PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Weekend Blowout - 40% off Platinum Sale, Double XP, and MORE!!

Techno Email
11-21-2012, 06:00 PM
20453 (http://www.pocketlegends.com)

We going REALLY big this year!! :excitement: Here's the full run-down of the 2012 Thanksgiving weekend event, folks!

Platinum is on SALE

40% off Plat, all weekend long!!!

Free 2x XP!!

2x XP will multiply all XP gained from elixir purchases!
Best case XP multiplier scenario: 2x(2+3+4)=18
7-day 2x XP Elixir, plus 3x XP Daily Blessing, plus 4x XP Thrasher Elixir, times two from Double XP weekend, equals an 18x XP multiplier!!!!!

2012 Turkey pet on sale

Limited Edition, and available this weekend only.

Dragon Vanity armor changes, Black Dragon vanity conversion, and new achievements

Dragon vanity drops can now be crafted into no-trade, no-stash versions that grant an achievement and a ring with even better stat's.
Dragon loot items still drop in-game and can still be traded, but will not grant itemset stats.
When you’re ready, craft your dragon armor and helms to bind them to your character, and earn yourself a ring with even better stat’s!
Stat'd Black Dragon gear can now be crafted into no-trade, no-stash Black Dragon vanity items for a top secret achievement and a ring with awesome stat's.
The existing Black Dragon helms and armor retain their stat’s until you choose to craft them into vanities.

There is one crafted Black Dragon vanity helm and one crafted Black Dragon vanity armor to rule them all.
Since there is no need for stat’s on the vanities, there is no need for 6 different items.

Check out the Dragon party in Blacksmoke Mountain towne to forge your new Dragon vanity items and get your awesome new rings!
All of the new Dragon rings can be crafted with the Ring of Valiant Glory to forge an even mightier ring.

I bet you have lot's of questions, such as:
Why can’t I craft my ring with the Ring of Valiance?

You can only earn one Dragon ring per dragon set (per character), EVAR!
If you craft a Dragon ring with the Ring of Valiance, it will permanently bind those stat’s to the lower tier elite ring.

What about the Dragon pets?

Dragon vanity pets are still dragon vanity pets, and are required for the itemset achievements.
Mitas is magical and amazing and can take the place of any color dragon pet to count towards any color of Dragon itemset achievement.

Are we going to get Dragon vanities for the other colors of Dragon pets (Veruca, Archie, etc.)

Not anytime soon, unfortunately. The setup for this vanity conversion was a hefty effort and we currently have a lot of other really exciting things in the works. :)

More powerful legendary crafted Blacksmoke Mountain itemset bonuses

Blacksmoke Mountain legendary crafted itemset bonuses have been beefed up - BIG TIME!!
We added 15 stat points to each crafted itemset bonus.
We also rebalanced the Blacksmoke Mountain legendary crafted itemset bonuses to invest more stat's in pure defensive and damage stats.
There are now significant differences between the defensive and offensive sets!
.....Remember, one-handed weapons plus an offhand will count towards a defensive itemset bonus, while two-handed weapons count towards a damage itemset bonus. :)

Can somebody say, "THANKSGIVING"?!?!?!11!!1!!!1!!1! Now eat your heart out! :banana:

dudetus
11-21-2012, 06:05 PM
first.

D-:
First

synco123
Thanksgiving :-D

gibol1412
11-21-2012, 06:06 PM
Wow. Again BIG changes.
THANKSGIVING"?!?!?!11!!1!!!1!!1! Now eat your heart out!

Nihiliste
11-21-2012, 06:06 PM
Actually I was first but I didn't choose to reply.

D-:
11-21-2012, 06:07 PM
Dammit...

dudetus
11-21-2012, 06:07 PM
First

sry u got ninjad by ninja :)

Lowlyspy
11-21-2012, 06:08 PM
Woot, ask and you shall receive. Plat sale ftw.

Jcyee
11-21-2012, 06:14 PM
Hmm... Not sure if im happy or sad about dragon crafting. Was hoping for another ring slot lol

But yay for double xp! :)

13pvp
11-21-2012, 06:14 PM
Yay turkey pet

Aqp (A Quarter Pounder)
11-21-2012, 06:15 PM
I can't log in.. It says server is down. Is this the reason why?

Samhayne
11-21-2012, 06:16 PM
I can't log in.. It says server is down. Is this the reason why?

The patch is still going out. It should be back up in a few minutes. Thanks for your patience.

Pf flyer
11-21-2012, 06:17 PM
Will new ring have a new sparkle effect?

thecrankybearsam
11-21-2012, 06:20 PM
Thanks giving in canada was months ago but yayyyy :P

gibol1412
11-21-2012, 06:21 PM
Black dragon ring and those from Mount Fang can be crafted with elite ring in one ring?

Elyseon
11-21-2012, 06:23 PM
K does this rebalance mean scythes dmg reduced?

