PDA

View Full Version : Overpowered Warrior

krakuus
11-20-2012, 09:47 AM
I think warrior class is overpowered as only one class can put all stats into STR what gives him terrifying amount of dps bonus and health. Rogue and Sorc must divide points into two categories. That's damn unfair. You should balance it somehow... 80% of players plays warrior now

Lowlyspy
11-20-2012, 09:51 AM
They just need their damage lowered a bit imo. As tanks they're supposed to have high health.

mike1298
11-20-2012, 09:57 AM
They know and have said they are working on balancing.

MightyMicah
11-20-2012, 11:17 AM
I think warrior class is overpowered as only one class can put all stats into STR what gives him terrifying amount of dps bonus and health. Rogue and Sorc must divide points into two categories. That's damn unfair. You should balance it somehow... 80% of players plays warrior now

Allow me to share the wisdom of my friend Kotaa.

"Black ops 2 is so balanced that it sucks."

Food for thought.

dmspker
11-20-2012, 12:21 PM
How can you compare mmo and shooter :)?

MightyMicah
11-20-2012, 02:28 PM
How can you compare mmo and shooter :)?

By observing the balance? Such as what I just did ;)

McBain
11-20-2012, 03:11 PM
As a warrior, you can't put all points into str though. Might seem good, but it'd be a lame build. You'd have a ton of health, and on paper you'd have high damage, but no mana, crit, or dodge. Believe or not, you're better off putting some of those point into int and dex

mike1298
11-20-2012, 03:17 PM
As a warrior, you can't put all points into str though. Might seem good, but it'd be a lame build. You'd have a ton of health, and on paper you'd have high damage, but no mana, crit, or dodge. Believe or not, you're better off putting some of those point into int and dex

If you have that mana regen skill then no need for int. And dex gives such an minimal amount to warriors.

*Zero*
11-20-2012, 03:19 PM
Yes the warrior class needs a slight Nerf. But some of us aren't tank specced so to reduce the damage is basically forcing us to roll a tank spec. Why hasn't anyone mention a Nerf to mages, have you seen the leaderboards? Just becareful what you wish for.

McBain
11-20-2012, 03:19 PM
Furthermore, to specifically address the issue at hand, I disagree that warriors are overpowered. I can't speak for rogues, but I have a warrior and a mage, and yeah, the warrior is tougher to kill (as they should be), but the mage mows down mobs much faster. I don't have any problems surviving with my mage. You just gotta play a little differently. Can't go running into groups of enemies like the warrior can. That's how the game is supposed to be. Different classes = different play styles.

Lowlyspy
11-20-2012, 03:22 PM
If you have that mana regen skill then no need for int. And dex gives such an minimal amount to warriors.
What mana regen skill? I've heard about this but i haven't seen any skill on my warrior other than the upgrade of Skyward Smash that gives any mana.

*Zero*
11-20-2012, 03:23 PM
What mana regen skill? I've heard about this but i haven't seen any skill on my warrior other than the upgrade of Skyward Smash that gives any mana.

Vengeful Blood

Lowlyspy
11-20-2012, 03:24 PM
Vengeful Blood
Really? Huh, never noticed that. Well ya learn something new every day :p

McBain
11-20-2012, 03:28 PM

Yeah, but then you've used skill points on someone you don't need otherwise. Your skills will help you do more damage than putting all your stat points into strength will. You're better off with something like a 4-1-1, 4-0-2, or even 3-1-2 stat ratio (str-dex-int).

ProSophist
11-20-2012, 03:42 PM
Very dangerous topic considering many Warrior congregates lurk around the forum waiting to bash you in the face with their senseless arguments.

Anyway, we don't have to kill the class. They just need to nerf the damage because they shouldn't be on-par with the damage of a sorcerer, and they certainly should NOT be doing more damage than a rogue. Perhaps a very minor decrease in damage mitigation, but not too big because who else will tank elite maps?

Astrocat
11-20-2012, 03:44 PM
When will these complaining threads stop? Put it your brain that a warrior must TANK. Aight!?

