PDA

View Full Version : Black dragon vanity conversion, coming soon!

Techno Email
11-19-2012, 06:20 PM
Just FYI - black dragon gear will have a vanity conversion option coming soon!

The other dragon items will also be getting a conversion similar to the elite rings. Even better stat's will abound. More details to come!!!

dudetus
11-19-2012, 06:20 PM
Kewl. First.

Suentous PO
11-19-2012, 06:22 PM
Stats?!?!
I won't lose stats?
YAY!!

dudetus
11-19-2012, 06:27 PM
Hmm. Just spent 2k plat trying to get Mitas and didn't get it. Just bought golden dragon set. I am only doing endgame PvP and I have already 3 piece elite ring.

Just fml.

Techno Email
11-19-2012, 06:29 PM
Hmm. Just spent 2k plat trying to get Mitas and didn't get it. Just bought golden dragon set. I am only doing endgame PvP and I have already 3 piece elite ring.

Just fml.

Rings of Valiant Glory will be worked into the equation. (Have to take care of my hardcore players, by giving you some SUPER-primo stuff to work towards! :love_heart: )

dudetus
11-19-2012, 06:31 PM
Rings of Valiant Glory will be worked into the equation. (Have to take care of my hardcore players, by giving you some SUPER-primo stuff to work towards! :love_heart: )

Meaning we can add drag bonuses to our elite rings?

Nihiliste
11-19-2012, 06:32 PM
Pointless if so.

Energizeric
11-19-2012, 06:32 PM
Regarding the other dragon vanity sets, I just hope for three things:

1) that these "rings" (or other similar item) can be equiped alongside the elite rings, so that end-game players will actually want them. Otherwise the demand for them will be slim and the dragon sets will take a huge hit in value.

2) that they will be sellable/tradeable, otherwise myself and many others who are heavily invested in dragon sets will have their expensive items be rendered worthless.

3) that the dragon pets will still play a part in the equation, as myself and many others purchased these pets (I spent 1500 plat on them) for no reason other than to get the dragon set bonuses.

Energizeric
11-19-2012, 06:34 PM

Sounds like you answered my #1 question before I finished posting it! :)

Nihiliste
11-19-2012, 06:37 PM
Wasn't the point of making dragon rings so that they wouldn't be stackable with elite rings? Tell me because I don't see how this makes sense at all.

Cobraguy
11-19-2012, 06:40 PM
Awesome, thanks for keeping us updated Techno. I know I bugged you about it when I saw you on, but couldn't help it, This is probably the longest I've ever held on to a single set since I've started playing. Hope the time and gold investment was worth it.

Jcyee
11-19-2012, 06:40 PM
Will dragon vanities still be lootable then?

Energizeric
11-19-2012, 06:41 PM
Wasn't the point of making dragon rings so that they wouldn't be stackable with elite rings? Tell me because I don't see how this makes sense at all.

I'll explain....

First of all, the main point of making the rings was so that you wouldn't have to wear the actual armor and helm to get the bonus, and that way all players wouldn't run around looking the same. That was also the reason they did it with the elite rings, because too many players were looking the same while wearing the elite vanities.

Many of the elite players, including myself, spent months and months working and saving to be able to afford dragon sets, and then we spent most of our large fortunes on buying them. I actually paid 26m for my first dragon set back when the prices were higher. In order for dragon sets to actually retain some decent value, end-game players must want them. Otherwise there will be little demand for them and the value will drop. I'd estimate 95% of those with dragon sets also have elite rings. If those players suddenly have to choose, they will of course choose the elite ring and sell the dragon sets. There will then be a hundred dragon sets for sale and prices will drop to nothing as nobody will want them except maybe some lvl60-65 pvp twinks who don't have elite rings, and there's not enough of them to buy all the sets that will be for sale.

This is not an issue of stats here, but an economic one. Dragon sets becoming worthless with cause the entire PL economy to crash and many players would probably leave if they saw their entire fortunes gone.

Elyseon
11-19-2012, 06:41 PM
I believe the point was for vanities to be just that- vanity

I for one am really hyped about this

Noodleleg
11-19-2012, 06:42 PM
Again, there goes the prices :D!