Either way :DDDDDDDDD

Techno Email
11-21-2012, 06:25 PM
Thanks giving in canada was months ago but yayyyy :P

Hopefully this will keep you warm, anyhow. ;)

Aqp (A Quarter Pounder)
11-21-2012, 06:26 PM
I'm confused, is this thanksgiving stuff coming out right now? or later?

Noodleleg
11-21-2012, 06:34 PM
When we craft our dragon pieces and turn them into vanity (light blue pieces), is the light blue version stashable? I know if you wear the vanity versions, it'll grant you a ring as an achievement... But are the vanity versions now level-ess and stashable? I want a ring for my main, but would like dragon vanities on an alt... Thanks!

gibol1412
11-21-2012, 06:34 PM
I need still buy a red dragon to craft red ring for example?

Techno Email
11-21-2012, 06:43 PM
When we craft our dragon pieces and turn them into vanity (light blue pieces), is the light blue version stashable? I know if you wear the vanity versions, it'll grant you a ring as an achievement... But are the vanity versions now level-ess and stashable? I want a ring for my main, but would like dragon vanities on an alt... Thanks!

Crafting the dragon items also binds them to your character so you can't just put them on, get the ring, and hand them off to your friends and alts (essentially making them worthless).

The versions that drop in the world are still stashable, so you can share them between your own characters. Folks who worked hard to grind for them, and enjoying doing so, can continue to do so since the dropped items are still tradeable and crafting sequence allows these items to retain their value.

Techno Email
11-21-2012, 06:47 PM
I need still buy a red dragon to craft red ring for example?

Yes, or you could farm for it. :)

gibol1412
11-21-2012, 06:59 PM
I need to buy dragon from store?
Please answer those important question.

But I want know about buying from store for platinum, hehe

Noodleleg
11-21-2012, 07:01 PM
Crafting the dragon items also binds them to your character so you can't just put them on, get the ring, and hand them off to your friends and alts (essentially making them worthless).

The versions that drop in the world are still stashable, so you can share them between your own characters. Folks who worked hard to grind for them, and enjoying doing so, can continue to do so since the dropped items are still tradeable and crafting sequence allows these items to retain their value.

I get your point, but I'd like it if I can transfer between my alts, not among friends. Like, craft into light blue, but stashable, not tradable. Like how founder's is stashable, but not tradable. :)? Sounds good ^_^?

ArtofWar
11-21-2012, 07:06 PM
nvm prices are ok now :)

vle_hoang
11-21-2012, 07:19 PM
No plat sale on iOS? Still the same prices. :-/

nvm, its show 40% off but still the same price

Nihiliste
11-21-2012, 07:20 PM
Look what you did to this poor rager.

Kixxler
11-21-2012, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the double xp, Apreeesshhhh

Zea
11-21-2012, 07:32 PM
Techno, thanks for the update! Appreciate your effort despite all the noise :)

Clarifying question:
For the standard black dragon ring, do the classes of the input black dragon pieces matter? i.e., can I convert a dex helm into vanity + a str armor into vanity + equip both with black dragon = standard black ring?

ArtofWar
11-21-2012, 07:38 PM
Tyvm!! :)

Techno Email
11-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Techno, thanks for the update! Appreciate your effort despite all the noise :)

Clarifying question:
For the standard black dragon ring, do the classes of the input black dragon pieces matter? i.e., can I convert a dex helm into vanity + a str armor into vanity + equip both with black dragon = standard black ring?

Yeah, they all yield the same vanity items, so class of the items you crafted the vanities from doesn't matter for the secret black dragon set achievement and ring reward.

Techno Email
11-21-2012, 07:43 PM
The crafting NPCs explain the concept of binding the items. Sorry, we don't allow stashing of these crafted items.

maneatingtree
11-21-2012, 07:44 PM
Can we please keep the sparkles?? Im kinda sad i lost the sparkles when i crafted green set

gibol1412
11-21-2012, 07:49 PM
The crafting NPCs explain the concept of binding the items. Sorry, we don't allow stashing of these crafted items.
This please:

I need to buy dragon from store?
Please answer those important question.

Zea
11-21-2012, 07:56 PM

Thanks for being so responsive. Is there a reason that the resultant vanities not be at least stashable? The achievement and crafting requires the pink mystery dragon versions... so the blue versions would be effectively useless anyway? Just want to understand the rationale.

Ebalata
11-21-2012, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the double xp weekend! Happy Thanksgiving :)

Just need to clarify:

Does this mean we no longer need the Blue, Red, Green, Gold Dragon pets to achieve the stat bonus for the new rings? I know a couple of players who invested in the Mitas dragon pack (tried lots of times to get the Gold Dragon pet) so that they could have the stat bonus for the Gold set. They might be disappointed to find out the gold dragon pet is no longer needed to achieve the bonus - that all they need are the gold dragon helm + gold dragon armor + ring of valiant glory.

