PDA

View Full Version : How Angel gear holds up verses the new mountain crafted

modredd
11-24-2012, 11:47 PM
How Angel gear holds up verses the new mountain craftedlvl cap items
Now in ring form is 255 with a dodge of 11 on a nuke mage lvl 75.
My lvl 66 free angel gear gives me an armor of 243 and a dodge of 25 I find I hardly die.
My point, Angel gear is jacked up and my dps is even higher.
Thoughts?
Yes the blacksmoke looks awesome but stats not so great!

Roberto077
11-24-2012, 11:51 PM
Here's what I think. My Level 66 crafted orlok bear can kill angelic a lot easier than a 75 crafted mage; therefor, crafted 75 is better

Kaytar
11-25-2012, 12:03 AM
I was thinking the same thing! Compare angel wand to the scepter. -dodge, armor, dps, and a little damage.

Revenge
11-25-2012, 12:19 AM
To be honest I prefer the Angelic set for looks anyway opposed to the Blacksmoke set.

modredd
11-25-2012, 08:26 PM
For me the dodge increase with angel gear makes a huge difference.
I was eating red pots like crazy until I went back to Angel gear and made 8 million gold in the process?

JaytB
11-26-2012, 07:05 AM
How Angel gear holds up verses the new mountain craftedlvl cap items
Now in ring form is 255 with a dodge of 11 on a nuke mage lvl 75.
My lvl 66 free angel gear gives me an armor of 243 and a dodge of 25 I find I hardly die.
My point, Angel gear is jacked up and my dps is even higher.
Thoughts?
Yes the blacksmoke looks awesome but stats not so great!

I agree with the protection part, angel gear is definitely comparable in therms of that (12 less armor, but 14 more dodge). Kind of sad if you'd ask me. Harder hitting enemies in a new campaign, combined with similar protection as previous cap items, doesn't make much sense IMO. If you'd use the egg on crafted gear, the difference becomes a bit smaller (18more armor, 10 less dodge. At the cost of some (2?) crit and 10 skill Dmg)

For the Dmg part, I completely disagree. In therms of Dmg, when comparing angel wand set vs new crafted scepter/eye set, you'll gain +30hit, +9crit, 45(min)-32(max) auto-attack Dmg, 9Dps and last but definitely not least, 67(min)-77(max) skill Dmg (example taken=drain). That's a huge difference in skill Dmg (and crit) if you'd ask me. The lv75 crafted wand set even does considerable more (skill) Dmg as compared to a sand goddess set with elite staff.

If you're one of the players doing a lot of trasher runs, the new crafted gear definitely helps speed up runs considerably, given the huge amount of extra Dmg (x3) that you'll get compared to previous cap sets (crafted or angel).

MightyMicah
11-26-2012, 09:41 AM
Allow me to present a view that not many have thought of.

The first step to improving balance in pvp is getting rid of the massive differences in gear between each cap. Everybody knows a 56 glyph can wipe the floor with a level 50. Everybody knows a 66 angel can whip the snot out of a 61 orlock. But what if the gear wasn't THAT much different? What if their stats were better, but only by a little bit? (Obviously this is purely from a pvp aspect. The fact that pve becomes much harder and the gear doesn't improve would be a problem. Anyways...)

Food for thought.

Chopper
11-26-2012, 10:23 AM
Allow me to present a view that not many have thought of.

The first step to improving balance in pvp is getting rid of the massive differences in gear between each cap. Everybody knows a 56 glyph can wipe the floor with a level 50. Everybody knows a 66 angel can whip the snot out of a 61 orlock. But what if the gear wasn't THAT much different? What if their stats were better, but only by a little bit? (Obviously this is purely from a pvp aspect. The fact that pve becomes much harder and the gear doesn't improve would be a problem. Anyways...)

Food for thought.

a fair point, but for pve, it would be a nightmare. The enemies get so much more harder and the point of levelling up and getting new gear is to actually improve (the basic premise of RPGs). Why spend millions on getting new gear and crafting, etc. for only a minimal bump up? People will get bored and feel that it's a waste of time and new campaigns will be diluted with crappy gear.

MightyMicah
11-26-2012, 10:28 AM
a fair point, but for pve, it would be a nightmare. The enemies get so much more harder and the point of levelling up and getting new gear is to actually improve (the basic premise of RPGs). Why spend millions on getting new gear and crafting, etc. for only a minimal bump up? People will get bored and feel that it's a waste of time and new campaigns will be diluted with crappy gear.

Hmm. Excellent point! I didn't even think about incentive.

Let's say for a minute that the campaigns were scaled to the gear which didn't improve too much with each cap. The big question is, will there still be incentive to put forth, like you said, all that money time and effort into capping and getting the best gear? I honestly can't say. What do you think?

Chopper
11-26-2012, 10:33 AM
Hmm. Excellent point! I didn't even think about incentive.

Let's say for a minute that the campaigns were scaled to the gear which didn't improve too much with each cap. The big question is, will there still be incentive to put forth, like you said, all that money time and effort into capping and getting the best gear? I honestly can't say. What do you think?

