PDA

View Full Version : Tank warrior

Luniette
11-23-2012, 02:54 AM
I've been playing a Sorcerer so far. Up to lv15 and one thing I have noticed is that really often I'm the one getting the aggro.
Few times I've seen some fantastic tanks but they're quite rare.

So I decided to roll a warrior dedicated to tanking, mainly for bosses but also for higher level regular mob swarms.

After reading these forums there's not too much info on tanking so I decided to make one.

Statwise I've gone full STR and don't think anyone will disagree with that.

Skillwise I've gone War Horn Heal with extra taunt and 2 sec invulnerability, Juggernaut with extra taunt and 20% resistance, and Axe throw with chain pull.
For the fourth skill I haven't yet figured out what to pick. With the already picked skills I haven't gone too far into specialization so I might be able to squeeze more skills into my set, maybe a boss tanking skills and trash mobs separately.

So what I'm asking is what do you guys think of my choices and what should I pick for the next skill(s)?

Don't bother telling me to go full damage and that will be enough to keep aggro cause it's not.

dreenise
11-23-2012, 03:00 AM
Go full damage.

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Your choices sound good to me :)

Montanabro
11-23-2012, 03:40 AM
I agree with your decisions on the two taunt skills. I'd use Windmill and Smash though for your two attacks. Keep in mind that the two taunts really won't be enough to keep aggro, so you need to be doing a fair amount of damage as well. Axe is only a single target, so it doesn't work so hot with adds (plus it can be tough to aim).

ShadowGunX
11-23-2012, 03:58 AM
u dnt hav vengeful blood? its most imp for warriors.

Sledge
11-23-2012, 04:21 AM
I think most warriors have no idea what aggro is or how to hold it.

mike1298
11-23-2012, 02:30 PM
I get aggro on my rogue plenty of times. If a warrior claims to be a tank they need to use their taunts and hold aggro. There will be times where I see the tank just using auto attack, no skills.

blakeary
11-23-2012, 11:07 PM
I've been playing a Sorcerer so far. Up to lv15 and one thing I have noticed is that really often I'm the one getting the aggro.
Few times I've seen some fantastic tanks but they're quite rare.

So I decided to roll a warrior dedicated to tanking, mainly for bosses but also for higher level regular mob swarms.

After reading these forums there's not too much info on tanking so I decided to make one.

Statwise I've gone full STR and don't think anyone will disagree with that.

Skillwise I've gone War Horn Heal with extra taunt and 2 sec invulnerability, Juggernaut with extra taunt and 20% resistance, and Axe throw with chain pull.
For the fourth skill I haven't yet figured out what to pick. With the already picked skills I haven't gone too far into specialization so I might be able to squeeze more skills into my set, maybe a boss tanking skills and trash mobs separately.

So what I'm asking is what do you guys think of my choices and what should I pick for the next skill(s)?

Don't bother telling me to go full damage and that will be enough to keep aggro cause it's not.

If you're a warrior with really good gear (Trollbane / 100 DPS) you basically hold aggro with DPS and Horn of Renew. When you're grouped with those fantastic tanks gear might be playing a big role.

You've got every taunt. Horn of Renew taunt is the most important one since it affects a large area and is available every 15 seconds. Axe throw taunt only affects one target but nice for bosses since it also reduces their armor and allows each group member to do about about 7-8% more damage. Juggernaut taunt would be more of an emergency. Since it's only available once every 45 seconds it won't be ready for every encounter.

For you last skill...

Interrupts/Extra DPS: Chest Splitter
Damage Mitigation: Rally Cry
Fun/Extra DPS: Skyward Smash or Windmill

shadowmanjak
11-24-2012, 04:02 PM
Do you ever have mana problems with this build? just wondering cause I end up having mana issues if I don't have vengful blood.

blakeary
11-24-2012, 09:10 PM
Do you ever have mana problems with this build? just wondering cause I end up having mana issues if I don't have vengful blood.

You'd need a pet with mana regen like Flapjack or Nexus.

Luniette
11-25-2012, 03:11 AM
I ended up taking Windmill as my fourth skill and I really haven't had any mana problems.. yet.
I'm still dedicating most of my time to my Sorcerer so the Warrior doesn't get that much attention.
So far I've been using Barney for the heal but most likely going for a damage mitigation pet.
On the actual gameplay I like this setup quite a lot. Only problem I see is lowish damage, especially compared to my Sorc. Often I feel like I'm not contributing enough, but I hope it changes once I get to fight Bael and Mother and the likes of those.

Rot
11-25-2012, 10:03 AM
Important role of mages in letting the warriors survive and take all the damage.

ShadowGunX
11-28-2012, 09:58 AM
lol dets y u should hav vengeful blood to buff up 25%dmg nd +50str (if charged up). btw i wud suggest vengeful blood instead of juggernaut. charged vengeful blood gives u +500 heal also (if u giv point to adreline surge)

Vystirch
11-28-2012, 10:03 AM
Yes tanks should tank. Mages should heal (sometimes rouge does that, well it's got more power per pack) and rouges should focus on dps, REAL HIGH DPS.

-Vys