PDA

View Full Version : What was... Sewers like... Back in the day?

Noodleleg
11-21-2012, 10:21 AM
Hay is what horses eat! And high is to describe something's elevation? How'd they become greetings? Kay, sorry for wasting 5 seconds of your life :D! I'm wondering... So, Noobleleg was an incredible noob. He joined around mid-way to Nuri's expansion. I didn't (legitimately... yes, rushed by people -_-) play until MF times. Well, unless carrying a melodic with mimicry armor or fortified set sounds good to you -_-... So, yeah... I never really had the chance to play Sewers end game! Can somebody please tell me what it was like :)? Maybe... What classes were dominant, how many setups did people have, if it was luck or skill oriented, hax dodges occurring a lot, etc. Please enlighten me, good sirs and dames!

Many thanks,
Noobleleg (yes :D)

Enigeax
11-21-2012, 12:01 PM
Custom birds op. They killed everything. After that birds would go to the bottom

Noodleleg
11-21-2012, 12:20 PM
Custom birds op. They killed everything. After that birds would go to the bottom

O_o... Birds good in Sewers... Whoa :O! Pre-GCD?

xbabybugszx
11-21-2012, 12:35 PM
Custom bear<3. Dex bears with custom recurve set did very good & still do today. They are very fun & nuke easy thanks to crit. Those were the good days :)

cookiez
11-21-2012, 01:45 PM
So, Noobleleg was an incredible noob. He joined around mid-way to Nuri's expansion

Woa, I've played longer than you?O.o

Noodleleg
11-21-2012, 01:51 PM

Haha maybe. I made this account on 8-8-2011!

Mothwing
11-21-2012, 01:53 PM
Sewers was da bomb...

Custom Ench Set FTW!

I met Weagle, Eni, and Whirlz during Sewers. <3

Chickenrunnn
11-21-2012, 02:37 PM
Recipe custom bow were selling 1.111.111 gold,
items were hardly dropping,
GCD (global cooldown) wasn't there yet, so PvP fights were during 1 second,
There was no vanity bonus, so only VERY skilled players were pros,
My 500 runs in gold fever didn't give me my mega mage robe
The queen and the kind in bandit was hard to kill, and it was bugged, we could take them 1 by 1 :D,
It is the first cap where we could be crafting items, was really exciting,
it lasted around 5-6-7 months if I remember well :o

To put it in a nutshell, sewers were good, but smelly xD

XghostzX
11-21-2012, 02:48 PM
The sewers was great, I was a Pally. This was the campaign when I was "cosmicxghost" and was beginning to be known :) All of the good oldies from this time.

Bless
11-21-2012, 03:03 PM
I was a noob L18 sumthin :D I didnt know what lvl cap was bahahahahahahahaaa

Deadbite
11-21-2012, 03:08 PM
I was a 53 bagman bird and there was no gcd :) life was good!!

angeldawn
11-21-2012, 03:18 PM
Sewers was great and it seemed like everyone wanted to be 1/2 dex.

I was such a noob!!!! Took forever to farm my set!! I think I had already hit 56 before I had it complete. I never did go for enchanted back then cuz of the lack of mana regen. It was such a bummer when I crafted my wand and it broke my set bonus and I had to farm another wand >.<

This is also where I first met some awesome bears and realized how much better the game is when playing with good players (instead of just friends) I still love to go to the sewers and do some epic pulls!!!

Chickenrunnn
11-21-2012, 03:31 PM
&

this is also where i first met some awesome bears and realized how much better the game is when playing with good players (instead of just friends) i still love to go to the sewers and do some epic pulls!!!

<3 :D Nice to see you on forums :)

angeldawn
11-21-2012, 03:53 PM
&

<3 :D Nice to see you on forums :)

I've been here silly..u just didn't have your eyes open ;p

(I usually don't post much..just read)

cookiez
11-21-2012, 04:43 PM

Haha maybe. I made this account on 8-8-2012!