And same goes with the other colored Dragon Vanities (Blue, Green, Red). This translates to the pets being useless? Please clarify.

The Flash
11-21-2012, 09:05 PM
There goes $100 :/ lol

Zea
11-21-2012, 09:16 PM
You need the pet to get the dragon ring first before you can craft with the ring of valiant glory. So pets are still necessary for the crafting process. Once you have the crafted ring however, pets are purely for vanity purposes (which I believe was their intended use to begin with).

Thanks for the double xp weekend! Happy Thanksgiving :)

Just need to clarify:

Does this mean we no longer need the Blue, Red, Green, Gold Dragon pets to achieve the stat bonus for the new rings? I know a couple of players who invested in the Mitas dragon pack (tried lots of times to get the Gold Dragon pet) so that they could have the stat bonus for the Gold set. They might be disappointed to find out the gold dragon pet is no longer needed to achieve the bonus - that all they need are the gold dragon helm + gold dragon armor + ring of valiant glory.

And same goes with the other colored Dragon Vanities (Blue, Green, Red). This translates to the pets being useless? Please clarify.

Energizeric
11-21-2012, 09:39 PM
Can someone please explain this binding thing. Does this mean you can craft 2 or more different colored dragon sets into rings and then each of these rings gets binded to the ring of valiant glory? And the bonus for each dragon ring stacks? I'm very confused

gibol1412
11-21-2012, 09:43 PM
Can someone please explain this binding thing. Does this mean you can craft 2 or more different colored dragon sets into rings and then each of these rings gets binded to the ring of valiant glory? And the bonus for each dragon ring stacks? I'm very confused
One you choose only for one character.

Enigeax
11-21-2012, 09:44 PM

Lol that would be awesome!

Heroelite
11-21-2012, 09:53 PM
What if we want to use the vanities on our twinks for black dragon. I think that the black drag vanities should be lvl 1 rather than 71. And make it so that the ring you get from the achievement is lvl 71 requirement. This way we can use the vanities on our twinks!

Cobraguy
11-21-2012, 10:12 PM
I also agree that the blue colored vanities should be stashable as well. My intentions were to craft the black set on my main and use the black ring on him, then craft my blue set on my alt and use blue ring for him, then just wear blue vanity on main and black vanity on alt.

I'm quite happy with everything else, it just doesn't make sense the crafted blue colored vanities can't be worn by any other toons.

maneatingtree
11-21-2012, 10:14 PM
I want sparkles with my green after i craft ;(

vle_hoang
11-21-2012, 10:50 PM
So if you dont have the elite ring, you lose the bonus from dragon vanity set?

Cobraguy
11-21-2012, 11:01 PM
So if you dont have the elite ring, you lose the bonus from dragon vanity set?

Yup

Demthres
11-21-2012, 11:50 PM
Thank you PL been waiting for platinum sale forever.

Parisli
11-22-2012, 10:55 AM
Turkiye ye yaptıgınız bu jest ten dolayi cok tesekkür ederiz ama bu guncelleme biz türkler olarak bizi pek tatmin etmedi.türkce dil desteginin gelmesinde halen israrciyiz.en kisa zamanda türkce dil destegi olan bir güncelleme gelmesini temenni ediyoruz.gün gecttikce türkiyedeki pocket legends oyuncu kitlesi büyüyor.türce dil desteginin gelmesi ile birlikte cok büyük bir patlama olacagini düsünüyorum.SAYGİLAR

Ubernewber
11-22-2012, 11:05 AM
First

Second*

Chickenrunnn
11-22-2012, 12:18 PM
Great job StS :) All this soudns awesome :)

Just a lil' question.. who is the bird on the picture?? O.O he looks a bit poor :/

20453 (http://www.pocketlegends.com)

MasterGT
11-22-2012, 01:07 PM
Sweet update thanks!

JaytB
11-22-2012, 02:43 PM
Loving the update and the creativity that has been put into it! :D

Montanabro
11-22-2012, 05:56 PM
Do we know at what time exactly this ends on Sunday night or Monday morning?

Cruis
11-23-2012, 02:37 AM
First

Fail!
Anyway, I blew out 40k Xp in 40 mins at the mega maze. Now I'm 76!

Traebeles99
11-23-2012, 02:46 AM

Techno may I suggest you go farm with a shamrock and all the luck u can get but u cant use dev magic to make dragon appear, and see how long it takes u to farm a dragon set lol drop rates are pretty bad but u gotta get luckyyyy. :)

Techno Email
11-26-2012, 08:12 PM
Techno may I suggest you go farm with a shamrock and all the luck u can get but u cant use dev magic to make dragon appear, and see how long it takes u to farm a dragon set lol drop rates are pretty bad but u gotta get luckyyyy. :)

Oh, I know! Have you ever seen me running around with dragons? I don't have any!! :emptiness: Gotta' keep some things rare, right? :love_heart:

Edwin Sim
11-26-2012, 10:16 PM

I crafted four rings on my main...... I want the vanity set on my alts.....

