PDA

View Full Version : So mana hungry

Lsky
11-25-2012, 05:05 AM
Just made my 3rd character slot a rogue and there seems to be no way around mana problems. I cant spec into intel too much because I need the other stats as well, and theres so innate mana reduction skill besides the 50% reduc in smoke bomb. By far the most boring class to level, I go through potions too quickly (health and mana).

Any ways to cope?

Edit: in todays update they even removed the mana reduction skill from smoke bomb, that leaves no path to spec into mana

mike1298
11-25-2012, 06:37 AM
Buy a lot of mana potions. Use medic to heal so you don't use as many health potions. Good thing is mana potions are cheaper. But if you want to be a big damage dealer you will have to use potions more than the other classes.

sirtibby
11-26-2012, 09:45 AM
True. I have 10 in int and I blow through mana pots like they are going out of style. No way around it unless they fix it (I doubt it).

jerzy448
11-26-2012, 08:45 PM
almost about to stop playing my rogue because of this mana issues. Rogues are at a real disadvantage because of this. If i dont pot 95% of the time im out of mana.

mike1298
11-26-2012, 09:08 PM
Small sacrifice for massive damage.

jerzy448
11-26-2012, 09:16 PM
hard to deal damage without any mana to fire off skills. After confronting one mob you have to pot or have no mana for the rest of the dungeon due to the miniscule amount of mana that is regenerated. in the process of trying to respec my rogue. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated because right now my rogue is almost dead to me.

Godkiu
11-26-2012, 10:24 PM
they really need to fix this. maybe it should refund some mana if your aimed shot crit
warrior practically has unlimited mana

mike1298
11-27-2012, 05:58 AM
We aren't warriors. Put some points into int. I can spam at least 10 shots before having to use a potion.

sirtibby
11-27-2012, 11:45 AM
I can spam a few skills or just aimed shot about 10 times before potting. Mana doesn't bother me as much it is a sacrifice I make to kill everything fast fast fast.

wsalew
12-04-2012, 02:02 AM
Just made my 3rd character slot a rogue and there seems to be no way around mana problems. I cant spec into intel too much because I need the other stats as well, and theres so innate mana reduction skill besides the 50% reduc in smoke bomb. By far the most boring class to level, I go through potions too quickly (health and mana).

Any ways to cope?

Edit: in todays update they even removed the mana reduction skill from smoke bomb, that leaves no path to spec into mana

I had the same problem as u with mana. I bought about 400 and it last for a couple of days depending on where you play and how often u play. Elite mode requires more mana, at least for me. I didnt put any skill into inteligence, only what i have from items, and this are also more focused on dexterity/strength, so my mana pot, only with gear withou pets are 275, what is really low. But i bought flap-jack, and he have +8 mana regeneration, and from that time i am not complaining about it. Sometimes i still use mana pots, but it is really rarely. Instead u may wait for a two seconds and u will be again able to use aimed shot. This pet really helps me a lot with mana problems. I hope that was helpful to You.

Koedt
12-04-2012, 03:43 AM
I had the same problem as u with mana. I bought about 400 and it last for a couple of days depending on where you play and how often u play. Elite mode requires more mana, at least for me. I didnt put any skill into inteligence, only what i have from items, and this are also more focused on dexterity/strength, so my mana pot, only with gear withou pets are 275, what is really low. But i bought flap-jack, and he have +8 mana regeneration, and from that time i am not complaining about it. Sometimes i still use mana pots, but it is really rarely. Instead u may wait for a two seconds and u will be again able to use aimed shot. This pet really helps me a lot with mana problems. I hope that was helpful to You.
But its rather rediculous though.
I've played my warrior till about level 12, and I barely had to use any mana potion, -at all-.

If I do elite runs, I'm just spamming mana pots like crazy.
I dont make any money -at all- on the daily quests, cause these incomes are basicly my potion money.
And if I'd be playing a lot more, even that would not cover up my potion costs.

They really need to think of something to fix this.
Cause rogues are in a really big disadvantage here.

wsalew
12-04-2012, 06:38 AM
But its rather rediculous though.
I've played my warrior till about level 12, and I barely had to use any mana potion, -at all-.

If I do elite runs, I'm just spamming mana pots like crazy.
I dont make any money -at all- on the daily quests, cause these incomes are basicly my potion money.
And if I'd be playing a lot more, even that would not cover up my potion costs.

They really need to think of something to fix this.
Cause rogues are in a really big disadvantage here.

I dont know, really. I had big problem with rogue till level 16 and till i get a good equipment. I had about 15% of death, if i kill 1000 i have got killed 150 times. That was a lot. After i reached level 16 i rearranged my skill points and skill's to suit me and now im pretty satisfied with it. And really, flap jack help me a lot to save money from buying and consuming 100 potions per day. But thats my rogue. U may find something else which is good to your rogue and playing style. I just shared my experience with you to see if its helpful to you. If its not, u have to find your own way playing with this class. Cheers :)

Koedt
12-04-2012, 08:38 AM
I dont know, really. I had big problem with rogue till level 16 and till i get a good equipment. I had about 15% of death, if i kill 1000 i have got killed 150 times. That was a lot. After i reached level 16 i rearranged my skill points and skill's to suit me and now im pretty satisfied with it. And really, flap jack help me a lot to save money from buying and consuming 100 potions per day. But thats my rogue. U may find something else which is good to your rogue and playing style. I just shared my experience with you to see if its helpful to you. If its not, u have to find your own way playing with this class. Cheers :)

My deaths aint no problem though.
I'm at about 10500 kills with about 75 deaths.