Mines june 7th, 2011 Wow Lol I feel like a noob:)

Gaunab
11-21-2012, 04:45 PM
I had just started really getting into PvP.
Prior to gcd as a Dexbird (without a multi-touch device) you needed really fast fingers, effective combos and to know your range. I learned most from looking at the playstyle of others. Skimmey, Thelonearcher, Xrax, Hmmhmm as well as Kanital and Dolloway were birds that could dominate whole games.
PvP was fast paced. It is not true that 1vs1s didn't exist, in fact, while a game was filling up most people would do some "go" battles. But in most cases FFA would be announced AND PLAYED by everyone as soon as it was full. And I'm a hundred percent sure that is the fastest and only way to really get great at PvP.
On some devices it was possible to "multi-touch", so you could hit a whole row of skills in a split second. That was especially useful for Dexbirds and also bears could combo pretty fast if that beckon would hit (the smashed combo didn't exist btw), however it was frowned upon by many.

Then the global cooldown arrived. In the beginning it seemed to last for about ten seconds (I think it was 1 and got reduced to 1/2 or something... not sure). Many oldies ragequit over this. Some names to remember are Fabiokmd, Tssrosalka, Skimmey, Thoughie...and a bunch of other pros. More oldies went inactive and Lone was banned. More spotlight fell on players like Kelly, Kanital, Dolloway, Imperialelf, Amyxrose, Alwaysdtf and others.
It took the PvP community a while to adapt to the change but after all gcd made PvP more balanced IMO, only bears were kind of left out.

One of the greatest things about Sewer PvP was the gear. Wandmages, Staffmages, Strbears, Dexchantresses, Warbirds, Pallies, Dexbears and Dexbirds were all viable builds which had strenghts and weaknesses. Except for Royal/Fury-Bears there was no class with more then 42 dodge (buffed) and I would say that a lot more skill, strategy and class knowledge was required to win a battle. Also non-pink sets stood a decent chance such as the infamous Drainers gear.(however, most other sets had very low regen even if the other stats were good).
Also, until very late Sewers there were higher stat requirements on gear, however it was not base stat. So most people would use booster sets to get their stats up. For example as a warbird I had as much str as I needed to a) put on some lvl19 str pinks adding 7 str each b) put on lvl50 str gear adding 12 str c) put on the fortified set with the minimal str required. Dual builds (using gear of two different types) did therefor not exist.
On a side note: RIP that guy who statted the endgame gear until Sewer/Nuris. we truely miss you...

Fun times. :)

Oh, and I also really miss my double blast! :(

Mage till the end
11-21-2012, 11:32 PM
Good times indeed.

I found the enchanted staff Mage to be quite fun. Nuking and all. Of course you would be squisher than a mango but hey. I have to say the op people were the custom archers and the fury Pallys.

Jblazer
11-21-2012, 11:43 PM
Hay is what horses eat! And high is to describe something's elevation? How'd they become greetings? Kay, sorry for wasting 5 seconds of your life :D! I'm wondering... So, Noobleleg was an incredible noob. He joined around mid-way to Nuri's expansion. I didn't (legitimately... yes, rushed by people -_-) play until MF times. Well, unless carrying a melodic with mimicry armor or fortified set sounds good to you -_-... So, yeah... I never really had the chance to play Sewers end game! Can somebody please tell me what it was like :)? Maybe... What classes were dominant, how many setups did people have, if it was luck or skill oriented, hax dodges occurring a lot, etc. Please enlighten me, good sirs and dames!

Many thanks,
Noobleleg (yes :D)
Lol I met lots of people!Most people I knew were Supergotenks,Azadibal,Buffedbear,Witchfairy,Centau rious(what happened to him?)Madmikebro.Was a really fun campaign!Had my mega mage equipped >:).

dugantale
11-21-2012, 11:55 PM
Haha maybe. I made this account on 8-8-2012!

Wow.. I thought maybe you had played longer then me.. My account wad made in 2010-08-08.. Trippy exactly two years more then you ._.

winterblood
11-22-2012, 12:37 AM
lol, at that time, i was still lvling and trying to beat my friend who was always 1 lvl higher than me, nothing else in my mind except lvl after lvl
but i know that lvl 51 royal sewer bow bears will own all other 51s (mostly, but not 100%)

Deadbite
11-22-2012, 12:47 AM
Wow now I feel like an oldie, kinda...
January 2011 when i registered spent a week not registered though..

