PDA

View Full Version : Ribbit. Worth keeping.?

ScarecrowWolf
11-26-2012, 07:15 AM
So i just found a ribbit pet in yrda forest and i checked cs and all the prices are over 200k. Im wondering if i should keep or sale.q Is ribbit worth keeping, because obviously people by them for that much so ribbit must be a cool pet. Or should i take the money and run.? Any suggestions.?

Flamberge
11-26-2012, 07:19 AM
Sell it when it's still worth it. Ribbit won't get any higher price imo. Unless you want to use the pet, its good for a warrior type.

ScarecrowWolf
11-26-2012, 07:23 AM
Thx for the feedback. Ill put on market for about 24 hours. If no buyers then ill just use.

BodMaster
11-26-2012, 07:29 AM
Ribbit is a great all-around pet, meaning works the best with all classes.

25+ Str, 7+ Crit 8 HP regen, will work on Rogue/Mage/War. (Also at Cap the pet dmg itself is 70, with 10% Crit)

Arcane Ability; Player has 40% chance to Crit for 3 secs.

Passive; AoE attack, with a high chance to reduce enemies armour by 10%

Mines Capped, I like it that much.

Unless you are "desperate/could do" with the gold sell.

Flamberge
11-26-2012, 07:43 AM
Ribbit is a great all-around pet, meaning works the best with all classes.

25+ Str, 7+ Crit 8 HP regen, will work on Rogue/Mage/War. (Also at Cap the pet dmg itself is 70, with 10% Crit)

Arcane Ability; Player has 40% chance to Crit for 3 secs.

Passive; AoE attack, with a high chance to reduce enemies armour by 10%

Mines Capped, I like it that much.

Unless you are "desperate/could do" with the gold sell.

Great detail Bod! Ribbit is one of the best pet.

But then I was talking from a merchant point of view. Sell while it's worth it. You can buy it cheaper in the future, as far as I know ribbit price has drop below 100k. If its flat 200k in cs, then its worth to sell.

Godkiu
11-26-2012, 07:56 AM
flap jack or ribbit worth more?

mike1298
11-26-2012, 08:03 AM
Ribbit is worth more.

BodMaster
11-26-2012, 10:34 AM
Great detail Bod! Ribbit is one of the best pet.

But then I was talking from a merchant point of view. Sell while it's worth it. You can buy it cheaper in the future, as far as I know ribbit price has drop below 100k. If its flat 200k in cs, then its worth to sell.

Agreed fully deff worth the sell if you are short, or need it for gear etc. I've looted 3/4 Ribbit.

Cheapest I sold was 40k back before nerf, highest was 90k I think. (Same as most Elite Gear was selling at 50k now its like 200-400k :/ (or a mill if greedy :p)

ScarecrowWolf
11-26-2012, 06:27 PM
I think ill just keep after reading bodmaster detailed statistics. Im not really desperate for gold, in fact i only use gold for feeding and pots.

Plus, most pink armor and weapons that are extremely high priced are'nt even as good as the pink armor and weapons that i farmed in regular, not elite, mode.

Nightarcher
11-26-2012, 07:00 PM
Yeah, what dolt listed Ribbit for above 100k? They were around 50-60k earlier this week. :)

PvE
11-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Honestly sell. Justg stated in a couple weeks level cap will happen. It will happen about a week after iOS release. iOS release itself means more people playing more capped so higher supply than demand. Once cap happens always have the chance of additional pets from elite mobs + pets from normal dungeon drops. All the pets now will drop because people will be higher level and able to obtain them easier.

Sum up: sell, will never go up in price.

DontNerfMeBro
11-26-2012, 07:53 PM
So by all means, stop me if my thought process is wrong...

Pets seem to hold their value because their value is constant regardless of level.

Ribbit is a good pet because he provides a good stat bonus that benefits a solid base of players.

Pet's are UNDERvalued because Malison <the dragon you can buy for plat> simply provides the best stats, overreaching all others.
(Malison provides +20 to all stats or over 9 lvls!!! worth of skill points>

I have yet to find a pet that is better than Malison all things considered, in any character/skill combo.

NeoKing
11-26-2012, 08:22 PM

Pets seem to hold their value because their value is constant regardless of level.

Ribbit is a good pet because he provides a good stat bonus that benefits a solid base of players.

Pet's are UNDERvalued because Malison <the dragon you can buy for plat> simply provides the best stats, overreaching all others.

