PDA

View Full Version : FCing Issues: "Go To" & "Join" Options

Lady_Pebbles
11-24-2012, 12:01 AM
DEVICE: Samsung Galaxy S1 (The "Vibrant" phone)
ROOTED?? -No-
CONNECTION: 3G

GAME VERSION: 1.0.3.0g

THE PROBLEM: Selecting the "Go To" opions on the Quest Log and Friends Lists leads to a loading page that freezes & force closes the app.

STEPS:
1. Login, get your daily reward & ally.
2. Select the Quest Log via the button on the top right hand corner of the HUD.
---OR Select the Social option for the friends list or parrty list.
3. Select a quest, try to join a friend or use the "go to party" option once I joined a party.
---Quest I've been trying is titled "The Dodo's Stones"
4. At the loading screen, the pup keeps walking then I notice he stops and a few seconds later my phone vibrates (which is a sign the app is about to crash). Then a few seconds after that, it vibrates again and the app force closes.

NOTES: This happens very often. Even happens sometimes when I log in and do my daily of collecting from Shazbot.

Deathpunch
11-24-2012, 08:05 AM
Sounds like this may be your issue:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=75441

Easiest fix would be to wait for STS to fix it. Quickest way would be to root and flash a non froyo ROM. Other than those two options, I don't think there is any way around the force closes. :/

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment

Lady_Pebbles
11-24-2012, 01:12 PM
Thanks luv, might be the same issue but this happens on my phone (not so much on my tab) even without the sound being on. However some other FCs do happen with sound on so I posted in that thread too. Thanks hun. :)

Deathpunch
11-24-2012, 01:22 PM
Thanks luv, might be the same issue but this happens on my phone (not so much on my tab) even without the sound being on. However some other FCs do happen with sound on so I posted in that thread too. Thanks hun. :)

I also know that Samsung sound drivers have never really played well with STS games in the past. I remember there being people with that issue when SL first released. However, I refrained from mentioning it as at least one person has had it on a Sony device. Still, of all the people listing their devices, they are all Samsung except one, so it could still be a driver issue. :) Also, you're quite welcome.

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment

Lady_Pebbles
11-25-2012, 06:51 PM
Im having the sound issue with my Archos Tab too tho and I know people with Samsung devices that don't have any of these problems so it has to be an internal bug on their end.

Im not quite sure these bugs on this thread is related to all that though. Seems like a seperate issue luv.

MeGaDuMb
11-27-2012, 11:57 AM
lol ! We had this in PL after an update two or three years ago.
Heck, I seem to remember this happening in SL as well ;-)

Samhayne
11-27-2012, 11:58 AM
Yup, probably the known issue with sounds and that version of Android. I think at this point the team is considering making a special version of the game that doesn't have sound. :(

Deathpunch
11-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Yup, probably the known issue with sounds and that version of Android. I think at this point the team is considering making a special version of the game that doesn't have sound. :(

Well, as I usually play at work with the sound turns all the way down this wouldn't be a big deal to me. ;) But, I'm probably in the minority there.

-----
Note to reader: This post should likely be read in a sarcastic tone of voice.