Techno Email
11-27-2012, 12:52 PM
I want sparkles with my green after i craft ;(

This is a bug. I have a fix and we will push it out next time we update.

Techno Email
11-27-2012, 01:12 PM
If you could wear the crafted vanity sets on your alts, then you could get multiple rings for your main and alt characters. If you want a set to belong to a particular character, you can stash or trade it before you craft it. If there is a way to exploit powerful items like the dragons, people will. We don't stash or trade these for the same reason we don't stash or trade the elite vanities or valiant rings. I put these restrictions in place to protect the value of your gear. I set the conversion up in such a way that you can continue to trade the dropped version, again to protect the value of your gear.

Players were never able to wear their elite vanities with dragon vanities to get both set bonuses. This is the last thing I will say with regards to complaints about not being able to craft dragon sets with Rings of Valiance. I set it up this way this to protect you from permanently binding your dragon bonus to the inferior valiant ring.

We no longer have vanity items that grant extravagant stat bonuses, and this is how it will be going forward. For those who are disappointed with not being able to wear multiple rings at the same time, the new dragon rings add an additional 10 health, 10 mana, and 5% hit chance. These stats alone are greater than most other rings that you can purchase. Where did they come from? FREE LAND!! How much is it worth? More than any ring you bought from the store! How much is it worth to you? I don't know, but it was free!

We no longer have vanities with extravagant stat's, so vanities are now (effectively) true vanities. The compromise is that those stats are now on rings. These stat'd items now work like every other stat'd item in the game - a weighted trade-off; a choice, like all other stat'd items, of which item has preferable stat's. This is how stat'd items work. If you own a dragon ring, and would prefer to wear a store bought ring over your dragon ring, this is a trade-off that you can choose to make. If you own a dragon ring and would prefer to have both the stats from your dragon ring, and stats from another ring, you face the same problem that you would have if you had two shields and wanted both of their stat's. Vanities are primarily for appearance. Rings are for stat's. The trade-off in wearing a vanity is deciding which one looks cool. The trade off for rings (and all other stat'd items) is which one has better stat's. The game must work this way if we are to help restore balance in the PL end-game.

/steps off soapbox

JaytB
11-27-2012, 01:37 PM
Techno, personally I think you did a great job on those rings.

The only thing I don't completely get are the stats of the new crafted items. True, defensive/offensive stats have been boosted a bit but, for example, for mages they are actually worse than they were last lvl cap. Birds recurve sets have about the same protection of last campaign. With harder hitting enemies and bosses and higher level gear, aren't the latest sets supposed to offer at least some better protection compared to previous caps? It has almost become impossible to run a dungeon successful without any elix because of the weak defensive stats of this lvl cap. Dmg has been buffed up considerable though, although not so much if you compare the amount of dmg needed to kill of simple mobs.

Is there a reasoning behind the weak defensive upgrades? Or is it assumed everyone just pots up and run through dungeons that way?

Techno Email
11-27-2012, 02:17 PM
Techno, personally I think you did a great job on those rings.

The only thing I don't completely get are the stats of the new crafted items. True, defensive/offensive stats have been boosted a bit but, for example, for mages they are actually worse than they were last lvl cap. Birds recurve sets have about the same protection of last campaign. With harder hitting enemies and bosses and higher level gear, aren't the latest sets supposed to offer at least some better protection compared to previous caps? It has almost become impossible to run a dungeon successful without any elix because of the weak defensive stats of this lvl cap. Dmg has been buffed up considerable though, although not so much if you compare the amount of dmg needed to kill of simple mobs.

Is there a reasoning behind the weak defensive upgrades? Or is it assumed everyone just pots up and run through dungeons that way?

Thanks! I'm definitely reading the various threads y'all have going about the set bonuses. I have to make small changes, a little bit at a time to address these changes, so that I can tune the knob back if it doesn't fix the problem or makes the problem worse. So, I appreciate the continued feedback on the high-end gear sets. The changes to the bonuses was the first small change in what I expect to be many (small changes) in an attempt to improve end-game balance. There are many moving parts, so I decided to start here.

The lack of significant Dodge stat's on Enchantresses and (less-so) Archers, was in reaction to feedback about balance issues caused by dodge on Enchantress gear. I tuned back dodge on those sets, so folks went after the Strength gear instead...to the get the Dodge. Well, I didn't see that coming. :)

With the recent crafted set bonus changes, I added a bit of dodge to the archer tank set bonus, and put significant chunks of points into pure damage and defense stat's like armor and damage.

