PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Legends or not?

Astrocat
11-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Before Arcane Legends release, many things has been promised and told.

It has been said this game will only be Platinum nonessential (Vanity). That parts gone out the window, along with Free Respec's and Inventory slots.

"Plats will be for vanity only"
Hmmm, sure?

It hasn't even been announced, so i'm sure we won't see it.

If Champions gear goes above 16 in this Cap raise coming, then people will just be running on Platinum items constantly not needing to farm or even try at the harder/earned stuff. (Warrior pinks come to mind).

So far every nerf, has been for one thing and one thing only, to increase Platinum sales. The Elite chests pink drop rate nerf has only increased the gold purchased to be able to afford the crazy CS prices due to how rare it is to get gear. Also the luck, I don't know what happened with it, but it's certainly not normal for a lot of us. Example, so tests I have done, more informations here:

_____

I was wondering if it was a bug, or not. But after writing down every single chests (silver, gold, copper) and bundles (from Platinum store) that I opened, I did not receive a single pink. Here's what I opened at the moment.

Looted chests:

- Silver chest: Opened 52 times, not a single pink.
- Copper chest: Opened 36 times, not a single pink.
- Gold chest: Opened 16 times, not a single pink.

Platinum/gold purchasable chests/bundles from store:

- Founder's mystery chest: Opened 75 times, not a single pink.
- Founder's weapon chest: Opened 28 times, not a single pink.

Total of chests/bundles opened: 206.
All of them were opened on my account, but on 2 different characters (to test the rate).

Items received: Greens, and rarely purples.

I'm not complaining, or telling anything bad (makes me feel bad), i'm just wondering if it's a bug, or if the chance/luck of this game is really low and depends on the characters.

-Edited, I opened even more now. Again, not a single pink BUT received a common. This is making me really upset!
-Edited again, opened few more. STILL not a single pink!
-Edited, 30 more. STILL NO PINK.
-Much more added. No pink as usual.

Thanks!

_____

Even the best players/forumers, have even sacrificed their best gear for gold and taken the cheap option to run with on Champion's gear and Choppa's etc. Nothing is being earned at all, and this is only lvl 16 cap.

If StS were bothered then they would have balanced out the drops, so people aren't just purchasing their sets with platinum.

We all know Thrashers are coming, XP Gain Elixirs etc, as they are massive $$$ pitfalls.

The only thing I would suggest though, is getting those Chrome deals while you still can, because i'm sure they will be taken away since they are very reasonable offers for us.

Just 2 cents, but honest and true.

[SIZE=4][B][COLOR="#000000"]Btw, Thanks Bod

Yuni99
11-23-2012, 12:18 PM
Well, Let's see where the road takes us when the new content comes in, then we'll spam them with the same suggestions.

DataPunk
11-23-2012, 12:20 PM
Must be me but i get at least a pink a day from drops or chests and thats with running no luck elixers. From all mystery chests i purchased i got pinks within 10 chests of any category. I have not gotten any pinks from the mystery chest u buy for gold but i gave up pretty soon on those. I have a really hard time believing u opened 200+ chests and ddntnreceive even one pink. No offence,

Astrocat
11-23-2012, 12:21 PM
Well, Let's see where the road takes us when the new content comes in, then we'll spam them with the same suggestions.

They haven't been announced to come, so looks like they won't.

Zaonabiuibil
11-23-2012, 12:23 PM
Must be me but i get at least a pink a day from drops or chests and thats with running no luck elixers. From all mystery chests i purchased i got pinks within 10 chests of any category. I have not gotten any pinks from the mystery chest u buy for gold but i gave up pretty soon on those. I have a really hard time believing u opened 200+ chests and ddntnreceive even one pink. No offence,

Luck is random. it appears you've been blessed with the good kind, yet not everyone is. I have a really hard time even believing what you said is totally true. IMO.

Words from the wise, Bod.

Astro, just don't buy more. STS will most likely change if peple just stop.

DataPunk
11-23-2012, 12:25 PM
Well I'm not lying, i see pinks drop on a regular base to other people as wel.

Astrocat
11-23-2012, 12:26 PM
To make sure: I am NOT complaining (before some people tries to start a argument). I am just proving a fact.