Energizeric
11-19-2012, 06:44 PM
Again, there goes the prices :D!

If the stats are better and they can be stacked with elite rings, maybe the prices will go back up! :)

Cobraguy
11-19-2012, 06:50 PM
If the stats are better and they can be stacked with elite rings, maybe the prices will go back up! :)

To answer your question and since this has been announced, I guess I'll add this to the mix....
Screened on the 12th...

maneatingtree
11-19-2012, 06:56 PM
Wait will our dragon sets then dissapear?

Energizeric
11-19-2012, 06:56 PM
Hrmm, only issue I wonder about is the value of the dragon sets. Most of the value is in the stats, and if you cannot sell the part with the bonus stats, then the value of the sets becomes pretty worthless.

Also, what's to stop you from just passing the set around for everyone to craft their ring. I suppose after crafting a ring there could be some change made to the dragon set, like maybe it becomes uncraftable. But then it would lose all its value. It seems to me that the only way this would work is if you could "uncraft" it at a later date and put it back how it was in order to sell it to someone else.

I guess this issue is mostly an economic one to me. Most people seem more concerned with the stats, but since 90%+ of my money is currently in these sets, I'm more concerned with the value. I want to be able to use the sets, and then at a later date sell them for the millions I paid for them if I so choose. I'm not sure how this will be possible. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Also, there are obviously different colored sets with different stat bonuses. I own more than one, and often times I wear the different sets with different gear depending on which bonuses I want. I think the best way to approach this would be to make it possible to wear 2 rings at the same time, and make the dragon rings tradeable/sellable. Then you could wear an elite ring and a dragon ring at the same time. This would also satisfy those who complained that they can't wear their elite ring with their plat ring. Now they could wear both.

McBain
11-19-2012, 07:04 PM
Regarding the other dragon vanity sets, I just hope for three things:

1) that these "rings" (or other similar item) can be equiped alongside the elite rings, so that end-game players will actually want them. Otherwise the demand for them will be slim and the dragon sets will take a huge hit in value.

2) that they will be sellable/tradeable, otherwise myself and many others who are heavily invested in dragon sets will have their expensive items be rendered worthless.

3) that the dragon pets will still play a part in the equation, as myself and many others purchased these pets (I spent 1500 plat on them) for no reason other than to get the dragon set bonuses.

Agree, agree, and agree.

Cobraguy
11-19-2012, 07:05 PM
I really only ever liked the dragon sets for how they looked. I'll still wear mine regardless if they ever lost their stats or not. It's just some pixel gold to me, I don't take it that seriously. My Blue set looks pimp on my little penguin and I'm happy to own it.

McBain
11-19-2012, 07:07 PM
I have a question: will the vanity conversion for black dragon items be dependent on class? For example, if I have a DEX armor and convert it to vanity, will it still be DEX only? I'm assuming not, since no vanities have been class dependent thus far, but you never know...

Techno Email
11-19-2012, 07:07 PM
I bet you guys can't wait till we tell you more, huh??? (Man, I can be a cruel, CRUEL person...)

Energizeric
11-19-2012, 07:10 PM
I really only ever liked the dragon sets for how they looked. I'll still wear mine regardless if they ever lost their stats or not. It's just some pixel gold to me, I don't take it that seriously. My Blue set looks pimp on my little penguin and I'm happy to own it.

I suppose, I just wonder how much these sets will actually be worth if they no longer have stats. I mean people still pay 300k for flame rabbit ears vanity just because it looks cool and dragon sets are still rare, and people pay 10m for red set but only 6m for green set. Why the extra 4m? It's not the extra crit point that costs 4m, I guess it's just that it's more rare. So IDK. Maybe they will hold value. I guess we will have to wait and see. And yes, I do still love the dragon set look, although the new lvl75 sets look pretty awsome as well. :)

I do hope that the sparkles/smoke effect of the dragon sets still do stay. I want them to still look as cool and still be a "set".