The one-hitting/two-hitting in PVP is pretty painful. You have to be very aware of what each of your skills does, and pay close attention to their cool downs to counter that. This isn't exactly the first thing on your mind when an Archer comes around the corner and wipes 90% of your health - "Darn, forgot to use Evade," or "Here he comes! Run, till my Evade is done cooling down!" Yeah, no.

So, what's next? It looks like the Enchantresses and Archers are still feeling weak unless they spec. Strength and wear Strength armor. I'm going to continue to tweak this balance. I'm following your threads and taking constructive feedback into account. :) Just keep in mind, this balance process will involve little changes (for now) so I can get a good feel for which knobs need turning.

So far, I'm agreeing with this feedback with regards to the Underworld sets:
1. Extra HIT%? No thanks, I'd prefer extra damage on my Archer's DPS set.
2. Can I get some armor and health please?
3. DPS output is better than people think. FYI - here's why:

- Weapon DPS appears higher because of the weapon's attack speed, however, this doesn't factor in the DPS output of your abilities.

- Most likely my next change, will be #1.

- I'm still trying to figure out if there is a balanced way to add some armor or health to the other classes gear sets (#2).

-I'd consider tweaking the weapon attack speed to make the DPS on the damage sets look better, but I think the DPS is actually good, it just doesn't appear to be so due to #3.

Energizeric
11-27-2012, 03:25 PM
-I'd consider tweaking the weapon attack speed to make the DPS on the damage sets look better, but I think the DPS is actually good, it just doesn't appear to be so due to #3.

The easiest way to see the problem here is just look at the 2h weapon prices in the CS. Other than the recurve for birds, nobody seems to want the staff or blade. I think the main reason no bears are using the blade is the DPS is so much lower than with the scythe. One would normally think the DPS would be higher on the damage set, but in this case there seems to be no advantage to using the blade since the scythe offers both better armor and better dps, with only slightly less dmg. And most other stats such as crit, dodge, and health regen are all better with the scythe. I know this is the way it has traditionally been in PL, but this is the reason why you rarely see anyone using a 2h weapon except birds who get the benefit of longer range for their attacks.

Energizeric
11-27-2012, 03:33 PM
As for your comments about the dragon rings, I was a little disappointed about not being able to use a dragon ring with my ring of valiance. As you said, those who previously used a plat ring are covered by the increased stats of the dragon bonus which is better than most plat rings. And those with ring of valiant glory can combine their rings. So it's only those with ring of valiance who have lost out. But at least it's not a permanent loss, as I can regain my dragon bonus when I reach 81. I just wish their was some way to have it now. I did post a few suggestions in the general forum (here is the thread -- read #1 & #2 (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?76485-Easy-Solution-for-Major-Dragon-Crafting-Issue!-%28DEVS-PLEASE-READ%29)), and the one about crafting with ring of valiance seems rather easy to implement (about having the fallen prince upgrade the combo ring later on). Please do take a look at that.

Also, please consider making some kind of achievement based title for those who craft all the dragon sets on one toon (i.e. "Dragon Master" or something similar). I think this will further help to keep demand there for dragon items, and will give an even more exclusive title than "true legend" -- something for us end-gamers to work towards. Because with the current system there really doesn't seem to be any reason to craft more than one dragon set with the same toon.

JaytB
11-27-2012, 03:41 PM
Thanks! I'm definitely reading the various threads y'all have going about the set bonuses. I have to make small changes, a little bit at a time to address these changes, so that I can tune the knob back if it doesn't fix the problem or makes the problem worse. So, I appreciate the continued feedback on the high-end gear sets. The changes to the bonuses was the first small change in what I expect to be many (small changes) in an attempt to improve end-game balance. There are many moving parts, so I decided to start here.

The lack of significant Dodge stat's on Enchantresses and (less-so) Archers, was in reaction to feedback about balance issues caused by dodge on Enchantress gear. I tuned back dodge on those sets, so folks went after the Strength gear instead...to the get the Dodge. Well, I didn't see that coming. :)

With the recent crafted set bonus changes, I added a bit of dodge to the archer tank set bonus, and put significant chunks of points into pure damage and defense stat's like armor and damage.

The one-hitting/two-hitting in PVP is pretty painful. You have to be very aware of what each of your skills does, and pay close attention to their cool downs to counter that. This isn't exactly the first thing on your mind when an Archer comes around the corner and wipes 90% of your health - "Darn, forgot to use Evade," or "Here he comes! Run, till my Evade is done cooling down!" Yeah, no.

So, what's next? It looks like the Enchantresses and Archers are still feeling weak unless they spec. Strength and wear Strength armor. I'm going to continue to tweak this balance. I'm following your threads and taking constructive feedback into account. :) Just keep in mind, this balance process will involve little changes (for now) so I can get a good feel for which knobs need turning.

