PDA

View Full Version : Too many useless rouges ruining the elite village runs

lilweezy
11-28-2012, 03:27 AM
All they do is stand around and drop health packs all over the place.

DontNerfMeBro
11-28-2012, 03:40 AM
how you haven't been flamed so far is beyond me. I totally agree.

Mears
11-28-2012, 03:48 AM
People don't no how to play rouges' mine is a beast

Godkiu
11-28-2012, 03:50 AM
a good rogue can deal massive damage though

Cero
11-28-2012, 04:31 AM
rogue is deadly, seen a few who knows how to play rogue and change my thoughts about rogue class.

WinterKate
11-28-2012, 04:38 AM
Hey, I beg to disagree. A few, yes. There are ways of finding out how to play it right. :p

Edit: And, since when did rogues tank? :p I tanked for one map. SOME "useless" warriors watching and going in for the kill when the rogues and mages are about to die. :p

Montanabro
11-28-2012, 05:03 AM

"Moulin Rouge" is a good movie but I was unaware it made it into AL.

McBain
11-28-2012, 05:11 AM
Rogue. It's spelled "rogue." The u goes after the g.

PvE
11-28-2012, 05:14 AM
My rogue is built for only elite bossing. Alot of newer players dont know how to allocate their skills correctly leading to people with janked up stats and not knowing what to do. Honestly the influx on people its bound to happen. I, myself, have had time to tweek my account to fit my playing style which i found was bossing.

Zaodtes
11-28-2012, 05:17 AM
"Moulin Rouge" is a good movie
:disturbed:

Tenebrific
11-28-2012, 05:19 AM
@ mears how did u spend ur 90 power points?
My rogue sucks...I was thinking to respect n make it all strength n mana...

bbt1
11-28-2012, 05:30 AM
Dropping health packs is a bad thing?

Cahaun
11-28-2012, 05:34 AM
If you don't like how other people play, then make a party with people you will. People are free to have their own build, and so do you. There's no true rogue build, and there's no true healer class. The skills we choose are based on how we play with a class. Those health packs the rogue drops around is really helpful for the team so there is no reason to flame at a person trying to be a healer.

DontNerfMeBro
11-28-2012, 05:51 AM
rogues can't solo. not a discussion. just a fact

WinterKate
11-28-2012, 07:13 AM

If rogues cannot solo, can you? :)

mike1298
11-28-2012, 07:18 AM

Yes they can. You just don't know how to.

Zaodtes
11-28-2012, 07:26 AM

The sky is green. Not a discussion. Just another fact

NiN
11-28-2012, 07:40 AM

Bs.
50% of the tanks dont say put making everybody take a hit.
And 80% of the time i get aggro even if i let warrior hit the boss for 5-10 secs.
Learn how to play

DontNerfMeBro
11-28-2012, 07:41 AM
My rogue is built for only elite bossing. Alot of newer players dont know how to allocate their skills correctly leading to people with janked up stats and not knowing what to do. Honestly the influx on people its bound to happen. I, myself, have had time to tweek my account to fit my playing style which i found was bossing.

wow... I mean really. Tell us more!

DontNerfMeBro
11-28-2012, 07:42 AM
Bs.
And 80% of the time i get aggro even if i let warrior hit the boss for 5-10 secs.
Learn how to play

learn to speak

DontNerfMeBro
11-28-2012, 07:42 AM
If rogues cannot solo, can you? :)

what?

DontNerfMeBro
11-28-2012, 07:44 AM

thanks. With your tips you make it so easy thx for your post

Flamberge
11-28-2012, 07:52 AM
Hey DontNerfMeBro why are you being so sarcastic? You know you can get banned for flaming almost all the people in this thread.

Rare
11-28-2012, 08:00 AM

You are right. There definitely aren't any sorcerors or warriors that do that.

WinterKate
what?

Wrong answer. Read again. :)

Players are working hard to get their stats and skills right for their rogues. They should not be rendered useless, the same way I shouldn't rant because I have experienced tanking for three warriors in one map. :)

Rare
I can't solo with a rogue. not a discussion. just a fact

Lol. Fixed it for you

Koedt
11-28-2012, 08:07 AM
Nox bolt + Aimed shot spamming = hooray.
But I often get the aggro in stead of the warrior trying to tank it.

