PDA

View Full Version : Camera zoom in Options menu - bug?

Eviljack
11-27-2012, 11:55 PM
I've noticed that when I set the camera zoom level in the Options menu, it automatically resets to the default as soon as I go to a new area. This is frustrating to me, because I prefer to have the camera zoomed in more. I find that I have to set the zoom level to my liking every time I enter a new area.

I realize that I can pinch to zoom in/out, but I thought the whole point of having it in the Options was be so I shouldn't have to adjust the zoom every few minutes. Sometimes I only spend 1-2 minutes in each area to pick up quests, and I'd rather not have to adjust the zoom every time I warp.

Since this is a setting in the Options menu, I would expect it to remember my setting. The game remembers everything else I set in the Options menu, as far as I can tell. I'm not sure if this is a bug or just something that was overlooked. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding it. As a player, here's how I would expect this setting to work: when I go to the Options menu and drag the camera zoom slider, warping from a town to a cave should not reset it.

I'm running the latest version of AL (11/27) on Android. Thanks!

Illamina
11-28-2012, 11:58 PM
I've had this same issue on my Iphone, I know that doesn't help you, but I wanted to throw in with you as far as this being a problem. Blerg!:ambivalence:

Samhayne
11-29-2012, 11:39 AM
Thanks for taking the time to report the issue!

Eviljack
12-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Thanks for taking the time to report the issue!

Just to follow up, I have now realized that the Option menu forgets other things, too. For example, I'm having the same problem as this person: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?78503-Invite-all-in-HUD-option