Bless
11-20-2012, 03:47 PM
Yes the warrior class needs a slight Nerf. But some of us aren't tank specced so to reduce the damage is basically forcing us to roll a tank spec. Why hasn't anyone mention a Nerf to mages, have you seen the leaderboards? Just becareful what you wish for. Mages are alright as they are, no nerfing needed. They have beast damage however they dont have health/armor so they will die if they get mobbed by 10+ enemies.

Kuero
11-20-2012, 04:15 PM
Yeah, but then you've used skill points on someone you don't need otherwise. Your skills will help you do more damage than putting all your stat points into strength will. You're better off with something like a 4-1-1, 4-0-2, or even 3-1-2 stat ratio (str-dex-int).

So you get 6 stat points each lvl up?

akfury
11-20-2012, 04:18 PM
When will these complaining threads stop? Put it your brain that a warrior must TANK. Aight!?
He must tank but not out dps the dps classes... Doesn't make since... My 2 gold coins

Astrocat
11-20-2012, 04:19 PM
He must tank but not out dps the dps classes... Doesn't make since... My 2 gold coins

ZOMG you're back! Nice to see you back Ak! :)

McBain
11-20-2012, 04:20 PM
So you get 6 stat points each lvl up?

Yes

dtandel10
11-20-2012, 04:47 PM
I think worrier is good the way it is coz ive played eden eternal and othere games and tanks are preety same as tank in AL so i say no changes special to damage worrier needs damage coz they get beaten up the most and if they have no high damage then clearing mobs is hard

only thing i will say is make rouge long range with bow. And keep damage same or almost same as other classes trust ME WORRIERS need good damage since dodge and crit is low for them

Astrocat
11-20-2012, 04:48 PM
I think worrier is good the way it is coz ive played eden eternal and othere games and tanks are preety same as tank in AL so i say no changes special to damage worrier needs damage coz they get beaten up the most and if they have no high damage then clearing mobs is hard

only thing i will say is make rouge long range with bow. And keep damage same or almost same as other classes trust ME WORRIERS need good damage since dodge and crit is low for them

^Disss.

akfury
11-20-2012, 04:53 PM
ZOMG you're back! Nice to see you back Ak! :)

Yep :)

Deathpunch
11-20-2012, 05:12 PM

Do you understand what a tank is supposed to do? They are not meant to kill stuff, they are meant to take all of the damage from and attention of the enemy while others kill them. That's why people are saying they need a DAMAGE nerf, not ARMOR. As it stands, yes, warriors are over powered in the damage department and need a nerf.

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment

Bless
11-20-2012, 05:18 PM

Do you understand what a tank is supposed to do? They are not meant to kill stuff, they are meant to take all of the damage from and attention of the enemy while others kill them. That's why people are saying they need a DAMAGE nerf, not ARMOR. As it stands, yes, warriors are over powered in the damage department and need a nerf.

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment Yup damage is quite high.

NiN
11-20-2012, 05:28 PM
My lvl 6 warrior is OP.
My level 16 rogue dies in 2 hits with elixir and full Pink gear.
Seems ok to me.

NOT!!!

McBain
11-20-2012, 05:29 PM
Nah it's fine.

They also attack slower than the other classes. Don't know if y'all noticed that. It's like in PL with bears. They have high damage, but the other classes win in DPS.

Nightarcher
11-20-2012, 05:45 PM
I think an everything-but-Warrior improvement would be better than a Warrior class nerf.

Give mages a bit more crit (intelligent = smart = know where weaknesses are, right?) and buff up Rogues some more. I don't see as many Rogues and they just don't seem as useful at this point (maybe because people don't give them a chance and don't know how to play them the best way yet, who knows).

Astrocat
11-20-2012, 05:55 PM
I think an everything-but-Warrior improvement would be better than a Warrior class nerf.

Give mages a bit more crit (intelligent = smart = know where weaknesses are, right?) and buff up Rogues some more. I don't see as many Rogues and they just don't seem as useful at this point (maybe because people don't give them a chance and don't know how to play them the best way yet, who knows).

Exactly. Well said.