And BTW, blue does look the best! :)

dudetus
11-19-2012, 07:11 PM
I bet you guys can't wait till we tell you more, huh??? (Man, I can be a cruel, CRUEL person...)

Women... Can't live with them but can't live without them.

Noodleleg
11-19-2012, 07:14 PM
Women... Can't live with them but can't live without them.

Reminds me of my mom...

(I'm so little compared to y'all ^_^)

XghostzX
11-19-2012, 07:38 PM
I hope the dragon vanities don't add that huge of a bonus. I enjoy end game PvP, and I don't want to have to spend 10 mill on a set (considering I only have 2 mill and every other piece to a set is overpriced at 1-2mill.) Pfft, greedy players :P

Multibird
11-19-2012, 09:19 PM
To answer your question and since this has been announced, I guess I'll add this to the mix....
Screened on the 12th...

Superb!!!

Multibird
11-19-2012, 09:21 PM
i bet you guys can't wait till we tell you more, huh??? (man, i can be a cruel, cruel person...)
lmfao....

Jhood5
11-19-2012, 10:09 PM
i was denied from aoa, I haven't gone to work since

slaveleia
11-19-2012, 10:15 PM
Just FYI - black dragon gear will have a vanity conversion option coming soon!

The other dragon items will also be getting a conversion similar to the elite rings. Even better stat's will abound. More details to come!!!

It's been so slow lately on the boards...and then this bombshell falls wow omg! Thx so much TechnoEmail !

Excitement again XD

noperly22
11-19-2012, 10:17 PM
Woooahhh almost my idea!!!!!!!!!

Seminole
11-20-2012, 01:09 AM
Just means I have to spend more time and more money farming a dragon set on top of a regular set to keep up with everyone else... No thanks....

Cobraguy
11-20-2012, 02:07 AM

Haha, no wonder you liked my name and guild so much. Cruel is fun :)

Jsaieagle
11-20-2012, 07:58 AM
I want to know will there be any stat bonus for the black dragon set?

Will I be able to keep the other dragon sets vanity after making the bonus into a ring? (If I can keep it, dragon sets would be nothing rare.... sigh! IMO, dragon sets should be rare!)

lilweezy
11-20-2012, 09:58 AM
the black dragon needs to give out a similar bonus like the color dragons when converted as well... please

Jsaieagle
11-20-2012, 10:48 AM
the black dragon needs to give out a similar bonus like the color dragons when converted as well... please

i agree! Cause we pay and levelled hard to get L71 last cap, we also spent lots of time for farming the set.

Jcyee
11-20-2012, 01:18 PM
So i assume each dragon set ring will have different stats. But will each black dragon set (like dex, int and str) have different stats from each other or will they all be the same black dragon ring?

Edit: will we need the actual dragon that goes with the vanity sets to be able to convert the set into a ring?

Cobraguy
11-20-2012, 04:07 PM
will we need the actual dragon that goes with the vanity sets to be able to convert the set into a ring?

I wonder if a possible trade-able pet will be coming as well. There is a slot for em in CS....
How will those without the chance to get the pet when 71 be able to get the ring if a pet is required for it? Kind of curious about this as well.

FluffNStuff
11-20-2012, 04:08 PM
So if you can combine the dragons and the elites into one ring, will this elite ring be stashable or will your dragon ring be tied to a character?

skrapicoco
11-20-2012, 05:04 PM
Why not make dragon shield vanity instead of ring?

Elyseon
11-20-2012, 06:07 PM
Why not make dragon shield vanity instead of ring?
Statted vanity shield = vanity item with stats
The whole point of this is to get rid of vanities with stats

skrapicoco
11-20-2012, 06:41 PM
Statted vanity shield = vanity item with stats
The whole point of this is to get rid of vanities with stats

why get rid of statted vanity?

Nihiliste
11-20-2012, 06:52 PM
Maybe because vanities aren't meant to have stats?

