PDA

View Full Version : New mute filter

sirtibby
11-20-2012, 12:17 AM
I strongly advocate getting rid of it. It is way too strict. ::scowl::

Flamberge
11-20-2012, 12:37 AM
Hey Tib! I haven't found any trouble with filter though lol..

How are doin bud?

sirtibby
11-20-2012, 12:47 AM
Hey Flam! Doing good. Got muted twice in like 20 minutes though. One word wasn't even a cuss. >:(

Flamberge
11-20-2012, 01:02 AM
Yeah you should be more careful next time u type something. The filter isn't the same with Dl lol..

Chivaz
11-20-2012, 06:25 AM
I agree, it's the most annoying thing I've bumped into, not even bugs or losing items were close. Talking to my guild-mates, party, friends..just out of the blue it bombarded me, I wasn't saying something offensive..Why is there even a chat filter off option then? If I was talking to the general public of players, I might understand a bit...It was like having an automated paranoid kindergarten teacher, fussing over everything you say then cutting every mean of communication you have in the game...

Deadbite
11-20-2012, 06:28 AM
It's the same as PL if u ever played that. Be extra carefull and add in an extra few letters if needed.

sirtibby
11-20-2012, 09:33 AM
I only let my mouth get away with me when I know I am among older more mature friends so this really really aggravates me.

cjswogkstkdg
11-20-2012, 12:06 PM
I have gotten banned numerous times in pl because of my typos
Sometimes my device goes crazy and types somethings that i was not intennted to say

For example, sometimes i replace c with an x by an accidnet when im typing sec (well something like that)

I just think that they should remove the mute and the bann >: but make the filtering chat something that is required to do or something that you cannot change (like old PL)

PikseliM
11-21-2012, 01:56 AM
Ye, i have often issues with my swedish friends though they have many words that causes mute... that is so irritating.. and same with finnish

Tierpler
12-31-2014, 09:23 PM
this is so ridiculous! i understand the reason for muting but i've been muted for saying "sht" not even "****!" i think you should be muted for actual full swear words like "****" and "****" but not "fk" or "sht." that's just completely unreasonable!