PDA

View Full Version : new dragon vanity info thread

Fusionstrike
11-25-2012, 03:06 PM
I thought it would be a good idea to try to collect info about the new dragon vanity system in one place. Especially since the ring crafting is a one-way operation, I think it's good to make sure people know what to expect. Here are some questions I have about it that hopefully others can post the answers to.

1. Do colored dragon sets give a ring that's exactly the stats the sets used to give by being worn? In other words, are these the stats you get out of the rings for each set?
red = 10 damage, 5 armor, 1 crit
blue = 10 damage, 5 armor, 1 M/s
green = 10 damage, 5 armor, 1 H/s
gold = 8 damage, 5 armor, 1 crit, 1 H/s
If not, what are the stats now?

2. What are the stats for the black dragon set? Are they different for the str/dex/int sets or are all the same?

3. Are dragon pets required to get the rings or is it just the helm and armor?

4. When dragon ring is crafted with valiant glory ring, do the other two rings disappear leaving only the combined one?

Energizeric
11-25-2012, 03:39 PM
1. The stats of the "dragon ring" are slightly better than before. They have the same stats as before, but now all of the sets get an additional 10 health, 10 mana, and 5% hit.

So for example, the gold set now gives 5 hit, 1 crit, 10 health, 1 H/s, 10 mana, 1 M/s, 8 damage, 5 armor

2. The stats of the "black dragon ring" are the same as the gold set, but add 2 damage and 2 health. So they are:

5 hit, 1 crit, 12 health, 1 H/s, 10 mana, 1 M/s, 10 dmg, 5 armor

3. The gold, red, blue & green dragon pets are indeed required to get the ring. What happens is when you craft your set is converted to non-tradeable vanity helm & armor. Then when you equip the crafted helm, armor along with the matching pet, you receive the ring. Same as previously, I believe you can equip Mitas with any of the sets to get the ring.

As for the black set, I think it may work differently so I'm not sure if you need the black pet or not. If you do then that means anyone who didn't cap at 71 can never get the black set bonus. So I'm not sure. Someone else would have to answer that question as I haven't crafted my black set yet. Perhaps Mitas works with the black set as well, and that would solve this issue for anyone who did not have the black dragon pet.

4. Yes

Noodleleg
11-25-2012, 03:44 PM
1. The stats of the "dragon ring" are slightly better than before. They have the same stats as before, but now all of the sets get an additional 10 health, 10 mana, and 5% hit.

So for example, the gold set now gives 5 hit, 1 crit, 10 health, 1 H/s, 10 mana, 1 M/s, 8 damage, 5 armor

2. The stats of the "black dragon ring" are the same as the gold set, but add 2 damage and 2 health. So they are:

3. The gold, red, blue & green dragon pets are indeed required to get the ring. What happens is when you craft your set is converted to non-tradeable vanity helm & armor. Then when you equip the crafted helm, armor along with the matching pet, you receive the ring. Same as previously, I believe you can equip Mitas with any of the sets to get the ring.

As for the black set, I think it may work differently so I'm not sure if you need the black pet or not. If you do then that means anyone who didn't cap at 71 can never get the black set bonus. So I'm not sure. Someone else would have to answer that question as I haven't crafted my black set yet. Perhaps Mitas works with the black set as well, and that would solve this issue for anyone who did not have the black dragon pet.

4. Yes

Since you're an expert... When you get the ring, does it sparkle? Example... Blue dragon ring sparkles blue if you equip?

Energizeric
11-25-2012, 03:50 PM
Since you're an expert... When you get the ring, does it sparkle? Example... Blue dragon ring sparkles blue if you equip?

Yes I believe it does. Except I think someone pointed out that the green set sparkles don't seem to be working at the moment. I haven't actually crafted any dragon sets myself, so I can't say with certainty. But I saw a friend with his red set, and it was giving the usual sparkles, and when I asked him he said it was from the dragon ring.

The only issue is if you take your dragon ring and combine it with the valiant ring of glory, you lose the dragon set sparkles and instead only get the sparkles from the valiant ring of glory. I used to like having "double" sparkles. :)

dudetus
11-25-2012, 04:00 PM

4. Yes

Tru Exprt.

Deathofan
11-25-2012, 04:45 PM
Ener is describing the black dragon ring itself, not combined with the elite ring of glory.

dudetus
11-25-2012, 05:03 PM
Ener is describing the black dragon ring itself, not combined with the elite ring of glory.

Indeed. I nuub.

Energizeric
11-25-2012, 06:01 PM
Actually there was a whole thread about #4. The ring of valiant glory and the black dragon ring both disappear from your inventory and instead you get the black dragon ring of valiant glory. But you can put on your 3 elite vanities again and go see the fallen prince and he will award you with another ring of valiant glory. You can do that as many times as you want which would allow you to craft multiple dragon sets. Although I'm not sure why you would want all those rings considering the black ring is inclusive of all of the other dragon ring stats. There would be no advantage once you have the black ring.

Fusionstrike
11-25-2012, 11:00 PM
Great info everyone. Looks like pretty much everything was answered. Just for completeness, it sounds like the black dragon gear gives the same stats as vanity regardless of which type (str/Dex/int) it is. Is this true?

Heroelite
11-25-2012, 11:34 PM
Great info everyone. Looks like pretty much everything was answered. Just for completeness, it sounds like the black dragon gear gives the same stats as vanity regardless of which type (str/Dex/int) it is. Is this true?

yup