PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Battlefront 3. An old dream reborn?

Cahaun
11-22-2012, 11:47 AM
When Battlefront 2 was released about 8 years ago, it was very fun along with the original Battlefront. People looked forward to the day that the third one would come out except... it never did. There was plans on making a third but never got out and it seemed that it would mean the end of an awesome game series.
New things popped up, however, which included LucasArts being bought by Disney. One thing Disney is good at is having a lot of funds and releasing new stuff so now I'm having a new spark of hope that they take this new thing to make another Battlefront! I know it seems crazy because the last game is old in game views, but this sounds really possible!
What do all of you think? Is there now more possibility that they can now make a third?

dudetus
11-22-2012, 07:36 PM
Idk...

Would love to see BF3 but it seems the whole SW gamegenre is so focused on swtor that there might not be that many games in the near futire. But we'll c :)

Slcinuup
11-22-2012, 07:39 PM
I love that game!

Cahaun
11-22-2012, 07:52 PM
I still hope it comes out. Just imagine what it could look and be with the consoles we have today.
I still love going around as the engineer. They were awesome in the first BF with the grenade launchers.

MightyMicah
11-22-2012, 08:37 PM
To this day my friends and I still play Battlefront 2 all the time. I know the game has been tossed around like a hot potato for forever! It seems like there's constantly news on it, but it never amounts to anything. I honestly don't know if it will. You're right though about Disney. I sure hope another one would come out! That would be so legit.

Cahaun
11-22-2012, 08:44 PM
To this day my friends and I still play Battlefront 2 all the time. I know the game has been tossed around like a hot potato for forever! It seems like there's constantly news on it, but it never amounts to anything. I honestly don't know if it will. You're right though about Disney. I sure hope another one would come out! That would be so legit.
The second is great. I wished they had some of the the maps the first had and flying vehicles in ground battles. Other than that, it never gets boring with conquest.

MightyMicah
11-22-2012, 10:31 PM
The second is great. I wished they had some of the the maps the first had and flying vehicles in ground battles. Other than that, it never gets boring with conquest.

Agreed. Honestly, I've had more fun playing that than any modern fps games. Halo, MW, CoD...all great but still haven't had as much fun.

Cahaun
11-23-2012, 11:35 AM

Agreed. Honestly, I've had more fun playing that than any modern fps games. Halo, MW, CoD...all great but still haven't had as much fun.
What console do you have the Battlefronts on? PC has a mode called XL and basically puts 200 vs. 200 on the map lol.

Cahaun
11-23-2012, 11:42 AM
I have a screenshot or two of how big it gets. I just love this mode.

iRusher
11-23-2012, 12:37 PM
I loved that game

Zraorizer
11-23-2012, 12:49 PM
I've never played the first game but I have the 2nd, I liked the game. But if Disney makes the 3rd they are gonna put cartoonish characters I know how they are. They might not even have guns, lightsabers, or violence,no wonder they don't want violent shows

Cahaun
11-23-2012, 01:33 PM
I've never played the first game but I have the 2nd, I liked the game. But if Disney makes the 3rd they are gonna put cartoonish characters I know how they are. They might not even have guns, lightsabers, or violence,no wonder they don't want violent shows
Have you ever seen the Pirates of the Caribbean movies? That's a lot darker than Star Wars and Disney was involved.
The first Battlefront has a lot of things that still makes it fun so you should try it out. :)

MightyMicah
11-23-2012, 08:38 PM
What console do you have the Battlefronts on? PC has a mode called XL and basically puts 200 vs. 200 on the map lol.

Yeah! I remember how awesome that was! I have PC and Xbox versions of both battlefront 1 and 2. :D

Cahaun
11-23-2012, 08:55 PM
Want to play the second online anytime? I have the second up and running. My IGN is Corr

Noodleleg
11-24-2012, 12:05 AM
OMG good times... My best memories were when my brother and I were grinding for legendary weapons and trickshotting... Well, killing little noobs with Wompas were fun too ;)!