Elyseon
11-20-2012, 07:18 PM
vanity is designed to be a slot soley to customize your characters look
throw stats on them and as you can see people will wear only those, and no its not just cuz everyone 'happens' to like the look
notice the HUGE drop in elite vanities being worn since their stats have been removed?
i still wear my CoP although not in pvp LOL
anyone who has a dragon set is wearing it
sts is trying to restore the original purpose of vanities which im glad they are doing, set bonuses do enough for making us wear the same sets, but i like to not see a bunch of endgame clones

wammm
11-20-2012, 07:24 PM
Hmmm. What will happen to the dragon weap items ?

dudetus
11-20-2012, 07:25 PM
Hmmm. What will happen to the dragon weap items ?

nothing. Why should happen something?

skrapicoco
11-20-2012, 07:53 PM
vanity is designed to be a slot soley to customize your characters look
throw stats on them and as you can see people will wear only those, and no its not just cuz everyone 'happens' to like the look
notice the HUGE drop in elite vanities being worn since their stats have been removed?
i still wear my CoP although not in pvp LOL
anyone who has a dragon set is wearing it
sts is trying to restore the original purpose of vanities which im glad they are doing, set bonuses do enough for making us wear the same sets, but i like to not see a bunch of endgame clones

some change's are meant for good because its how it is not everything should stay the same :untroubled:

angeldawn
11-20-2012, 08:55 PM
I'm excited to see whats gonna happen :)

wvhills
11-20-2012, 10:17 PM

Unless u tell me I can keep the stats from my regular ring I wear and my dragon set I don't want to hear anything u say.

Who do I contact to get a refund on my 200 plat pet?

Rushorgtfo
11-21-2012, 12:46 AM
SO BLACK DRAGON IS UNOBTAINABLE BUT WILL GIVE A BETTER BONUS TO PLAYERS WHO HAVE EM? SO YOUR TELLING ME WHERE BACK TO SQUARE ONE WHEN ELITE VANITIES WERE AN ISSUUE? ridiculous.

Rushorgtfo
11-21-2012, 12:47 AM
I would also like a refund

Rushorgtfo
11-21-2012, 12:50 AM
nothing. Why should happen something?

Maybe because it takes or took a lot more work to get the weapon and not the stupid armor and helm?

Cobraguy
11-21-2012, 02:42 AM
As you can see here the pet will be required to get the ring, all hope is not lost by spending the plat for a pet......

I have more info on the sets, but I like to be cruel too.... ;)

Elyseon
11-21-2012, 03:08 AM
Thats lame...i like my bats more
Meh oh well
Maybe they make a bat ring or somethin

Cobraguy
11-21-2012, 03:16 AM
Thats lame...i like my bats more
Meh oh well
Maybe they make a bat ring or somethin

My interpretation of that is that owning a pet is required to obtain the ring, I don't think that the ring will only give the stats if a Dragon pet is worn with it. I'd rather not wear a pet at all tbh, so I hope this is the case. I could be wrong though, guess we will see.

razerfingers
11-21-2012, 03:35 AM
Just stuff to get me to spend money again ;)

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

McBain
11-21-2012, 03:52 AM
As you can see here the pet will be required to get the ring, all hope is not lost by spending the plat for a pet......

So basically, I can just borrow my friend's dragon set, buy the pet for a few plat, and then I'll get the ring. Awesome. That won't make dragon sets worthless at all [/sarcasm].

I'm all for stat-less vanities, but this seems the very definition of a non-solution.

Cobraguy
11-21-2012, 05:08 AM
So basically, I can just borrow my friend's dragon set, buy the pet for a few plat, and then I'll get the ring. Awesome. That won't make dragon sets worthless at all [/sarcasm].

I'm all for stat-less vanities, but this seems the very definition of a non-solution.

Hopefully this answers that, because I asked that very question.....

EAT
11-21-2012, 05:14 AM
Agreeeeeeeeeeee

McBain
11-21-2012, 05:30 AM

Touche, my man.....touche....

You were just waiting for that weren't you? :suspicious:

This whole thing is starting to become rather complicated though. I've always been a believer of Occam's Razor, and this solution still seems neither simple nor elegant. Of course, I don't have a dragon set, nor do I expect to have one any time soon, so it doesn't really affect me. So to quote Seinfeld, "good luck with allllll that!"

Cobraguy
11-21-2012, 06:10 AM
Touche, my man.....touche....

