PDA

View Full Version : Techno email

Rushorgtfo
11-26-2012, 09:09 AM
So when are you going to fix overpowered savage sets?

MightyMicah
11-26-2012, 09:33 AM
If Techno is working on it at all, I imagine we will see various improvements soon.

Chioricon
11-26-2012, 09:37 AM
Oh god, not this thread again.

MightyMicah
11-26-2012, 09:42 AM
Oh god, not this thread again.

Thank you for your constructive feedback.

CrimsonTider
11-26-2012, 09:47 AM
Thank you for your constructive feedback.

You have to admit, these whining, "OMG *insert here* is OP!!", please fix/nerf threads are consuming the forums.

MightyMicah
11-26-2012, 09:52 AM
You have to admit, these whining, "OMG *insert here* is OP!!", please fix/nerf threads are consuming the forums.

I know, man, I know. But it doesn't help when everyone flames the thread because of that. If people would just provide some constructive feedback, we might actually get somewhere. Instead everyone tries to post some clever kind of troll post in order to get an extra thank for their rep bar...or even just for the sake of trolling. You know?

CrimsonTider
11-26-2012, 09:58 AM
If I weren't at work, I could easily (with the help of the trusty search button) find a few threads which have discussed the new sets extensively. This thread was nit meant for constructive feedback. He could have accomplished the same feat by sending her a personal message.

MightyMicah
11-26-2012, 10:04 AM
If I weren't at work, I could easily (with the help of the trusty search button) find a few threads which have discussed the new sets extensively. This thread was nit meant for constructive feedback. He could have accomplished the same feat by sending her a personal message.

First you mentioned other wining threads. Now you're referring to this particular one. Personally, I haven't seen any constructive threads on this particular topic. I supposed that's reason enough not to post another one. All the same, if people would just try to help instead of trolling and wining about wining threads, (see the irony?) we would be much better off. It's all fine and dandy if the same topic comes up, IMO. When I was in South Korea I missed all of the discussion that happened here in the states during the day time. If the same topics pop up, nothing negative can happen. IF people would stop trolling posts like these.

wvhills
11-26-2012, 10:23 AM

I sent her a pm and the response I got was something like "thanks for your input. I'll consider it when making future sets". I can't remember the exact wording but I took from it that there wasn't going to be any changes. I invited her to join pvp and see how all bears and most birds/mages are str. To her credit she did ctf some. I guess she doesn't agree it's a problem. Now I'm going to pm her and see if I can get a 200 plat refund for my dragon pet.

Chopper
11-26-2012, 10:26 AM
how's this for constructive?

Why dont STS bump up the bird gear stats into something useful, instead of more hit %, which no one needs. How about more dmg or armour? That would be nice instead of trying to nerf others, bring us birds up to them :)

MightyMicah
11-26-2012, 10:31 AM
how's this for constructive?

Why dont STS bump up the bird gear stats into something useful, instead of more hit %, which no one needs. How about more dmg or armour? That would be nice instead of trying to nerf others, bring us birds up to them :)

That is quite constructive, indeed! So, thank you. :) The only problem I can see, is that, if dex gear gets bumped up, mages and bears could still use it. If the dodge is high, that could be a huge issue what with dodging mages and bears that also contain insane damage.

Riccits
11-26-2012, 10:39 AM
noone yet could post the stats of all 3 sets, so that pvp would be balanced and considering all hybrid builds too.

wvhills
11-26-2012, 10:50 AM
noone yet could post the stats of all 3 sets, so that pvp would be balanced and considering all hybrid builds too.

that's the key isn't it? with hybrids pvp will never be balanced. the only way to really balance it would be to go to class specific gear. We all can imagine the crying and whinning that would cause. haha.

FluffNStuff
11-26-2012, 11:04 AM
She added 10 MORE hit to the dex set. WHY??????? Add me to the whiners list!

Chopper
11-26-2012, 11:32 AM
She added 10 MORE hit to the dex set. WHY??????? Add me to the whiners list!

exactly. Geez, throwing away useless stats. Crafting should give the PLAYER the choice where to add the bonus stats. It would make it a much more diverse game with unique stated gear. I sure wont need 200% hit, unless it reduces dodge stats for being so high.

