PDA

View Full Version : Pro

Enigeax
11-25-2012, 04:03 PM
How would u guys define a pro? Is it how many kills they have, their personality, wealth, ect.... Lets keep this clean btw

MasterGT
11-25-2012, 04:06 PM
I would say not according to their wealth, kills, or items in game. A "pro" Should have unlimited knowledge of the game and a helpful personality of teaching other people to play.

Elyseon
11-25-2012, 04:10 PM
Its based on me
The more like me u r = the more pro u r

cookiez
11-25-2012, 04:11 PM
I ez da best pro

D-:
11-25-2012, 11:49 PM
Just ask "Pro" 56 Mage.

Energizeric
11-26-2012, 01:26 AM
I decide if you are pro. And just so you know, I can sometimes be persuaded with gifts.

Nick41324
11-26-2012, 01:59 AM
Its based on me
I can say this statement is 100% legitimate

saool
11-26-2012, 02:11 AM
Its based on me

I don't consider anyone pro except this guy ^

vampinoy
11-26-2012, 03:00 AM
Common misconception, hardcore =/= PRO gamers. People just like to throw around words they don't even know the meaning.

PRO gamers are the ones who's making money out of gaming, these players are usually the ones sponsored by companies when they compete in tournaments etc. These are the guys who belong in E-Sports, think NBA only gamers. Their gaming is their job. They get paid or earn money to play.

Hardcore gamers are the ones who spend significant time to practice and master their game, just that, they're just passionate about it. In STS games, I don't think there's any available means to become a PRO gamer...you can't really earn money out of playing any of the STS games as a profession (PRO means profession...a job...), but anyone can be passionate about it making them hardcore gamers.

There's just the best, the decent, average, and bad players...I believe there's no "pro gaming" in STS, people just like the sound of it.

Gamer Wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamer

GF :D

Limsi
11-26-2012, 04:22 AM
Being branded as "pro" is something that entails full responsibility towards your fellow players. Pros are those who even without the chance of being famous would help players out in their own little ways. Cheers!

Noodleleg
11-26-2012, 07:29 AM
I think you need to compare yourself to Ely and Myst until you have a %. I think the 3rd pro-est person only reached 58%!

Knockador
11-26-2012, 07:33 AM
Rate yourself from 1-10, divide that by 1/2, round it down and calculate how far that is from my 10.1/10 :livid:

Mage till the end
11-26-2012, 08:42 AM
Pro is an overused word that most people just say randomly. When I killed a bird instead of saying gf he said pro. Now if you have ever pvped with me you would no I'm not a pro. So in general pro as really lost its value in the pl community. Although I must say 1 mil kills must have taken quite awhile.

Gragorak
11-26-2012, 08:48 AM
Rate yourself from 1-10, divide that by 1/2, round it down and calculate how far that is from my 10.1/10 :livid:
10:½ = 20

Seems like I'm way more pro that you.

Superduper
11-26-2012, 01:16 PM
Its based on me

Thr s ser merch treuth to dis staetmant.

aav5224
11-26-2012, 03:27 PM
people call me pro cause i have good kdr and kills and i kill birds

KingFu
11-27-2012, 06:25 AM
Be insanely rich, have tens of thousands of PvP kills, have crazy rare items consisting of sets, vanities, collectables...Need I go on? They all add up to me anyways.

Cascade
11-27-2012, 10:10 PM
The only real pro is Royce. The rest are cheap imitations. 'Nuff said.

Elyseon
11-27-2012, 10:15 PM
Common misconception, hardcore =/= PRO gamers. People just like to throw around words they don't even know the meaning.

PRO gamers are the ones who's making money out of gaming, these players are usually the ones sponsored by companies when they compete in tournaments etc. These are the guys who belong in E-Sports, think NBA only gamers. Their gaming is their job. They get paid or earn money to play.

Hardcore gamers are the ones who spend significant time to practice and master their game, just that, they're just passionate about it. In STS games, I don't think there's any available means to become a PRO gamer...you can't really earn money out of playing any of the STS games as a profession (PRO means profession...a job...), but anyone can be passionate about it making them hardcore gamers.

There's just the best, the decent, average, and bad players...I believe there's no "pro gaming" in STS, people just like the sound of it.

Gamer Wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamer

actually u r wrong
u r mixing up professional and pro
even the pro originally comes from professional, it is also used to mean an expert
as in top level so to be pro means u r the best(such as myself) or one of the best like the top 1%

vampinoy
11-27-2012, 11:12 PM
actually u r wrong
u r mixing up professional and pro
even the pro originally comes from professional, it is also used to mean an expert
as in top level so to be pro means u r the best(such as myself) or one of the best like the top 1%

You just said pro originally comes from the word professional...so how am I mixing up the two? That's exactly what I was saying...that pro comes from professional. When did pro stopped meaning to be professional? I must have missed that :D

Why not just call them the best? or experts???

When you're a pro, you get paid to play games, period. A PRO is someone like me actually (not you), I earn off gaming on some MOBA games...I'm not sure how you got your 1%, there's so many PRO gamers being sponsored all over the world by individual net cafes or gaming groups...have you attended a gaming convention? If you actually attend one, you will see hundreds and thousands of people that are PRO and mind you, a lot of them are scrubs (not experts or good at all, don't know anything about gaming, but for some reason, people sponsor them)...it helps to know people :D I also get paid writing some short reviews on some games by playing them...as you probably have figured out by now, my style leans toward skepticism and stirring up issues (think tabloid only in gaming)...and I still get paid doing that :D (although very small amounts almost negligible, just a sideline...and to troll bad games for the most part) :D

PRO is a misused label, I'm actually flattered being an actual PRO gamer myself that people would like to be one that bad to the point that people invent a new definition :D

It's like urbanized use (or misuse) of "architect" for example: "This guy is the architect of this floor plan", does that make him an architect? But he's good at architecture? No, unless you're actually a licensed practicing architect :D Same thing applies here. My advice, if you really want to be PROs, attend gaming conventions and events, go out and meet people who are in the gaming world :D You don't have to be experts to be PRO gamers, you just need to be at the right place at the right time ;D

Elyseon
11-27-2012, 11:36 PM
It never stopped having a connection to professional but due to the misuse of it
The english language gave it additional meanings
More or less starting as a slang term just for good
Like: wow youre a pro
(As good as a professional)
Although it still may carry that conotation in some circumstances, you will see the majority of its use refers to expert players as no PL players actually(at least none i know of o.O) get payed to play the game

Elyseon
11-27-2012, 11:38 PM
Why not just call them the best? or experts???
Pro is shorter and catchier

Aqp (A Quarter Pounder)
11-27-2012, 11:53 PM
How would u guys define a pro? Is it how many kills they have, their personality, wealth, ect.... Lets keep this clean btw

Depends. Pro in pvp or pve or merch or overall

Enigeax
11-27-2012, 11:55 PM
I knew this would happen hehe. Good discussion u guys told me everything I already know :)