PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Legends can lead your phone into death.

Yuni99
11-20-2012, 01:40 AM
How? It overheats your phone and you guys might think its okay because you're enjoying the game... I run this game on my phone "HTC One X" and it overheats constantly when the game runs after 5 minutes or maybe less...

I have tested this game on the following devices...

HTC Sensation - Overheats..
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Overheats..
Galaxy Note II - Not as much but heats up
Nexus 4 - Overheats

I suggest you play on a tablet or on your home PC. You're phone might not be worth killing for a game...

Hope this helps anyone in any way...

play safely.

gundamsone
11-20-2012, 01:44 AM
this game overheats on pretty much all the samsung phones , personally tested on samsung infuse 4g, and note 4g
it also uses more battery than it charges so that's another problem.

Yuni99
11-20-2012, 01:48 AM
I thought it was because I overclocked my CPU to 2.1 GHz and no, its actually the game... Does the game play in flash or opengl drivers ?

Astrocat
11-20-2012, 03:07 AM
Runs perfect on my Xperia ^^
No problem here ^^

Rot
11-20-2012, 04:24 AM
PL overheats my iPod. Thanks to it, my iPod's immune to heat now. :D

ShadowGunX
11-20-2012, 08:08 AM
all smartphone heats up. nothing new in it. lol

bronislav84
11-20-2012, 11:08 AM
It overheats on my SGS3 too. Overheating isn't a problem though. If it overheats and makes the phone restart or shut off when the problem is important.

Which it doesn't.

Snakespeare
11-20-2012, 12:11 PM
Most of those devices are made by companies who consider heat a "YP not an MP". The company that makes my phone rejects apps that overheat it. But then, I'm still waiting on AL for my phone. So, you get to choose between waiting and testing or being the tester. It's not the fault of the app developers, it's up to the phone makers. And if they don't care, then it's buyer beware.

Aren't there settings to lower the resolution or frame rate? If so, does that reduce your heating problem?

mike1298
11-20-2012, 12:42 PM
I can run Al all day with only a minor heat up, HTC Thunderbolt.

Growwle
11-20-2012, 12:49 PM
Software does not overheat your phone, it overheats due to bad engineering. Most phones have poor airflow over the components and when you put a case or cover on your phone, it makes it worse. Also, if you play with the charger plugged in, your battery will get very hot. Cell phones were not designed to run at full speed for hours at a time.

Futumsh
11-20-2012, 12:55 PM
There's a slider in the game options to reduce the framerate for people with problems like these, or who prefer longer battery life to higher framerate.

sirtibby
11-20-2012, 02:50 PM
I can run Al all day with only a minor heat up, HTC Thunderbolt.

I haven't had overheating with AL so far... Same phone. DL, on the other hand, overheats it after a little while in CTF.

Knockador
11-20-2012, 03:17 PM
I play on tablet with rubber case, lol I run all these while pvp in PL, Music/SixAxis/Blutooth connection to my Ps3 controller/Screen Capture/Notifications...all this and I don't lag/overheat. Prob cause I over clocked my device, I don't see why it shouldn't be over heating when it's running at more than it's full capacity. lol on a iPad I would crash and prob blow up everything, good thing Android knows how to build its tablets to over clock.