PDA

View Full Version : Tank build for elites

Ladykiss
11-27-2012, 12:35 AM
I just hit 15 & started doing elites yesterday and everyone keeps asking me how I'm stopping the boss's wind up. I'm obviously using Staggering Blow with Chest Splitter, but I'm wondering whether or not this is common knowledge. Anyway, it makes fighting elite bosses pretty easy and I may go through anywhere between 0-10 pots per boss depending on group make up and whether or not there are other healers.
You obviously need Flapjack for this build, but having Flapjack will allow you to forget about Vengeful Blood. On bosses I never windmill, in case I need to CS for an interrupt, but I feel it's still good to have for packs of trash mobs regular & Elite alike. I think I'll put the last point into Extended Reach, when I hit 16, but I'm really not sure yet. Please feel free to critique this build, even if it's something like "You should be using Vengeful Blood and Ribbit instead."

Chest Splitter
- Staggering Blow
Windmill
- Increased Radius
- Blender
- Prolonged Spin
Axe Throw
- Denting Blow
- Blacksmith's Touch
- Chained Bait
Horn of Renew
- Increase Duration
- Challenge
- Protective Shield

ShadowGunX
11-27-2012, 06:24 AM
pretty bst boss fight build. btw give d last point at relentless strike for more mob control in CS

epicfailguy
11-27-2012, 11:31 AM
i dont think the chest splitter ability of interrupting wind up attacks nor is the fact that chest splitter has taunt added to it is common knowledge. while grinding up to level 16 (just 2k left!) and doing elite runs i have been paying very close attention to what abilities other warriors use and very few have chest splitter. this may be due to the fact that one of the upgrade abilities eludes to the fact that it has a limited number of targets and respecs arent free (well, they currently are). thus, people just stay away from it. IMO, chest splitter and renew are the two most important abilities in the warrior line up. after that they can probably go with whatever works for their play-style.

i have a different build than you, after trying a couple different set ups, but thus far i have had no real issues and very much enjoy it. the only time i have had an issue is when a person just goes right into attacking a giant group that is bigger than my current renew taunt range. then it takes me a bit of dancing around using abilities to get everything back together. and even that isnt my fault, it is just their stupidity.

i have been using ribbit, but will have to get flapjack as well. that ae stun ability looks... fun...

upalto
11-28-2012, 05:58 AM
I think it is nessesary to include Horn of Renew (all 5) and Chest Splitter(Staggering Blow) in build for tanking.

NeoKing
11-29-2012, 04:26 AM
I gotta say this is a very efficient build. I respec into this build from the cookie cutter "Ribbit + Vengeful" build. This is a great build for farming bosses on elite maps. I barely end up using any HP pots, though I am using Flap Jack now I still have to occasionally use a few MP pots. But I would recommend this build to any Elite farmers out there. Chest Splitter you've won me over :D

mafiainc42
11-30-2012, 05:12 AM
5/5 venge 4/5 wind 3/5 ax 3/5 hammer Flap as pet

Rot
11-30-2012, 07:26 AM
Thanks!

Kenoon
12-05-2012, 05:26 PM
Past few days i had been testing and respec my skills for around 6 times.

My final conclusion for elite map tank farming skill would be similar but i chose Skyward Smash over Windmill for faster clearance of mobs due to shorter cooldown.
I also prefer to have Skyward Smash as PvP skill in future versus Windmill since i can lock onto opponent all the time!

Once mobs are cleared, use Axe to pull the elite boss to your safe spot.

Spam your normal attacks if your mana is low,

If not use Skyward Smash with chance to stun.

The moment the boss starts to wind up, use Chest Splitter to cancel his skill.

Always use Charged Horn of Renew to keep your aggro/threat up in skill cycle.

This will prevent the boss from attacking the high dps class like rogue.

Throw axe during skill cycle to keep the -defense bonus on the boss consistently.

Always spam Flapjack's skill once available since it gives -10% defense & chance to stun on enemy too.

Repeat.

Skills to learn:

Chest splitter
#3 (learn this at lv16 only), #4

Skyward Smash
#1, #2, #3

Axe throw
#1, #3, #4

Horn of Renew
#2, #3, #4

Basically just download & support the free apps until you can unlock the Flapjack pet.

If possible, get the 75 plats Arcane package for easier tanking but you may choose to skip this step and start farming elite maps.
Hope it helps!

DontNerfMeBro
12-05-2012, 08:29 PM
vengeful with full perks is simply too good to omit from any build. malison is still my favorite in any situation. Over 9 levels of skill points?! OMG? 15% dodge?! fun for everyone!

Your dead on with chest splitter. interrupt is your role.

Reggin
12-05-2012, 11:03 PM
I use a similar tank build. No windmill and add juggernaut. Helps keep aggro with bad gear. I also use nexus for the str dodge and damage reduction with the never go oom arcane ability.

Kenoon
12-07-2012, 03:15 PM
After farming for few days at Elite maps, i think i will remove 3rd skill of Chest Splitter and add to 2nd skill of Axe throw for tanking since the 25% chance to stun boss are quite useful in my opinion.

Basically skills i used during tanking are Chest splitter to counter wind-up, axe throw, charged horn of renew and normal attacks.
Uses 0 pot if i have another warrior with HOR or healing mage. Aggro is still with me as long as i use Charged HOR, axe throw and Chest splitter consistently.

BboyJacko
12-09-2012, 10:05 AM
I dont get it,why you prefer the Axe Throw upon Skyward smash???

Reggin
12-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Axe throw taunts, reduces armor so whole party hits harder, and can pull an elite mob to prevent pulling a whole group. Skyward does none of these things!