PDA

View Full Version : The Ruler of Alterra: Part IV: The Rooks

Reunegade
11-25-2012, 07:44 PM
They were trapped. As they started running forward, four knights came out of the bushes and shot arrows, barely missing them. "Who are you?" a knight said with an evil stare. "Um, I-I a-am Re-Remus." Remus managed to get out. "And where are you from?" said another one, again with the same kind of stare. "U-um the Dark Forest of Alterra," Remus said softly. "Are you workers of Scalefield?" the third knight said. "N-no," Remus said. "Good. You may proceed," the last one said. Vincent looked back and saw that Mitchell had disappeared. "Well that was a relief," Ryom breathed. "Yes, that was." Vincent agreed. After a couple of minutes of walking, they saw a sign that said "Aqueducts". To their left they saw an end to the path. Then they saw another sign that said "Bridge Under Construction". "Aw man, the aqueducts are on the other side!" Ryom cried. "Is there another way to get there?" Remus asked. "Yes, I believe there is," came a feminine voice from behind. Remus recognized that voice. Without one more second to think, Vincent cried, "Ellie!!!" "Miss me?" Ellie said with a sweet smile. "I believe you lost this, Remus," Ellie said kindly. She took out what looked like a grayish black gun and threw it to Remus. "My shotgun! How did I lose it?" he asked. "It was sitting right next to a dog bone." Ellie said. Remus knew what happened. Mitchell had attempted to steal the shotgun, because it was the only thing that could kill him. "Now let me tell you the way," Ellie said. They walked for a couple of miles until they reached a sign that said, "Cave of Mysteries". "You're going to have to go through the cave of mysteries to get to the Aqueducts. It's a real short walk, really." Ellie explained. Indeed, it was a very short walk. They got out of there and saw something that made them gasp. It was a man with blood on the side of his shoulder, and he had a cigarette in his mouth. "My name is Joseph. Mitchell told me you would come. It's time to get what I deserved. The World-Twist has begun. There is no way to look back. No solution. Not even going back into the past will help. The Alterran Games was all we needed to make this happen." Joseph said with an evil glare. Without a second to think, a bomb blew up. "WE ARE THE ROOKS! WE ARE THE ROOKS!" screamed a huge group of people. "The Rooks...I've heard them before. My dad told me a story about the War of Leadership. It was the Rooks against the Nites. They were both once very powerful clans in Alterra. The Rooks lost, so they moved onto a different piece of land, and took over that place." Ryom explained. Remus pondered for a moment. Rook. He heard that word before. He didn't know where, or when, but it sounded similar. His dad told him something about a wildstorm......but he used it in a sense as if it were someones name......but right now wouldn't be the right time to think. He had to find Cinder, and bring her back to Malison to go back in time, and stop the World-Twist from occurring in the present. Someone had to do it, and it would be too late if it weren't now. Remus was born into this spot. He was the hero. He had to promise Scalefield that the World-Twist will end. And by that, he had to defeat Bael and Mitchell. Scalefield sent those pieces of parchment for a reason. Remus realized something that was too fake to be true. Scalefield was his father. All those days when he had to work in Louis, Alterra were to make this happen. The death of Bael. Mitchell needed Bael to make the World-Twist. He figured if he killed Bael, then Mitchell would suffer. It would all end. Everyone would be in peace. The Second Great War would begin. The Rooks would be the main target. Remus had to stop hiding, and start fighting. Bring it on.