Bless
11-20-2012, 06:02 PM

Give mages a bit more crit (intelligent = smart = know where weaknesses are, right?) and buff up Rogues some more. I don't see as many Rogues and they just don't seem as useful at this point (maybe because people don't give them a chance and don't know how to play them the best way yet, who knows). ur gandalf? I think i played with u before

Cahaun
11-20-2012, 06:12 PM
My lvl 6 warrior is OP.
My level 16 rogue dies in 2 hits with elixir and full Pink gear.
Seems ok to me.

NOT!!!
If your rogue is dying in two hits, you aren't playing your class like you should.

hippl
11-20-2012, 06:22 PM
If your rogue is dying in two hits, you aren't playing your class like you should.

I agree to disagree. It's normal for rogue to die in two hits if it is high dmg rogue. He should be behind a tank or kill faster than take those lethal 2 hits. (And btw Elite Mother can 1hit even 2000hp 500armor Warrior, so death for Rogues is normal, but one should minimize death rate and maximiZe his team value - dps/heal)

Dirty
11-20-2012, 09:07 PM
I have a lvl 16 warrior and yes they are very powerful but very boring. Their dmg is op, if played right they can plow through a group of mobs. Started a mage and am in love with the mage. Idk about the rogue so i have no suggestions about them but i feel the mages should regen mana better. I run through manas like astrocat runs from a fight.. Jk astrocat lol but yeah would love for mage to have something like vengeful blood.

Superduper
11-20-2012, 09:13 PM
Cry more plox

Deathpunch
11-20-2012, 09:16 PM
I have a lvl 16 warrior and yes they are very powerful but very boring. Their dmg is op, if played right they can plow through a group of mobs. Started a mage and am in love with the mage. Idk about the rogue so i have no suggestions about them but i feel the mages should regen mana better. I run through manas like astrocat runs from a fight.. Jk astrocat lol but yeah would love for mage to have something like vengeful blood.

Life Giver? It has extras that give you a burst of mana, though most of the boost makes up for what you just used to cast the spell with, and a skill that boosts mana regen.

-----

Dirty
11-20-2012, 09:24 PM
Life Giver? It has extras that give you a burst of mana, though most of the boost makes up for what you just used to cast the spell with, and a skill that boosts mana regen.

-----

Fail in comparison to vengeful

Deathpunch
11-20-2012, 10:08 PM
Fail in comparison to vengeful

Maybe so, but its the only option for a mage, now ain't it?

-----

Piosidon
11-20-2012, 10:56 PM
Personally I have a str/int build. That way I can use more skills while waiting for vengeful blood to charge. Int adds into mana pool. Vengeful just regenerates it. Say you have a warrior with 100 mana. It just doesn't work

CosmoxKramer
11-20-2012, 11:10 PM
There are a few things they could do to fix the slight imbalance. Currently all classes gain 2 damage% for each 4 points of their main stat, but it comes in the pattern 0-0-1-1-0-0-1-1 etc

Lower the rate that warrior gets damage % slightly from STR. Since A warrior has the lowest average spell cost it is easier for them to use a +m/s pet and not need to put any point into anything but STR and let their items give the extra mana needed. If STS lowered their damage% per STR rate slightly to .4 or .45 from the current .5 rate that would help. People that complain about their armor being high is a crazy thought. They are WARRIORS, any game like this will have warriors with high HP/armor. Plus I like them having it for ELITE dungeons:rapture:
Rogues gain Dodge/Crit from dex and with the current calculation for those they can get pretty high values, especially with a pet. They also gain dodge at a higher rate than the other classes. The biggest problem is their skill costs are on average 20 mana more than a warrior at level 16 (55 mana avg). I think their skill costs could be re-thought a bit. Maybe add a skill that recovers X% mana on dodge or crit
Mages skills cost on average 91 mana at level 16. With 1800 mana, that is just unders 20 skills before they go OOM and that isn't hard to do in an ELITE dungeon. 8 m/s pets don't help too much when the spells costs >11x that. The Lifegiving skill even if u put both points into the mana skills , you only recover 9.5% of your mana or about 1/2 that after you factor in the cost to cast the spell. The 6 m/s over 10 seconds recovers another 2/3 a spell cost. So my point in all this is to keep up wight the mana costs and to benefit the most from the 9.5% mana return, a Mage really needs to put most of his points into INT. I dislike the shield spell as the point of a 2s immunity bubble should be like an "oh crap!" Button, but it needs to be charged. So how do you improve Mage survive ability, dodge/Health will be lower because of extreme mana costs and lack of productive mana return???

