PDA

View Full Version : PvP Rewards?

dudetus
11-25-2012, 05:35 PM
As I've played a bit too much of SWtOR lately I began to ponder if this was a valid idea.

PvP Gear Rewards.

As u get PvP kills enough u would receive PvP Vanities as a reward. In PvE players get dropped items from bosses as reward for killing enemies and why shouldn't long time PvP playing be rewarded as well? There are now just few titles from like 100 kills..? I thought like harder to achieve rewards, like 5k kills for one piece, 10k for second piece and 20k for last piece and to get the full "PvP Set". Items could grant a possibility to craft with Elite Ring but I think there would be too many "boohoo it's so unfair that those who have played longer than me have advantage over me." So better to just stick without any bonuses.

Thoughts?

XghostzX
11-25-2012, 05:36 PM
This would make life great. +1

Elyseon
11-25-2012, 05:43 PM
Guuuuuuud idea!
Liek fer kills an winz an stuff dey got sumpn liek dis in OnC
Which u gotta be liek 60 to do anything so i kinda cant (onli 53 D:) derp

Deadbite
11-25-2012, 05:49 PM
This would bring "farming kills and spawn killing" a huge problem... And new pvpers would give up or quit when faced with the old players with vanitys.

Elyseon
11-25-2012, 06:04 PM
This would bring "farming kills and spawn killing" a huge problem... And new pvpers would give up or quit when faced with the old players with vanitys.
As if ita not already a huge problem
LOL

WarTornBird
11-25-2012, 06:12 PM
Eh. I mean its a valid reason, but people go to ridiculous lengths already to "cheat" the system per say. With the Daily thing where people spent 500 plat for toons. I mean come on. That's a little ridiculous. Why would sts make more problems in a game.

Shilooo
11-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Good idea! People farm hours for drops in pve. If some noobs fell like waisting time farming there alt account that's fine. Think it would be faster and more fun to just play and get your kills. Either way takes time and effort, should be rewarded!

Elyseon
11-25-2012, 07:04 PM
People can cheat for anything still people can see the difference
For instance gaing like several hundred thousand kills in a few weeks just to be first to 1 mil
Everyone knows whats real and not
Would be a cool bonus
Maybe special pvp zones it would only count in

Jcyee
11-25-2012, 07:16 PM
Like the idea :)

XghostzX
11-25-2012, 07:33 PM
For instance gaing like several hundred thousand kills in a few weeks just to be first to 1 mil
Would be a cool bonus

In order and Chaos, they have a special arena for gaining PvP points. You press join Arena (4v4 or 2v2) and your put with random teammates into a random game against opponents. The maps would be more unique... and people wouldn't want to lost to just help their friends because the arena points keep track of your record (win/lose %). You can also choose your own teams. It really would be cool in PL...

Deadbite
11-25-2012, 07:41 PM
Would be a cool bonus

In order and Chaos, they have a special arena for gaining PvP points. You press join Arena (4v4 or 2v2) and your put with random teammates into a random game against opponents. The maps would be more unique... and people wouldn't want to lost to just help their friends because the arena points keep track of your record (win/lose %). You can also choose your own teams. It really would be cool in PL...

Agreed but new players would suffer ALOT... Being a PvPer of almost 2 years. I still get rushed and spawn killed. *cough* ghost *cough*

And then there would be the people to "rage quit" and the afk people...

D-:
11-25-2012, 07:57 PM
+1.

aav5224
11-25-2012, 08:05 PM
Hmph i got 5k kills EHAT MY REWARD RAHHH

XghostzX
11-25-2012, 08:19 PM
Agreed but new players would suffer ALOT... Being a PvPer of almost 2 years. I still get rushed and spawn killed. *cough* ghost *cough*

And then there would be the people to "rage quit" and the afk people...

This is true, but there could be a system where people are matched together based on their win/lose %. I mean really though, with the current stats in PL, anyone has a chance... (Anyways, it's more fair than randomly placing you against someone).

But this would be scaled for each level.

Conradin
11-25-2012, 08:33 PM
Doesnt even matter if the reward can be exploited. We need them. Weve been asking for them for sooo long and nada. MAke me mad

Waug
11-25-2012, 09:49 PM
Little bonus, vanities and title preferable.

I'd get 3 piece vanities in my two toon instantly, ya we need it,

Elyseon
11-25-2012, 11:24 PM
Doesnt even matter if the reward can be exploited. We need them. Weve been asking for them for sooo long and nada. MAke me mad
Ikr just make them untradeable and look really ugly but have good stats
Maybe even endgame only
Most importantly make them balanced
Since other gear seems to attempt to keep pve 'balanced' make the pvp stuff balanced more pvp-wise

winterblood
11-26-2012, 01:46 AM
Its a very good idea u got there, but how do u explain if people farm kills? u wil still be getting the reward?
what if players already reached over 20k, do they get vanites straight away or they have to get another 20k to receive reward?

dudetus
11-26-2012, 02:12 AM
Ofc kill farming would happen. Some players try to exploit the system in any way possible.