Jblazer
11-22-2012, 01:04 AM
Wow.. I thought maybe you had played longer then me.. My account wad made in 2010-08-08.. Trippy exactly two years more then you ._.

So weird...Some of my best friends that played back then like me,I didn't even know them lol.Didn't know Dugan,Moth,or others lol.I was in chickens guild for awhile :DU were probably offline lol.Then I found out my very good friend was GM of The Elite so i had to join.

KingFu
11-22-2012, 01:46 AM
I was a godly bear (still am). Birdy was godlier though (only one who could evar beat me, and ever will. Evar.)

Nick41324
11-22-2012, 02:19 AM
When elite truly meant elite..

Good times

Riccits
11-22-2012, 02:36 AM
The Sewers gear had a big stat boost compared to the lvl 50 gear. So u really felt to be much stronger once u got the new stuff. In the last caps ive never had this feeling anymore.
Also every trash loot like dainers, bodyguards etc. was very good in some stats and fully usable, i liked that system.
I also liked the system of daily quests to obtain the crafting materials.

Clearing maps was huge fun (yeah u may not belive it but it was so!), especially when u got the new gear. No need for elixes, play skill was enough to rush trough (also the opposite, no play skill ment wipes). And playing with some ppl was just awesome fun there. Also the boss encounters was made good. I liked Cockroach, u knocked him down with ur play skills. A good group made it, and not bcz of a elix or gear.

Bad sides of Sewers: Elixes and GCD was introduced -_-

I started the big 51 farm, some friends and me got rich over night and we pratically had no competitors. Scaled farming wasnt very known yet at that time.

Piosidon
11-22-2012, 02:38 AM
Sewers were awesome. I was mainly a lvl 51 with bagman bow and bellows arm/helm. That set was and still is boss.

Bunnyshoota
11-22-2012, 10:40 AM
I was a nub 53 during sewers. I remember some pro behr's capping. And me owning with my purple gear :)

Slcinuup
11-22-2012, 10:52 AM
Got to 55 and cried seeing the XP to 56 (didn't know there was a Max level) and I had drainerz of course

Chickenrunnn
11-22-2012, 12:20 PM
I was in chickens guild for awhile :DU were probably offline lol.Then I found out my very good friend was GM of The Elite so i had to join.

Aw =(

Knockador
11-22-2012, 08:28 PM
lol...I did some dumb ship back then...that's all I can recall xD sts wasn't really in my "look forward to play" category. Sewers were fun and quick, loved listening to the bosses too. My real life friend used to play with me, then he got an Xbox...I miss my old account lol ohh where did it go xD

MightyMicah
11-22-2012, 09:14 PM
Sewers back in the day was best described as the most fun I've ever had on a video game. Ever.

Playing capture the flag with a bunch extremely talented people was so fun and such a challenge! It was amazing because we were all best friends and yet, when we killed each other, that didn't change! In fact, I made most of my friends by them killing me or me killing them several times!

We respected each other as gamers. We respected each other as people. We played the game as it was meant to be played. We all had fun. This just isn't something you find anymore...

Doodlebeast
11-22-2012, 09:19 PM
Balanced, fun, extreme, fun
Makes me wanna play moar :D

Enigeax
11-23-2012, 03:17 PM
They should make the cap at 56 again and let us just sell our 57-75 stuff XD

Noodleleg
11-23-2012, 06:48 PM

Oooops! Will edit!!! 1 year :)! 8-8-2011... tiny phone keyboards >_>

Yvonnel
11-23-2012, 07:00 PM
Apollo Taunting grates. Nuff Said.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Elyseon
11-23-2012, 07:31 PM
i wauz nub but i remember staff magez wer playable fer pvpz bak den

Noodleleg
11-23-2012, 07:33 PM
i wauz nub but i remember staff magez wer playable fer pvpz bak den

True, but you gotta admit glyph staves wreck against some builds ;)

MightyMicah
11-23-2012, 07:44 PM
The Sewers gear had a big stat boost compared to the lvl 50 gear. So u really felt to be much stronger once u got the new stuff. In the last caps ive never had this feeling anymore.
Also every trash loot like dainers, bodyguards etc. was very good in some stats and fully usable, i liked that system.
I also liked the system of daily quests to obtain the crafting materials.