MasterGT
11-23-2012, 12:29 PM
Amen to everything you just said. Arcane Legends is my favorite game, but I would love it if it did not become dependent on Plat such as PL.

DataPunk
11-23-2012, 12:30 PM
I'm not trying to argue and please dont feel offended but I'm just telling you my experience. Which is a lot different from yours apparently.

Eridol
11-23-2012, 12:31 PM
I totally agree..

Every new update means: "Buy Plats"

Astrocat
11-23-2012, 12:32 PM
I'm not trying to argue and please dont feel offended but I'm just telling you my experience. Which is a lot different from yours apparently.

Hey Data! I have totally nothing against you! You are lucky, and that's good :). But when I open 200+ chests and don't get a single pink, I have the right to say these. But again, nothing to do with you :).

DataPunk
11-23-2012, 12:34 PM
Yes of course you have and i would love anyone from sts to shine a light on this. But they probably won't. Opening over a200 chests with no pink is ridiculous and i agree on that no worries. :-)

DataPunk
11-23-2012, 12:35 PM
I would ask for a refund lol

Astrocat
11-23-2012, 12:37 PM
I would ask for a refund lol

I'm afraid I can't do that :/.

Jhawkeye
11-23-2012, 12:40 PM
Dang. I must be very lucky. I got pink founders helm my first platinum bought chest and two pinks from looted chests. I've only have 10 total. 2 platinum bought and 8 looted.

Yuni99
11-23-2012, 12:43 PM
It's just, the chances and drop rate for pinks are very very low. I need pinks, we all do >.>

Steverd
11-23-2012, 12:43 PM
Well I'm not lying, i see pinks drop on a regular base to other people as wel.

I saw two pinks drop in one run this morning. Of course I didn't get one.
Steve

Astrocat
11-23-2012, 12:44 PM
I saw two pinks drop in one run this morning. Of course I didn't get one.
Steve

That's what i'm saying, like yes sure pinks do drop, and lots of people are lucky. But the unlucky ones, are REALLY unlucky. I mean come on, luck system is pretty weird in this game.

hippl
11-23-2012, 12:46 PM
Astrocat, great post, opened 100+ chests last days: 0 pinks. ZERO.
I suppose it depends on your character somehow, don't now in what particular way though.
My vote for cutting chest drop %, but increasing chances in those chests. Cause, you know, you get elite golden chest (yay!), open it ... 3greens. It's so disappointing..

Astrocat
11-23-2012, 12:48 PM
Cause, you know, you get elite golden chest (yay!), open it ... 3greens. It's so disappointing..

Disss! +1.

Cuteandsmexy
11-23-2012, 12:50 PM
I agree with everything you said. But i would like to add that pets drop from daily quests more often.

Astrocat
11-23-2012, 12:52 PM
I agree with everything you said. But i would like to add that pets drop from daily quests more often.

I agree.

Sledge
11-23-2012, 12:54 PM
Ahh, it's always so refreshing when I see someone address these types of issues maturely. It goes without saying that you can't make everybody happy, but it seems to me that, in this community especially (perhaps the demographic, ie; lots of younger players?), people overlook the fact that Spacetime isn't tailoring the game specifically to their needs. The developer is obviously doing their best to hear us out and build a better "bigger picture". MMORPG veterans could tell you that's a hell of a lot more than you should expect.

With that being said, you raise a lot if valid points and I respect not only your wording, but the research you've put into them. Good on you, O.P.

What I identify with most is your concerns regarding armor packs and other non-vanity equipment. Normally I just suck it up, but normally developers don't even blink an eye at player opinions. As a proud supporter and contributer, I also plead for the folks at Spacetime to let this one be different. Your previous titles were fantastic, but from what I gather, your more "diehard" MMO players share the same concern.

This game you have here is phenomenal. Obviously, you're aware of your success, but I can't stress to you enough that this game is literally MONUMENTAL. Smartphone MMO's are terrible. Even the ones you might pass off as playable have a serious drawback, be it sluggish controls or a poor interface. But 9 out of 10 times it's the item shop that spoils it. Most companies don't care about that. They're still making money.. But most companies made terrible games to begin with. Arcane Legends has the potential to go down as the MMORPG that defined smartphone gaming. Please let it continue on wiping its butt with Order & Chaos.

