PDA

View Full Version : :Suggestion: Mail and Inbox's

Ekoze
09-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Having an Indox/Mail system in-game would be really convenient for players and so you can just leave a player a message and not have to wait until they're online to tell them something.

Arterra
09-12-2010, 05:09 PM
i can see this taking a lot of data and memory that could be used elsewhere... i can see the point, but imagine inactive people accumulating messages and never having them deleted or read.

Rnrking
09-12-2010, 05:56 PM
great idea the only problem is if say u got a rare wep like a hammer and everyone in towne sees u have it well then they spam ur inbox asking to buy it.

KingFu
09-12-2010, 05:57 PM
I think the spamming could be prevented.

This has been suggested many times before, and I like it, but I think they're working towards it.

Rnrking
09-12-2010, 05:59 PM
how would u prevent spamming?

KingFu
09-12-2010, 06:02 PM
Have an option to only let friends message you with your inbox, others can only message you when you're online. Or have a 1 minute wait for each person after each message is sent.

Rnrking
09-12-2010, 06:03 PM
haha didnt even think about only friends could message u lol!

KingFu
09-12-2010, 06:08 PM
I was thinking to have 2 kinds of messaging. One, instant message, how the messaging system is now. You can only message someone while they're online, and it's instant. Two, how you can message someone while they're on, or offline, and only friends can message them this way. The messages would be put into an inbox and you can read them at any time.

Rnrking
09-12-2010, 06:12 PM
sounds perfect to me maybe the devs could be good and include this in the ao3 update wherever that is lol

bmc85uk
09-12-2010, 06:47 PM
How about you just block spam by tying it in to the ignore list, and to save on data make all messages expire within 15-30 days (regardless of whether they've been read or not).

Make messages cost a few gold to send, like a postage fee, but a good sink for an already inflated economy.

Allow attachments - gold, potions or items (one item per message), if unclaimed - returned to the sender on message expiry.

Mail could also be tied in to guild announcements.

Justg
09-12-2010, 06:48 PM
Great ideas! I think Cinco is designing this to be part of the same release as the Auction Haus.

Flamin
09-12-2010, 07:40 PM
Ok so it should cost 20 gold to send a message, and messages only stay in your inbox for 2 weeks then are automatically deleted. This would solve the problem of spamming and memory.

Flamin
09-12-2010, 07:41 PM
How about you just block spam by tying it in to the ignore list, and to save on data make all messages expire within 15-30 days (regardless of whether they've been read or not).

Make messages cost a few gold to send, like a postage fee, but a good sink for an already inflated economy.

Allow attachments - gold, potions or items (one item per message), if unclaimed - returned to the sender on message expiry.

Mail could also be tied in to guild announcements.

I absolutely agree.

KingFu
09-12-2010, 07:42 PM
The inbox. I disagree. I think you should delete them if you choose so and your inbox can fill up like the forums.

The gold. I completely disagree. Why have a useless charging fee for people to send a message? Then noobs can't send messages or anything. I am againt those ideas. Sey

Arterra
09-12-2010, 08:02 PM
2 weeks a little long. i dont need more than 3 days. only friends sounds good though

Ekoze
12-12-2010, 10:19 PM
you could do the same thing as with chat though, you can have a list of people that you ignore, and if a messages is say, older than 30 days, it gets deleted by the server, that wouldn't take up as much memory as people would think.

omnipresence
12-13-2010, 02:49 PM
I think there should be a 2 week time frame once read and maybe something longer for unread messages (like 60 days). There should also be a maximum size for each message.

As for gold, maybe allow 1 or 2 free messages a day and then start charging. Maybe increase the cost as messaging volume goes up (20 gold for first 10, 50 gold for 11 - 20, etc). This would cut down on spam, help inflation, and allow noobs to participate. Be really nice if you could send items / gold / pots / etc. Maybe cost more gold to attach them to the message.

superglut2
12-13-2010, 03:14 PM
Works fine on WoW so i approve ;)

Ekoze
12-22-2010, 03:05 PM
For unread you could have like 30 days until the server deletes it, if its read, then the user can delete it or the server does after 30 days. Charging people to send messages is a dumb idea though, I think sending them should be free.