Ephesius
11-26-2012, 02:58 PM
The classes seam pretty balanced to me. Im still in humania gear with just a sythe and can beat the crafted elite ring dragon wearer people. If you know your class you can win all matches except 3v1 or 2v1 matches. Just kite and tree people do anything to win and I'm sure you will

Energizeric
11-26-2012, 03:19 PM
There is no good solution for "fixing" an OP item or set once it is already released. Remember that people have spent their hard earned gold on these sets, and if they are suddenly nerfed then you are going to have a lot of pissed off people. I know people who spent 25k+ on a pink forgotten bow back during the forgotten dungeon event only to log in the next day and find out that they couldn't equip it because of changes STS made to the item. The savage sets cost 7-9m for a set. If they were to suddenly nerf them, the outcry from that would be far worse.

Whenever they change stuff, it never fixes the problem and only makes it worse. Just leave it alone and learn from your mistakes for the next time. That is the best way to go forward.

FluffNStuff
11-26-2012, 03:33 PM
There is no good solution for "fixing" an OP item or set once it is already released. Remember that people have spent their hard earned gold on these sets, and if they are suddenly nerfed then you are going to have a lot of pissed off people. I know people who spent 25k+ on a pink forgotten bow back during the forgotten dungeon event only to log in the next day and find out that they couldn't equip it because of changes STS made to the item. The savage sets cost 7-9m for a set. If they were to suddenly nerf them, the outcry from that would be far worse.

Whenever they change stuff, it never fixes the problem and only makes it worse. Just leave it alone and learn from your mistakes for the next time. That is the best way to go forward.

No reason to nerf the savage set. Just begging for some crit on the flying set, instead of just more hit.

JaytB
11-26-2012, 04:48 PM
Instead of nerfing savage sets, they should buff the other sets. Birds and mages still have similar or less protection as compared to the previous cap, even with the current stats update. For PvE, this just doesn't make any sense to me. Harder hitting enemies and bosses, but no noticeable increase in protection. You tell me what's wrong with this picture.

Increasing protection for archers and mages would also mean that Savage set would become less OP.

Sounds like a win-win to me :D

XghostzX
11-26-2012, 05:09 PM
Instead of nerfing savage sets, they should buff the other sets. Birds and mages still have similar or less protection as compared to the previous cap, even with the current stats update. For PvE, this just doesn't make any sense to me. Harder hitting enemies and bosses, but no noticeable increase in protection. You tell me what's wrong with this picture.

Increasing protection for archers and mages would also mean that Savage set would become less OP.

Sounds like a win-win to me :D

What's wrong is that the Devs are taking scaled stats in the wrong direction. At this rate, if you keep bumping up the stats, everything regarding pvp is still luck.

They need to lower all stats on sets and scale them properly.

JaytB
11-26-2012, 05:37 PM
What's wrong is that the Devs are taking scaled stats in the wrong direction. At this rate, if you keep bumping up the stats, everything regarding pvp is still luck.

They need to lower all stats on sets and scale them properly.

I understand you're viewing this from a PvP perspective. But for PvE, nerfing stats doesn't make any sense when enemies just hit harder and harder each cap. And as for protection, I mainly meant armor (or finally increase health pool).

Elyseon
11-26-2012, 05:39 PM
The problem is these mace style weapons
Glyph mace, tiki crusher, and scythes
Have been given too much dmg which really should not be a primary stat at all for tanks
Any cap you see this many pallies or warbirds you know the stats are abit extreme
Also since its the only set with any dodge stats this cap kinda makes it doubly ridiculous

Energizeric
11-26-2012, 06:05 PM
I always found some of the stat patterns in PL to be a bit backwards. Let me just say first that I'm an old veteran of RPGs and been playing them since before many of your were born. The first RPG I played was back in the early 1980s on a Commodore. Pocket Legends is my first online RPG, but that shouldn't change the way stats for different classes are constructed.

In most RPGs, the warrior/fighter class was the one who had the highest armor and had the highest damage. Strength is what gave these attributes. The disadvantage of the warrior/fighter was that he could only attack one enemy at a time (can only swing your sword/mace at one enemy at a time) and he was big and clumsy so he could not dodge very well.

The archer/ranger/thief type of class was usually high is dexterity, which resulted in average damage and low armor, but high dodge. While he could not take a lot of damage, he was quick (i.e. high dexterity) so he could avoid attacks (i.e. high dodge) and since he often used a ranged bow-type weapon, he could stay far away from danger and attack from a distance.

