PDA

View Full Version : Merchanting, how to get rich!

Zaonabiuibil
11-23-2012, 10:30 AM
Zaonabiuibil's Merchanting Guide

Ever feel like you can't get enough money to even feed your pet? Wish you could buy potions without breaking your bank? Read on, and learn how to have enough money to do anything you wish!

Now you could always buy gold with platinum, but not everyone is rich, eh?

There are a few key points I will be focusing on now, which I will edit and expand on as the game progresses.

1)Attitude:
Before you do anything else, always remember to be kind towards players. If I saw someone insulting someone else, I KNOW I wouldn't do any deals with them. Just remember, the person you insulted yesterday may have the dream deal you need today. Also, don't spam. People don't respect the constant repetitive seller who is relentless in their selling messages.

2)Inventory:
You have a limited amount of space. Liquidate that which you don't need for quick money. Then you can sell the rest using...

3)The Consignment Store:
*The CS (also known as the auction house) is the area in Kraag City and Traveler's Outpost where you can sell your goods to other players without having to spam the base looking for buyers.

*Remember though, there is a fee for listing items in the auction house!!! This means it is a great way to get rid of the little items, like in the 20k range, but when making big sales, try and use the chat feature, but again, don't spam the chat windows!

*Get a feel for the items. See the different fluctuations of the items. See which lower and increase in price, and base your sales off that. Remember, knowledge is power.

*Just wait. Be patient. Merchanting will be time consuming, but it pays off. Refer to the above, wait and watch prices. Then figure out if you should save or sell.

*S&D. Supply and Demand is a KEY part to the auction house. A low demand and a high supply = low prices. Don't bother with those. A high demand and a low supply? SELL IT.

*Undercuts. As stated earlier, the CS gets a cut of your money, so competing to have the lowest price isn't always the best thing. Bide your time.

*Snatch-ups. Always look at the CS, there might be a great deal for you to scoop up.

4)Using the chat system:
The chat system can either be your best friend, or your worst enemy. It is a great way to sell items without the CS fees and cuts. Good right? Not always. Be careful, using the chat system means no CS buying and selling for the price you wanted. It involves tough negotiations, and remember, be respectful, but also try and get the highest price possible for your goods. Say what you're selling, then wait a minute. Repeating your sales won't make anyone jump and buy them any quicker.

5)Farming:
As you read this, you may think, "what the heck is farming? We have to farm on an action game!?" No no, I made the same mistake the first time I heard it as well. Farming is running maps for gold/items. If there are no good deals, try and farm! Always try for the best items, but remember, all items are good items!
*Note: farm the ELITE maps for a better chance at good loot. You must be one level under the current cap, or at the current cap at that time to be able to run ELITEs, just be warned they're significantly harder than the normal maps.

6)Rarity:
There are multiple levels of rarity. Common (white), Rare (green), Epic (dark blue), Legendary (pink), Vanities (light blue), Mythic (orangey) and Arcane (reddish). As of now Arcane is the highest rarity. Arcane's are the hardest to get, but if you're lucky, you can make some serious bank off them.

7)Pets:
Pets are the companions that fight for you, and pick up your loot. Just remember, you have to feed them, or do you? When your pet is running low on energy (happiness meter), put them in the stables and let them recharge. It saves a lot of money that you can use for merchanting. Also, in the CS, you can buy pet eggs. If you have to buy eggs, try and get them cheap. But! Before you do any of that, make sure you can't do a quest to get that egg first!

8)Events:
I'd recommend you farm the event items, then just hold them for a few months. Everyone will have the items they want, and there will be few items left in the CS. This is when you would sell. Patience is key in event selling. If you don't want to farm, buy during the later days of the event. The prices will be low due to the fact people have farmed up everything and have extras. Stockpile those, then sell them much later for a lot of profit.

9)Platinum Chests:
At the beginning, people will be popping open chests like mad, trying to get the new gear. At this point the first few items will be worth a lot. SELL AT THAT POINT, for later on when people have all opened a ton and there is a surplus, then you could buy back for perhaps 1/20 of what you sold it for.

I hope this guide helped, and it will be updated as much as possible! Feel free to leave your feedback or other merchanting suggestions!

Thanks and good luck,
Zaonabiuibil

MasterGT
11-23-2012, 11:02 AM
As always nice guide bud :)

Commanderkeen
11-23-2012, 11:03 AM
There's also a CS at the Outpost.

Zaonabiuibil
11-23-2012, 11:06 AM
There's also a CS at the Outpost.

Added, thanks man :)

Astrocat
11-23-2012, 11:07 AM
Zaonabiuibil's Merchanting Guide

Ever feel like you can't get enough money to even feed your pet? Wish you could buy potions without breaking your bank? Read on, and learn how to have enough money to do anything you wish!

