PDA

View Full Version : Worried About Masterchief...

Spiritualist
09-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Guys,

I've had an interesting conversation just now with Masterchief - I don't want to go into the details but I fear that his account was hacked in-game and that perhaps it wasn't really him. I've never really chatted with him so I couldn't really tell whether it was him or not, but the conversation was "weird".

Have any of you had any interesting conversations with him (you'll know what I mean) and if so, was it really him?

Curious...

TheSnowman
09-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Hey spiritualist exactly the same thing happened to me around 30 minutes after you had talked to me about your suspicions. I think i've got a screenshot so i'll post it when i can.

TheSnowman
09-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Heres the pic:

http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae148/Vildax/86785f14.jpg

This is the guy who did the massive giveaway is this really what you expect he would be doing. The last time i saw him on the forum a few days ago he was doing a sort of lottery give away. He seems to have gone from one extreme to the other. Also he just disappeared right after this.

KingFu
09-12-2010, 06:25 PM
IMO, what is the likelihood of his forums account, and in game account being "hacked" and him not saying this until afterwards. I think if it really was, he would've messaged spacetime, or made a forum account and posted this. Just my opinion. I played with him like yesterday, he seemed normal, didn't say a word about this.

Chickdigcookies
09-12-2010, 06:27 PM
eh, hes asked people for money before.

i think its him, or a family member...maybe a little brother.

he could be sad he gave so much with no PL shield...eh.

KingFu
09-12-2010, 06:28 PM
I think its more likely someone is inn his account begging for gold than someone went on his account giving away stuff. I mean. It was a huge thing going on. He'd know about it.

Hayabusaz
09-12-2010, 06:55 PM
WTF is the problem !? I didn't ask for gold !!!
What the heck !?!?
I couldn't log In for like 4 hours .. Is it a bug ?

-Peace, MC

Hayabusaz
09-12-2010, 06:56 PM
EDIT : wait , why do I have no more gold ? Did I got hacked or something !?

-Peace , MC

TheSnowman
09-12-2010, 06:57 PM
This needs sorting immediately.

Royce
09-12-2010, 06:59 PM
What the heck !?!?

So then this wasn't you?

http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae148/Vildax/86785f14.jpg

If not, then it would seem someone has your account info. I would change your password, and email the devs at support[AT]spacetimestudios.com

TheSnowman
09-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Yeh but now we can't be sure if the person in the forum is him or not and he is just trying to get more money. (no offence if this isn't the case but how can we be certain)

bmc85uk
09-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Does anyone know your password or have access to your iDevice masterchief?

You should email the problem to support(at)spacetimestudios.com.

Royce
09-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Yeh but now we can't be sure if the person in the forum is him or not and he is just trying to get more money. (no offence if this isn't the case but how can we be certain)

Regardless, the devs are the appropriate people to handle this. They can look at device IDs and IP addresses using his account in game, and probably also look at forum logins.

TheSnowman
09-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Fair enough i just thought i'd point that out. Masterchief has done so many great things for the community i don't want to see him become a victim of a hack.

Conradin
09-12-2010, 08:16 PM
i was pmed too by mc asking for gold

jonboy
09-12-2010, 08:26 PM
Strangely he asked me the same question this morning, I pmed back asking what he needed it for but got no reply.

did you get hacked MC
http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae281/boganslaw/IMG_0711.png

I also notice that is the exact same wording the other SS

DawnInfinity
09-12-2010, 08:34 PM
He's asked me for money as well, but this was a few days ago.

kurl
09-12-2010, 08:35 PM
wow something must be going on .. he mustve attracted so much attention that some guy who knows how to hack hacked his but it might be a problem..

KingFu
09-12-2010, 08:35 PM
Bahahhaah jonboy. Blk asked to buy my helm today. (Thoth) I sold him it for 40K rofl

jonboy
09-12-2010, 08:54 PM
Bahahhaah jonboy. Blk asked to buy my helm today. (Thoth) I sold him it for 40K rofl

Lol Mystic, this morning Blk was like, what helm is that, I say Helm of Thoth, his reply..."That is sick" he was obviouly keen for one.

KingFu
09-12-2010, 09:11 PM
Well, since banned isn't around to say it. I guess I will.

Masterchief. Cocaine is one he'll of a drug.