The mage/sorcerer class had high intelligence which resulted in the lowest armor, but high damage using magic/spells. In some games you had to actually buy the ingredients to mix together in order to create these spells/potions, and when you used them up you had to get more. The big advantage of the mage was that he could heal himself (or the party) and could attack a group of enemies with one spell instead of having to focus his attack on only one enemy as was the case with other classes. In the higher levels the mage was often the most powerful in inflicting damage but was also the most fragile in taking damage.

Anyway, pocket legends seems to have made some strange changes to this pretty standard class structure. They have the warriors having high dodge, the warriors also being able to attack a large group (beckon/stomp), the archer having low dodge, yet the highest damage, etc. I've gotten used to it, but it really makes little sense.

AbsolutePally
11-26-2012, 06:07 PM
If only we could actually spend more time playing the game we pay so much on, instead of typing on a forum.

MightyMicah
11-26-2012, 07:50 PM
If only we could actually spend more time playing the game we pay so much on, instead of typing on a forum.

Posts like this utterly confuse me. Why would we be typing in the first place if we didn't play the game and sense a problem?

WarTornBird
11-26-2012, 08:08 PM

Posts like this utterly confuse me. Why would we be typing in the first place if we didn't play the game and sense a problem?

Micah you know I love you man. He means overcome. Theres a way to everything man. He isn't a top pvper for no reason.

Yich
11-26-2012, 08:24 PM

This is a touching story and all, but my opinion differs from yours largely. What you're saying is that if they nerf an OP item/set because of whining, people whining due to the nerf will make it not even worth nerfing it in the first place? I find that opinion to be very stupid. Sorry for the small vocabulary, but that's the nicest way I can put it. That's downright stupid. If something is OP, don't fix it because people are whining about it, fix it because it's OP. If people want to whine because they're balanced, then let them. Sure, a perfect balance isn't exactly realistic but they way you made it sound, even if something is OP, keep it that way and try not to screw up again. What about future level 75 twinks? Keeping a certain set OP isn't doing them any favors.

IMO if a set is OP, nerf that **** and be done with it. Ignore the haters, if PvP is balanced then you can't really do much more. STS goofs up all the time, there's no reason a few whiners should stop them from fixing PvP. Now I don't really know if there is an OP set because I don't even endgame. I just think if there is, nerfing it shouldn't be turned down because of prices.

Energizeric
11-26-2012, 08:55 PM
When people chose items to buy, the usually do so based on the stats. If you the stats of an item are subject to change at any time, then no item will really have any value since it can lose its usefulness at any time. Basically, you destroy the economy in pocket legends.

Elyseon
11-26-2012, 09:26 PM
When people chose items to buy, the usually do so based on the stats. If you the stats of an item are subject to change at any time, then no item will really have any value since it can lose its usefulness at any time. Basically, you destroy the economy in pocket legends.
As if glyph rate nerfs and forgotten bows didnt do enough

TANKKAAR
11-26-2012, 09:31 PM
Savage isn't OP if a mage can still kill me with one combo....

You have it backwards, birds are UP....

XghostzX
11-26-2012, 10:21 PM
I understand you're viewing this from a PvP perspective. But for PvE, nerfing stats doesn't make any sense when enemies just hit harder and harder each cap. And as for protection, I mainly meant armor (or finally increase health pool).

Ah my fault, that's true. So in this case, maybe scale the stats on all bosses and mobs by lowering them?

@tank - Yeah, I've realized after this new update that birds can be OP as well when fully geared with talon (can max out 90 dodge). Again though, each class you play has a harder time killing a different class. Regardless, the stats that have been scaled simply aren't into the correct perspective. An extremely basic solution (which wouldn't be a solution, but a starting point) is to find one or two key stats each class plays.

Deadbite
11-26-2012, 10:31 PM
Talon birds yea they are alot better than bow birds but bows still need a buff atleast make some sort of use for it.. Ima die hard bow bird hate using talon unless no other way and bows just are very squishy now... The Mage has replaced the bird... Mages 1kho me... It takes me 4-7 shts to kill a Mage maybe not even kill it...