Cahaun
11-24-2012, 01:17 AM
I had a person called Player 1 join my conquest session and I kept killing him. Made me sad everytime I put a bolt through his head and won when his side still had over 100 in the reinforcement bar.

Cahaun
11-24-2012, 01:20 AM
OMG good times... My best memories were when my brother and I were grinding for legendary weapons and trickshotting... Well, killing little noobs with Wompas were fun too ;)!
The rebels are the wompas' favorite toys. Hit one and they go flying far far away! ;)
Me and my brother are rivals in the second ever since I accidentally sent him into the lava in Mustafar. He just got the hero so he wasn't so happy lol.

TEOKILLO
11-24-2012, 01:24 AM
Battlefront was fun but after playing halo i kept getting frustrated not being able to whack my enemies using the melee button lol

MightyMicah
11-24-2012, 10:33 AM
Battlefront was fun but after playing halo i kept getting frustrated not being able to whack my enemies using the melee button lol

That's the one thing I always wish BF had!

Noodleleg
11-24-2012, 11:05 AM
The rebels are the wompas' favorite toys. Hit one and they go flying far far away! ;)
Me and my brother are rivals in the second ever since I accidentally sent him into the lava in Mustafar. He just got the hero so he wasn't so happy lol.

Was he Anakin Skywalker lmao? And my favorite hero... Well, I liked playing Darth Vader on Hoth because I could choke noobs :)

Cahaun
11-24-2012, 11:40 AM

Was he Anakin Skywalker lmao? And my favorite hero... Well, I liked playing Darth Vader on Hoth because I could choke noobs :)
I always liked playing as the rebels in Hoth and just conquer the empire. It's actually easier than it sounds. Just take the forward camp immediately and bunker down. AT-ATs go down fast with the land mines.
I just like how Darth Vader strolls around choking people.

Cahaun
11-24-2012, 11:54 AM

That's the one thing I always wish BF had!
I always wanted to just pull out a VibroBlade and insert it into an enemy. The main thing they need is all of the old BF 1 maps. I miss the Dune Sea map in Tatooine, the islands and sea port in Kashyyk, all of Rhen Var and Bespin, the small shortcut in the mountain in the old Hoth map, the fields of Naboo, orbital sensors, the overpowered rebel vehicles, air support in the ground battles, and everything else the second should've had.

Edit: Prone or go home. I want this added back also :p

MightyMicah
11-26-2012, 09:45 AM
I always wanted to just pull out a VibroBlade and insert it into an enemy. The main thing they need is all of the old BF 1 maps. I miss the Dune Sea map in Tatooine, the islands and sea port in Kashyyk, all of Rhen Var and Bespin, the small shortcut in the mountain in the old Hoth map, the fields of Naboo, orbital sensors, the overpowered rebel vehicles, air support in the ground battles, and everything else the second should've had.

Agreed with everything you just said! I forgot about that secret passage in the mountain on Hoth :P

Cahaun
11-26-2012, 11:08 AM

Agreed with everything you just said! I forgot about that secret passage in the mountain on Hoth :P
The old passage made the first bunker a must to capture. Just take it and you can go through it to an overlook of the shield generator.
Ever used droidekas much? I just got into them in the first because they just rock with the shields and movement speed. I took Rhen Var and dominated the republic without dying once :p

MightyMicah
11-26-2012, 01:34 PM
The old passage made the first bunker a must to capture. Just take it and you can go through it to an overlook of the shield generator.
Ever used droidekas much? I just got into them in the first because they just rock with the shields and movement speed. I took Rhen Var and dominated the republic without dying once :p

Wow, nice! I've never been any good at them because they attracts all the attention. Lol I always hear this "GRENADE GRENADE" then about 7 grenades get thrown at me!

Cahaun
11-26-2012, 11:08 PM

Wow, nice! I've never been any good at them because they attracts all the attention. Lol I always hear this "GRENADE GRENADE" then about 7 grenades get thrown at me!
Best way to fully dominate the Rhen Var Harbor is to have the Sabotage bonus activated to slow down the heavy armor coming from the harbor and then cut through the ice caves into the LZ. Easy forced win with a droideka because it's close quarters and speed matters.