Thanks for reading and constructive arguments

SkillFullGamer
11-20-2012, 11:23 PM
As one of the leading Warriors on Arcane Legends I can for sure say the balance is fine. I believe the Rogue class could use a better healing class so they don't have to pick up the heals, but that's about it. If you Lower Damage on the Warrior class, it will destroy the class . And if you do this we will not be able to compete in pvp or pve. I will quite if this happens. If your gonna penalize the Tanks damage any further then you have BETTER, add an extra ,let's say ,4 seconds to mages spell regeneration, and cut the rogues dodge by 1/3. Does that sound fair? Id reconsider an takes long enough for warriors to kill fricken mobs and u want to make it longer? While I've seen sorcerers blast through mobs in as fast as they can press the button....that' doesn't sound fair....So as for the, idiot, who started this thread, think before you start a thread like this demeaning q class overpowered ....in which case rumors spread and STS ends up scrapping the warrior class and Arcane Legends end s up as bad as Star Legends with a fricken engineering class (Support) being overpowered and tanking better then a commando....I appoligize for the rudeness but its late and this thread really upset me >:(

ProSophist
11-21-2012, 12:07 AM
As one of the leading Warriors on Arcane Legends I can for sure say the balance is fine. I believe the Rogue class could use a better healing class so they don't have to pick up the heals, but that's about it. If you Lower Damage on the Warrior class, it will destroy the class . And if you do this we will not be able to compete in pvp or pve. I will quite if this happens. If your gonna penalize the Tanks damage any further then you have BETTER, add an extra ,let's say ,4 seconds to mages spell regeneration, and cut the rogues dodge by 1/3. Does that sound fair? Id reconsider an takes long enough for warriors to kill fricken mobs and u want to make it longer? While I've seen sorcerers blast through mobs in as fast as they can press the button....that' doesn't sound fair....So as for the, idiot, who started this thread, think before you start a thread like this demeaning q class overpowered ....in which case rumors spread and STS ends up scrapping the warrior class and Arcane Legends end s up as bad as Star Legends with a fricken engineering class (Support) being overpowered and tanking better then a commando....I appoligize for the rudeness but its late and this thread really upset me >:(

Warriors are the epitome of a tanking class. Nobody is complaining that about their armor, it is their damage. They are doing significantly more damage than the Rogue, which is supposedly the primary damage dealer in the game, and they just on par with the Sorcerers in terms of mob damage. Basically, they can do EVERYTHING that the other 2 classes very well, but they can do a lot of things that Rogues and Sorcerers can't. By that logic, why shouldn't Rogues or Sorcerers have the same tanking capabilities of the Warriors then?

If that is the case, then what is the point of having 2 other classes? Boosting Rogues and Sorcerers damage-wise will do nothing in terms of re-balancing the class. Warriors will still retain insane combination of dps and tanking capabilities.

Lastly, there's no reason to call the thread starter an idiot. If anything, you should look yourself in the mirror because you are not "one of the leading warriors of Arcane Legends," unless of course, you have an entire cult to back up that claim. Nonetheless, I'm sure nobody cares.

Montanabro
11-21-2012, 12:32 AM
The problem with nerfing Warrior's damage is that many (most?) Warriors I encounter are not tanks, but rather DPSers. Considering this, and the fact that many of the people who play this game are quite young and inexperienced with game, it's unreasonable to nerf Warrior's damage and expect a nine-year-old to suddenly respec as a pure tank. For Warriors that want to get far in elite dungeons, there are very viable tank specs in the current patch.

eugene9707
11-21-2012, 12:37 AM
The problem with nerfing Warrior's damage is that many (most?) Warriors I encounter are not tanks, but rather DPSers. Considering this, and the fact that many of the people who play this game are quite young and inexperienced with game, it's unreasonable to nerf Warrior's damage and expect a nine-year-old to suddenly respec as a pure tank. For Warriors that want to get far in elite dungeons, there are very viable tank specs in the current patch.