Elyseon
11-26-2012, 10:32 PM
Dmg needs reduced and armour needs boosted bears doing 300+ slashes is ridiculous

Renegade
11-27-2012, 12:09 AM
It's a simple fix really. Lower damage and skill damage. There's no reason a mages drain should have 650 damage, a birds blast at almost 600 and bear's stomp at 450. When really at full dex with vanity bonus we barely have 550 health. Mages almost at 500. Seems bears are the only ones benefiting from the ridiculously high skill damage since they get the high 800+ health.

小孩子
11-27-2012, 04:09 AM
So when are you going to fix overpowered savage sets?

Then why don't you get yourself a set instead of complaining on forums :)

Seminole
11-27-2012, 04:33 AM
Then why don't you get yourself a set instead of complaining on forums :)

Try pvping first before coming up with solutions. Any good pvper knows that when everyone is in str sets, it sets up long boring prolonged fights and ctf matches. No skill involved, only luck. This is just one of many issues/reasons. Something a vet of pvp would know. If they nerfed all your 500m worth of items youd probably come here complaining. Matter of fact I've seen you complain before. I stay out of your situations because that is not my expertise and I know nothing about it. Same should go with you and pvp :)

小孩子
11-27-2012, 05:21 AM
Try pvping first before coming up with solutions. Any good pvper knows that when everyone is in str sets, it sets up long boring prolonged fights and ctf matches. No skill involved, only luck. This is just one of many issues/reasons. Something a vet of pvp would know. If they nerfed all your 500m worth of items youd probably come here complaining. Matter of fact I've seen you complain before. I stay out of your situations because that is not my expertise and I know nothing about it. Same should go with you and pvp :)

1) I do occasionally pvp and I don't cry when I get beaten.
2) they have nerfed items that directly affected my gold, eg: Dragon.
3) When everyone uses Str you come up with tactics eg: Switching sets mid fight, using certain combos while using certain sets etc etc.

And lastly, I may have posted useless threads on here in the past however I learnt that posting on forums does not solve the problem, sending devs a pm/Support would be better :).

Seminole
11-27-2012, 05:29 AM
1) I do occasionally pvp and I don't cry when I get beaten.
2) they have nerfed items that directly affected my gold, eg:Dragon.
3) When everyone uses Str you come up with tactics eg: Switching sets mid fight, using certain combos while using certain sets etc etc.

And lastly, I may have posted useless threads on here in the past however I learnt that posting on forums does not solve the problem, sending devs a pm/Support would be better :).

I agree to disagree in a lot that you wrote. Don't really feel like having a back and forth argument here tho so all im going to say is the majority of pvpers feel str set to be op. We feel that pming devs won't change a thing so we take it here to forums in hopes of the devs seeing the issue at hand and what the majority think. Like you said it's probably a long shot, but worth a try, and def something worth talking about here on forums.

Seminole
11-27-2012, 05:34 AM

Ok honestly, the way this game is going, does pve stats make a difference when everyone uses an elixir? I think not. Removing points out of dodge won't effect pve whether you use elixir or not anyway. I can tank with my mage and he has only 11 dodge(without str set). So this is a invalid argument. Just my two cents.

Energizeric
11-27-2012, 06:03 AM
Last night Dragnmaster borrowed my Swift Talon Set to do some pvp. He used the set for several hours, and at the end of that he asked to keep it and traded me his Savage Sycthe set for it. He said he did much better with the Talon Set and that it fit with a bird's skill set much better. During those few hours he was playing I joined a few of the games and saw him own some bears with the Savage set. So I'm not sure what you're all talking about.

JaytB
11-27-2012, 06:24 AM
Ok honestly, the way this game is going, does pve stats make a difference when everyone uses an elixir? I think not. Removing points out of dodge won't effect pve whether you use elixir or not anyway. I can tank with my mage and he has only 11 dodge(without str set). So this is a invalid argument. Just my two cents.

First of all, not everyone uses elixers. Join some random pugs if you have doubt. Assuming everyone uses elixers and base your gears' stats on that? If that's what you're saying, then I utterly disagree.

Second, what's the point of leveling to a new cap if its items aren't way better in every aspect than previous capped items? Especially with mobs/bosses hitting harder and harder. The only reason me and many others look forward to new caps is so we can make our characters stronger and stronger. Isn't that how an MMO should be? The higher you level, the stronger you get?

You might be able to tank a tiny group of mobs unpotted while your magic shield is up, but did u ever try and run as a staff mage? Or have you tried running unpotted as a bird with recurve? If an enemy as much as looks at you, you'd drop dead. And then I'm not even talking about boss fights. Fact is, mages and birds are the same or even weaker as compared to previous caps, if speaking about defence. Enemies and bosses hit way harder. So, please explain me what, according to you, makes my argument for better protection invalid?

Maybe STS should make separate stats for PvP and PvE. This way, us PvE'ers would be happy and the PvP'ers could stop complaining as they do with every new cap.

Seminole
11-27-2012, 06:51 AM
First of all, not everyone uses elixers. Join some random pugs if you have doubt. Assuming everyone uses elixers and base your gears' stats on that? If that's what you're saying, then I utterly disagree.

Second, what's the point of leveling to a new cap if its items aren't way better in every aspect than previous capped items? Especially with mobs/bosses hitting harder and harder. The only reason me and many others look forward to new caps is so we can make our characters stronger and stronger. Isn't that how an MMO should be? The higher you level, the stronger you get?

You might be able to tank a tiny group of mobs unpotted while your magic shield is up, but did u ever try and run as a staff mage? Or have you tried running unpotted as a bird with recurve? If an enemy as much as looks at you, you'd drop dead. And then I'm not even talking about boss fights. Fact is, mages and birds are the same or even weaker as compared to previous caps, if speaking about defence. Enemies and bosses hit way harder. So, please explain me what, according to you, makes my argument for better protection invalid?

Maybe STS should make separate stats for PvP and PvE. This way, us PvE'ers would be happy and the PvP'ers could stop complaining as they do with every new cap.

Elixirs is the new era. everyone uses them. Pve is not what it used to be.

The problem with getting stronger every new cap is that their is no cap to dodge, crit. Once you hit more then 80 dodge, it becomes completely ludacris. Never in history of any popular mmorpg has any class been able to go over 80 dodge. If your telling me that you can't survive unless you have 80 dodge I'll tell you that your either a bad player, or have a real bad team. On top of that, your crit is also getting stronger and stronger making you not only a dodge machine but also a damage machine.

Now I'm telling you fully buffed, even as a staff Mage, I can tank pretty good with a great team. That's only with 8 dodge. We are talking about only removing maybe 10 dodge out of the 80+ dodge a bear has, or the 50 dodge a mage has in a str set. In my opinion this would in no way effect pve the way it is now. One has to be reasonable when considering stats. Having 75-81 darn dodge is unreasonable by far, especially considering the fact we are in an elixir era.

Seminole
11-27-2012, 07:07 AM
Just joined 10 random games. in each game at least 3/4 players was running with some sort of elixir. Thus further proving my point.

JaytB
11-27-2012, 07:14 AM
Elixirs is the new era. everyone uses them. Pve is not what it used to be.

The problem with getting stronger every new cap is that their is no cap to dodge, crit. Once you hit more then 80 dodge, it becomes completely ludacris. Never in history of any popular mmorpg has any class been able to go over 80 dodge. If your telling me that you can't survive unless you have 80 dodge I'll tell you that your either a bad player, or have a real bad team. On top of that, your crit is also getting stronger and stronger making you not only a dodge machine but also a damage machine.

Now I'm telling you fully buffed, even as a staff Mage, I can tank pretty good with a great team. That's only with 8 dodge. We are talking about only removing maybe 10 dodge out of the 80+ dodge a bear has, or the 50 dodge a mage has in a str set. In my opinion this would in no way effect pve the way it is now. One has to be reasonable when considering stats. Having so much darn dodge is unreasonable by far.

If you actually read my previous posts in this topic, you'd know I never even talked about dodge lol. I mentioned armor and/or health, so I'm not sure how you try and make my comments all about dodge O.o

And you can 'tank' blacksmoke levels as an unpotted staff mage? This just made me LOL really hard. Don't get me wrong, there's always the chance that you're just infinitely better than me in PvE. If that's the case, I'd be the first to admit it. Maybe we could meet in game, so I could record a video about it. This way we could all learn from you on how to successfully tank as an unpotted staff mage, because I haven't met one in game yet and am always up to learn new things. Let me know if and when you're up for it (:

Seminole
11-27-2012, 07:30 AM
If you actually read my previous posts in this topic, you'd know I never even talked about dodge lol. I mentioned armor and/or health, so I'm not sure how you try and make my comments all about dodge O.o

And you can 'tank' blacksmoke levels as an unpotted staff mage? This just made me LOL really hard. Don't get me wrong, there's always the chance that you're just infinitely better than me in PvE. If that's the case, I'd be the first to admit it. Maybe we could meet in game, so I could record a video about it. This way we could all learn from you on how to successfully tank as an unpotted staff mage, because I haven't met one in game yet and am always up to learn new things. Let me know if and when you're up for it (:

The issue at hand here is the massive dodge, crit and maybe damage. We are talking about a matter of 10-12 dodge nerf that in my honest opinion will not effect pve.

