PDA

View Full Version : IOS bug reports (initial AL version)

MeGaDuMb
11-27-2012, 11:48 AM
AL crashes when I click the round play button on the first game screen.
(iPad 2 / WiFi / iOS 5.1.1)

Back to Android

Samhayne
11-27-2012, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the bug report, we'll check into it.

asommers
11-27-2012, 11:58 AM
What's your character name?

-ALS

MeGaDuMb
11-27-2012, 12:01 PM
megadumber is my toons name.
right before installing the ios version I respecced my skills on my Android. Maybe iOS expects not respecced skills?
just my dev gut feeling ;-)

MeGaDuMb
11-27-2012, 12:06 PM
Rebooted & tried again. Still crashing.
Right after the round "play" button I see the cub walking (loading). After 1 or 2 seconds I'm warped into iOS.
(I downloaded the game from the itunes link Sam posted)

MeGaDuMb
11-27-2012, 12:12 PM
lol, I can enter the tavern through the dailies/daily quests buttons ;-) and then out of the tavern ;-)

MeGaDuMb
11-27-2012, 12:13 PM
either the tavern trick or A.Summers fixed it ;-)
"Play" button is working now !
Thanks guys !

(edit: 5 hours or so later. Still a lot of crashes after all :-(

Skeletonlord
11-27-2012, 12:14 PM
Also having problems. I can't get past "Adjusting", when you log in.

CrimsonTider
11-27-2012, 12:15 PM
What's your character name?

-ALS

Crimsontider. Nice to meet you!

(Yes... slow day in the classroom today.)

Samhayne
11-27-2012, 12:18 PM
Also having problems. I can't get past "Adjusting", when you log in.

What device and OS version are you playing on Skeletenlord?

Samhayne
11-27-2012, 12:18 PM
Crimsontider. Nice to meet you!

(Yes... slow day in the classroom today.)

Crimson, are you having trouble playing on an iOS device? If so, please list the device model and OS version. If not, well then have a nice day in the Classroom :)

MeGaDuMb
11-27-2012, 12:20 PM
LOL on behalf of the working class !

CrimsonTider
11-27-2012, 12:23 PM
Crimson, are you having trouble playing on an iOS device? If so, please list the device model and OS version. If not, well then have a nice day in the Classroom :)

No. It was a failed attempt at comedy. I shall go back to beating... I mean... educating my students. :/

MeGaDuMb
11-27-2012, 12:56 PM
ALS, the "start" button crashes (start of thread) are back. It also just happened when I jumped to Kraag from the world map.
I'm pausing for an hour or so. Feel free to use my toon 'megadumber' to reproduce.

Skeletonlord
11-27-2012, 01:04 PM
Sam, I'm using an iPod Touch 4G 8GB with iOS 6.01. (the latest version).

MeGaDuMb
11-27-2012, 04:54 PM
ok, devs, here is my best guess as to the round "start" button crashes. See my original posts in this thread.
Somehow I'm unable to travel to Kraag on the world map (game force closes). It also does this when I press the "start" button,
My guess is Kraag is my "default"/continue area.
I've been able to play all levels in one run without crashing. It's just Kraag I can't enter.

edit: I changed my last visited area to another town on my android, and I could use "start" on iOS. Worked like a charm. I can travel everywhere,
EXCEPT to Kraag (force closes/crashes my iPad).

Ladycandyheal
11-27-2012, 04:57 PM
I hve an ipad Mini. When i logged in using my Android email, it said wrong password. I kept trying, nothing. It then lead me to create a Warrior. I created a new character unaware i could carry my Android character over.

Now it has two of the Same email under STS nexus when I went to modify my account. HELP! Someone please help me?

No matter what I do, signing into iOS takes me to the new warrior, not the Android character. Should I delete the new one? Scared to until someone in tech can help me.

What do I do?

Edit: Deleted my level 8 new warrior on iOS, logged in again with my android email, password and it STILL acts like I'm new. It does not login me in under my Android character! I just lost a level 8 character and now I can't even login to my old warrior.

Sam, you here?

Rare
11-27-2012, 05:14 PM
I hve an ipad Mini. When i logged in using my Android email, it said wrong password. I kept trying, nothing. It then lead me to create a Warrior. I created a new character unaware i could carry my Android character over.

Now it has two of the Same email under STS nexus when I went to modify my account. HELP! Someone please help me?

No matter what I do, signing into iOS takes me to the new warrior, not the Android character. Should I delete the new one? Scared to until someone in tech can help me.

What do I do?

Edit: Deleted my level 8 new warrior on iOS, logged in again with my android email, password and it STILL acts like I'm new. It does not login me in under my Android character! I just lost a level 8 character and now I can't even login to my old warrior.

Sam, you here?

How were you logging in under Android? As an STS account or a google account?

Ladycandyheal
11-27-2012, 05:22 PM
I was helped! YAY! I wasn't hitting the X on the login screen, I saw the google login and successfully logged on to my Android character. Yes!

Rare
11-27-2012, 05:27 PM
My registered STS account says 2010 and it was through google of course

My android character was registered 11-14 2012

What I mean is when you sign on with Android did you use

"Sign in with Google" or "Sign in with Email"?

Someone earlier said they were signing in with Google, but had some issues buying plat. When they signed on with their email through "sign in with email", it created a new account. Sounds like that is what is happening to you. What I mean is, if up until now you've been signing in with Google, then when you sign in with STS you will not have any toons because these accounts are not linked. Maybe its not the case.

Ladycandyheal
11-27-2012, 05:39 PM
I was helped! YAY! I wasn't hitting the X on the login screen, I saw the google login and successfully logged on to my Android character. Yes!

Bebsi
11-30-2012, 06:36 PM
I still have disconnect problems.

Sometimes it's the city of Kraag, but mostly tomb and crypt maps that causes disconnection.
After I get disconnected I can't login any more and need to use my android device to jump to a map that's working for iPad.
I'm using iPad 3 4G with the iOS before the latest one.

What is causing this?
I have no problems on my android device.

MeGaDuMb
12-09-2012, 01:03 PM
i'm also having the original problem I filed in the OP and further on ,
--> Not being able to enter Kraag on iOS. Either from the "start" button or from the map. (poof, back to iOS).

MeGaDuMb
12-17-2012, 04:21 PM
Since the 12-17 update I'm able to enter Kraag !
A bugfix well done ! (what was the problem anyway devs?)