Cahaun
12-08-2012, 08:54 PM
Since I'm still stuffing myself up with some Battlefront, I'll just post all the interesting things I find and do here instead of making various small threads.
This'll be a small fun thread where us battlefront fans can share our times in the best games ever made. (I still want SWB3)

MightyMicah
12-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Since I'm still stuffing myself up with some Battlefront, I'll just post all the interesting things I find and do here instead of making various small threads.
This'll be a small fun thread where us battlefront fans can share our times in the best games ever made. (I still want SWB3)

Me too! I've actually heard alot of people saying that they had wondered about Battlefront 3. I've also heard that many fans were booing the new "Star Wars 1313" game coming out soon because they were like, "We don't want that crap! We want Battlefront III!" Haha

Cahaun
12-09-2012, 12:52 AM

Me too! I've actually heard alot of people saying that they had wondered about Battlefront 3. I've also heard that many fans were booing the new "Star Wars 1313" game coming out soon because they were like, "We don't want that crap! We want Battlefront III!" Haha
Yea! I was having the same reaction. ;)

We want SWB3 now!

Cahaun
12-09-2012, 08:52 PM
Had some CTF fun in the Tantive IV with the engineer class and scored myself over 120 kills lol. I also tried out some other areas like Tatooine, Polis Massa, and the Deathstar.
Anyways... I managed to find a small shortcut that only works for the CIS droids on Polis Massa. (Droids don't need air)

MightyMicah
12-10-2012, 04:09 PM
Had some CTF fun in the Tantive IV with the engineer class and scored myself over 120 kills lol. I also tried out some other areas like Tatooine, Polis Massa, and the Deathstar.
Anyways... I managed to find a small shortcut that only works for the CIS droids on Polis Massa. (Droids don't need air)

Nice! I remember when I had gotten my kdr to 127 kills per death :P

Oh and I love how the droids don't have to breath so they can walk around out there! Haha

Cahaun
12-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Tried CTF again on the Tantive IV (I love this map) and completely halted the Republic's advancement on the right side of the ship with just my single engineer. For some reason, my other allies barely did anything and the Republic scored 3 times before I gave up and became the flag runner.
I'm *this* close to unlocking the Flechette Shotgun for the engineers.

MightyMicah
12-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Dude that's the first gun I aim for! Smugglers are op when friendly fire is turned off with their detonaters and 1 shot kill guns. With the flechette you're like invincible! Haha

Cahaun
12-15-2012, 11:20 AM
I never turn friendly fire off :p
I'm trying to get the Demolition medals now. Hardest things to get.

Cahaun
05-06-2013, 09:05 PM
When Battlefront 2 was released about 8 years ago, it was very fun along with the original Battlefront. People looked forward to the day that the third one would come out except... it never did. There was plans on making a third but never got out and it seemed that it would mean the end of an awesome game series.
New things popped up, however, which included LucasArts being bought by Disney. One thing Disney is good at is having a lot of funds and releasing new stuff so now I'm having a new spark of hope that they take this new thing to make another Battlefront! I know it seems crazy because the last game is old in game views, but this sounds really possible!
What do all of you think? Is there now more possibility that they can now make a third?
Yes! I was right! Hahahahahaha! Years of waiting has now came to a close!
I'm so happy, I quoted myself on a thread that's completely on topic in the off-topic forum section! :D

razerfingers
05-06-2013, 09:26 PM
I'm so happy, I quoted myself on a thread that's completely on topic in the off-topic forum section! :D

Wow necro so nubish ;) but interesting thread never knew it existed

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Spyce
05-06-2013, 09:33 PM

You quoted your own intro.

Cahaun
05-06-2013, 09:54 PM

Wow necro so nubish ;) but interesting thread never knew it existed

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.
I made it around the time Disney bought Lucas Arts if I can remember. I had a feeling that something was bound to happen since the Star Wars Battlefront is like a treasure chest for the taking for those willing to make it happen.

Cahaun
05-06-2013, 09:54 PM

You quoted your own intro.
That sounds like something I'd do :)