Clearing maps was huge fun (yeah u may not belive it but it was so!), especially when u got the new gear. No need for elixes, play skill was enough to rush trough (also the opposite, no play skill ment wipes). And playing with some ppl was just awesome fun there. Also the boss encounters was made good. I liked Cockroach, u knocked him down with ur play skills. A good group made it, and not bcz of a elix or gear.

Bad sides of Sewers: Elixes and GCD was introduced -_-

I started the big 51 farm, some friends and me got rich over night and we pratically had no competitors. Scaled farming wasnt very known yet at that time.

Wow. I forgot that I used to like PvE.

Kaytar
11-23-2012, 07:51 PM
I remember the billion hour bear vs bear fights! I liked to use a custom Mage but I liked enchanted as well!

KingFu
11-23-2012, 07:56 PM
When elite truly meant elite..

EG me

Elyseon
11-23-2012, 08:31 PM
if u change around the letters in myst is says sewers

Zeus
11-23-2012, 08:33 PM
Apollo Taunting grates. Nuff Said.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

I would love it when I sent Rosettes/Rose/Chloe flying across the map. You know what her reply was? This: -.-

Pure comedy. :)

Elyseon
11-23-2012, 08:34 PM
I would love it when I sent Rosettes/Rose/Chloe flying across the map. You know what her reply was? This: -.-

you shud definately base a whole tv show off that
would beat 70% of todays tv

KingFu
11-23-2012, 09:17 PM
if u change around the letters in myst is says sewers

It also spells out godly

Zaonabiuibil
11-23-2012, 09:31 PM
I remember sewers. Was so pumped when I could wear Sewer King set, then I learned no set bonus, FML.

Petrichor
11-23-2012, 10:49 PM

-____________- it was not fun having to walk all those times

XghostzX
11-24-2012, 12:19 AM

Hey Chloe <3

Noodleleg
11-24-2012, 12:23 AM

Chloe, I just realized something. Big mouths (-________-) means big faces. Big faces means fat faces. Fat faces means fat person. Like meh ^_^! Omfg Chloe's fat >.>! And lmao Parth! I bet you didn't make her fly! You probably go try hard and pin 'dem mages by those walls (holy... did that sound wrong)... Was Chloe 18 back then? Holy... I digress a lot >.>!

KingFu
11-24-2012, 02:13 AM
Chloe, I just realized something. Big mouths (-________-) means big faces. Big faces means fat faces. Fat faces means fat person. Like meh ^_^! Omfg Chloe's fat >.>! And lmao Parth! I bet you didn't make her fly! You probably go try hard and pin 'dem mages by those walls (holy... did that sound wrong)... Was Chloe 18 back then? Holy... I digress a lot >.>!

Annnnnd this thread is dead.

Zeus
11-24-2012, 04:09 AM

We actually timed the taunts so multiple grates would blow her up at once and send her flying down the corridor and smash against the wall.

Noodleleg
11-24-2012, 09:52 AM
Annnnnd this thread is dead.

They should give me forum title: THREAD KILLAH.

Petrichor
11-24-2012, 10:20 AM
^^And they should give me one: parth's ping pong ball.

Noodleleg
11-24-2012, 11:02 AM

Meh... I'd beat Parth 1v1 on Ping Pong :)! My trustworthy balsa wood Butterfly racket with Sriver EL :D!!!

Edit: David really is a prophet.