Dashony
09-12-2010, 09:25 PM
same here he asked me for gold and and than he joined my game but didnt play just asked again and i said i have some in stash and he left !? I found it wierd

goatycoady
09-12-2010, 09:27 PM
he asked me for money also same exact words lol1 and now that we r on this subject... i have had like 7 ppl tell my there account has been hacked and they have lost all of their gold and pinks for example on the top of my head...... mrdeath, ikaboo, machomico, thats all i can think of right now..... but is this true or do they lie?:0

vulgarstrike
09-12-2010, 09:28 PM
truly scary. there's the exorciser past your dark dreary window

LIGHTNINGLORD67
09-12-2010, 09:29 PM

What happened to banned anyway?

cry
09-12-2010, 09:30 PM

You have confused me, master is on cocaine?
Of all the drugs he should used, meth, acid, speed, heroine etc.

EricGenz
09-12-2010, 09:38 PM
i gave u 800k just now man... u said u needed 830k or ur account will be banned. whats going on?

Raxie
09-12-2010, 09:43 PM
wow! 800k?
i said i'm so sorry about his dad dying and he replied with an emote; :'). and then i asked him some questions but he didn't answer me.

EricGenz
09-12-2010, 09:46 PM
so it wasnt him??? .........

Raxie
09-12-2010, 09:50 PM
i'm not exactly sure... either he is very shocked because of his father's death and doesn't know what he's doing or he got hacked.

Hadesofshadow
09-12-2010, 11:08 PM
Devs dont reply when you email support and ive noticed a few people saying theyve been hacked

Azrael
09-13-2010, 12:08 AM
i never understood why someone with the knowledge to actually hack someone else account and steal their password would possibly waste their time doing so in a video game. I mean honestly, its not like its that easy to rip someone's password out of the airwaves of the internet or it would be much more widespread. That said, its certainly possible but more likely would be a real life contact of his got his info by other means than hacking. Of course, it also seems more likely that someone just got a hold of his phone and played the game, and messed around.

Regardless. Spacetime and the account owner [Edit:] are the other people who should be concerned with this one.

jonboy
09-13-2010, 01:16 AM
Did you mean, ...are the only people who should be concerned with this one.

As that makes more sense.

Elffy
09-13-2010, 01:34 AM
Fishy Hmmm

Azrael
09-13-2010, 01:42 AM
Did you mean, ...are the only people who should be concerned with this one.

As that makes more sense.

yes, edited

Spiritualist
09-13-2010, 02:12 AM
What the heck !?!?

-Peace, MCIt's interesting to hear other people's views. He certainly did ask for gold as many of you know. Perhaps I'm being paranoid a bit but this message doesn't look like how MC would typically write. Just look at his other posts. For now, I'm thinking that someone else is using his account, device or similar so I would suggest that people deal with him with some caution until this is cleared.

Raxie
09-13-2010, 02:19 AM
i looked at his posts and usually he capitalizes every first letter of every word. however, this time he didn't...

jonboy
09-13-2010, 02:19 AM

Charlie Murphy.

Hayabusaz
09-13-2010, 02:27 AM
Hi Guys ,
It's Me Masterchief , Problem Resolved -_-"
The Little Button " Remember Password " Was On , So My Bro Went On It !
Everything Is Back To Normal ... lol , Weird Story O.o

PS: Guys , Its Really Me ! Ask Me Anything I Will Answer !

-Peace , MC

Spiritualist
09-13-2010, 02:40 AM
i looked at his posts and usually he capitalizes every first letter of every word. however, this time he didn't...Indeed, but I didn't want to post that in case a fake MC read that and then posted a capitalised post... see post above.

Hmmm...

jonboy
09-13-2010, 02:51 AM
So ok weird I guess.

Hayabusaz
09-13-2010, 02:52 AM
Indeed, but I didn't want to post that in case a fake MC read that and then posted a capitalised post... see post above.

Hmmm...

Comon Guys ! It's Me !
Before It Was My Bro !
Ask me anything :(

Raxie
09-13-2010, 02:54 AM
now he capitalises everything...
master, what did you give me in your giveaway thread? was it an item or money; if it was an item, which item? if it was money how much?

jonboy
09-13-2010, 02:54 AM
Dude its cool your bro is going through stuff obviously as well considering your grief. Take care.