So in some way, I should create another thread;
Too many useless warriors in elite dungeons.
They dont know to to take aggro and tank the darn boss.

Godkiu
11-28-2012, 08:45 AM
Nox bolt + Aimed shot spamming = hooray.
But I often get the aggro in stead of the warrior trying to tank it.

So in some way, I should create another thread;
Too many useless warriors in elite dungeons.
They dont know to to take aggro and tank the darn boss.

Some warriors just keep moving around and don't know how to tank

*Zero*
11-28-2012, 08:57 AM
lol a this whole thread. seems you guys are running with bad players. try running with guildies and quit pugging. I personally can show all you new warriors "How to tank" it's not hard.

mike1298
11-28-2012, 09:04 AM

thanks. With your tips you make it so easy thx for your post

I don't help flamers. Grow up. If anyone wants tips they can ask me in game, ign who. Now please do everyone a favor and quit trying to troll.

ShadowGunX
11-28-2012, 09:30 AM
wait for pvp to cme nd then u will kno wat rogues r!!!
nd btw d class depends upon d build nd d playstyle.

themars
11-28-2012, 09:40 AM
lol a this whole thread. seems you guys are running with bad players. try running with guildies and quit pugging. I personally can show all you new warriors "How to tank" it's not hard.

Cause you are a damn good tank zero, still remember the day u taught me in sl :D

*Zero*
11-28-2012, 09:43 AM
Cause you are a damn good tank zero, still remember the day u taught me in sl :D

wow where ya been stranger!

Thegrimreaper
11-28-2012, 09:46 AM
lmao...my rogue is just as good as my mage.....you need the right build......just cause theres 4 skill slots doesnt mean u have to use 4 skills..,.shadow piercer, aimed shot and trap...all maxed...all i need

gundamsone
11-28-2012, 09:50 AM
I love rogues, can't run w/o one

Vystirch
11-28-2012, 09:51 AM
Running without a rouge make spilling stuff so slow....

themars
11-28-2012, 09:58 AM

wow where ya been stranger!

I was always with you bud u just didn't know :) if u ever see a ninja following you in AL its probably me :)

Was playing pl, wom, wow and now its time for al :D will message you in-game ;)

ShadowGunX
11-28-2012, 10:06 AM
lol my rogue can solo kraag tombs. my build is aimed shot(maxed); shadow veil(maxed); combat medic 2 nd noxious bolt 2. wen i will b 16 d last ppint will b added to nox bolt

gundamsone
11-28-2012, 10:10 AM
my friend she hits over 1400 on elite boss

CAN YOU?

edit: this is non elixired

Tenebrific
11-28-2012, 10:13 AM
Those are the skills u use...the build is other...
Anyway, what's a good rogue build for elite maps?
I had strength n dmg but since I can't even go through the first row of mobs in the first elite map, I was thinking to make a health n int build....I know it sounds so no rogueish but I really need to survive at least at the first hit -.-

Lightningspeed
11-28-2012, 10:16 AM
Don't generalize based on just one bad rogue. It's the same as saying all oranges are bad just simply because you tried one before, and it was a rotten one. Good rogues know how to deal damage AND support the group in their own ways. If you see a rogue, or rather, a player whose playing skills are terrible, add that person to your ignore list and make sure never to run with him/her again, or try to teach that person so that there'll be one less bad player, and one more good player.

Tenebrific
11-28-2012, 10:31 AM
That's the point. The supposed good players don't share suggestions. They only go saying I'm great, u suck. Say how to improve so that there will be less complaining players!

DontNerfMeBro
11-28-2012, 10:31 AM
lol my rogue can solo kraag tombs. my build is aimed shot(maxed); shadow veil(maxed); combat medic 2 nd noxious bolt 2. wen i will b 16 d last ppint will b added to nox bolt

spec to the teeth with dex,? mana issues?

ShadowGunX
11-28-2012, 10:41 AM
str/dex. i hav mana regen pet named granite.