You were just waiting for that weren't you? :suspicious:
[/b][/i]"

That I was good sir....
Now may I direct your attention at this next pic.....
Techno, I hope you appreciate my being able to be even more mean than you....my name in game isnt Hate for nothing.... :)

Bunnyshoota
11-21-2012, 10:00 AM
I've given up capping since mf.

So I have NO idea as to what all this stuff is about. O.o

wvhills
11-21-2012, 10:45 AM
IMO, this is unethical business practices. It's bait and switch. Have people spend millions on dragon pieces then 200 plat on a pet then switch it out to a ring. I didn't want a ring, I already have a ring. If I do equip this dragon ring I'll have to I unequip my 10 damage, 2 dodge ring and will lose stats. Why is sts all of a sudden concerned about how toons look? I feel like this is a bait and switch and a ploy to introduce plat vanities and turn pl into a dl like vanity show. People won't buy plat vanities if they have dragon armor so make dragon armor a ring and then people will feel free to buy vanities. Which I don't mind except now I'll lose the stats I get from my existing ring. So, please refund my 200 plat and pay me 10 million for my dragon set.

skrapicoco
11-21-2012, 10:47 AM

And she said ring of valiant glory is required to craft it :) i dont have an ss sadly..but maybe hate caught it :)

Energizeric
11-21-2012, 03:32 PM

Very interesting... Kind of like crafting items like a glyphic blade steel. It has its value, but once you use it to craft it is gone. So for those of us who have multiple dragon sets, I guess there is no point in crafting more than one since you only need one ring. So you basically sacrifice one set for the ring, and then you can keep your other sets just as vanity and you can always sell these other sets at a later date.

I think a better idea would be to do this....

When you get a dragon items it looks like this: Blue Dragon Mystery Amor

Assuming you have the complete set with dragon pet, you can then craft it into a ring. Once you craft into a ring the above item will look like this in your inventory: Blue Dragon Mystery Armor -- it will be blue just like all the other vanity items, and the blue version can be traded (this way we can still sell the vanity portion) but the blue one cannot be used to craft a ring.

Energizeric
11-21-2012, 03:48 PM
And she said ring of valiant glory is required to craft it :) i dont have an ss sadly..but maybe hate caught it :)

What about the 2-vanity ring (instead of the 3-vanity ring)?? I can't imagine that she would make it so you need the better one.

And from what I have read so far, I don't think she is saying you need the elite ring to craft the dragon ring, but it sounds like instead if you happen to have the elite ring then you can combine it with your dragon ring so the stats are stacked. For those who don't have an elite ring, I wonder if they can combine it with a plat ring. Or alternatively, maybe someone with an elite ring and a plat ring should be able to combine both of those. I guess we will have to wait and see...

Energizeric
11-21-2012, 03:50 PM
The more I think about this from an economic standpoint (i.e. will dragon vanities hold their value?), the more I like it. Part of the problem with dragon vanities is the ever increasing supply of them being farmed. This change will result in a decrease of the supply as many of them will be used to craft a ring. So I think that may cause an increase in price, especially if the stats bonus of the ring is even better than the current dragon set bonus, which Techno says will be the case.

angeldawn
11-21-2012, 04:06 PM
So many of u are missing the point that this thread is about BLACK dragon which can't be farmed!!!

Elyseon
11-21-2012, 04:09 PM
Its happening
Get over it

Cobraguy
11-21-2012, 04:47 PM

I sure did, see attached pic. :)

Very interesting... Kind of like crafting items like a glyphic blade steel. It has its value, but once you use it to craft it is gone. So for those of us who have multiple dragon sets, I guess there is no point in crafting more than one since you only need one ring. So you basically sacrifice one set for the ring, and then you can keep your other sets just as vanity and you can always sell these other sets at a later date.

I think a better idea would be to do this....

When you get a dragon items it looks like this: Blue Dragon Mystery Amor

Assuming you have the complete set with dragon pet, you can then craft it into a ring. Once you craft into a ring the above item will look like this in your inventory: Blue Dragon Mystery Armor -- it will be blue just like all the other vanity items, and the blue version can be traded (this way we can still sell the vanity portion) but the blue one cannot be used to craft a ring.