Its just the fact that I hate spamming mana potions like there is no tomorrow.
Its a waste of money which the other classes dont have to waste, you know what I mean?
In many ways, thats unfair.

primaeva
12-04-2012, 09:14 AM

Its a waste of money which the other classes dont have to waste, you know what I mean?

I think I answered this in another thread. Do not comment or make uninformed sweeping statements. You very clearly only play a rogue. Sorcerers gobble down mana potions too, and their damage output is far smaller. Their top-end gear is also far pricier. (Agile Lifethief of Potency vs Clever Flamestrike of Assault).

You want to know what's unfair? A sorc weapon costing 300k more than a rogue's for less damage output and more button pressing. But instead of coming to the forums and yelling 'it's unfair', all that brainpower could be applied to actually making some gold so your operational costs of farming elites becomes negligible.

Jeez louise.

Roguish
12-06-2012, 04:10 PM
If you want to be a high damage build, it will not be easy. You will have to do some things other do not have to do. What I do: I base almost all armor and weps on straight damage and health, but all jewelry I focus on mana, if its +150 mana and -50 health I will still equipped it. With two good mana increasing items that makes it so i can get just a few more shots off. Make friends with a mage as well, because when they heal your mana is regenerating like its hot!

Deadbite
12-06-2012, 04:29 PM

I think I answered this in another thread. Do not comment or make uninformed sweeping statements. You very clearly only play a rogue. Sorcerers gobble down mana potions too, and their damage output is far smaller. Their top-end gear is also far pricier. (Agile Lifethief of Potency vs Clever Flamestrike of Assault).

You want to know what's unfair? A sorc weapon costing 300k more than a rogue's for less damage output and more button pressing. But instead of coming to the forums and yelling 'it's unfair', all that brainpower could be applied to actually making some gold so your operational costs of farming elites becomes negligible.

Jeez louise.

Bc MAGES ARE AEO they do damage over large area. And alot of it. Rouges 1-3 targets but massive damage to those 1-3. Trade off dont like mages wep prices don't buy it.

Reggin
12-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Haven't used a mana potion since I bought and leveled Nexus. 15 str 10 dex 5% less damage 2 mana regen. The true value however is his incredible arcane ability. Over 125 mana restore for team. With a 5 second cool down, that's over 25 mps. I spam in elites too, and still have no issues. Best 40 plat ever since I save over 1000 gold a day.

primaeva
12-07-2012, 01:51 AM
Bc MAGES ARE AEO they do damage over large area. And alot of it. Rouges 1-3 targets but massive damage to those 1-3. Trade off dont like mages wep prices don't buy it.

Yeah, I didn't like the class mechanics because the only fights where you have to hit more than 8-10 targets are.. oh wait.

It's okay, though. Waiting for PvP to jump back on my sorc and wreck face. Until then, more fun outDPSing everyone with my rogue :)

Limsi
12-07-2012, 05:05 AM
I'm pretty sure the stats would be balanced out during the later parts of the update, let us all stay tuned :)

Asahetek
12-07-2012, 06:20 PM
Right now this by far the biggest weakness rogues , always have to spam mana potions even when using flapjack and other pets with mana regain. There isnt much left to do but wait an hope passive skills can help or a mana regain skill.

Have no problem dealing damage 45k kills

Cashews
12-08-2012, 06:16 AM
My mana is in the 600s and I'm guessing I've used about 1500 mana pots in the past several days.

mike1298
12-08-2012, 07:43 AM
Maybe the next update with passive skills will have mana regen or some sort of gain a % of mana per hit passive. The passive skill tree looked pretty big from the pictures.

spypeter1
12-11-2012, 09:38 AM
Try to hit 900+ mana stat, it could be a lot helpful. Use a gear based on hp and dex, and jewerly in mana and hp, make my mana stat hit 967

Cashews
12-11-2012, 03:42 PM
I tried increasing the mana to about 1k and found that while this does make pots restore more mana, the beneficial effects are lost because a loss in damage comes with increasing mana and makes it take longer to kill the boss so you have to use more mana pots anyway. What rogues need is a mana Regen buff.

Asahetek
12-15-2012, 10:21 AM
Having alot off mana didnt really help me and the passives dont look like they will help . We need some mana regain skill or passive ability.

Tuik
12-15-2012, 03:56 PM
Nexus works wonders for me, never need mana pots and I support my party as well. Also gives a decent str/dex boost but the downside is he doesn't help you attack monsters :/

Asahetek
12-16-2012, 04:34 PM
I dont really use platinium, wish they would adress thiss issue, go through 500-2000+ per day maybe more. Already used 300+ eariler, then when i logged back on another 300-400 used so i used 600-700 today