PDA

View Full Version : What pet do you prefer and why?

vyledust
11-26-2012, 06:21 PM
There are a lot of pets that I see as viable. Which do you prefer?

Montanabro
11-26-2012, 09:59 PM
Flap Jack.

McBain
11-26-2012, 10:36 PM
I tend to like Flap Jack as well for the monster health and mana regen. That alone would be enough, but the damage boost is great for me too, since when it comes to the mage I'm all about nuking power. Flap Jack works pretty well for all the classes really. I use it with my warrior as well.

ShadowGunX
11-26-2012, 10:53 PM
if ur full int then use ribbit or if ur str/int then use flapjack. u may also use granite.

vyledust
11-27-2012, 06:59 PM
I have Flap Jack and Esteban. Call me crazy, but I prefer Este. 10% dodge/damage, and 5% crit, plus his curselike arcane ability for when my curse is on cooldown.

limitbreak
11-27-2012, 10:42 PM
Mallison, and I wanna get Colton now

dtandel10
12-13-2012, 06:02 PM
for mage koko will be best coz of its armor

malison and ribbit is good too

vyledust
12-13-2012, 08:15 PM
for mage koko will be best coz of its armor

I agree for now. I wonder how long until that armor is not so special anymore. I think Shiloh might edge it out for defense soon, if not already.

TheHobbit
12-13-2012, 08:52 PM
Flap Jack.

Flap Jack, in most cases, i summon against Bael. Stun effect is effective. Granite for mana regen and (nobody mentioned) Cerella for armor.
Colton, ill get my hands of you soon.

DontNerfMeBro
12-16-2012, 03:08 AM

Malison overshadows every pet in any character's build. The stat bonuses are amazing. The active ability offers some great utility for the whole party, and it's AOE regular attack is just sick.

vyledust
12-19-2012, 08:54 PM
While I disagreed on Malison before the expansion, with the changes to hp, I have to agree on it being a top pet now.

Khahl
12-20-2012, 06:59 PM
I've been on a Flap Jack kick since the expansion... it seems like the stun, the extra damage, and the regen is a great benefit. I do use Ribbit for the criticals when I really need to blow off a lot of dps really fast, but the survivability advantage of Flap Jack is my favorite right now. I have Mallison as well, which I think was a waste of my plat honestly. The 20 to each stat is alright... but it's really not a big advantage versus the criticals or the damage/stuns.

In the future, I am definitely going to be getting Colton. I've been doing my dailies every day (though I did miss a couple days so far, honestly ^_^) trying to get those darn coins to 200 as fast as I can. I think I'm probably at about 140 right now, but it's going to be a long road to get the 200 at only 4 each day!

I do also occasionally pull out my Granite pet, though I am honestly feeling like he is an inferior version of Flap Jack.

vyledust
12-20-2012, 11:07 PM
Estaban, Kodo, Malison and Ribbit. I have a tough choice between those ones. Shiloh was my pvp choice until they lowered the damage redux.

Energizeric
12-21-2012, 04:08 AM
For me Flap Jack, Ribbit & Koko...

Flap Jack is best when farming mobs because you save money by using less potions since he gives great health & mana regen.

Ribbit is best for bosses because of the high crit along with lightning giving 250% on a critical hit makes a good combo, plus he gives a nice STR bonus which adds lots of extra health points.

And I use Koko for the high armor for places like Hauntlet where the mobs can overwhelm you. Koko also gives a nice INT bonus which increases damage.

krakuus
12-21-2012, 06:52 PM
Wrathjaw looks good ;>

Jed
12-22-2012, 10:27 AM
I'm pretty obsessed with Flap Jack. The 15% damage, plus great regen is simply amazing. I'm pretty cheap though, and shove him back in the stable when he gets sad. I switch in Granite often when this happens, though the only thing Granite really benefits me for is his +4 mana, which is low compared to Flap. I use Ribbit occasionally, but he's fairly useless for a mage like me who relies heavily on skills. Deston is pretty cool with his 10% speed, useful in situations like towns and right after I die (catching up to the group).
And I use a few other pets occasionally, but the mix of Flap, Granite and Deston usually suits me just fine.

grunt226
12-23-2012, 02:28 PM
No one has mentioned blight? 10% damage 5% crit and 5 mp regen... Not to shabby, if you ask me.

gundamsone
12-25-2012, 08:24 AM
blights the best offensive mobbing pet imo. the arcane spec on it is like a skill on its own (mini spell + mini curse)

otherwise colten wins hands down

DontNerfMeBro
12-25-2012, 09:02 AM
I'm pretty obsessed with Flap Jack. The 15% damage, plus great regen is simply amazing. I'm pretty cheap though, and shove him back in the stable when he gets sad. I switch in Granite often when this happens, though the only thing Granite really benefits me for is his +4 mana, which is low compared to Flap. I use Ribbit occasionally, but he's fairly useless for a mage like me who relies heavily on skills. Deston is pretty cool with his 10% speed, useful in situations like towns and right after I die (catching up to the group).
And I use a few other pets occasionally, but the mix of Flap, Granite and Deston usually suits me just fine.

this brings the issue of limited viability into the thought process. I can totally relate to this solution by rotation... but if you're not confined by cost parameters, isn't malison simply the best pick?