PDA

View Full Version : AL pros, send some wisdom my way!

Ledlie
11-24-2012, 05:24 PM
I'm new to the legends franchise. I've got a 15 warrior that I've been trying to learn how to play well.
First question. How are you guys staying healed in elite maps? Without 3 wars or 2 wars n a sorc chain healing (which is super rare in PUGs) it seems impossible to stay healed. Is everyone just chugging a ridiculous amount of pots all the time?? I was considering experimenting with a high INT warrior as a full support class because they seem to have the only viable heal. Stupid idea?
Is it impossible to run elites without a fully competent group of people that will chain heal?

Also I've been trying to get through all the elite maps via pick up groups. I cannot get past the village because everyone is just grinding that first boss whos so easy to reach! Is that all the endgame is for you guys grinding this boss (or other bosses) over and over for a small chance at a chest that has an incredibly smaller chance of a pink item? Is this game just a grind-fest? Is that enjoyable for you guys?

I'm not really interested in that, but for me hope is not lost quite yet. I think this game has potential and I'm willing to do what I have to do to be competitive in PVP when it comes out. So with that in mind after seeing some posts about a lack of true tanks that can hold aggro I have respecced my warrior to be a more viable tank. I dropped Veng. Blood for Juggernaut for a second taunt after my Horn of Ren. That seemed like a mistake! Juggs 45 sec cooldown renders it seemingly useless. So my next question is how are you guys holding aggro? Do you skilled warriors only use the Horn taunt and rely on your dmg from skyward smash and windmill to hold aggro (with the lack of heals and crucial timing for horn of renew it seems like itd be hard to rely on it for a taunt and a heal) ?? I was considering trying chest splitter, but it sounds like itd be difficult to aim consistently and also would you use it instead of skyward or windmill or would you use it instead of Vengful blood?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks very much for reading!! :encouragement:

Cero
11-24-2012, 07:04 PM
1. potion and horn of renew
2. stay with str stats and str base items
3. do not drop vengefull. it helps you save from using mana pots, plus the updgrade effect which is vital.
4.you need good gears, i use forerunner and is decent for tank. (or any str base armor.)
5. try using chest splitter with horn's tuant. CS is good for dps which will also helps holding aggro.
try this CHest splitter-windmill-vengefull-horn of renew.

pm me in game if you still have any questions.

Scotchtape

ShadowGunX
11-24-2012, 09:03 PM
lol dude its ELITE. u NEED potions. good lck

blakeary
11-24-2012, 09:31 PM
I would agree stay with full strength. Int is just going to give you a bigger mana pool not make your heals better. You'll never run out of mana with a mana regen pet like Flapjack/Nexus or like someone else mentioned use venegeful blood.

Horn of renew, juggernaut, and axe throw have taunts. Horn of renew is usually the only taunt you'll need.

I somewhat agree with you on juggernaut, 45 seconds is a long cooldown. It's the same reason I don't like vengeful blood, 30 second cool down and the buffs only last 12-13 seconds (10 seconds without focused rage). Some people love it though.

A popular build is skyward smash, windmill, vengeful blood, and horn of renew with Ribbet pet. A couple top warriors I talked to in game use this. I don't like it though because I think you need the best gear and group members that don't suck to make it work, 80-100 damage.

Pretty much no matter what build you use, unless you've got the best gear and decent group members you'll be chugging potions in elites. It costs me about 200 potions to go from Blackenridge Forest to the Gold Mine. I haven't been able to kill the last boss in the Gold Mine no one ever stays to try. I tried to solo he hits me for most of my health and I didn't even make it to the phase where his buddies join lol. My damage is 60.5 and my armor is 471 so there are way better warriors then me.

Ledlie
11-24-2012, 11:35 PM
Awesome, preciate the info gents!