PDA

View Full Version : Help please :)

sykopaf
09-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Hi guys im new to this game and all, so i was wondering if anyone could help me? I just started a mage? What should my build be ? Thank you! ;)

Arterra
09-11-2010, 09:46 PM
may i direct you towards the mage section of the forum? im sorry for being abrupt lol but there is just so much there, I cannot just tell you here. I can guarantee that asking this there will get you three answers too many lool. and spam. :D

although to start off, for now put all stats into int if your looking for a normal mage.

Royce
09-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Yup browse the enchantress section of the forum. The question is just too broad to answer easily. First you need to decide if you will be a traditional Int-based mage, a Str-based paladin, or a Dex-based bowchantress. Then you need to let people know if you are primarily interested in PvE, or if you also plan to play a lot of PvP (this affects how you should build your character). Anyway, welcome to the community :)

Arterra
09-11-2010, 09:51 PM
0_0 i beat royce at helping people

sykopaf
09-11-2010, 09:57 PM
Wow, that's fast :) Could you recommend me the fastest build to level? I think i would rather level fast and respec? ( not sure if i spelt it correctly :S ) And oh yeah should is it advisable to get an item pack?

Arterra
09-11-2010, 10:02 PM
plat items are usually a fail due to better drops in dungeons, but sometimes you just need better items at the beginning. I bought a lvl 5 armor that gives 1 H and M regeneration per second just to help all my new characters with.

Personal experience here, dont take 100%...
I used a dexterity mage for all 45 levels of my mage lol switched to pure at the very
----bows/crossbows/throwing spikes are the items with most damage per second (dps)
----dex gives you extra hit%, crit% and dodge% early on you'll love the extra hit% and later you will specialize in crit or dodge (or both, hey)
----dex items have more armor than int items (leather versus cloth lol)
----it's fun :p

Raxie
09-11-2010, 10:06 PM
there is no build that is the fastest build.
never, ever power level which means level to 45, with the help of much higher leveled people than you. always take your time; you don't need to rush to get level 45. i have 3 level 45s and it is boring, with nothing to do so i'm making a new character and it's going to stay at level 35. right now my new character is level 11 and it's called Raxie so if your character is around that level, feel free to join me in some games. play through the quests and take your time.

pure mage is good for pvp but not so much in pve. due to their weak armour and health the survivability of a pure mage is low. however, they hit hard with the staffs.
dex mage is almost as good as the pure mage. however, due to the recent skill conversion update, the dex mage has become weaker than the pure mage. however, it's fun to use a dex mage as it has very high critical due to the amount of points spent in dex.
str mage, aka paladin is probably the best mage class as it can equip the best armour and has high hp due to the amount points spent in str. paladins can hit hard with their lance or spear and have great armour. this class works great for both pve and pvp.

Royce
09-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Wow, that's fast :) Could you recommend me the fastest build to level? I think i would rather level fast and respec? ( not sure if i spelt it correctly :S ) And oh yeah should is it advisable to get an item pack?

For leveling, I'd recommend staying with Int. You get a bit of regen from Int, and can wear better regen gear at mid levels, so it's not really faster but cheaper. Once you get to level 35 Dex mage becomes more appealing (Due to better regen gear for Dex), and at level 40 paladin becomes another excellent option (due to regen gear for Str). If you stay with Int, put most (or all if you want, since you will respec anyway) of your attribute points in Int, spend none in Str, and putting some in Dex is advisable (for Hit%, Damage, Crit, etc.).

As for the item packs, they are okay but nothing special. IMO, you'd be better off spending your plat on some decent plat store items (the armor they sell is very good for low levels), or just finding your items in dungeons.

sykopaf
09-11-2010, 10:07 PM
That's complicating :S HAHA im kinda new to mmos. But what if i want a build with high damage? That way i can kill monsters faster which equates to faster leveling i suppose

sykopaf
09-11-2010, 10:09 PM
thanks royce :) But armour do you recommend me getting? ( sorry for pestering you guys , really appreciate the help thou :) )

Royce
09-11-2010, 10:11 PM
thanks royce :) But armour do you recommend me getting? ( sorry for pestering you guys , really appreciate the help thou :) )

Get the kind with M/s. That will be your single most significant stat until you reach level 45 when gear gives you all the regen you need regardless of build (which is kinda dumb IMO, but I digress).

Raxie
09-11-2010, 10:13 PM
all armour is around the same for low levels. i suggest the frosty armour if you are talking about plat armour because it gives 1 m/s which is very helpful, especially to low level mages.

Arterra
09-12-2010, 10:37 AM
That's complicating :S HAHA im kinda new to mmos. But what if i want a build with high damage? That way i can kill monsters faster which equates to faster leveling i suppose

mages have awesome aoe attacks. to maximize on this having higher int helps. also finding a aoe staff is cool.