PDA

View Full Version : Survival/Boss Build

Delirium
11-28-2012, 06:18 AM
Level 15
Base stats - 66 dex 34 str (4dex 2str per level)
Skills - Maxed combat medic, aimed shot, shadow veil

Keep Shadow Veil up in big mobs as often as possible, always charge normal attack and try to land AoE on as many enemies as possible. As a rogue, you wanna go for the ranged enemies to help out the tank. Once they are down, go for the mob with the tank. The mix of strength in the build helps a TON with survival and doesn't sacrifice much damage compared to pure dex. Bossing is where this build really shines.. alternate charged normal attack and charged Aimed Shot for massive damage against a single target and keep Shadow Veil up if you can. I'm level 15 with only semi-decent gear and I see 600dmg criticals quite often on every boss. For gear, aim for lots of critical and obviously dex/str. If you feel like you run out of mana a lot, throw in some int gear to make up for it.

Here are my stats with items and Malison for my pet (20 to each stat, +5% crit).. keep in mind I haven't played that much at all. I'm only at 2000 kills.

I rarely have to use potions (Combat Medic) unless the tank fails and I get mobbed or I feel like rushing, and even then, with the added strength I can still usually survive just by using Combat Medic. I look forward to seeing what this build will do as I upgrade my gear!

ShadowGunX
11-28-2012, 09:50 AM
r u talkin bout elite maps?

Delirium
11-28-2012, 02:07 PM
Nope.. you'd be using Aimed Shot a LOT more on elite runs until you can get your defense higher. With that current setup, I can only take 2 hits from bosses in elite zones before I have to retreat and heal.

Basically, you need a tank as a rogue.. gotta manage your aggro.

mike1298
11-28-2012, 03:02 PM
A good way to manage aggro is stay back and just use ranged. Damage will still be high with the right gear. Sometimes take a break inbetween every 15 seconds so you don't gain aggro.

Or. You can rush in with smoke bomb and spam all skills till the bomb runs out, then run back and range till smoke cooldown resets, and repeat.

wsalew
12-08-2012, 09:56 AM

This is my level 16 build (pure dexterity), so u may compare between mixed rogue and pure dexterity rogue.