but ......i bet they probably still have around 400 or more armor ......

my Sorcerer got 2 hit kill in the first elite map .....
so , not much damage can done ... T-T

Deathpunch
11-21-2012, 12:48 AM
Warriors are the epitome of a tanking class. Nobody is complaining that about their armor, it is their damage. They are doing significantly more damage than the Rogue, which is supposedly the primary damage dealer in the game, and they just on par with the Sorcerers in terms of mob damage. Basically, they can do EVERYTHING that the other 2 classes very well, but they can do a lot of things that Rogues and Sorcerers can't. By that logic, why shouldn't Rogues or Sorcerers have the same tanking capabilities of the Warriors then?

If that is the case, then what is the point of having 2 other classes? Boosting Rogues and Sorcerers damage-wise will do nothing in terms of re-balancing the class. Warriors will still retain insane combination of dps and tanking capabilities.

Lastly, there's no reason to call the thread starter an idiot. If anything, you should look yourself in the mirror because you are not "one of the leading warriors of Arcane Legends," unless of course, you have an entire cult to back up that claim. Nonetheless, I'm sure nobody cares.

Aw, snap!

Since 9 year olds are legally too young to be playing this, your argument is invalid. Besides, regardless of your age, you should know your role and play it properly.

-----

McBain
11-21-2012, 01:11 AM
I really think you all are missing that the damage stat is a number that doesn't necessarily reflect the amount of damage you're dealing out. Warriors will have higher base damage (which they should, IMO), and that's what is reflected in the stats, but the other classes deal much more damage overall. If there was a DPS stat in AL I think you'd see that. I have a toon for each of the three classes, and the rogue and mage clean house much faster than the warrior in my experience. They're like a hot knife through butter. Are they more squishy than warriors? Absolutely. A warrior can sit there in the middle of a large group of enemies and chop away, but there's no way they're killing enemies as fast as a rogue or mage can. If that's the case, you're doing it wrong. That's all I can say.

If anything, I would say that rogues are underpowered in certain areas. More specifically, I'm not sure if the rogue's purpose in the game has been fully thought out. Even more than that, however, I think the bigger overall problem is that there are no revives in this game. In the other games, there is a trade-off to playing a squishier class because you can be revived if you die. Not the the case in AL, so dying is a much bigger deal. The result of this is that, inevitably, the warrior class is seen as superior because they die less, even though they're supposed to be that way.

Montanabro
11-21-2012, 01:15 AM
Aw, snap!

Since 9 year olds are legally too young to be playing this, your argument is invalid. Besides, regardless of your age, you should know your role and play it properly.

-----

Don't turn a blind eye to the fact that plenty of AL players are younger than the age limit and enjoy AL but don't understand a lot of the nuances associated with playing particular classes, cooldown efficiencies, etc. Whether they are illegally playing or not, they constitute a large number of the people we group with.

Piosidon
11-21-2012, 02:50 AM
On my lvl 11 Smurf, it's stat damage is 35, but a charged regular attack does about 65 damage.

Also, y'all say warriors are about tanking? Well I think people would find it hard to tank AND stay alive if the damage was lowered, the dodge and armor makes like no difference. Here's a tip for y'all non-warriors, just tag behind one and try to KS them. Warriors are meant to start the fight, and others help to end it.

If you disagree with me, just go make a warrior.

krakuus
11-21-2012, 04:54 AM

Worst solution ever seen ,let's go further and rename game to Warrior Legends ...

Astrocat
11-21-2012, 04:58 AM
Worst solution ever seen ,let's go further and rename game to Warrior Legends ...

Worst idea I ever seen..

krakuus
11-21-2012, 05:40 AM
Worst idea I ever seen..
That wasn't idea Einstein that was sarcasm...