So far, I'm agreeing with this feedback with regards to the Underworld sets:
3. DPS output is better than people think. FYI - here's why:

- Weapon DPS appears higher because of the weapon's attack speed, however, this doesn't factor in the DPS output of your abilities.

- I'm still trying to figure out if there is a balanced way to add some armor or health to the other classes gear sets (#2).

Thanks for the detailed feedback!

I can understand that it must be a really difficult task to try and balance sets for both PvE and PvP and am happy to hear that you're reading the feedback that is given on this forums.

Maybe it's time for more drastic measures, like class specific gear for example (as suggested by Crimsontider in another thread). Or maybe some work needs to be done on the impact of hit% vs dodge (higher hit negating part of that dodge). Armor and/or health also seem like a viable option to play around with. Or maybe even separate the PvP and PvE stats. Maybe take a look at sewer gear, somehow every class stood their chance even with the high variety of different usable gear (even oranges, greens and purples had their use and still it felt balanced somewhat). But yeah, I agree it doesn't seem like there'll be an easy solution that would just balance things out. Especially when trying to keep both PvE'ers and PvP'ers happy.

I can only speak from a PvE point of view when saying that any latest-top-of-the-bill gear should at least be stronger in both defensive and offensive stats as compared to gear from 1 or 2 caps ago. Especially with enemies hitting harder and being tougher to kill.

All in all, personally I think you did a great job so far. You brought us Elite weapons with those wacky procs, a (really tough) quest as preview for Blacksmoke, new craftable rings and also already tweaked the stats of crafted gear in the latest campaign.

I'm sure you'll tackle the age old 'this and that is OP' eventually :)

FluffNStuff
11-27-2012, 03:57 PM

Couple thoughts from PvE/historian perspective. You mentioned crit being overpowered previously requiring a massive nerf, but that was because it was at 91% for a Level 45. We are 30 levels further, so I think it is safe to let us go up a little. As to survivability, the bow bird is having a lot of trouble with that without the dodge. I know you love keeping the hot side hot and the cold side cold, so perhaps some of the hit on the equip could be converted to dodge when crafted. This way it would not have to be a bonus. The lowered hit percentage on the equipment would also make it less desirable for other classes who are not pure dex.

wvhills
11-27-2012, 04:07 PM
techno, I love that ur listening. Maybe u should try out pvp a lot more? Honestly, forseeing players switching to str to get dodge was a no brainer, lol.
I agree with jay and crim and absolutepally, the only way to balance things in pvp is class specific gear.

you said, "The one-hitting/two-hitting in PVP is pretty painful. You have to be very aware of what each of your skills does, and pay close attention to their cool downs to counter that. This isn't exactly the first thing on your mind when an Archer comes around the corner and wipes 90% of your health - "Darn, forgot to use Evade," or "Here he comes! Run, till my Evade is done cooling down!"

actually, stuff like this IS in the front of 90% of pvpers. We are well aware of what our skills do. Also, why would we want extra hit%? Once again, I appreciate that u care and are trying but how is 200% hit any better than 190%?

As far as:
"So far, I'm agreeing with this feedback with regards to the Underworld sets:
3. DPS output is better than people think. FYI - here's why:"

Well, as a level 75 bird I can tell you that I don't want more damage. I want dodge, we all want dodge. My blast shot damage is 600 as it is. Lol. Adding damage will only increase the one and two shot fights.

Honestly, what u have now isn't that bad if u gear were class specific. I think everything would be pretty even. It just becomes unbalanced when a mage or bird goes str.

wvhills
11-27-2012, 04:08 PM
techno, I love that ur listening. Maybe u should try out pvp a lot more? Honestly, forseeing players switching to str to get dodge was a no brainer, lol.
I agree with jay and crim and absolutepally, the only way to balance things in pvp is class specific gear.

you said, "The one-hitting/two-hitting in PVP is pretty painful. You have to be very aware of what each of your skills does, and pay close attention to their cool downs to counter that. This isn't exactly the first thing on your mind when an Archer comes around the corner and wipes 90% of your health - "Darn, forgot to use Evade," or "Here he comes! Run, till my Evade is done cooling down!"

actually, stuff like this IS in the front of 90% of pvpers. We are well aware of what our skills do. Also, why would we want extra hit%? Once again, I appreciate that u care and are trying but how is 200% hit any better than 190%?

As far as:
"So far, I'm agreeing with this feedback with regards to the Underworld sets:
3. DPS output is better than people think. FYI - here's why:"

Well, as a level 75 bird I can tell you that I don't want more damage. I want dodge, we all want dodge. My blast shot damage is 600 as it is. Lol. Adding damage will only increase the one and two shot fights.

Honestly, what u have now isn't that bad if u gear were class specific. I think everything would be pretty even. It just becomes unbalanced when a mage or bird goes str.