This is exactly what I think will happen, although I'm still curious as to whether the "blue" version will still be tradeable as a vanity only.

What about the 2-vanity ring (instead of the 3-vanity ring)?? I can't imagine that she would make it so you need the better one.

And from what I have read so far, I don't think she is saying you need the elite ring to craft the dragon ring, but it sounds like instead if you happen to have the elite ring then you can combine it with your dragon ring so the stats are stacked. For those who don't have an elite ring, I wonder if they can combine it with a plat ring. Or alternatively, maybe someone with an elite ring and a plat ring should be able to combine both of those. I guess we will have to wait and see...

This pic is Techno explaining why only the 3 piece ring is required for crafting. Seems like she thought of everything this time......Basically the question that was asked was your exact question, "Why wont it craft with the 2 piece ring"

Energizeric
11-21-2012, 05:21 PM
So what you're telling me is a lvl61 pvp twink with a 2 piece ring and dragon set is not gonna be happy about this.

Neither am I as I have only the 2 piece ring and have 2 dragon sets which I now won't be able to use to add stats as I currently do. I guess I won't be doing anymore pvp until I reach 81.

Cobraguy
11-21-2012, 05:37 PM
I guess I won't be doing anymore pvp until I reach 81.

I don't see why not, its not like the stat change is only going to affect you personally, its universal, nobody will be able to use them in 61 pvp. You couldn't use a 2 piece vanity set plus a dragon set before the elite rings were made anyway. Can't make everybody happy.

Energizeric
11-21-2012, 06:07 PM
I don't see why not, its not like the stat change is only going to affect you personally, its universal, nobody will be able to use them in 61 pvp. You couldn't use a 2 piece vanity set plus a dragon set before the elite rings were made anyway. Can't make everybody happy.

I'm not 61 but was just mentioning that. I'm end game. As it is I have a small disadvantage that most end game pvp players have the 3 vanity ring and I only have the 2 vanity ring. Now they'll have the dragon bonus and I won't too. Both those things together mean a noticeable disadvantage. Furthermore, I believe this issue will cause only end game players with the 3 vanity ring to want dragon sets. Even if you have no vanity ring the difference between dragon bonus and a plat ring is small that it wouldn't pay to spend the money in dragon.

McBain
11-21-2012, 08:46 PM
So, if I'm understanding this, crafting this dragon ring will require one of the cap rings? And since you can only craft it once, it's kinda stupid to craft it with the 2-piece ring? And therefore dragon sets will really only be useful to players with the 3-piece elite cap ring?

Someone explain to me why that makes any sense whatsoever.

darthdlo
11-22-2012, 12:45 AM
Take it back u ruined it

Deadbite
11-22-2012, 12:52 AM
Pl has gone down the drain... This game needs BIIIGGGG change.... My favorite game destroyed by greed..

Deadbite
11-22-2012, 12:57 AM
Wait I just realized If I were I craft a set... I would lose the use of my 7 amour 2dodge ring???? How about you give us options!!! Let us keep the set bonus if decide if we decide not to craft! Don't ruin it for us who have not capped and wanna keep the use of our rings!

wammm
11-22-2012, 06:27 AM
pl has gone down the drain... This game needs biiigggg change.... My favorite game destroyed by greed..

i strongly agree

Aqp (A Quarter Pounder)
11-22-2012, 06:35 AM
That I was good sir....
Now may I direct your attention at this next pic.....
Techno, I hope you appreciate my being able to be even more mean than you....my name in game isnt Hate for nothing.... :)

That's me. :ooo

deviousdemon
11-22-2012, 06:47 AM
So what you're telling me is a lvl61 pvp twink with a 2 piece ring and dragon set is not gonna be happy about this.

exactly ...

just another disappointment....

gibol1412
11-22-2012, 10:09 AM
I think You people to much complain about game. You got always choice. Spend money or not spend. Play or not play. I will be still playing this game. Thank You STS for epic game and many great memories:love_heart: