PDA

View Full Version : Language: am I crazy?

Xaphan Fox
11-25-2012, 04:39 PM
I distinctly remember being able to call someone leeching in a dungeon a f@#$%& nugget and not get muted. Now, I say stuff only a 10 year old gets reprimanded for... mutes as far as the eye can see.

Did language filter get switched from DL to PL mode? A shame. The only good part of DL that remains untarnished. I liked it in AL.
BARK

Rare
11-25-2012, 04:49 PM
It was patched with the PL filter. Mentioned in patch notes I believe.

Xaphan Fox
11-25-2012, 04:58 PM
Noooooooooooooo why? Why? I don't wanna be offensive to people, but I would like to be able to talk my age in a game I pay for.

Sts;
Get rid of language auto mute in this and all 96 of your future games next year and ill never complain about your pricing model again...

Deal?

Lowlyspy
11-25-2012, 05:06 PM
So swearing like a sailor is talking your age? Pardon me if i'm wrong but speaking like an adult doesn't involve cursing left and right, that's something i'd expect from a 10 year old on CoD.

razerfingers
11-25-2012, 05:12 PM
So swearing like a sailor is talking your age? Pardon me if i'm wrong but speaking like an adult doesn't involve cursing left and right, that's something i'd expect from a 10 year old on CoD.

^^true story

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

Conradin
11-25-2012, 05:16 PM
So sweating like a sailor is talking your age? Pardon me if i'm wrong but working out like an adult doesn't involve spaying sweat left and right, that's something i'd expect from a 10 year old on a treadmill.

ewwwwww

Xaphan Fox
11-25-2012, 05:31 PM

No I'm talking about being able to play a game where I don't have to worry about an accident or phone autocorrect muting me for 5 mins when communication is needed.
About a game code not mothering me into being a good boy when I am amongst friends.

It isn't about cussing like a sailor...

It's about unbuttoning my shirt, loosening my tie, and relaxing with friends. But I can't even talk freely in my own guild.

No, cussing like a sailor isn't talking my age But being able to decide when and what is the correct speech to use in various situations certainly is.

Not like it works anyways. Every bad word is worked around/short handed by *everyone*.

Woof

onachisary
11-25-2012, 05:39 PM
i so agreee with you xaphan it very annoying when you cant ecpress your self freely around your friends..

dmspker
11-25-2012, 05:41 PM
Love to say anything i want :) nothing can stop me

BodMaster
11-25-2012, 06:07 PM
Woof, agreed.

Douche, got me muted for the first time since I started playing any StS game.

Even in PM's, Guild, Party etc, getting redic.

Fyrce
11-25-2012, 06:26 PM
LOL.

Barkbark!

dironman1
11-25-2012, 06:45 PM
can't put "but" and "the" in the same sentence next to one another without being muted.

Wow, is that how sensitive it is? I've never actually been muted for this, because I've never typed it, but how long does it last?

Lady_Pebbles
11-25-2012, 07:04 PM
can't put "but" and "the" in the same sentence next to one another without being muted.

Wow, is that how sensitive it is? I've never actually been muted for this, because I've never typed it, but how long does it last?
Muted for five minutes. -.-

dironman1
11-25-2012, 07:25 PM

Muted for five minutes. -.-

Lol in SL they have the * to block it. I don't get why the 5 minute mute is there.

Jed
11-25-2012, 07:53 PM
I referred to when Bael goes over and is immortal for a bit: "Can't hurt him when he's humping the portal." Mute.
(highlight the invisible word)
If anything, there should just be stars or have the players choose to have a chat filter on or off.

Justg
11-25-2012, 09:37 PM
I believe there is an option to show filtered chat or not: Menu > Social > Filter Chat

sirtibby
11-25-2012, 10:48 PM
I believe there is an option to show filtered chat or not: Menu > Social > Filter Chat

There is but the new filter does not care a fig if you have it turned off. I'm with fox and Thren here. Get rid of it.

BodMaster
11-25-2012, 11:04 PM

Chat is a little too sensitive atm G.

gison
11-25-2012, 11:08 PM
Boo, that was the only thing I liked in Al.

Linthar
11-26-2012, 02:48 AM
I noticed it too. At first I was able to say cuss words and not get muted or it wouldn't get blocked, but now it does.... It is very strange. And I hate it, because I cuss like a sailor. Props of being in the Army, yay.....

