PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Is it possible to make this game like Guild War?

Hai5
04-23-2010, 05:17 AM
Instead making seperate rooms and seperate towns, is it possible to connect them all like how it's done in Guild War? Player appears in town when entering the game but towns will have multiple channels to limit amount of people in it, each channel is like one town such as town1, town2, town3, etc. Upon leaving the town, player will enter first battle field like the forest haven but forest haven will also have multiple channels like forest haven1, forest haven2, forest haven3, etc. Each forest haven will have max 5 players in a party(or more if possible). Kind like the quick play feature currently in the game, when u tap it your character automatically enters a game. So when your charcter leaves the town, you. automatically enters a random forest haven channel. Also after finishing forest haven and one has purchased dark forest, you can proceed to dark forest after forest haven and castle after that. Right now it kinda suck that there is no point buying low level map when u could just buy the highest level map and leech xp from there(unless it's patched).

There should also be one way or two way teleport scroll implanted for instantanous travel. This is just a suggest, not sure if it is possible to design such thing. However one thing i need to point out, when the game first came out there were over 2500+ players and I think at certain point I saw 3000+ and over 800+ games. Now there are less than 500 players online and less than 200 games. The game doesn't feel like a social place, you join a town, there aren't many people in town, you can't chat with hundreds people, only maybe 20ish or 30ish. Look at IMO for example, it's a true MMORPG, I enjoy be able to chat with hundreds or even thousands players in town and battlefield, it's really a social game. I know Pocket Legends really can't be called MMORPG, at least make the town to contain more players and make it so when we start the game we always end up in a random town channel, that way at least it'll feel like a social game. What do you think?

Pixxie
04-23-2010, 05:24 AM
Read this thread about the upcoming Apple Submission.. they address some of your concerns:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?635-Preview-of-Apple-Submission-this-week-(1.1)

Shebee
04-23-2010, 05:25 AM
It's called Guild Wars.
Also there was a bug with the counting system, it was counting all the characters, not individual players online.
So if you had 2 character and you logged in, it counted you as 2.
As far as I know that is.

Pixxie
04-23-2010, 05:34 AM
It's called Guild Wars.
Also there was a bug with the counting system, it was counting all the characters, not individual players online.
So if you had 2 character and you logged in, it counted you as 2.
As far as I know that is.

I would rather they make this game like Dragon Age.. with all the high res graphics, and a fully realized mipmapped interactive 3D avatar lord of the rings themed fantastic level 90 pitchfork of doom!

..... uh, what was I saying?

Flamin
04-23-2010, 11:59 AM
Pixxie if you want a game like WoW, but lord of the rings style, then I suggest you checkout the game Lord of the Rings Online, it's the only mmorpg that takes place in JRTolken's world. But that game is for the computer, so you will just have to wait if you want a lotro style game for the iPhone. (no advertizment intended). But PL has lots of potential and I'm sure it will become a great game.

Caspi
04-23-2010, 03:42 PM
Instead of asking for a game like *insert mmo here* let's hope that PL is totaly orginal instead. Much more fun that way