PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question Regarding Choppa...

Saiji
11-23-2012, 05:59 AM
Hey guys, so I'm new to STS and the forums - as you can see its my first post haha. Anyways I started AL not too long ago, got my warrior to 15, and I am thinking about buying a Choppa. However, I heard that Choppas are bugged, so they do not do the damage output as stated. Is this true? Would love to hear some opinions.

Side Question: If they are, what are some other good warrior weps level 15? For example, how are the emblazed axes?
And I've also heard Trollbanes are amazing as well, but...my pockets aren't that big for me to afford that. =\

Thanks ahead of time!

Cero
11-23-2012, 06:26 AM
yes. choppa axe doesnt do the dmg as what is said on the stats.. and i would suggest get one when you reach lvl16. its so easy to cap. using low dmg weapons doesnt hurt while ur still lvl15.

correct me if im wrong
this is my best to least weapon list.

trollbane
vorpal
Arcane platinum weapon from Arcane pavkage
fire choppa axe

Saiji
11-23-2012, 10:35 AM
Oh I see, thanks for your advice!

j3peaz
11-23-2012, 11:30 AM
Guys remember the damage stats on a weapon are not the actual output numbers u see in combat

CosmoxKramer
11-23-2012, 12:20 PM
there are armor modifiers to reduce the damage. Using my Choppa and my spec my avatar page shows 89 damage and in elites i hit for high 50's on average and charge for mid 80s. Plus don't forget the higher your weapon damage the higher your skill damage so, losing 20 damage to your avatar page, you may also be losing quite a bit per skill damage

also, truly, none of the weapons are calculating damage correctly on the avatar page as well. 44.5 weapon damage (no other item damages) * 188% damage bonuses should = 83.66 damage

L16. mighty vorpal sword of tactics is 29.9 * 192% damage = 57.408, but my avatar page shows 51.7
L16 Agile trollbane of potency is 34.7 * 182% damage = 63.154 damage, but my avatar page shows 69.1.

so take em all with a grain of salt at the moment, i think the math is supposed to be fixed with an upcoming patch...

DontNerfMeBro
11-24-2012, 02:13 PM
yes. choppa axe doesnt do the dmg as what is said on the stats.. and i would suggest get one when you reach lvl16. its so easy to cap. using low dmg weapons doesnt hurt while ur still lvl15.

correct me if im wrong
this is my best to least weapon list.

trollbane
vorpal
Arcane platinum weapon from Arcane pavkage
fire choppa axe

This appears completely backwards to me.

Why is trollbane so expensive? Numerically, it's awful. I have almost 130 damage with my choppa and it appears to be functioning just fine. It's damage is obviously modified by targets Armor but I don't see what's broken about it. Trollbane is generally 60damage less.

Do all weapons have the same proc frequency?

BodMaster
11-24-2012, 08:56 PM
This appears completely backwards to me.

Why is trollbane so expensive? Numerically, it's awful. I have almost 130 damage with my choppa and it appears to be functioning just fine. It's damage is obviously modified by targets Armor but I don't see what's broken about it. Trollbane is generally 60damage less.

Do all weapons have the same proc frequency?

Umadbro?

DontNerfMeBro
11-24-2012, 11:46 PM
Umadbro?

what?

BodMaster
11-25-2012, 11:28 AM
Any weapon purchased with Plat should have nowhere near the stats of something farmed/elite.

Emblazed and Fire Choppa, are balance breaking weapons which have also messed up the economy. So yes Trollbane "should" be the highest and best weapon at this time for War. (Unfortunately StS prefer Plat sales > Balance)

However, the dmg shown is def, higher than stated.

DontNerfMeBro
11-26-2012, 11:34 AM
so trollbane hits harder than choppa?

Lowlyspy
11-26-2012, 11:43 AM
Any weapon purchased with Plat should have nowhere near the stats of something farmed/elite.

Emblazed and Fire Choppa, are balance breaking weapons which have also messed up the economy. So yes Trollbane "should" be the highest and best weapon at this time for War. (Unfortunately StS prefer Plat sales > Balance)

However, the dmg shown is def, higher than stated.
Technically the choppa is bought with gold though ;)