PDA

View Full Version : What's the Best Antivirus for an Android Tablet?

Bilaxman
11-21-2012, 09:48 AM
As some of you are aware, I recently purchased a Nexus 7. I've been looking at Norton, Mcafee, and Webroot. In your opinion, what is the best antivirus?

Thanks! :frog:

Deatharcherr
11-21-2012, 09:49 AM
Avast

Zaonabiuibil
11-21-2012, 09:50 AM
I really like Norton personally.

Growwle
11-21-2012, 10:08 AM
Best anti-virus is to not install apps from unknown sources and not to open email attachments from addresses you do not recognize. Also, keep bluetooth off unless you really need it.

BodMaster
11-21-2012, 10:26 AM
Avast, on anything and everything ;)

Though tbf, you're not likely to get anything like a Trojan on a device. Only thing you may need is to worry abt is key loggers. (Personally never heard of any issues like this either)

Bilaxman
11-21-2012, 12:01 PM
Avast, on anything and everything ;)

Though tbf, you're not likely to get anything like a Trojan on a device. Only thing you may need is to worry abt is key loggers. (Personally never heard of any issues like this either)

I'm currently on a trial for Mcafee and it stopped some app downloads due to some "threats". Have you had problems with Avast? I've actually never heard of them.

Noodleleg
11-21-2012, 12:23 PM
You shouldn't worry about Anti-Virus softwares nowadays. Your tablet or computer should recognize if something from an unknown source is trying to access it. Personally, Apple seems to be very secure. I tried to download Gimp and it asked me if anything was up etc. I'm not sure about Android, but just make sure never to click on a website you don't know.

Bilaxman
11-21-2012, 01:00 PM
You shouldn't worry about Anti-Virus softwares nowadays. Your tablet or computer should recognize if something from an unknown source is trying to access it. Personally, Apple seems to be very secure. I tried to download Gimp and it asked me if anything was up etc. I'm not sure about Android, but just make sure never to click on a website you don't know.

My only concern is that when I did some of the free platinum offers in AL, Mcafee stopped the download because of threats. The scary part is that when I went to google play to download them, google noted them as a top developer...

Noodleleg
11-21-2012, 01:47 PM
My only concern is that when I did some of the free platinum offers in AL, Mcafee stopped the download because of threats. The scary part is that when I went to google play to download them, google noted them as a top developer...

That just means it's being extra-cautious :)! Good sign, in my opinion. If you looked it up and it's one of those new developers, I'd get your tablet checked! Otherwise, I think you're fine.

ArtofWar
11-21-2012, 02:15 PM
Norton is a good one.

Chickenrunnn
11-21-2012, 03:07 PM
Yeah =) Norton is one of the best ones :)

Yuni99
11-22-2012, 12:52 AM
Android isn't too secure, but it's a linux system, it's a harder software to hack into anyways. But spywares has been entering android phones and tablets and stealing information and personal information... Avast! is a trusted anti virus and keeps your emails and phone safe.

Gragorak
11-23-2012, 09:55 AM
Don't get any anti-virus programs to your tablet, at least if you download apps only from Google play. Anti-virus just slows down perfomance of your device.

PS. Nexus 7 rocks!

Gautam Cool
01-27-2013, 01:53 PM
I have used many but norton seemed good to me.. or if you want to choose some other read best antivirus for android (http://zapworld.in/top-5-free-best-antivirus-for-android/)

Arcanee
03-04-2013, 07:16 AM
I dont think tablets get virus !

Zeus
03-04-2013, 02:41 PM
This is why you get Apple. :D

Arcanee
03-04-2013, 04:32 PM
Nawww (: Get Android lol

OvigorothO
03-05-2013, 06:47 AM
I also have a nexus 7 (quite a remarkable device :D) and im using mcafee. Although its somewhat useless...mobile platforms arent as likely to be infected with viruses as a PC.