Raxie
09-13-2010, 03:03 AM
answer my question, then.
did you give me an item or money? if it was an item, which item and if was money how much money? you will know if you are the real masterchief; we had a long talk.

Hayabusaz
09-13-2010, 03:56 AM
answer my question, then.
did you give me an item or money? if it was an item, which item and if was money how much money? you will know if you are the real masterchief; we had a long talk.

Dude I Gave Money And Stuff To A Lot Of People !
I Don't Really Remember !
I Know That I Was Sad Of Not Being Awarded A PL Shield !
Darn man !

It's Me !!

Ask Other Questions If You Like !

-Peace, MC

Raxie
09-13-2010, 04:00 AM
what did you say you'll give me if you got a pl shield?
you must remember this because we had a long talk about it.

Hayabusaz
09-13-2010, 04:07 AM
you must remember this because we had a long talk about it.

I Said I Will Give You Something Like :

- Ursan Kite Shield

- Zuraz Lance

- And Millions Gold

Don't Remember Exactly But Thats What I Remember ;-)
Ask Others If You want

-Peace, MC

Raxie
09-13-2010, 04:45 AM
ok guys. master and i just had a long talk and i'm 100% positive that it's him.
and he just answered my question correctly so guys, don't spam him and let him be. masterchief is the real guy.

Spiritualist
09-13-2010, 04:48 AM
you must remember this because we had a long talk about it.Nice one! It's those sorts of details that will prove or disprove who MC is. I've yet to see the current-MC provide anyone with some firm details about conversations that no one else would know about and as you say, I'm sure he'd remember conversations about a PL Shield.

Spiritualist
09-13-2010, 04:49 AM
ok guys. master and i just had a long talk and i'm 100% positive that it's him.
and he just answered my question correctly so guys, don't spam him and let him be. masterchief is the real guy.OK, that's cool... we'll take your word for it.

(Unless you've been brided into taking half of the gains! ;))

Glad to see you back MC. Only looking out for you. Btw, smack your bro' on the head for me.

Hayabusaz
09-13-2010, 04:54 AM
OK, that's cool... we'll take your word for it.

(Unless you've been brided into taking half of the gains! ;))

Glad to see you back MC. Only looking out for you. Btw, smack your bro' on the head for me.

Did ! Lol ;)

-Peace, MC

EricGenz
09-13-2010, 06:51 AM
hey i gave ya 800k just now in game. take ur time to pay back if u need it. ima toughie btw.

bmc85uk
09-13-2010, 07:31 AM
Not to stir up trouble, but MC said he was trying to log in for 4 hours, presumably through another device, as he said his bro got access because the password was saved.

Did he not think at any point to check with his brother, or to try and find the device that he usually logs in with?

Violentsaint
09-13-2010, 07:45 AM
Not to stir up trouble, but MC said he was trying to log in for 4 hours, presumably through another device, as he said his bro got access because the password was saved.

Did he not think at any point to check with his brother, or to try and find the device that he usually logs in with?

*x-files tune plays softly in the background*

BeardedBear
09-13-2010, 07:47 AM
I got the same messaged spammed to me last night.

Spiritualist
09-13-2010, 07:48 AM
It's a good/interesting point though. ;)

Perhaps MC has gone all mean and is pretending he was iDevice-raped to scam money of would-be MC helpers. :)

Vyvin
09-13-2010, 07:55 AM
Ip check? From char files!
/VyVin

kavanah
09-13-2010, 11:59 AM
Honestly this sounds EXACTLY like Masterchief from those provided screenshots and stories. This is nothing new that MC runs around towne and asks other people for money. He begs and whines ALL the time. After he explicitly said he hated me, here on the forums, when I was trying to help him out, he pulled a "greatest rage quit" ever. Hopefully there was no remote controls around...

Then he had the audacity to ask me for gold because he gave everything away. This was MC don't let him fool you. He is probably pretty young.

cry
09-13-2010, 12:05 PM
Day 1: Oooo, I am feeling generous. *Gives away couple mil*
Day 2: O NO. I am poor and feeling inadequate. *Begs for money*

Fits the bill imo.

Justg
09-13-2010, 01:28 PM
Okay, glad everything is okay with MC's account.

Gonna lock up now.

*click*