Tenebrific
11-28-2012, 10:43 AM
If u go for dex u get dmg but the mana is always down n u need to use pots after using each skill...
Furthermore that way u die fast.
That's why I was thinking to go for health (to last more) n for int (to don't go out of mana)

StompArtist
11-28-2012, 10:44 AM
Thus it begins. In a month's time everyone who doesn't play exactly like this or that will be deemed a bad player and we can all turn into bots.

DontNerfMeBro
11-28-2012, 10:47 AM
spec to the teeth with dex,? mana issues?

kinda sucks having to utilize a mana regeneration pet as a rogue doesn't it? I'm not dissing rogue players. I think they deserve a nice buff that's all

gundamsone
11-28-2012, 10:58 AM
costs 350 gold for 50 mana pots in guild hall

mana and hp regeneration is the least of peoples worries trust me...

BodMaster
11-28-2012, 11:01 AM
Tanked Elite Jarl many times on my Rogue, when no aggro Warrior.

They respec, and we are good to go again.

I know it's "greedy" but I do not even have medic in my build.. though it's fun to cover the whole of Kraag in them. (And good for when you are leveling)

ShadowGunX
11-28-2012, 11:02 AM
kinda sucks having to utilize a mana regeneration pet as a rogue doesn't it? I'm not dissing rogue players. I think they deserve a nice buff that's all

yup dey need mana buff. u can say it like det instead of posting negatively.

StompArtist
11-28-2012, 11:02 AM

I know it's "greedy" but I do not even have medic in my build.. though it's fun to cover the whole of Kraag in them. (And good for when you are leveling)

Me either. Medic is a waste of skills!

ShadowGunX
11-28-2012, 11:04 AM

lol jarl is a slow hitter. u get enough time to run away.

Rare
11-28-2012, 11:06 AM
learn to speak

Type

StompArtist
11-28-2012, 11:07 AM
Type

Pyte?

Mears
11-28-2012, 11:07 AM

I solo all maps except elite and 9 times out of ten tank harder then the knight

Wrath
11-28-2012, 11:17 AM

Woot!!!

Tenebrific
11-28-2012, 11:30 AM
To run solo maps as a rogue u need health above all.
The problem is to run elite maps...
If u die with just a single hit then u should put all in health n mana, but that way can u still be called a rogue?
I don't like the fact the supposed characteristic of a class makes it weaker rather than making it stronger.

Ephesius
11-28-2012, 11:42 AM
Lol I can tell already tell I'm going to be one of the top pvpers in arcane legends like I am in pocket legends. You guys seem confused on how the skill system works. Btw you should go all dex you are a rouge after all

StompArtist
11-28-2012, 11:43 AM
Btw you should go all dex you are a rouge after all

I am a Rogue hence not full dex.

Tenebrific
11-28-2012, 12:15 PM
@ephesius how many deaths do u have if u are a full dex rogue? -.-

mike1298
11-28-2012, 12:22 PM
Right now my build is about.. 14 str, 14 int, rest dex... So almost full dex. Health is around 890, means around 550, damage is around 181-183.

21.5k kills and 120 deaths. More then half the deaths were from random groups in elite.

I know you were directing at someone else but just saying gear/pets can add lots of strength.

Rare
11-28-2012, 12:25 PM

No he's a full dex rouge

Ephesius
11-28-2012, 12:51 PM
About 20 but its mainly when I try to play in groups the game starts freezing and I die. All of my deaths are from lag. But I'm deleting my char anyways so I can take my forum name so people can get jelous that I'm pro here to like I am in pocket legends. By the way my char is on the leaderboards idk whats gonna happen when I delete him but I can easily get on the lb again

dmspker
11-28-2012, 12:55 PM
I can solo elite jarl 16 rogue ign Achievement , yes iam 700+- hp 465 defence 103 dps no elite items :) beat me

Aeroflame
11-28-2012, 03:11 PM
make your rogue lift weights

btw I know a lot of rogues that deal quick damage in succession, and the girl that usually runs with me make my hits often go critical

Nommos
11-28-2012, 03:41 PM
topicstarter if you dont like the health packs, then add me in the game. I dont even have that skill :P
basically i dont even have four skills :D
but how much is your highest crit damage you have noticed, and how often u do critical hit?
yesterday i noticed the highest crit damage and it was 614 on first boss in elite forest, and 624 on simple mob (not boss). And i crit very often (some times and 2 times in row) ;)

ScarecrowWolf
11-28-2012, 04:14 PM
Unless you have a million health packs at this stage of the game with the cap only being 16 nobody really knows how to play the elite yet.

