PDA

View Full Version : Most durable class/build? (high K/D ratio)

Keppra
09-12-2010, 12:45 PM
First off, I know that being able to maintain a good K/D requires a lot of patience, skill and luck...

Since starting I have got two chars to the mid 20's, my first was a INT Mage, which has 2.5k kills and 5 deaths. My 2nd is a STR Warrior with almost 2k kills and only a single death (currently farming kills and tomes - exp gain turned off as I reached lv22).

I was just wondering if any classes would be even better to play as...?

Would a DEX Archer be better as it has the range, dodge and more armor...?

Would a STR Mage be better as it'd have the armor and heal... Or would being close range without "Stomp" put me at a disadvantage?

Any help, suggestions or comments would be appreciated...!

Oh and I currently only PVE and have limited pinks (few level 19 armor and couple of weps).

Cheers guys,

Keppra / Cameron

cry
09-12-2010, 12:51 PM
IMO Paladins at higher levels because of thoth, lower bowbear, or archer.

DawnInfinity
09-12-2010, 02:29 PM
Paladins at low levels are often difficult to play, but once they reach level 40-45 and obtain Thoth/Isis, they become very strong and fun to play.

Keppra
09-12-2010, 02:33 PM
Paladins at low levels are often difficult to play, but once they reach level 40-45 and obtain Thoth/Isis, they become very strong and fun to play.

What makes them difficult...?

vulgarstrike
09-12-2010, 02:35 PM
well, i have a pure enchantress called "attractive" and shes number one on the enchantress kdr list.
no deaths at all. try it. i used that because i figure, with the massive aoe damage, it is safe to say the best defense is a good offense. you can kill them before they damage you, AND you can heal! tada.

vulgarstrike
09-12-2010, 02:35 PM
What makes them difficult...?

no regeneration and weak health

Keppra
09-12-2010, 02:38 PM
no regeneration and weak health

Ah, ok, cheers...! =)

well, i have a pure enchantress called "attractive" and shes number one on the enchantress kdr list.
no deaths at all. try it. i used that because i figure, with the massive aoe damage, it is safe to say the best defense is a good offense. you can kill them before they damage you, AND you can heal! tada.

What skills did you use on your Pure Enchantress...? I struggled with mine...

vulgarstrike
09-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Ah, ok, cheers...! =)

What skills did you use on your Pure Enchantress...? I struggled with mine...

right now, its level 12, and im using 5 heal, 5 fireblsat, and 1 lightnining. at level 22 i would use:
5 heal
5 fireblast
5 lighting
5 nightmare
2 on each buff,
and 1 on mana shield.

correct me if you dont have all of those unlocked.

Keppra
09-12-2010, 02:51 PM
right now, its level 12, and im using 5 heal, 5 fireblsat, and 1 lightnining. at level 22 i would use:
5 heal
5 fireblast
5 lighting
5 nightmare
2 on each buff,
and 1 on mana shield.

correct me if you dont have all of those unlocked.

The 2nd buff isn't unlocked till 24...

I like that you've stopped at 12, that's gotta make staying top easier...! Do you tend to still group to do bosses or literally kill normal "mobs" for kills...?

Royce
09-12-2010, 03:00 PM
First off, I know that being able to maintain a good K/D requires a lot of patience, skill and luck...

Patience yes. SKill and luck, not at all. People just kill farm, use elixers, etc (and some people have 10s of thousands of kills from when you could kill Forest Haven mobs even as a capped player and still get kills counted). PvE K/D is totally meaningless. And since people are paying other players to let them kill them in PvP, PvP K/D pretty much means nothing also...

Any mage with 0 deaths is a mage I won't play with. Fact is Int characters will get blasted with massive crits that will kill them instantly. If you have zero deaths you are not participating and helping the group as you should. Just my feelings. Either Dex or Str mage has better surviveablility, but paladins have the highest of any mage simply because the higher armor means it will usually take two massive crits to kill you, and you can quickly heal after taking one. A Dex mage gets hit less often, but will still get 1-shot every now and then.

vulgarstrike
09-12-2010, 03:09 PM
Patience yes. SKill and luck, not at all. People just kill farm, use elixers, etc (and some people have 10s of thousands of kills from when you could kill Forest Haven mobs even as a capped player and still get kills counted). PvE K/D is totally meaningless. And since people are paying other players to let them kill them in PvP, PvP K/D pretty much means nothing also...

Any mage with 0 deaths is a mage I won't play with. Fact is Int characters will get blasted with massive crits that will kill them instantly. If you have zero deaths you are not participating and helping the group as you should. Just my feelings. Either Dex or Str mage has better surviveablility, but paladins have the highest of any mage simply because the higher armor means it will usually take two massive crits to kill you, and you can quickly heal after taking one. A Dex mage gets hit less often, but will still get 1-shot every now and then.

yes I kill farm with my 2nd Mage, but I have no deaths, particularly because I solo the maps, and I have no one to depend on. of course I got one shotted tons on my 1st enchantress, but then again ive never even seen you online since swamp days....

Royce
09-12-2010, 03:17 PM
but then again ive never even seen you online since swamp days....

You haven't been looking hard enough ;) With the level cap seemingly eternally frozen at 45, I have created several new characters to alleviate boredom. Plus, that's just a lie. I played with you the day AO1 came out (okay, so that was 1 day after the swamp days ;) )

vulgarstrike
09-12-2010, 03:19 PM
You haven't been looking hard enough ;) With the level cap seemingly eternally frozen at 45, I have created several new characters to alleviate boredom. Plus, that's just a lie. I played with you the day AO1 came out (okay, so that was 1 day after the swamp days ;) )

haha but seriously that was the last time i saw fnordic, or your dinosaur sounding name. please play again on your "main"s!

Raxie
09-12-2010, 04:33 PM
i had a bow bear with 4,000 kills with no death. that was a bit too easy so that is why i created an int bear for more of a challenge. right now it has 1,000 kills with no death and it's level 13. i always solo the map by myself which is why i have a lot of kills. you just kite and never get too close to an enemy. also, always have a good supply of potions. i think bears are the best for lower levels to maintain a high k/d due to their high health, buffs and stomp.

cry
09-12-2010, 10:21 PM
what makes them difficult...?

no thoth! Not enough skill points.