Roberto077
11-24-2012, 11:17 AM

Wow, same here, joined mid-sewers patch but never got to endgame pvp

AbsolutePally
11-24-2012, 02:59 PM
Sewers :( didn't realize how good it was til it was gone.
Had 10m then... Not the most but cap gold then was a big deal.
Mages took skill, timing range speed combo. You died fast and birds were pretty dominant.
This is when we made Revelation, we had the best mages in the game then. Minus ghost and kel, tash/ani, cherrykim. See back then there were a lot more players. Lists of how were good were really long. Games for ctf and pvp never seemed to be in short supply or seemed to end. 5/5 ctf could be filled and filled over again. You killed your friends even guildmates for the sake of the game, no hard feelings. Games were evenly matched most the time, only people like imkelly then kellyita would stack teams for kdr purposes.
Pregcd was fun and fast paced but was very constricting to dif builds/classes. We ffa'd more then.
Maps were more difficult, without pots, since we didn't have em (just the 7k gold one) grates would instakill you, bears could insta kill you with taunt. If you died you'd lose your elixer which costs gold.
The first fury swords sold at 1m. The custom and fort sets sold 3-4.5m ish. Which was a lot then.
What I miss about sewers the most was the pvp/ctf. Being surrounded by talented real true skilled players, always a challenge. Breed ambition.

To list some of the greats of the era:
Amyxrose mage best team player/healer/rever
Awwmang mage great well rounded player
Azi top 5 bird after gcd
Slushie most underrated bird ever
Attackelf fast cunning strong mage
Jjjlove super hard to bring down defensive oriented mage
Jcolt a great bear
Dolloway as is lol
Gmosauce beast bird well rounded very adaptable
Rapsalot king of 1/1 mage vs mage fights
Hahahahabirdy hax since sewers
Apollo very well rounded in all classes smart player
Tashyang/aniethia they were scary twins lol
Hmmmhmmm top bird
Kanital hmmhmms sidekick
Ghost best pally
Cherrykim my first pally idol/mentor
Xazic warbird lol
faria, ashxrose, elyidol, guanab.

Ofc you have your legends: skimey, tla, tssoulka, toughie, imperialelf, xrax.

I feel very blessed to have played during the golden era of pvp with so many legends. To have made a name formyself amongst those giants in such a competitive time.

Noodleleg
11-24-2012, 03:06 PM
STS needs to make BS2... like AO1, AO2, and AO3... I've missed out enough -_-

Reunegade
11-25-2012, 02:22 PM
Sewers were awesome :)
I remember when my level 37 noob bird joined his first pvp match and then got teamed by a bunch of pros :3 Then I wanted to learn how to pvp. So i got to 55 and got some gear. The good thing in sewers is the sets are the best, but only by the slimmest bit. All of the other sewer gear were awesome also. So i picked up some bagman's gear because they were cheap at the time, and then I hopped in pvp. I was kind of well...bad, but I soon got better. Then the Nuri's cap came. I missed the sewer cap, so I decided to do the cap for Nuri's. At that time I started to lose interest of the game, because when I was lvl 60, I was grinding with no lixers. I got sort of bored, so I decided I didn't want to do the cap. I'll stop here since we are talkin about sewers :3

XghostzX
11-25-2012, 03:00 PM
Mages took skill, timing range speed combo. You died fast and birds were pretty dominant.
This is when we made Revelation, we had the best mages in the game then. Minus ghost and kel, tash/ani, cherrykim. See back then there were a lot more players. Lists of how were good were really long. Games for ctf and pvp never seemed to be in short supply or seemed to end. 5/5 ctf could be filled and filled over again. You killed your friends even guildmates for the sake of the game, no hard feelings. Games were evenly matched most the time, only people like imkelly then kellyita would stack teams for kdr purposes.
Pregcd was fun and fast paced but was very constricting to dif builds/classes. We ffa'd more then.
Maps were more difficult, without pots, since we didn't have em (just the 7k gold one) grates would instakill you, bears could insta kill you with taunt. If you died you'd lose your elixer which costs gold.
The first fury swords sold at 1m. The custom and fort sets sold 3-4.5m ish. Which was a lot then.
What I miss about sewers the most was the pvp/ctf. Being surrounded by talented real true skilled players, always a challenge. Breed ambition.

Azi top 5 bird after gcd
Jcolt a great bear
Dolloway as is lol
Hmmmhmmm top bird
Kanital hmmhmms sidekick
Ghost best pally
Xazic warbird lol

I feel very blessed to have played during the golden era of pvp with so many legends. To have made a name formyself amongst those giants in such a competitive time.