But if i walked into a game that had only rogues in it, i would walk out because i tried it one time in kragg and i was using health packs back and forth. I was doing all the damage and it was taking to long. Almost as if i was doing it myself and they were there to make the enemies harder for me lol. Rogues need to put their stats in the dex and mana and quit focussing on their health. The health part of the stats should be consumed by warriors the most if the the warriors are tanking.

mike1298
11-28-2012, 04:31 PM
Unless you have a million health packs at this stage of the game with the cap only being 16 nobody really knows how to play the elite yet.

But if i walked into a game that had only rogues in it, i would walk out because i tried it one time in kragg and i was using health packs back and forth. I was doing all the damage and it was taking to long. Almost as if i was doing it myself and they were there to make the enemies harder for me lol. Rogues need to put their stats in the dex and mana and quit focussing on their health. The health part of the stats should be consumed by warriors the most if the the warriors are tanking.

With the right gear rogues can have highish health and only put 10 points in strength if any.

Rare
11-28-2012, 04:39 PM
But if i walked into a game that had only rogues in it, i would walk out

That goes for all the classes. You could play with 4 warriors but it would take 3 hours.

4 sorcerors would spend all their time waking back to the boss.

STS got this right so far it seems. The elite maps require all three class to run effectively.

mike1298
11-28-2012, 04:44 PM
But if i walked into a game that had only rogues in it, i would walk out

That goes for all the classes. You could play with 4 warriors but it would take 3 hours.

4 sorcerors would spend all their time waking back to the boss.

STS got this right so far it seems. The elite maps require all three class to run effectively.

Duo map with warrior tanking and either a dps rogue or sorcerer is fast. Don't need all three to run efficiently.

title should change rogue to warrior. Half the random pugs warriors can't tank or deal damage. Half of em run around the map doing absolutely minimal damage and losing aggro to Mages and rogues.

dmspker
11-28-2012, 04:47 PM
Duo map with warrior tanking and either a dps rogue or sorcerer is fast. Don't need all three to run efficiently.

Indeed , ( also reply to highest crit question :) it 815 on elite jarl

mike1298
11-28-2012, 04:49 PM

Indeed , ( also reply to highest crit question :) it 815 on elite jarl

So far my Max on elite jarl is 950. People have done more. Just need to get nox, smoke and aimed timed right.

StompArtist
11-28-2012, 04:49 PM

title should change rogue to warrior. Half the random pugs warriors can't tank or deal damage. Half of em run around the map doing absolutely minimal damage and losing aggro to Mages and rogues.

How about changing it to "bad players ruin the image of their respective classes!"?

mike1298
11-28-2012, 04:50 PM

How about changing it to "bad players ruin the image of their respective classes!"?

Much better :-P.

Rare
11-28-2012, 05:15 PM

Well...it "can be done" with two. But is much more effective with all 3.

mike1298
11-28-2012, 05:17 PM

Well...it "can be done" with two. But is much more effective with all 3.

I have duoed elite jarl in less than a minute. Haven't done that with three yet, fastest with three was about a minute flat.

Rare
11-28-2012, 05:18 PM
I have duoed elite jarl in less than a minute. Haven't done that with three yet, fastest with three was about a minute flat.

We talking elixired or non-elixired?

And what was the difference in number of pots used? I'm guessing if you're killing that fast, the warrior is taking the brunt of the damage.

mike1298
11-28-2012, 05:33 PM

We talking elixired or non-elixired?

And what was the difference in number of pots used? I'm guessing if you're killing that fast, the warrior is taking the brunt of the damage.

Was with an amazing warrior, barely used any pots. Timing attacks right helps a ton for warrior. And non elixered.

Bless
11-28-2012, 06:29 PM
Fastest on elite jarl was 1:20 with group of 4

MasterGT
11-28-2012, 06:48 PM
I do not even have a rogue, and yet this still pissed me off :/

Cahaun
11-28-2012, 07:24 PM
This thread definitely strayed off of the OP's topic

Deathpunch
11-28-2012, 07:51 PM
This thread definitely strayed off of the OP's topic

Thankfully.

