PDA

View Full Version : Noob questions (Is there a manual that explains these?)

Nogo
11-21-2012, 12:57 PM
So I don't know how to find the answers to these:

1) What is the advantage to a group? I join each zone always ungrouped and few times if ever does anyone care to group...and so far I've not seen any advantage when I do join one.

2) I've seen the posts asking for solo builds...but how does one actually go into a zone solo? Per #1, I've never entered a zone without someone. Is there a way to force this so I can always be solo in a zone to grind/level-up?

3) How do loot drops work? I'll see an item fall and then does the first one to get to it get it? The drops are not just for my screen because I've seen others walk to items I can see and then it says they get it...so basically it seems there is more incentive to roam around the kills to get loot first, which is bad for ranged mages as im usually further away from the kill spot. Or am I missing something on how loot distribution works and is this an advantage to being grouped?

4) How do I leave a group? I can see option for joining but once joined, I don't see how to leave or remove someone.

Superduper
11-21-2012, 01:01 PM
1. It allows you to do what are known as "runs". It's mainly for farming.

2. Not yet. It should be implemented pretty soon, but you never know with STS.

3. If you see a drop, it's yours and yours alone. It doesn't pop up on anyone's screen but yours.

4. Go to the social panel, then to the party tab. At the top you can select leave party.

ProSophist
11-21-2012, 01:11 PM
1. The general consensus is that you get extra exp gain when in a full group. I am NOT 100% on this since I have yet to talk to a Dev and confirm this, but a lot of people, including myself, believe there actually is an exp boost.

2. Yes there is. Create a group with a person, maybe a friend. If you are in a group, nobody else can enter that map other than the people in your group. At the same time, when you enter a dungeon map, it'll be an empty one. So if you want to solo, grab a friend who is not doing the same map, and be on your way.

Nogo
11-21-2012, 01:22 PM
@ SuperDuper - thanks for the info

@ ProSophist - interesting idea for getting zones alone until they implement that option (if they are) - so basically you can create a second account, create a level 1 toon, log in via Chrome, invite them, and then just keep that party and enter zones to grind.

Thanks

Fyrce
11-21-2012, 01:53 PM
Definitely joining is great in a party. The partying system in AL is pretty cool. You can go get pots, blah blah, or check stuff and return to your party. Or follow your party from map to map. Very nice. And I think if you're partied, the game seems to reserve your dungeon for your party, which is also nice.

And leaving is very simple.

Gotta say it's very nice.