PDA

View Full Version : Mage-Solo

drod
11-21-2012, 09:27 AM
Hello
I tired with my rogue so i want have new character mage . Can you help me with build for solo playing ?

krakuus
11-21-2012, 09:46 AM
I'd say fire + gale + light and heal. Stat points divided between Int and Str 4/5 ,but be prepared to run out of mana very often...

cjswogkstkdg
11-21-2012, 10:27 AM
Arcane shield
Time shift
fireball
gale

All of these does area damage + OP damage

Time shift stops monsters and also does DoT and explosion damage

CosmoxKramer
11-21-2012, 10:45 AM
Here is what i run

Fireball + Engulf + Impact
Gale Forece + Outward Squall + Protective Current + Speed of Wind + Weighted Wind
Time Shift + Countdown of Pain + Freeze Time
Lifegiver + Empower + Recharge Mana

As you read, i use GF at the front of a pack (knock them back into the rest of the pack) run through and drop the TS, and run out, and FB, then GF, FB, LG if needed in between.

for leveling i would go with
2 fireball
3 gale force
4 outward squall - turn it into an aoe
5 protective current - 75% dodge is great for running through packs and not dying
6 time shift
7 impact - better knockdown/stun
8 weighted wind - longer knockdown is great to avoid damage
9 lifegiver
etc.

You need lots of pots or a good mana regen pet as a mage (flap jack)

DontNerfMeBro
11-21-2012, 10:49 AM
Arcane shield
Time shift
fireball
gale

All of these does area damage + OP damage

Time shift stops monsters and also does DoT and explosion damage

this

Superduper
11-21-2012, 10:50 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?75444-Just-a-little-Sorcerer-guide

mike1298
11-21-2012, 10:51 AM
Time shift, fireball, lightning, heal.

Ukreazacor
11-21-2012, 10:52 AM
Ew.... All of builds up above

dmspker
11-21-2012, 10:55 AM
If somebody care what i say... Best imo is gale fire shield curse..3 fire max wind 3 curse rest in shield

krakuus
11-21-2012, 12:35 PM
With full aoe skills you will sux against bosses thats why I prefere Light over Timeshift

Ukreazacor
11-21-2012, 01:17 PM
Still ew...

Deathpunch
11-21-2012, 03:50 PM
5 in Fireball
3 in Gale Force all except the movement and Dodge skills
2 in Frost Bolt - Jagged Ice
4 in Heal - all except the range increase

I prefer frost over light because it stuns more often, and has a small AoE effect that slows. Light would be the way to go if you're looking for pure damage, but I feel my fireball and gale are enough.

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment

Mitchturbo
11-21-2012, 04:03 PM
It's all about Ah ah ah ah Staying Alive!!!

Arcane shield and heal is useful for tanking solo.

Khahl
11-21-2012, 04:05 PM
Go to the Sorcerer forums! There are many posts about all kinds of builds from soloing to bossing, hybrids, and modifications.

Pulkeren
11-21-2012, 07:56 PM
this is what i build to do solo.. max shield, 3 level for heal for 10s health and mana recover, timeshift 1 , 3 level for fire.. plus a green dragon pet its ability is to reduce the enemys armor and it has 4 or 5s mana recovery .. no potion needed .. go and enjoy urself ^_^

iRusher
11-30-2012, 05:13 AM
It's all about Ah ah ah ah Staying Alive!!!

Arcane shield and heal is useful for tanking solo.

Ah ah ah ah stayin alive stayin alive!

Beges or however you spell it:3

majes
11-30-2012, 05:44 AM
Thanka guyz

Lightningspeed
11-30-2012, 05:46 AM
To solo normal maps, you can just run 4 offensive skills like fire, gale, light and time shift. If you intend to save up on some potions, take out time shift for heal.

Ambient
11-30-2012, 10:50 AM
If you're going solo, I'd be more focused on surviving than dropping nukes all over.

What about..

Arcane Sheild - Upgrade everything but knockback. (4)

Lifegiver - Upgrade everything but range increase. (4)

Curse - Words of Weakening and Lingering Curse. (3)

Gale Force -Everything but either Speed of Wind or weight of wind. Your choice. Keeping them down longer prevents damage to you, and running around at lightspeed prevents damage to you. (4)

Then Flap Jack for HP and mana regen, or if you want to make a speed tank, and you picked Speed of Wind as your 4th upgrade of Gale, you could go for Shiloh (I think that's his name) the pet from Hauntlet, which reduces incoming damage by.. what.. 12%(?) and increases your speed by 12%!

I actually was thinking of trying this build with an alt of mine, but considering that I'm relatively new, I kinda wanna focus on making my main at least moderately decent first!

DontNerfMeBro
11-30-2012, 03:16 PM
As much as I love gale force I don't feel like it really has the best utility.

Gale force's use comes from its ability to buy you time. Since there are better abilities that provide this effect to a greater degree, it simply scatters enemies often time making them harder to consolidate.

It's also unfortunate that the skill REQUIRES 2 skill points to be worth anything at all. IOW: If the AOE perk is not invested, the skill is worthless. This isn't the only example of this in the game and it feels like an unfortunate, and poor design flaw.

Jed
11-30-2012, 07:45 PM
I use Shield, Heal, Gale and Fireball. Shield before entering a big mob, fireball them to knock them down at first then gale them when they start to get up. Then take care of the debris.
Heal whenever I get low.
I have around 1/2 str/int (not counting items, which I tend to prefer str over int) and it works quite well for me, especially when paired with Flap Jack. I have trouble with bosses, but for the most part I can solo.
Edit: Actually, I tried solo-ing a few bosses yesterday and I can fairly easily solo any boss except Bael. I'm level 16.
Edit2: I had never tried solo-ing Bael at level 16, but I just did and beat him without too much trouble. The assassins gave me the most trouble.