-----
Note to reader: This post should likely be read in a sarcastic tone of voice.

amykahn
11-28-2012, 09:03 PM
I have a rogue and always since sl centered my character around pve teamwork i love dropping those bombs weakens the enemies for the warrior and mages :) traps are awesome just have to know how to use them not just stand around put out health packs then attack

chitgoks
11-29-2012, 12:48 AM
that's true. i also see quite a lot of warriors just defeating jarl then teleporting after that. spacetime studios need to tweak all classes that can let them stand on their own

why cant a party group of all rogues or all sorcerers be able to finish an elite level without having to depend on a warrior?

Sledge
11-29-2012, 01:23 AM
So long as the rogues are focusing DPS, I'm happy to have them around. I just cringe when I see how quickly they drop from boss spam. The poor things need a roll for evasion or something.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyqfltXM911r9f1mzo1_250.gif

ShadowGunX
11-29-2012, 01:29 AM
i love rogues bomb nd heal pcks. for this i like rogue wen m war. anyway lol soon this thread will b closed lolol

Tenebrific
11-29-2012, 05:14 AM
I'll try out different builds to see which one is the most effective one.
But I'll wait to do elite (need a good group or it's a waste of pots n deaths).

Ladycandyheal
11-29-2012, 05:31 AM

People mix up fact with opinion. You haven't played with every single rogue in AL, so how would you truly know?

There are various builds and different combos of skills to choose from for a Rogue. I am happy for any Rogue who has found the right fit for them.

*Zero*
11-29-2012, 07:14 AM
You guys just got a nice damage buff making it harder for the new warriors to hold aggro, and now you guys want a mana buff? I wonder if maybe by having high damage you are low in other areas.
I know Bod has been tweaking with his rogue and he does really good on his, had to increase my crit on my warrior to keep aggro.

*Zero*
11-29-2012, 07:14 AM
You guys just got a nice damage buff making it harder for the new warriors to hold aggro, and now you guys want a mana buff? I wonder if maybe by having high damage you are low in other areas.
I know Bod has been tweaking with his rogue and he does really good on his, had to increase my crit on my warrior to keep aggro.

dmspker
11-29-2012, 07:30 AM
Fastest jarl 1:04 in party of 4

pawk
11-29-2012, 07:59 AM
Bs.
Learn how to play

So so true. I'm like throw ur ax already lol

Tenebrific
11-29-2012, 08:17 AM
@zero if a rogue has high dmg it dies in one hit n needs mana potions to use the skills...
If a warrior has strength it only goes out of mana (even if with pets n the mana replenish skill it can somehow overcome it).
Compared to other classes rogues are low in many areas.

Asahetek
12-01-2012, 01:32 AM
Rogues can solo just fine,i can solo all maps but elite and can tank if i need to. I've seen just s many useless other builds

Kaytar
12-01-2012, 01:48 AM
Oh yeah....never dying because there's health packs....what horror. :rolleyes:

Thegrimreaper
12-01-2012, 02:08 AM
my build can have 100% ccrit when i use ribbit.....and i do anywhere between 400-1200 dmg per crit on my aimed shot.....i can solo any level except elite

mike1298
12-01-2012, 05:06 AM
Only elite maps I can solo on rogue so far are brack. Forest, aquaducts, and elite jarl.

Psyche
12-01-2012, 05:28 AM
To give a person an opinion one must first judge well whether that person is of the disposition to receive it or not

Ortalan
12-01-2012, 07:59 AM
Wah Wah. This didn't need to devolve into childish insults, guys.

learn to talk like grown-ups

BloodGoddess
12-01-2012, 10:24 PM
I do solo most of the time.

ShadowGunX
12-02-2012, 04:19 AM
lol this thread still up. rofl

Raxin
12-02-2012, 10:06 AM
16 warrior all str skills 5/5vengeful 4/5. windmill 2/5 chest splitter 4/5 rally cry
i constsntly get compliments on my tanking . just setup boss like this
tank >>>>boss >>>>melee rogues>>> sorc/dot rogues
if tank loses aggro. pet stun for space and stop dealing damage until aggro is reclaimed.
A good rogue is one shot away from claiming aggro from war and a good war wont let it happen :-)

Raxin
12-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Err 3/5 chest

Dawooky
12-02-2012, 04:27 PM
My rogue has good damage and if your smart and use your skills properly roll around to the rear of the boss you should have no issues. On the matter of soloing, you can. Just need to take it slower or have a ton of mana pots on you. The no mana regen on a rogue sucks...