GL finding a guy with whom u farm 20k kills.

winterblood
11-26-2012, 02:23 AM
GL finding a guy with whom u farm 20k kills.
what does this suppose to mean?

XghostzX
11-26-2012, 08:02 AM
'Tis true. Pro game developers are capable of preventing these exploits, though.

MightyMicah
11-26-2012, 09:01 AM
Dudetus! I been playing Swtor as well! In fact, I've been extremely innactive in PL due to that game. I as well was wishing that PL would release pvp reward. A long time ago they said that they weren't because pvp wasn't "balanced enough" yet. Since they seem to have no intention whatsoever of balancing pvp, I'm hoping that they just go ahead and release some kinda bonus.

In my opinion it shouldn't be per kill. It should be that whoever wins the match of red vs blue, each player on the winning team recieves 1k or perhaps an item with a chance at a pink. This would be hard to exploit and it would allow pvpers to start making a significant amount of money.

As well, I think it would encourage FFA alot more since players would want to finish matches quickly. Not only that, but I think it would encourage a friendly FFA as well. Not these lame "I hate you so I'm rushing you" and then the room breaks out in FFA kind of deals. People would all have the mutual interest in earning money so they would constantly be doing FFAs.

dudetus
11-26-2012, 09:56 AM
Dudetus! I been playing Swtor as well! In fact, I've been extremely innactive in PL due to that game. I as well was wishing that PL would release pvp reward. A long time ago they said that they weren't because pvp wasn't "balanced enough" yet. Since they seem to have no intention whatsoever of balancing pvp, I'm hoping that they just go ahead and release some kinda bonus.

In my opinion it shouldn't be per kill. It should be that whoever wins the match of red vs blue, each player on the winning team recieves 1k or perhaps an item with a chance at a pink. This would be hard to exploit and it would allow pvpers to start making a significant amount of money.

As well, I think it would encourage FFA alot more since players would want to finish matches quickly. Not only that, but I think it would encourage a friendly FFA as well. Not these lame "I hate you so I'm rushing you" and then the room breaks out in FFA kind of deals. People would all have the mutual interest in earning money so they would constantly be doing FFAs.

SWtOR <3.

I think victory based rewards would end up into locked Rockwall Forts with one player and therefore I do think that Kills would be the one which should count.

MightyMicah
11-26-2012, 09:59 AM
SWtOR <3.

I think victory based rewards would end up into locked Rockwall Forts with one player and therefore I do think that Kills would be the one which should count.

Wait, are you being sarcastic? Lol

Just in case you aren't, let me explain why I'm laughing. Farming 5 flags in a locked Rockwall forts would take much, much longer than playing an actually game! Trust me. I have about 830 flags captures. I know how to farm...LIKE A BAWS. ;) FFA would be much, much quicker.

Rot
11-26-2012, 10:02 AM
Lol, if this was to be implemented, you'll probably see 10+ locked game with 2 players in it. Boooooooosters.

MightyMicah
11-26-2012, 10:09 AM
Lol, if this was to be implemented, you'll probably see 10+ locked game with 2 players in it. Boooooooosters.

How would that work? I mean first of all it would screw people's kdr's. Unless you're referring to alt farming which already exists. Second, FFA would still be quicker to generate gold than farming the same alt over and over or fighting your friend over and over.

Rot
11-26-2012, 08:29 PM
How would that work? I mean first of all it would screw people's kdr's. Unless you're referring to alt farming which already exists. Second, FFA would still be quicker to generate gold than farming the same alt over and over or fighting your friend over and over.

Yanno, you can use 2 accounts at the same time if you have two devices. Like Chrome and iPod. Some people do make toons that farm death, and some like Gurgoxs ( no offense ) prefer to farm kills the safe way, which is farming someone who farm death. There might be some Grammar errors here, but as long as you understand me, I don't think it matters. :o

Everyone'sFavMage
11-27-2012, 05:56 PM
Nice idea, I got like 6-7 toons over 5k 3 toons over 10k and 2 of them approaching 20k. Would love to see some rewards for that.

MightyMicah
11-27-2012, 06:48 PM
Yanno, you can use 2 accounts at the same time if you have two devices. Like Chrome and iPod. Some people do make toons that farm death, and some like Gurgoxs ( no offense ) prefer to farm kills the safe way, which is farming someone who farm death. There might be some Grammar errors here, but as long as you understand me, I don't think it matters. :o

What I'm saying is, farming an alt over and over is slower than actually going and pvping.

The only problem with farming an alt is that it boosts the ratio. So that's not a problem because ratio boosting alrwady exists.

skrapicoco
11-27-2012, 08:40 PM
id like this as well :tiger:

Rot
11-27-2012, 11:15 PM
What I'm saying is, farming an alt over and over is slower than actually going and pvping.

The only problem with farming an alt is that it boosts the ratio. So that's not a problem because ratio boosting alrwady exists.

It isn't that slow if you have 3 friends or 2 friends and another device. :)

MightyMicah
11-28-2012, 11:27 AM
It isn't that slow if you have 3 friends or 2 friends and another device. :)

But it's not that fast either