Chopper
11-27-2012, 05:00 PM
I also give props and kudos to you Techno for listening to the comments raised!! :)

I will be most pleased when the bird set hit% bumps go to more useful stats like dodge, damage, health or armour. Anything is better than wasting them on hit%.
Yes, dodge is probably the most useful, but i'd be happy with some significant bump in damage instead of hit% too. Being able to deliver massive damage can offset somewhat how weak the bird is in defending itself.

Energizeric
11-27-2012, 05:06 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but what does a hit % of 200% really do for you? I thought it meant that it is unaffected by a dodge% of up to 50%. I'm not sure if it works like that, but it SHOULD work like that. They should multiply, so 200% x 50% = 100%, 200% - 100% = 100%. And for example, if dodge is 60%, then 200% x 60% = 120%, 200% - 120% = 80% (your chance of landing a hit). If higher hit % does not reduce the dodge %, then what exactly does it do?

Chopper
11-27-2012, 05:08 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but what does a hit % of 200% really do for you? I thought it meant that it is unaffected by a dodge% of up to 50%. I'm not sure if it works like that, but it SHOULD work like that. They should multiply, so 200% x 50% = 100%, 200% - 100% = 100%. If higher hit % does not reduce the dodge %, then what exactly does it do?

as far as i know, NADA, which is why people (like me) are seeing any bump to hit % as useless. With a hit % of 200%, I should be able to fire off TWO arrows at once LOL

FluffNStuff
11-27-2012, 05:12 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but what does a hit % of 200% really do for you? I thought it meant that it is unaffected by a dodge% of up to 50%. I'm not sure if it works like that, but it SHOULD work like that. They should multiply, so 200% x 50% = 100%, 200% - 100% = 100%. And for example, if dodge is 60%, then 200% x 60% = 120%, 200% - 120% = 80% (your chance of landing a hit). If higher hit % does not reduce the dodge %, then what exactly does it do?

Hit percent does not reduce dodge, but there is a reason to go over a 100 which is to counter debuffs. But 200 is crazy. Heck, over 140 is over kill, and I already have 130 Naked. Add to that the built in hit from dex on the equipment and birds really don't need ~any~ hit on their items.

Energizeric
11-27-2012, 05:52 PM
Hit % should directly counter dodge. It's just plain old logic. Someone who has better aim (hit %) has a better chance of hitting the target that is trying to dodge the hit. If it doesn't already work that way, they should change it.

JaytB
11-28-2012, 01:30 AM
Hit percent does not reduce dodge, but there is a reason to go over a 100 which is to counter debuffs. But 200 is crazy. Heck, over 140 is over kill, and I already have 130 Naked. Add to that the built in hit from dex on the equipment and birds really don't need ~any~ hit on their items.

Actually it supposedly does reduce dodge, just not by a lot. I had this same discussion in the past because I didn't believe hit had any effect on dodge. But it turned out I was wrong. Can't give you exact numbers though, but can try and find that discussion somewhere if I have some more time.

Techno Email
11-28-2012, 11:11 AM
As for your comments about the dragon rings, I was a little disappointed about not being able to use a dragon ring with my ring of valiance. As you said, those who previously used a plat ring are covered by the increased stats of the dragon bonus which is better than most plat rings. And those with ring of valiant glory can combine their rings. So it's only those with ring of valiance who have lost out. But at least it's not a permanent loss, as I can regain my dragon bonus when I reach 81. I just wish their was some way to have it now. I did post a few suggestions in the general forum (here is the thread -- read #1 & #2 (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?76485-Easy-Solution-for-Major-Dragon-Crafting-Issue!-%28DEVS-PLEASE-READ%29)), and the one about crafting with ring of valiance seems rather easy to implement (about having the fallen prince upgrade the combo ring later on). Please do take a look at that.

Also, please consider making some kind of achievement based title for those who craft all the dragon sets on one toon (i.e. "Dragon Master" or something similar). I think this will further help to keep demand there for dragon items, and will give an even more exclusive title than "true legend" -- something for us end-gamers to work towards. Because with the current system there really doesn't seem to be any reason to craft more than one dragon set with the same toon.

Ooh, I like the achievement/title idea! I'll check out your posts. Thanks! :D

Techno Email
11-28-2012, 11:17 AM

I can understand that it must be a really difficult task to try and balance sets for both PvE and PvP and am happy to hear that you're reading the feedback that is given on this forums.

Maybe it's time for more drastic measures, like class specific gear for example (as suggested by Crimsontider in another thread). Or maybe some work needs to be done on the impact of hit% vs dodge (higher hit negating part of that dodge). Armor and/or health also seem like a viable option to play around with. Or maybe even separate the PvP and PvE stats. Maybe take a look at sewer gear, somehow every class stood their chance even with the high variety of different usable gear (even oranges, greens and purples had their use and still it felt balanced somewhat). But yeah, I agree it doesn't seem like there'll be an easy solution that would just balance things out. Especially when trying to keep both PvE'ers and PvP'ers happy.

