 03:29 PM
That's not gambling. If you have a 100% chance of getting something, then they might as well put a fixed price on the actual item, which defeats the purpose whole idea of gambling. Their bundles have always been they way it is now, dating back all the way to the Halloween and Christmas packages on SL.

People fail to realize the concept of the founder's package. There's no guarantee. You don't get special privileges for buying more . It clearly states that it has a LOW chance of yielding a random founder's item. I personally have spent around 80k gold on trying without getting a pink so I just gave up, but I do know people who got a pink or two on their first 10 tries.

So folks, it's all luck. There's nothing else much to it.

Thank you, sir. Please take into consideration the following two things.

1. Go look up the word "gamble" and report back to me.

2. Notice my post was not stating how things are but rather how things should be.

Cheers

ProSophist
11-19-2012, 03:56 PM
Thank you, sir. Please take into consideration the following two things.

1. Go look up the word "gamble" and report back to me.

2. Notice my post was not stating how things are but rather how things should be.

Cheers

1. From Wikipedia: Gambling is the wagering of money or something of material value (referred to as "the stakes") on an event with an uncertain outcome with the primary intent of winning additional money and/or material goods.

You are suggesting that luck increases incrementally by 1% for each purchase of the chest/package. This means that by the time you at your 100th chest, you would have yielded a 100% chance of getting a pink. So if you have a 100% chance of getting something, there's no risk, there's no uncertainty, which means YOU ARE NOT GAMBLING. And that's my point. It defeats the purpose of the package. Unless of course, there is a new, secret, underground definition of gambling that I don't know about.

2. Yes you did state how you want things to be. And I just clearly explained why the idea won't work. So what is your point? Did you ACTUALLY read what I posted prior to this one?

For future reference, I always try to reason civilly based on the topic in hand. You don't have to react in a condescending manner because sooner or later you might run into someone who actually knows what they are talking about and make you look like an asinine.

Rare
11-19-2012, 04:07 PM
It defeats the purpose of the package.

Just out of curiosity... what do you consider to be the purpose of the package?

maestro
11-19-2012, 04:18 PM
Well I spent like 70 plat in chests got only crap. Then I decided to give it a shot and spent 140more plat in bundles to realize that they are bugged, my old gear is way better, they are taking too long to fix it. So now I have exactly the same question that you. Check this http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?75228-Disapointed-with-Arcane-Legends-and-Spacetime-Studios

ProSophist
11-19-2012, 04:18 PM
Just out of curiosity... what do you consider to be the purpose of the package?

It gives the items some sort of exclusivity. Why? Not everyone is willing to spend thousand of gold on these because it is not a guaranteed item. And even if you are willing to spend, it still doesn't mean you will get the item. Like I stated a million times, it's purely luck. Think of it as like getting a vanity item. After a few patches down the road, these items would have less purpose and you could see them around purely for aesthetics. Bear in mind that the Founder's gears aren't even best-in-slot.

That's the best part of it. Making it somewhat, although not absolute, exclusive. Then again, this is my opinion. I figured that if STS wanted all of us to get the items so easily without any repercussions, they would have put all the Founder's gear on the shop separately, with fixed prices, like they did with the platinum items on SL.