Praise his noodly appendages,
- Sledge -

Cuteandsmexy
11-23-2012, 12:55 PM
And the 25% luck elixer is horrible it doesn't work right.

Astrocat
11-23-2012, 12:56 PM
I miss Order & Chaos, but I have much more addiction in StS games! :)

Yuni99
11-23-2012, 01:07 PM
Ahh, it's always so refreshing when I see someone address these types of issues maturely. It goes without saying that you can't make everybody happy, but it seems to me that, in this community especially (perhaps the demographic, ie; lots of younger players?), people overlook the fact that Spacetime isn't tailoring the game specifically to their needs. The developer is obviously doing their best to hear us out and build a better "bigger picture". MMORPG veterans could tell you that's a hell of a lot more than you should expect.

With that being said, you raise a lot if valid points and I respect not only your wording, but the research you've put into them. Good on you, O.P.

What I identify with most is your concerns regarding armor packs and other non-vanity equipment. Normally I just suck it up, but normally developers don't even blink an eye at player opinions. As a proud supporter and contributer, I also plead for the folks at Spacetime to let this one be different. Your previous titles were fantastic, but from what I gather, your more "diehard" MMO players share the same concern.

This game you have here is phenomenal. Obviously, you're aware of your success, but I can't stress to you enough that this game is literally MONUMENTAL. Smartphone MMO's are terrible. Even the ones you might pass off as playable have a serious drawback, be it sluggish controls or a poor interface. But 9 out of 10 times it's the item shop that spoils it. Most companies don't care about that. They're still making money.. But most companies made terrible games to begin with. Arcane Legends has the potential to go down as the MMORPG that defined smartphone gaming. Please let it continue on wiping its butt with Order & Chaos.

Praise his noodly appendages,
- Sledge -

This game has great potential as a MMORPG game for a smartphone. From what I've seen, Order & Chaos sucks. This game can be turned around completely and be made into a real mmorpg. But you're right, I also plead for the same thing.

huckweed
11-23-2012, 01:16 PM
Just in case you aren't already, make sure you are running with a full party ... I find that pink drops happen a lot more often when you have 4 people grinding it out vs 3 or less. I can't remember getting a pink soloing. My feeling is that once I really started playing a lot that the drops I received started getting less, so it's possible that they've made it more difficult if you log a lot of hours and grind.

Astrocat
11-23-2012, 01:19 PM
Just in case you aren't already, make sure you are running with a full party ... I find that pink drops happen a lot more often when you have 4 people grinding it out vs 3 or less. I can't remember getting a pink soloing. My feeling is that once I really started playing a lot that the drops I received started getting less, so it's possible that they've made it more difficult if you log a lot of hours and grind.

Thanks but I know :p. Btw, I wasn't talking about the luck when farming, but the luck of chests.

Sledge
11-23-2012, 01:23 PM
This game has great potential as a MMORPG game for a smartphone. From what I've seen, Order & Chaos sucks. This game can be turned around completely and be made into a real mmorpg. But you're right, I also plead for the same thing.

I think that O&C helped light the way for what's possible, all though I can't give the developers much credit for simply making the twentieth WoW clone on a smaller platform. I personally only played the game long enough to lose my $7.00 (I killed a couple of wolves and began throwing up uncontrollably whilst I fumbled for the 'uninstall' button)

huckweed
11-23-2012, 01:26 PM
Thanks but I know :p. Btw, I wasn't talking about the luck when farming, but the luck of chests.

ahh yeah I see now!

mike1298
11-23-2012, 01:56 PM
For everyone claiming to open 200 vhests without a pink (elite or regular chests, not founders) I would love for STS to pull their loot log and show us. Is it really 200?

Astrocat
11-23-2012, 02:10 PM
For everyone claiming to open 200 vhests without a pink (elite or regular chests, not founders) I would love for STS to pull their loot log and show us. Is it really 200?

No, it's not 200. It's 206.

iprotectnoobs
11-23-2012, 02:15 PM
IF they release even stronger elixirs we know what direction theyre going with AL then. Soon, only rich players will be "pro" and nothing will be based on skill again. I like how they kept the elixirs down to only +50% but if they do more then screw this.

Astrocat
11-23-2012, 02:21 PM
IF they release even stronger elixirs we know what direction theyre going with AL then. Soon, only rich players will be "pro" and nothing will be based on skill again. I like how they kept the elixirs down to only +50% but if they do more then screw this.

