PDA

View Full Version : Invite to Party????

Steverd
11-23-2012, 11:43 PM
What is Invite to Party?
I usually say NO, because I don't understand it. Is there any advantage to be in a party?
Can I turn off the 'Invite to Party'?

Thanks

Sledge
11-24-2012, 01:50 AM
What is Invite to Party?
I usually say NO, because I don't understand it. Is there any advantage to be in a party?
Can I turn off the 'Invite to Party'?

Thanks

By default, when you finish a zone and move forward or leave, you and the people you're with will be split up and placed at their next destination. Whether or not they end up in the same instance as you is (I believe) dependent on timing and randomized placement.

But if you and the players you're with form a party, you'll remain with each other when zoning. You'll also have the ability to port to any separate zone(s) that your party members might be in, and may also communicate with them in a private party chat.

You can turn off party invitations in one of the options menu. Try the social tab. :)

Fyrce
11-24-2012, 02:46 AM
There are pluses and minuses to partying.

Plus: You can stick together as you zone. You can form the party in town with your friends. You can rejoin your party if you go to town, etc. Your area is reserved for your party members only.

Minus: Your area will be reserved for your party members. If your party members suck, no one else can join you guys. You'll have to leave the party and restart the area, then reform a/your party. Or reform party first, then start the area.