As for tanking as staff Mage once again, like I said, when I am fully buffed, and a great team, I can tank a group of mobs no problems.

JaytB
11-27-2012, 07:48 AM
As for tanking as staff Mage once again, like I said, when I am fully buffed, and a great team, I can tank a group of mobs no problems.

I think you and I have a very different understanding about tanking. Maybe your understanding of tanking is like those bears that beckon/stomp everything all over the place? Tanking to me means staying ahead of the group in order to group enemies together so they a. Stay focussed on you and b. Allow your group to finish them off quickly. It's definitely possible as a mage but, as said, I find it hard to believe you can pull that off as an unpotted staff mage. If I'm wrong (not saying I'm not), and you actually do understand tanking, I'm still up to record that video about it ;)

Seminole
11-27-2012, 08:03 AM
I think you and I have a very different understanding about tanking. Maybe your understanding of tanking is like those bears that beckon/stomp everything all over the place? Tanking to me means staying ahead of the group in order to group enemies together so they a. Stay focussed on you and b. Allow your group to finish them off quickly. It's definitely possible as a mage but, as said, I find it hard to believe you can pull that off as an unpotted staff mage. If I'm wrong (not saying I'm not), and you actually do understand tanking, I'm still up to record that video about it ;)

I agree 100% but unfortunately those great tanking days are way behind us. Today the norm is just blasting through maps with elixirs. Anytime I farm is with elixirs and elixir teams. When I'm poor I just leech off people. I don't know anyone who plays without a elixir team where at least one have a elixir on. Especially in the plat dungeons where time is money. I also don't know anyone who would want to go through the slow process of completing a stage at a snail pace aka no elixir team. Hmm that's just my experience ya know? I def feel where your coming from tho.

As for the staff Mage, no in no way can I tank like a bear. But in the instance our tank is behind I take charge, go full buffs into the mobs and try my best to gather them to one corner and deal as much as possible damage. Now like I said maybe I can't do this mob after mob because my buffs run out, but I can do every other group of mobs no problem at all. Also keep in mind that usually two members are elixered up, therefore helping me kill mobs a lot faster thus easier tanking. Remember pvpers pve best. No dought at all in this:)

JaytB
11-27-2012, 08:26 AM
I agree 100% but unfortunately those great tanking days are way behind us. Today the norm is just blasting through maps with elixirs. Anytime I farm is with elixirs and elixir teams. When I'm poor I just leech off people. I don't know anyone who plays without a elixir team where at least one have a elixir on. Especially in the plat dungeons where time is money. I also don't know anyone who would want to go through the slow process of completing a stage at a snail pace aka no elixir. Hmm that's just my experience ya know? I def feel where your coming from tho.

As for the staff Mage, no in no way can I tank like a bear. But in the instance our tank is behind I take charge, go full buffs into the mobs and try my best to gather them to one corner and deal as much as possible damage. Now like I said maybe I can't do this mob after mob because my buffs run out, but I can do every other group of mobs no problem at all. Also keep in mind that usually two members are elixered up, therefore helping me kill mobs a lot faster thus easier tanking

I also totally agree with the elix-generation thing. Heck, I'm potted up most of the time myself. The point I was trying to make is that STS shouldn't design so called 'top' PvE gear that's barely usable without at least some players on an elix. That's why I'm rather for buffing defensive (armor/health) stats of INT and DEX sets as opposed to simply make STR sets weaker.

One other point, higher hit% is supposed to negate dodge to some (small?) extend. That also seems the reason why STS buffed hit% to such ridiculous high numbers. If INT/DEX gear would get better armor and maybe the hit% vs dodge equation would be tweaked, couldn't that make things more balanced for PvP while also benefiting PvE?