Ikr! :/

mike1298
11-23-2012, 02:21 PM
I agree if they add more elixers I will most likely quit. I want what they promised, plat would be vanity only.

Sledge
11-23-2012, 02:29 PM
I'm wondering if the drop rate was too high to begin with. There is an excessive number of almost every item on consignment. That does suck about the elite chests, though.

Enisceloz
11-23-2012, 02:29 PM
This really gets to me when it comes down to actually running and farming the Elite maps. You spend so much time, money on pots, and maybe plat on elixirs (keep in mind on the same dungeons you have previously beat already) and you beat the boss and everyone in the party comes out short with a green, a purple, or chests than won't give you a pink. I think this is the main reason why the real good gear (especially the level 16 ones) are so rare, doing these runs are quite simply counter-productive!

Astrocat
11-23-2012, 02:46 PM
" plats will only be for vanity ''

Sure... i'm waiting..

Linthar
11-23-2012, 03:04 PM
I don't mind the platinum, it's just STS makes it that you basically have to have pay for play, to be the best geared. If they made it where you could trade gold for plat, or make plat items buyable through gold it'd be a little better. I have only spent $10 on this game, and that was to buy my guild a GH. That's all the money I'm spending on this game too.

and about pinks, I've probably opened about 110 copper chests, 50 silver, and about 20 gold chests, and I have only got like 2 pinks. And they were worth like 8k each lol...

My opinion, you have to do lots, and lots, of farming to get the godly gear. The thing i do hate about the godly gears for warriors, is they don't have strength, well the ones that I've seen. I prefer, armor and strength. As of now I have 565 armor and 180 strength. And I spent about 80k total for my helm, and armor. Spent 60k on my axe. You can still get good gear, without paying the 500k people put it up for. So I think my toon is pretty well equipped atm.

Nightarcher
11-23-2012, 03:10 PM
STS has done an INCREDIBLE job with AL so far. If you haven't noticed, the elixirs give a pretty small boost (a huge step up from the PL elixir-dominated world) and the best items can all be farmed. In terms of founder chests... when you gamble, don't complain if you lose. Honestly. It says it's a rare chance, right?

I've been just as critical of platinum-bought advantages in STS games, but I believe they finally have the right formula to make their greatest game of all time—a combination of the best things about PL, SL, and DL. They have the experience now. Just look at AL so far: it has surpassed my wildest expectations. At this point, I think bright optimism about the future of AL is well warranted. :)

Astrocat
11-23-2012, 03:47 PM
Anyways, I just hope they keep their promises. *looksatenifreboz* :p

DataPunk
11-23-2012, 04:50 PM

I buy elixers from time to time but to me they are just about right. U get an edge from them but its not making you superman. I really hope myself they are gonna stay on this course with the elixers.

BodMaster
11-23-2012, 04:58 PM
Another thing that I hope they address is the easy slip of the hand costing Plat.

I can't remember now how many times I have pressed that Lix option on main HUD instant 2+ Plat gone. How easy it is to press an extra tap on Shaz daily 5 Plat instant. Same with Story/Hauntlet coins.

Wish they would address this issue and add some kind of confirmation.

Lagging pressing something an extra time not realising the process had already gone through, costing plat is pretty silly.

(Guess, its fine if you don't have any Plat)

Sledge
11-23-2012, 05:01 PM
Elixirs don't bother me so long as they're more "when in doubt, bust it out" than "HULK SMASH!.........today through Friday."

Short duration or long-term, I hope they put some serious restrictions on how/if they can be used in PvP.

Gassyllama
11-23-2012, 05:04 PM
To OP,

You must be the most unlucky person in AL, iv'e had pinks dropped from copper chests twice, and I only had to buy two founders chest (plat) to get a pink.

I will say the founder's chest you buy with gold is overpriced considering the almost nonexistent drop rate for pinks lol.

Astrocat
11-23-2012, 05:09 PM
To OP,

You must be the most unlucky person in AL, iv'e had pinks dropped from copper chests twice, and I only had to buy two founders chest (plat) to get a pink.

I will say the founder's chest you buy with gold is overpriced considering the almost nonexistent drop rate for pinks lol.

Then Devs should take a look at my luck cause it starts to p@$^! me off... :(.