There are a few key points I will be focusing on now, which I will edit and expand on as rhe game progresses.

1)Attitude:
Before you do anything else, always remember to be kind towards players. If I saw someone insulting someone else, I KNOW I wouldn't do any deals with them. Just remember, the person you insulted yesterday may have the dream deal you need today. Also, don't spam. People don't respect the constant repetitive seller who is relentless in their selling messages.

2)Inventory:
You have a limited amount of space. Liquidate that which you don't need for quick money. Then you can sell the rest using...

3)The Consignment Store:
*The CS (also known as the auction house) is the area in Kraag City and Traveler's Outpost where you can sell your goods to other players without having to spam the base looking for buyers.

*Remember though, there is a fee for listing items in the auction house!!! This means it is a great way to get rid of the little items, but when making big sales, try and use the chat feature, but again, don't spam the chat windows!

*Get a feel for the items. See the different fluctuations of the items. See which lower and increase in price, and base your sales off that. Remember, knowledge is power.

*Just wait. Be patient. Merchanting will be time consuming, but it pays off. Refer to the above, wait and watch prices. Then figure out if you should save or sell.

*S&D. Supply and Demand is a KEY part to the auction house. A low demand and a high supply = low prices. Don't bother with those. A high demand and a low supply? SELL IT.

*Undercuts. As stated earlier, the CS gets a cut of your money, so competing to have the lowest price isn't always the best thing. Bide your time.

*Snatch-ups. Always look at the CS, there might be a great deal for you to scoop up.

4)Using the chat system:
The chat system can either be your best friend, or your worst enemy. It is a great way to sell items without the CS fees and cuts. Good right? Not always. Be careful, using the chat system means no CS buying and selling for the price you wanted. It involves tough negotiations, and remember, be respectful, but also try and get the highest price possible for your goods. Say what you're selling, then wait a minute. Repeating your sales won't make anyone jump and buy them any quicker.

5)Farming:
As you read this, you may think, "what the heck is farming? We have to farm on an action game!?" No no, I made the same mistake the first time I heard it as well. Farming is running maps for gold/items. If there are no good deals, try and farm! Always try for the best items, but remember, all items are good items!

6)Rarity:
There are multiple levels of rarity. Common (white), Rare (green), Epic (dark blue), Legendary (pink). There might be vanities in the future, in which case I'll have to update this. As of now Legendaries are the rarest. Try and go for those.

7)Pets:
Pets are the companions that fight for you, and pick up your loot. Just remember, you have to feed them, or do you? When you pet is running low on energy (happiness meter), put them in the stables and let them recharge. It saves a lot of money that you can use for merchanting. Also, in the CS, you can buy pet eggs. If you have to buy eggs, try and get them cheap. But! Before you do any of that, make sure you can't do a quest to get that egg first!

I hope this guide helped, and it will updated as much as possible! Feel free to leave your feedback or other merchanting suggestions!

Thanks and good luck,
Zaonabiuibil

Very nice Guide Zao! :)

Aracnus
11-23-2012, 11:15 AM
Nice guide Zao, people can learn from your expertise now ;)

Mister rogers
11-23-2012, 11:24 AM
How do u get eggs? O.e only elite places, or what???

Zaonabiuibil
11-23-2012, 11:26 AM
How do u get eggs? O.e onky elite places, or what???

I dropped an Aspen egg in regular gold mines, and one of my guildies dropped Esteban in normal village. So I'm going to assume they drop from any map, except for the quest eggs which you have to do the quests for.

BodMaster
11-23-2012, 11:37 AM
Nice job Zao! Main things that I fully agree with and work a charm are, Supply and Demand, knowing what's rare/sells gd. And always keep an eye out for a good deal.

Someone selling a Ranger hood 10k, I purchased, sold for 100k (90k profit), the person that bought it off me sold it for 150k and so on. (Hopefully found a new home for someone to enjoy, but re-sell works too. (I'm a massive Horde xD)

How do u get eggs? O.e only elite places, or what???

Best bet, read the Stable info, all stated where and how to get the pet you need/want.

Sledge
11-23-2012, 11:39 AM

Astrocat
11-23-2012, 11:40 AM

Lololol!!

flashbackflip
11-23-2012, 11:42 AM
Nice guide bro!

I would like to add that there is little sense to sell lower than 5-10k, as CS cuts you about 10% at 10k and about 35-50% if you sell low..

I think (and hope) this is a bug to be fixed unless STS really wants to inflate economy

Cya in game

Shonex
11-23-2012, 12:17 PM
Great guide as always Zao,keep up the good work ;)

Zaonabiuibil
11-23-2012, 12:17 PM
Nice guide bro!