I have yet to find a pet that is better than Malison all things considered, in any character/skill combo.

Ribbit it better than Malison actually mainly for warriors, not sure about the other 2 classes.

PvE
11-26-2012, 08:28 PM
Malison is only good for tank mages or tank rogues. For warriors your better off for ribbit.

Sledge
11-26-2012, 08:42 PM
As a tank I like having Rabbit for the stats and to rotate his special with my Vengeful Blood. Makes for a constant (or close to) high critical %, which helps maintain aggro.

Montanabro
11-26-2012, 09:44 PM

What do you mean? A pet that increases stats by a % retain their value much more than a pet like Malison which retains a flat increase in stats.

Gassyllama
11-26-2012, 10:39 PM
Wait Ribbit is found on the Elite Rooks nest only or regular too??

Think i'm gonna farm this it's not like there is anything better to do bsides farm after capping haha.

I really hope they lower the price of feeding pets soon, I always sub my pets out because paying 375 gold per feed is way too much, especially when running long elite maps. Bah.

BodMaster
11-26-2012, 11:11 PM

Think i'm gonna farm this it's not like there is anything better to do bsides farm after capping haha.

I really hope they lower the price of feeding pets soon, I always sub my pets out because paying 375 gold per feed is way too much, especially when running long elite maps. Bah.

Farmed in Rook's Hideout Regular Mother.

375 is only lvl 15, capped is 400 ;)

ETA:

Looted another just a min ago, in a pug run. War run before skell spawns, another war died and stayed at start after respawning. Then there was me and my lvl 14 mage, with a lvl 10 rogue... was going to leave, lucky I didn't no deaths and a Ribbit after kill waiting for me (:

StompArtist
11-26-2012, 11:30 PM
If you like the pet keep it. What are you going to do with 100k? Not much.at the moment....

Nightarcher
11-26-2012, 11:46 PM
If you like the pet keep it. What are you going to do with 100k? Not much.at the moment....

Agreed. Pets are much more important to the game than a few stat points you could get from spending twice as much on the "best" gear. Pets rock. :D

ScarecrowWolf
11-27-2012, 03:21 AM

Yes!! I found in Rooks Hideout as well in normal mode.

nenjih
11-28-2012, 01:40 AM

Hey you could be onto something

Things could get more expensive due to mudflation as people have more gold supply. Or newer, more powerful pets come out

Oh the other hand, 1 plat = 1000 gold and since you can get ribbit for 50 plat, I don't think it can get crazy expensive.

PvE
11-28-2012, 03:04 AM
Idk why ribbits are 75k when you can get them for 50plat in shop. I DONT see a rise of pets because when 21 cap comes out people will farm them like mad til they are below plat value.

Montanabro
11-28-2012, 03:11 AM
Idk why ribbits are 75k when you can get them for 50plat in shop. I DONT see a rise of pets because when 21 cap comes out people will farm them like mad til they are below plat value.

Some people have gold but don't have plat.

Deathpunch
11-28-2012, 07:53 AM
What do you mean? A pet that increases stats by a % retain their value much more than a pet like Malison which retains a flat increase in stats.

Sure, as the % buff will scale to whatever your stat score happens to be. It wouldn't take long for a % buff to outstrip a flat buff, making the flat buff pet less desirable to people looking to buff that particular stat.

-----
Note to reader: This post should likely be read in a sarcastic tone of voice.

DontNerfMeBro
11-28-2012, 08:38 AM
plat for a pet like malison for players willing to swipe a card is chump change. This coming from a guy who spends plat like an ***.... but I ain't the only one.

primaeva
11-30-2012, 12:52 PM
Can someone enlighten me -- how large is Ribbit's arcane radius and can it apply to another player? Sometimes I trigger it and rush to my avatar screen and the crit rate hasn't gone up.

primaeva
11-30-2012, 12:56 PM
(testing shows that it can apply to another party member. This really sucks. :()

nenjih
12-02-2012, 07:54 PM
Sell it if you can sell for 100k

Think in terms of plat value and opportunity cost. Ribbit costs 50 plat, which converts to 50k gold. Therefore you can always get ribbit later with plat.

You can't convert gold into plat but think of opportunity cost. The 100k gold you get from selling ribbit can be used to buy other things, like awesome gear. Otherwise, if you want to buy said awesome gear and you don't have the gold, you've have to buy plat to convert to gold.