I can only speak from a PvE point of view when saying that any latest-top-of-the-bill gear should at least be stronger in both defensive and offensive stats as compared to gear from 1 or 2 caps ago. Especially with enemies hitting harder and being tougher to kill.

All in all, personally I think you did a great job so far. You brought us Elite weapons with those wacky procs, a (really tough) quest as preview for Blacksmoke, new craftable rings and also already tweaked the stats of crafted gear in the latest campaign.

We are considering some drastic changes...MUAHAHAHAHAHA - oh, goodness...and I think you guys will LOVE IT!!! :D In the meantime, I think there is a way to move the needle a little closer to the middle. Thanks for the awesome feedback!

Techno Email
11-28-2012, 11:30 AM
AAhhhh!!! This is a great discussion!! :D I'm a stat nerd, so it's interesting to dig into this stuff. I have some top secret nobs that I can turn...I won't do it yet, because they are very big nobs, and as I said before, I'm going to make little tweaks for now. ;) However, all of this info is great. As you must assume, I put all these stat's on the gear, so I can change them too. I'd like to make some other tweaks to the bonuses, put those out, and if I can find some time, I can try to reduce some of the hit on the Dex gear and distribute it elsewhere. :D

We have some really exciting stuff planned for the holidays, that will A. be awesome, B. blow your minds, and C. be totally crazy. I'll be focused on that until it comes out, but I'd like to make get these tweaks in in the meantime so you guys can continue to enjoy yourselves in PVP. :D WOOT!!!:frog:

FluffNStuff
11-28-2012, 11:37 AM
AAhhhh!!! This is a great discussion!! :D I'm a stat nerd, so it's interesting to dig into this stuff. I have some top secret nobs that I can turn...I won't do it yet, because they are very big nobs, and as I said before, I'm going to make little tweaks for now. ;) However, all of this info is great. As you must assume, I put all these stat's on the gear, so I can change them too. I'd like to make some other tweaks to the bonuses, put those out, and if I can find some time, I can try to reduce some of the hit on the Dex gear and distribute it elsewhere. :D

We have some really exciting stuff planned for the holidays, that will A. be awesome, B. blow your minds, and C. be totally crazy. I'll be focused on that until it comes out, but I'd like to make get these tweaks in in the meantime so you guys can continue to enjoy yourselves in PVP. :D WOOT!!!:frog:

Saweeet! We know we can trust you to A. Keep us on our toes and B. Keep raising the bar! So this holiday stuff ... hmmm ... *peers into crystal ball, sees totally twisted warped mind of Techno Email* ... BSM Elite Level with Demon Santa defended by Dragon Reindeer?

octavos
11-28-2012, 11:44 AM

Will this new content be only for end-game, as it has been for a few updates? (Humania and Mountain) or can the not so-pro-elite with all the nice rings get to play also....I love holiday events :P thats kinda why I was only on for PL...for the events XD

angeldawn
11-28-2012, 11:52 AM
Please don't make things class specific. I like dressing up my toon way to much for that!!

But if u have to do something similar, maybe make the set, in this case the crafted str, not have the same stats if worn by a Mage or Bird. Maybe to get the full benefit of a set it has to be worn by that class.

angeldawn
11-28-2012, 12:09 PM

I really don't see why the dragon vanity shouldn't be stash able for my alts. This is why many of us got the dragon set.

Ok so worse case someone gets a ring with stats for their alt? But dragon sets had bonuses!!! How can anyone cry about this? To really see the big bonus the alt needs to be 76 with a Glory ring.

I would just really like to know what your thought is and why u think this is such a bad idea.

Edit: Just saw Technos explanation for this .... Cuz of exploits? By stashing my vanity dragon and possibly getting a ring for my alt... This would be an exploit? How is it different from founders helms? It's a stashable vanity with stats.

I really just want it for dress up!!! Screw the ring.

JaytB
11-28-2012, 01:22 PM
We are considering some drastic changes...MUAHAHAHAHAHA - oh, goodness...and I think you guys will LOVE IT!!! :D In the meantime, I think there is a way to move the needle a little closer to the middle. Thanks for the awesome feedback!

Sooooo curious right now :D

Energizeric
11-28-2012, 02:59 PM
I really just want it for dress up!!! Screw the ring.

Then don't craft the set, just wear it as is. Then you can stash it, sell it, trade it, move it around, and wear it on any alt and it is just a plain vanity for "dress up". :)

vle_hoang
11-29-2012, 09:10 PM

I personally dont think class specific gears is a good idea, the good things in PL is everyone can wear everythings, if devs make it class specific just for the PvP problem, i think it will become likes other MMO games and alot of people gonna lost their interest in PL.

Buffing Archer/Mage gears seems a better option for me.