BodMaster
11-23-2012, 05:12 PM
Lix will never be allowed in PvP, they would literally be digging their own grave if so.

maestro
11-23-2012, 05:39 PM
Looted chests:

- Silver chest: Opened 52 times, not a single pink.
- Copper chest: Opened 36 times, not a single pink.
- Gold chest: Opened 16 times, not a single pink.

Welcome to my world

Xaphan Fox
11-23-2012, 05:41 PM
Careful OP;

While STS loves genuine, polite critique of their games... any critique of the chance packs, the cost of things, value of plat, the luck system, or methods used to coerce in-game purchases is usually met with a lock or infractions. Since SL beta days, I've never seen a thread covering any topic close to this ever end... well. No matter how maturely handled.

Woof

Sledge
11-23-2012, 05:51 PM
It's possible that the developers are winding down the drop rate intentionally. Maybe it was just me, but my original impression was that the drop rate was too high. I was acquiring new gear at such a rapid pace, I'd replace my pinks and purples before I had a chance to try 'em on. It no longer felt rewarding to me and I nearly lost strayed away from the game.

Maybe now that we're approaching launch, they're hitting the breaks on the drop rate. Population is at a peak and that would've been the stress test. Most people are pretty much geared up and ready to go, so the best move might've been to pull back on it. Just a thought, anyhow.

Astrocat
11-23-2012, 05:54 PM
Tbh, im tired of not being heard for the most important things.

Sledge
11-23-2012, 06:03 PM
Tbh, im tired of not being heard for the most important things.

That's understandable. This type of situation can and will be frustrating. But when it really comes to community feedback and developers, I think Notch (Markus Persson) said it best.

"It's still my game."

Chickenrunnn
11-23-2012, 06:17 PM
I opened a golden chest n got 2 pinks :O ..

I guess I'm being lucky...

limitbreak
11-23-2012, 06:31 PM
I can say thay I can afford 30,50,100 worth of dollars of platinum easy, but me aswell is against to Op items like other people are saying.

If ANY OF STS read this, Im hoping that if not here in AL, maybe in the future Sts games,THEY SHOULD IMPLEMENT A 2ND CLASS/JOB, or if that is really hard to develop/implement, maybe they should like add 2 additional skills for each class when they reach a certain level, now we can call that 2nd job lol, coz basically mmos 2nd job/ class is just adding additional skills lol. In this way players will be motivated to level up and not playing same type of char over and over

Xaphan Fox
11-23-2012, 07:21 PM
I have a brain tumor

Sledge
11-23-2012, 07:40 PM
I have a brain tumor

Well then you, good fellow, should order the clam chowder that gets rid of brain tumors.

I would also like to note that out of curiosity (and the sale of Fire Choppa of Lethality), I bought four or five 1k mystery chests to see if I'd get something good. Greens. Greens. Couple blues... and a Fire Choppa of Lethality.

Somebodies dining on poached seal tonight!

Kuero
11-23-2012, 07:56 PM
Lmao, you just copied bodmasters post. You are hurting copyrights rofl

Astrocat
11-23-2012, 07:59 PM
Lmao, you just copied bodmasters post. You are hurting copyrights rofl

Nope, i've talked with my boddy in PM ;).
And added a lot more.

Pulkeren
11-23-2012, 08:14 PM
its all about luck!!! its boring if every chest gives you a pink and i dont like everyone look like the same.. and plss STS make this pinks so rare and dont ever3x change the drop rate.. if you guys cant get pink so be it .. it needs patience and luck .. if STS change the drop rate its gonna be a boring game. coz every chest you get gives u a pink.. and everyone has the same look

Astrocat
11-23-2012, 08:16 PM
Okey guys let's leave it now. I might edit main post as I do not want any arguments or flame wars!

Kuero
11-23-2012, 08:17 PM
New OnC game:

http://youtu.be/RQBVViXnChY

BodMaster
11-23-2012, 08:59 PM
GL though... \:

Am I the only one not interested in this at all since it was announced last OnC Content update? Grafix look "flashy/sparkly", but just looking at it seems boring to me, and slow gameplay. (But could be wrong)

Kuero
11-23-2012, 09:05 PM
Yea, I just tried it. (Didnt know it was out already) I was totally excited about the trailer. The chars do even speak. But the game sucks. I hate moba games.
They should rename it into fail of order and chaos. Even DHIII were better

BodMaster
11-23-2012, 09:10 PM
Yea, I just tried it. (Didnt know it was out already) I was totally excited about the trailer. The chars do even speak. But the game sucks. I hate moba games.
They should rename it into fail of order and chaos. Even DHIII were better

Phew, thanks for testing it out. No apple device here, droid most likely won't see it for another 6+ months like their content updates.