Cahaun
11-21-2012, 06:10 AM

I agree to disagree. It's normal for rogue to die in two hits if it is high dmg rogue. He should be behind a tank or kill faster than take those lethal 2 hits. (And btw Elite Mother can 1hit even 2000hp 500armor Warrior, so death for Rogues is normal, but one should minimize death rate and maximiZe his team value - dps/heal)
In my own experience, I know that being dead won't get anything done. If you're a dead "high-damage" rogue, that means mine is still more useful to the group I'm in or if I'm soloing an area because I'm still alive to dish out the high skill damage. I don't see how a rogue dies in two hits unless you are trying the full dex or just aren't using better gear. Even then you aren't putting on a substantial amount of damage compared to when more health can be added. What enemies are you trying to fight that makes you die in two hits? Stahl? Elite Mother? (Easy boss IMO)

j3peaz
11-21-2012, 07:13 AM
If sts decided warriors r op, id rather see a sllight damage boost, slight being key, to thee other classes. Nerfs r never fun. My mage is 15 and i die alot. If i rage into a mob i have a good chance of dieing. However if i geet a curse and fireball spell off and able to retreat back behind a warrior, he can finish them ooff really quick. Theere is a balance, its just not in thee numbers

CosmoxKramer
11-21-2012, 07:33 AM
I really think you all are missing that the damage stat is a number that doesn't necessarily reflect the amount of damage you're dealing out. Warriors will have higher base damage (which they should, IMO), and that's what is reflected in the stats, but the other classes deal much more damage overall. If there was a DPS stat in AL I think you'd see that. I have a toon for each of the three classes, and the rogue and mage clean house much faster than the warrior in my experience. They're like a hot knife through butter. Are they more squishy than warriors? Absolutely. A warrior can sit there in the middle of a large group of enemies and chop away, but there's no way they're killing enemies as fast as a rogue or mage can. If that's the case, you're doing it wrong. That's all I can say.

If anything, I would say that rogues are underpowered in certain areas. More specifically, I'm not sure if the rogue's purpose in the game has been fully thought out. Even more than that, however, I think the bigger overall problem is that there are no revives in this game. In the other games, there is a trade-off to playing a squishier class because you can be revived if you die. Not the the case in AL, so dying is a much bigger deal. The result of this is that, inevitably, the warrior class is seen as superior because they die less, even though they're supposed to be that way.
I agree here, when u factor in skill usage rogues and mages kill a lot faster than warriors. I never almost die when I solo on my Mage or rogue, and in groups I don't play the same way as solo. Learn to let your tank go first or get to know the damage you can take and can't and just avoid it where needed by letting the tank tank. Plus if STS nerds the warrior damage too much, then a rogue or Mage may start peeling aggro off in groups easier.

The biggest imbalance is skill cost and regen rates. At lvl 16 a warrior avg spell cost is 35.4, a rogue's is 55.1 and a Mage is 91. Vengeful Blood could recover nearly 100% of a warrior mana pool depending how they are specced. But a Mage can recover only 9.5% + 50 mana over 10s and the doesn't include the mana cost of 91 mana to cast at lvl 16. If u have 1820 mana that is 5% spell cost, so overall they likely don't even recover 6% total mana. Rogues are kind of just screwed in the department unless you get in a group with 2 mana recovering mages or buy stock in mana futures. Even without these skills the best pet regen is 8 m/s which is 22.6% of a warrior spell cost, 14.5% of a rogue and only 8.8% of a Mage's avg skill cost at 16

DontNerfMeBro
11-21-2012, 10:46 AM

this.

I feel like this fundamentally breaks the game. rogues are bent over the worst because of this. Low health and pitiful mana pool. awful design flaw.

dmspker
11-21-2012, 10:49 AM
Iam 16 rogue with 502 armor.. If had best items would be 590+ so i don't really care if warriors op or not..in pvp they would be drifted so bad

Astrocat
11-21-2012, 10:51 AM
*opens the popcorns* starts watching the thread *eats..*

Am I to smart for you
11-21-2012, 11:12 AM
I'll end this altercation in three words, "DO NOT NERF!"

My opinions are facts, my words are wisdom, and I over exceed in math. I calculate that the classes are choate as they are now. No need to change things. :)

Sledge
11-21-2012, 11:21 AM
I think if they made dexterity the primary stat for defense it would help to solve the problem. Not to mention leveling up would feel a lot less static.

Piosidon
11-22-2012, 03:16 AM

Did you even read what was before that? I stated that warriors need damage to tank and if you disagree with that, you go make a warrior and try.
Read entire posts next time, it's good to practice your reading skills often.