BodMaster
11-26-2012, 07:39 AM
I noticed it too. At first I was able to say cuss words and not get muted or it wouldn't get blocked, but now it does.... It is very strange. And I hate it, because I cuss like a sailor. Props of being in the Army, yay.....

Not strange, filter/mute wasn't added until a later patch, mentioned in patch notes will have the same as PL.

Azedrab
11-26-2012, 08:09 AM
It's completely absurd that saying something like 'push it', gives you 'pu** **'. Sometimes makes reading someone's statement a guessing game when you have more missing letters than text.

Deathpunch
11-26-2012, 08:15 AM
Lol, item names get the filter treatment, too. Two that I can think of off the top of my head is Titantech in SL and Bone Rod in AL. It is a bit over zealous.

EDIT:

Jesus, don't hit the "r" key before the space bar when typing out "bone rod", or in this case "boner od." Helicopter mom much? Dang.

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af35/user7618/2012-11-26_08-19-50.png

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment

BodMaster
11-26-2012, 10:28 AM
I see that snazzy combat keyboard of yours :O

Might need to give that a whirl once again.

DataPunk
11-26-2012, 10:31 AM
I got muted too cuz of that! I agree entirely with Testament (Xaphan Fox ya sexy fox you lol).

Seriously, if I turned OFF the effen filter then obviously idgaf who is cussing or not. Especially when I like to cuss too. Has nothing to do with maturity or age. Has everything to do with speech and how ---I--- talk, text/type, and have conversations. Idgaf if there are kids on these games cuz they aren't my responsibility, some cuss more than I do. Besides, these filters are completely stupid to begin with since I can't put "but" and "the" in the same sentence next to one another without being muted. Among other word combos. Players work their way around the filters anyway.

So for effen sake, give me back the effen freedom to spell out cuss words anf not say EFFEN SHYT (or any other variations of these words) just for the sake of being able to say what I want to say in the exact way I want to say it. -.-

I'm not a kid but i rather not see normal chat filled with idiots like u who think they can say anything.

Deathpunch
11-26-2012, 10:38 AM
I see that snazzy combat keyboard of yours :O

Might need to give that a whirl once again.

STS changed the transparency on the chat window so it doesn't match anymore. :'( Please, STS, make the chat window 50% transparency again!

-----
Note to reader: This post should likely be read in a sarcastic tone of voice.

Rare
11-26-2012, 10:44 AM
I'm not a kid but i rather not see normal chat filled with idiots like u who think they can say anything.

lol... so turn on your chat filter. problem solved.

And I must say... your response is very childish.

DataPunk
11-26-2012, 12:17 PM
lol... so turn on your chat filter. problem solved.

And I must say... your response is very childish.

No thinking everyone should endure ur leet cursing is childish, all imho.

My response childish you even read what i responded to lol.

Xaphan Fox
11-26-2012, 02:50 PM
Watch yourself data. Not nice to call people idiots. Specially not people I value.

...and what is more childish is giving language power. Calling language naughty or getting easily offended by it, is itself, a response lacking in maturity. Layered with calling someone you don't know an idiot; me thinks someone needs a pudding pop and should hush up a wee bit.

Bark grrr

StompArtist
11-26-2012, 02:55 PM
No thinking everyone should endure ur leet cursing is childish, all imho.

My response childish you even read what i responded to lol.

Let me get this straight, curse words should be prevented at all costs but calling people idiots is fine? How about calling someone hypocritical?

Xaphan Fox
11-26-2012, 03:00 PM
Lemme at em stomp!!

StompArtist
11-26-2012, 03:22 PM
Lemme at em stomp!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSv2JooWa-4&feature=fvwrel

iRusher
11-26-2012, 03:23 PM
WOOF WOOF!(thought I'd join in on the fun of woofing.)
I totally agree with you, it should be the same for every sts game. I'd like to be able to swear when I want..that's the only good thing about dl

Samhayne
11-26-2012, 03:48 PM
For the most part, the people who have an issue are those who have played Dark Legends previously. Dark Legends is a game that is labeled as Mature. Arcane Legends does not have that same rating and so the rules are different. We ask that all chat be kept clean and appreciate your cooperation in doing so.

Thanks very much.