Astrocat
12-02-2012, 05:02 PM
lol this thread still up. rofl

ikr

Rushorgtfo
12-02-2012, 06:49 PM

Lawl not fact. I've solo'd elite boss plenty of times. Ofcourse I used potions but every class does. I have 1,000 + HP and mana on my rogue. 125+ damadge and 30+ dodge and 450+ armor . It's not hard to play a class if you know how to play it an know what gear is the best. I spent 80 k gold for those stats btw the
Current expensive gear people don't realize is NOT the top gear atm :)

Astrocat
12-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Lawl not fact. I've solo'd elite boss plenty of times. Ofcourse I used potions but every class does. I have 1,000 + HP and mana on my rogue. 125+ damadge and 30+ dodge and 450+ armor . It's not hard to play a class if you know how to play it an know what gear is the best. I spent 80 k gold for those stats btw the

^Diss.

Rushorgtfo
12-02-2012, 07:05 PM
http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r524/joestrums/E12D30A6-7749-4BEF-9792-12261BC5B167-1041-000000C445D081D1.jpg

Pro ^ btw I rushing you all when Pvp is out.

Astrocat
12-02-2012, 07:05 PM
http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r524/joestrums/E12D30A6-7749-4BEF-9792-12261BC5B167-1041-000000C445D081D1.jpg

I'll be there to look at you ''rush me'' :p.

Rushorgtfo
12-02-2012, 07:08 PM
Hopefully this Pvp system is more like dl. I prefer not to have another Pvp system where people sit and chat about their fake social life's online. I play the game to play not to talk about that cyber chick you flirted with last night who's probably a man.

Astrocat
12-02-2012, 07:09 PM
Hopefully this Pvp system is more like dl. I prefer not to have another Pvp system where people sit and chat about their fake social life's online. I play the game to play not to talk about that cyber chick you flirted with last night who's probably a man.

*xD*

Montanabro
12-02-2012, 07:18 PM

titcr

Duflie
12-02-2012, 07:21 PM

I couldn't relate, more PL pvp was so boring i left in an instant
DL's pvp is gonna be awesome in this game

Thegrimreaper
12-03-2012, 02:18 AM

just sayin rush...my rogue kills u in two hits :) i have maxed at 1200dmg on a crit normally around 750 to 900 per hit from my spell from a min crit :)

Astrocat
12-03-2012, 03:40 AM
just sayin rush...my rogue kills u in two hits :) i have maxed at 1200dmg on a crit normally around 750 to 900 per hit from my spell from a min crit :)

I guess it's the rogue who is overpowered now.

spypeter1
12-03-2012, 08:02 AM
Rogue can be deadly and goes straight to stab multiply enemy at one skill holding tap. I suggest u should respec more to a skill that can attack multiply enemy at once, like Rogue's special tank, poison bomb, and whirling blades (i dunno the name of all of the skills), so u could solo so easily. I do that, and it works, really works, and always works....:surprise:

primaeva
12-03-2012, 09:03 AM

^Solo build right here, and that's the truth-- the current top gear is all about max DPS-- worthless in pugs and PvP.

This is a far more threatening build in PvP than most of the "I-have-1200-aimed-crit" rogues are shouting about-- and I'm saying this as a sorc looking to take on rogues.

mike1298
12-03-2012, 09:07 AM

^Solo build right here, and that's the truth-- the current top gear is all about max DPS-- worthless in pugs and PvP.

This is a far more threatening build in PvP than most of the "I-have-1200-aimed-crit" rogues are shouting about-- and I'm saying this as a sorc looking to take on rogues.

200 damage with 900 health isn't useless when doing elites and solo runs. Lack of mana will be bad for pvp definitely though.

Rushorgtfo
12-03-2012, 06:58 PM

Obviously your new to mmo's? Pve is never the same damadge as Pvp damadge? Lawl ! This community makes me laugh;)