PDA

View Full Version : Weapon with higher damage but decrease in stat?

Godkiu
11-26-2012, 08:19 PM
I have 2 rogue weapons

Mighty Lifethief of Potency
49.5 damage, 20strength, 10intelligence

Agile Heartseekers of Tactics
58.3 damage, 20dexterity, 5intelligence, 1.41%crit

When I am equipped with agile, my damage decreases by 1.7. Is there a bug or something?

Azedrab
11-26-2012, 08:27 PM
I have noticed the exact same thing when looking in the consignment shop for possible upgrades. It's thoroughly confusing and I'd like an explanation too!

ShadowGunX
11-26-2012, 09:17 PM
there is two dmg types: bonus dmg nd base dmg.
bonus dmg is in % wich indicates about d skill dmg.
base dmg indicates about ur weapon doing flat dmg at boss or mobs without using skills.
So if u want to do more skill dmg then use weaps det give more bonus dmg And
If u want to do more dmg by ur weap then use weaps that give more base dmg then other

Azedrab
11-26-2012, 09:47 PM
Either I didn't understand your explanation or you missed the problem completely.

The agile heartseekers of tactics state that they give more base damage than the mighty lifethief of potency. However, when equipped, the 'damage' stat as shown under the avatar tab, reveals LESS damage. We're not talking about bonus damage at all, just the disparity in difference of base damage as shown in the character tab and as shown on the weapon. If your answer addresses this problem, please explain in more detail, because I really don't see the connection.

ShadowGunX
11-26-2012, 10:17 PM
lol nw i understand that u want to kno about dmg differences between those two weaps. umm i will hav to see first in auction. sry my bad

akfury
11-27-2012, 02:50 AM
Umm doesn't the dexterity add to the damage cause your a rouge ?... Just saying

Lightningspeed
11-27-2012, 03:49 AM
Those are not the only weapons with those bugs. There are some mage weapons with the same error, but I can't remember the items' names now. I remembered checking that weapon A had more intelligence and damage, but somehow weapon B with less intelligence and damage proved to have a higher damage value on the character page.

akfury, agile heartseekers has higher damage AND dexterity, so there should be no reason why it should have lower damage for a rogue.

Godkiu
11-27-2012, 03:51 AM
Umm doesn't the dexterity add to the damage cause your a rouge ?... Just saying

so a rougue weapon with higher base damage + 20 dex -> decrease in stat?

Zaodtes
11-27-2012, 05:16 AM
I wondered if that might be a damage vs. DPS issue? Might be weapon shows damage and char page shows DPS? That'd mean the heartseekers are slower.

Astrocat
11-27-2012, 05:48 AM
Fire axes (choppas and emblazed) have been fixed. Damage is much lower now. People will want trollbanes now xD

Zaodtes
11-27-2012, 10:13 AM
Fire axes (choppas and emblazed) have been fixed. Damage is much lower now. People will want trollbanes now xD

Just a random warrior information coming through... :p

Astrocat
11-27-2012, 10:18 AM

wat

Deathpunch
11-27-2012, 11:37 AM

Lol, yep, has nothing to do with anything in here.

On topic: I wonder if the strength bonus is the difference.

-----
Note to reader: This post should likely be read in a sarcastic tone of voice.

Samhayne
11-27-2012, 12:28 PM
Hey guys, the Dev Team is working on a damage display issue that is not reporting correct damage values. The issue comes up when a weapon has a proc or damage add from an ability tied to the weapon (you know, magic!). Here's a link to the known issue report I put up earlier about it. Our apologies for the problem:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?77002-Known-Issues