Sledge
11-23-2012, 09:14 PM
New OnC game:

http://youtu.be/RQBVViXnChY

Oh, I see they installed Burning Crusade.

Kuero
11-23-2012, 09:22 PM
Phew, thanks for testing it out. No apple device here, droid most likely won't see it for another 6+ months like their content updates.

It's announced for all platforms: iPhone, iPad and android. It should be on android already

BodMaster
11-23-2012, 09:28 PM
It's announced for all platforms: iPhone, iPad and android. It should be on android already

Not on SGIII bud, guess I could check on N7 when I have a spare minute or two.

Kuero
11-23-2012, 09:34 PM
This is what you get to play

http://youtu.be/_KN5cVT78XI

Hate it.

But dam that girl has a S**y voice! If I would ever meet a girl in real life with a voice like that I would be hers 😍

ShadowGunX
11-23-2012, 10:33 PM
i m beggining to hate this wen i see prices in cs nd no pinks from gold chest. bt i like this game coz its unique from other MMOs. so i rarely see cs nd jst help ppl out in guild who cant go through a quest. nd u sell gold chest in cs. lol. helping others make me feel happy. B-)

Pf flyer
11-23-2012, 10:43 PM
Yea tried it. Disappointment. Pick either 3v3 or 5v5. Each match u start at L1. Level resets after each match :/

Linthar
11-23-2012, 10:51 PM
The luck is just like any game. You could have ****ty luck, or good luck. You can't really blame it on STS.... I have decent luck, but i understand MMORPGs since I have been playing them my whole life. So it's alright for me. I mean if you did one elite run and got the rarest item in game, would it be fun? Farming the item is the fun part, after awhile it pisses you off I agree, but the fun in the game is the hunting the items!!

Sledge
11-23-2012, 11:57 PM
Yea tried it. Disappointment. Pick either 3v3 or 5v5. Each match u start at L1. Level resets after each match :/

Pf flyer. Guaranteed to make a player run faster and jump higher.

Jhawkeye
11-24-2012, 09:32 AM
Btw, is there a cs in this game? lol I've been asking for two days and noone has answered..

Deathpunch
11-24-2012, 11:25 AM
Btw, is there a cs in this game? lol I've been asking for two days and noone has answered..

Yes. Traders outpost and Kraag.

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment

Pf flyer
11-24-2012, 01:20 PM
Pf flyer. Guaranteed to make a player run faster and jump higher.

Yeeee :D

BodMaster
11-24-2012, 01:34 PM
The luck is just like any game. You could have ****ty luck, or good luck. You can't really blame it on STS.... I have decent luck, but i understand MMORPGs since I have been playing them my whole life. So it's alright for me. I mean if you did one elite run and got the rarest item in game, would it be fun? Farming the item is the fun part, after awhile it pisses you off I agree, but the fun in the game is the hunting the items!!

Not exactly, in this game it's all based on luck and how much StS want you to throw into Plat > Gold ratio.

At least farmed gear is possible when you know a certain boss is dropping, here just continue to farm chests and hope not to get Greens/Purps each time.

I'm big on low drop rates, but lowering drop rates of pinks in already "chance" chests isn't the same thing, and all it has done is raised things like Elite gear Lvl 15/16 = 50k now.. 500k/1mill, at lvl 16 cap..

Xaphan Fox
11-24-2012, 01:51 PM
I am floored this post still exists

Astrocat
11-24-2012, 02:16 PM

Ok.

DontNerfMeBro
11-24-2012, 02:20 PM

My experiences have been almost identical to this post. hard to imagine the OPs luck is as bad as mentioned.

Xaphan Fox
11-24-2012, 02:23 PM

Ok.

Referring to it not being locked or deleted yet.

Astrocat
11-24-2012, 02:49 PM
Referring to it not being locked or deleted yet.

Ok.