Seminole
11-27-2012, 08:29 AM
I also totally agree with the elix-generation thing. Heck, I'm potted up most of the time myself. The point I was trying to make is that STS shouldn't design so called 'top' PvE gear that's barely usable without at least some players on an elix. That's why I'm rather for buffing defensive (armor/health) stats of INT and DEX sets as opposed to simply make STR sets weaker.

One other point, higher hit% is supposed to negate dodge to some (small?) extend. That also seems the reason why STS buffed hit% to such ridiculous high numbers. If INT/DEX gear would get better armor and maybe the hit% vs dodge equation would be tweaked, couldn't that make things more balanced for PvP while also benefiting PvE?

Hmmm as I was taught, hit percent does not matter towards dodge. Could be wrong tho.

JaytB
11-27-2012, 08:35 AM
Hmmm as I was taught, hit percent does not matter towards dodge. Could be wrong tho.

That's what I always thought too, but several very knowledgeable people convinced me otherwise. I did some limited tests about this in the past, cause I didn't believe it at first. I don't have exact numbers, but there's definitely a link between hit% and dodge.

Think about it, why does a bird seem to land a hit more often on a fully buffed bear as compared to mages? At least that's what I clearly noticed when I still PvP'ed myself.

Riccits
11-27-2012, 09:01 AM
its not even about the hard hitting of the mobs, this would just encourage to have a bear in group, wich is good. really annoing is the big amount of hp and dogde the mobs have.
try to enter a BSM map with a 75 bird with best gear and try to kill 1 mob. after take a 55 bird with custom set and kill 1 mob in a Sewers map. u will c its way easier in Sewers to kill. BUT also if u use a lvl 50 bird with f.e. a void-set and use in Sewers, its pretty underpowered.
What i wanna say is we really dont have the right equip to play smoothly in BSM (and previous 2 caps). Elixiers should be there only to rush through blind, and not to fill up the gap in the equip..

CrimsonTider
11-27-2012, 09:25 AM
Class specific gear. Only STS game without it and the reason why most of these arguments only occur in PL.

MightyMicah
11-27-2012, 09:49 AM
Class specific gear. Only STS game without it and the reason why most of these arguments only occur in PL.

Amen and amen.

I wish class specific gear would have existed from the start. Seems that they can't do that now, though, without serious problems.

Ephesius
11-27-2012, 10:18 AM
Just joined 10 random games. in each game at least 3/4 players was running with some sort of elixir. Thus further proving my point.

Do you mean daily elixer I don't use elix because I don't have the plat for to buy it. Devs should make the drop rates higher so newcomers can atleast afford the.uncrafted gear so they dont get complelty owned by a rich people. I seen a 76 in humania and 65 gear in pvp and people rushed him cause of that and obviously i killed the rushers no prob

FluffNStuff
11-27-2012, 11:51 AM
I think part of the problem is the move toward offensive/defensive sets. I have pretty much given up on the bow set for PVE because even WITH elixirs I am getting shot to hell. Birds really need dodge on that set as 3X the measly armor it provides is still below the average damage of BSM boss shots. I am currently wearing a combo of Angel Talon/ Shield and other gear while working toward the full defensive crafted set ~just~ to try to stay alive for an entire Thrasher Eruption run.

JaytB
11-27-2012, 12:15 PM
I think part of the problem is the move toward offensive/defensive sets. I have pretty much given up on the bow set for PVE because even WITH elixirs I am getting shot to hell. Birds really need dodge on that set as 3X the measly armor it provides is still below the average damage of BSM boss shots. I am currently wearing a combo of Angel Talon/ Shield and other gear while working toward the full defensive crafted set ~just~ to try to stay alive for an entire Thrasher Eruption run.

Exactly as I was saying in my previous posts. Birds especially need some sort of defensive buff for their recurve set. If a bird needs to switch to a talon to survive, even on elixirs, there's something seriously wrong. It kind of defeats the purpose of being a bird if you'd have to run around in defensive gear just to be able to stay alive IMO.

As also said in previous posts, what doesn't make sense to me is that mages (especially staff mages) and (bow) birds, didn't get a defensive buff as compared to previous level caps. How are they supposed to survive when enemies hit harder, but with almost identical (or even less!) defensive stats?

XghostzX
11-27-2012, 04:29 PM
Solution: let our brilliant players fix the stats so they're suitable/balanced for PvE and PvP...

Everyone'sFavMage
11-27-2012, 04:30 PM
^^^