I would like to add that there is little sense to sell lower than 5-10k, as CS cuts you about 10% at 10k and about 35-50% if you sell low..

I think (and hope) this is a bug to be fixed unless STS really wants to inflate economy

Cya in game

Agree here. Usually I just give away the little ones.

Mister rogers
11-23-2012, 02:03 PM
I dropped an Aspen egg in regular gold mines, and one of my guildies dropped Esteban in normal village. So I'm going to assume they drop from any map, except for the quest eggs which you have to do the quests for.

K n how do they work? Like is it like a chest, where u tap on it n it breaks?

Ark
11-23-2012, 02:08 PM
Another way to get rich is to just buy platinum and transfer it into gold lolol :p. But if you wanna try Zaon's way, that's good too ;).

Zaonabiuibil
11-23-2012, 02:48 PM
Yes.

Another way to get rich is to just buy platinum and transfer it into gold lolol :p. But if you wanna try Zaon's way, that's good too ;).

LMAO! <3 Arkie

draegor
11-23-2012, 03:23 PM
Lol. I still can't find them.

Mitchturbo
11-23-2012, 03:56 PM
Good guide zao :-)

BodMaster
11-23-2012, 04:48 PM

Yup. Located in Chest Slot, Hatch by opening, if you already have the pet, you get a message that says you already have the pet. (So you don't open a pet you already have)

Jblazer
11-25-2012, 10:08 PM
Great guide bro!

Leftro
11-26-2012, 12:10 AM
The best of the best guides!

shadow90
12-03-2012, 06:10 AM
If you are selling epic items
Check the person who is currently selling the cheapest price there
If it's below 300 gold
It ain't worth selling

octavos
12-04-2012, 05:07 PM
thz for post zao...lookin good :p

Zaonabiuibil
12-08-2012, 08:55 PM
Added events just in case AL does have a holiday event. If not, it'll be a good thing to have at a later date.

Ladylunaree
12-09-2012, 10:47 AM
great thank you..

Worship
12-09-2012, 11:10 AM
Nice guide! Golden Rule: Buy low, sell high

Mrbananaz
12-10-2012, 02:09 AM
ty zao! :D helped alot, only reason i dont quite sts games in general :)

Helper
12-23-2012, 07:07 PM
Im learning how to be a merchant. Maybe we could be a team sometime. Add me- Unsizeable

Aeoros
12-24-2012, 07:46 AM
Very well written. Nothing much on merchanting per se, except maybe the definition which is pretty much buy low, sell high xD
But yeh, useful information on how to make money

Mhairi-ann Clark
01-07-2013, 10:52 AM
can you tell us the most profitable items please

TheStoic
01-15-2013, 09:42 PM
can you tell us the most profitable items please

There is no such thing as the most profitable item, some of the rich guys in this game has the ability to spot a good deal and profit on it.

Ex. An egg is sold to you at 1500 gold, when in fact the actual price is 30k, this is a good deal.

Wil Fred
01-19-2013, 09:24 AM
i think it's a little long, the elaboration can be shorten.

Wontwang
01-27-2013, 07:38 PM
The part about putting pet in stable to save money is so true! -__- How did I not think of this at first? :/

Snoods
01-29-2013, 03:49 PM
I didn't know the thing about the pets thanks for saying that

Alhuntrazeck
02-01-2013, 06:22 AM
Amazing guide, good job. You could've added that elite maps make for better farming than regular ones. Just a thought ;)

Zaonabiuibil
02-19-2013, 03:56 PM
Updated with chests and suggestions from players!

Keep making bank!
-Zao

-------------------
Sent using spray paint on the city walls.

moonway03
03-11-2013, 08:11 PM
Cs at paradise pier

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

Maxcd
03-18-2013, 05:14 PM
Awesome Guide!
but one question, do you normally sell chests (copper chests, silver, ect...) in the auction house, to other players via chat, or open them and sell the items inside? I would really like to know which one is the most profitable.

wowdah
03-18-2013, 05:17 PM
Awesome Guide!
but one question, do you normally sell chests (copper chests, silver, ect...) in the auction house, to other players via chat, or open them and sell the items inside? I would really like to know which one is the most profitable.

Selling by a long shot

Lalarie
03-18-2013, 06:59 PM
Good guide ;)

Arief Adhie M
05-05-2013, 07:26 PM
Good guide ;)
Hei lalarie you was here too. :D
Nice guide. It'll help me to get rich xD

TeesLab
09-15-2013, 07:20 AM
auction price is expensive, but I never success to selling my items in chat room.
for me, it's really hard to make lot of money...

I never get great items, maybe I need loot elixir?

Zethz
10-12-2013, 09:18 PM
Nce Guide