Dude, I look at all of these names, and the game and people have changed so much. Now that I realized everyone is gone, I feel like all of the competition between guilds is gone (which it really is).

Truly was a competitive time, and the best of times. I actually looked forward to getting on PvP for the fun of it; now I get on PvP to help my friends when they're being teamed and calling them "noobs" -.-

Enigeax
11-25-2012, 03:56 PM
The guild im in and rated m are rivals. And we have 3v3 long fights every time we r pvping. Maybe unity should put a guild on their radar and just kill them (not individuals) the guild itself

AbsolutePally
11-25-2012, 04:23 PM
Dude, I look at all of these names, and the game and people have changed so much. Now that I realized everyone is gone, I feel like all of the competition between guilds is gone (which it really is).

Truly was a competitive time, and the best of times. I actually looked forward to getting on PvP for the fun of it; now I get on PvP to help my friends when they're being teamed and calling them "noobs" -.-

Indeed sir, my thoughts and feelings exactly. Remember when someone quit the game before? There would be huge mobs of friends saying bye begging them to reconsider, and talking about memories. Now look.... If you quit today how many people would be there in comparison. :( we have lost too many crucial players. But I'll always remember :)

angeldawn
11-26-2012, 10:55 AM
Indeed sir, my thoughts and feelings exactly. Remember when someone quit the game before? There would be huge mobs of friends saying bye begging them to reconsider, and talking about memories. Now look.... If you quit today how many people would be there in comparison. :( we have lost too many crucial players. But I'll always remember :)

You guys are making me so sad 😪

I hate that the game that I loved has changed so much for the worse or maybe it's was meant to be this way and we just caught that one special brief moment.

Superduper
11-26-2012, 12:30 PM
Mage with Fury Fighter set=unstoppable

MightyMicah
11-26-2012, 01:44 PM

Azi top 5 bird after gcd
Jcolt a great bear
Dolloway as is lol
Hmmmhmmm top bird
Kanital hmmhmms sidekick
Ghost best pally
Xazic warbird lol

Wow! Major nostalgia attack. I wish there was some way to recreate this amazing experience! I remember that I joined the "second generation of pro's" as some people would say. I knew about all the people you mentioned and I remember getting my tail kicked by each and every one of them! Yet it was awesome. I can remember talking to all of those people and they'd be saying how certain people were the best pvper ever. I remember thinking, "Hopefully I'll be as good as *fill in the blank* one day!"

Pvp just isn't the same anymore.

winterblood
11-26-2012, 11:48 PM
Mage with Fury Fighter set=unstoppable
i think it depends, if player same skilled, one with fury one with mega mage, mega would have a higher chance to win, what do u think?

MightyMicah
11-27-2012, 09:54 AM
i think it depends, if player same skilled, one with fury one with mega mage, mega would have a higher chance to win, what do u think?

I agree, Winter. Fury mages aren't half bad...against pure dex birds. Most other classes (from what I've experienced and seen) tear the fury mages apart.

Gaunab
11-27-2012, 10:32 AM
I agree, Winter. Fury mages aren't half bad...against pure dex birds. Most other classes (from what I've experienced and seen) tear the fury mages apart.

Purpose of a fury mage is solely tanking and support. Good ones are really hard to get down but Dexbirds and Staffmages are their mortal enemies. At least thats how it used to be.

Zeus
11-27-2012, 04:20 PM

LOL! You made me laugh in the library, when I was supposed to be studying. -.-

Noodleleg
11-27-2012, 05:25 PM
LOL! You made me laugh in the library, when I was supposed to be studying. -.-

You got problems, bro. Did the librarian spank you with a ruler ^_^?

Elyseon
11-27-2012, 06:11 PM
Actually most any fight str vs str would end in a endless fight(using str set i mean not sum nub bow/dodge build)

MightyMicah
11-29-2012, 10:14 AM
Actually most any fight str vs str would end in a endless fight(using str set i mean not sum nub bow/dodge build)

Elyseon logic at its best ;)

Elyseon
11-29-2012, 04:29 PM

Elyseon logic at its best ;)
:D
Thx for caring