It's hard to find that balance point to be sure, but i think there needs to be a noticeable bump up in difficulty and improvement. Video game 101. Imagine a game where every level was only 0.5% harder than the last, it will seem the same and boredom sets in, especially when campaigns are released 4-6 months apart. People were bored of Humania after a month. Classics such as Space Invaders kept getting faster and harder until you died LOL

MightyMicah
11-26-2012, 10:36 AM
It's hard to find that balance point to be sure, but i think there needs to be a noticeable bump up in difficulty and improvement. Video game 101. Imagine a game where every level was only 0.5% harder than the last, it will seem the same and boredom sets in, especially when campaigns are released 4-6 months apart. People were bored of Humania after a month. Classics such as Space Invaders kept getting faster and harder until you died LOL

Haha! Absolutely. So I guess that's the big issue, then. Making it better, but not by too much or too little.

Multibird
11-26-2012, 03:20 PM
savage is tank

Brave Sir Robin
11-27-2012, 01:07 PM
I too wondered how Angel set stands against the new Dragon sets, as I was looking for a set for my L.71 INT mage. I thought that Sun Goddess was overpriced given its age so I finally got the Sharp Dragon 71 set. I thought I would share my experience with it so far.

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t518/Sfaliaras/Sharp_smaller.png

First of all, let's take a look at the stats and compare it with its main competitors, specifically Angel wand and Sun Goddess wand sets*.

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t518/Sfaliaras/sharp_table.png

Sharp Dragon is obviously an attacking set, although Sun Goddess still offers more crit (weird). In terms of defense, I agree that dodge should be reduced to a logical value as mages are not tanks (8 is not too bad), but 208 armor seems a bit low: 30+ less than Sun Goddess and 20 less than Angel, which is a lvl.66 set :afro:

In the dungeon the set feels great, as damage output is awesome. If you are concerned about defense, well don't worry too much about it as with proper timing of BOV and Mana Shield you will do fine - just don't expect to tank. Actually, it is possible to rush mobs (in absence of a good tank) but make sure the rest of the party is close as these short black enemies** hit hard. In any case, an INT mage is supposed to be the last to get the aggro. No fooling around here (like I do with my pally hehe).

Boss fights are a bit more tricky. I only did Nest runs. The problem is that if Dragonet fire catches you unbuffed you are in trouble. Again, this is not a set's problem. If the bear holds aggro and fixes the dragonet so that it doesn't turn its head all the time spitting fire all over the place, you have nothing to fear. Also, if birds keep aggro with their high DPS, no problem again. In all other cases, stay alert, take advantage of your range and use BOV and shield wisely. But this translates into 'learn to play your class properly' :)

Bottomline, given the massive skill damage difference over the other sets, I would personally choose the Sharp 71 anytime. It simply feels much more productive with this damage output. My only point of concern is the set's low armor but by what I have seen so far, this can be overcome with skillful play.

*Ruby gave me the stats for Angel, Sun Goddess sets on her (then) 71 mage some time ago - many thanks.
**Short black enemies = http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t518/Sfaliaras/black_thing.png

Chopper
11-27-2012, 01:13 PM
Thanks Sir Robin!

I was looking for this for my alt Mage. It's amazing that a Lvl 66 set (Angel) still works well today 2 campaigns later. I'm still rocking my Angel set becuase it keeps me alive without having to spend millions of gold to outfit my alt character. I leave the high damage to birds and will like stay with the Angel set to stay alive and heal/rev party members until a new set comes along that is worth spending the money to upgrade!

modredd
11-27-2012, 09:20 PM
Good job, So yes there is a difference but for free Angel gear was way overpowered!

Brave Sir Robin
11-29-2012, 01:07 PM
Thanks Sir Robin!

I was looking for this for my alt Mage. It's amazing that a Lvl 66 set (Angel) still works well today 2 campaigns later. I'm still rocking my Angel set becuase it keeps me alive without having to spend millions of gold to outfit my alt character. I leave the high damage to birds and will like stay with the Angel set to stay alive and heal/rev party members until a new set comes along that is worth spending the money to upgrade!

I agree, Angel is still a decent set. Now, regarding team damage output, you would expect that birds would do the damage. Sadly, it seems that good birds are not that many anymore. So personally I prefer to take the matter into my own hands, else we might end up spending 7-8 mins for a Nest run (wake up everybody lol).

Good job, So yes there is a difference but for free Angel gear was way overpowered!

Angel gear was a big improvement over crafted L.65 sets. I think the main reason for this was Humania's Yetis - enemies in BSM are a lot less dangerous than these beasts. Many PVPers complained that Angels were OP though.

Chopper
11-29-2012, 01:27 PM
I agree, Angel is still a decent set. Now, regarding team damage output, you would expect that birds would do the damage. Sadly, it seems that good birds are not that many anymore. So personally I prefer to take the matter into my own hands, else we might end up spending 7-8 mins for a Nest run (wake up everybody lol).

Look for my main on line, EdtheEagle. I am a pure damage-dealing bird and i know my role - to dish out hell-fire, pain, and destruction. I move around to avoid getting killed too much but need to rely on the party to keep me alive while i do my job LOL :)

Ogbuehi
11-29-2012, 09:21 PM
Are we talking crafted or non-crafted mountain sets? Crafted may make more of a difference.