PDA

View Full Version : Elite mobs and bosses hp is to much

YouAndMeAreGonnaBeFriends
11-28-2012, 02:07 PM
Hey the elite maps take 20 or 30 minutes to do. Thats a long time for one map. Clicking on the attack button for 30 minutes to kill bael is boring and hurts my finger if i try to farm him for 3 hours. 3 hours of farming is 6 runs so they have to much hp. In pocket legends if i farmed for 3 hours I would have done 60 runs. Please fix there hp to where it doesnt take so long to kill boss, it discouraging if I don't get pink from killing bael 6 times which took 3 hours to do

abbasjammmy
11-28-2012, 02:10 PM
what he said +1

Deathpunch
11-28-2012, 02:14 PM
There is a fix, run regular, not elite.

-----
Note to reader: This post should likely be read in a sarcastic tone of voice.

StompArtist
11-28-2012, 02:15 PM
That is because it is elite.

Rare
11-28-2012, 02:18 PM
I say... make the elite dungeons the same difficulty as the normal dungeons.

Azibas
11-28-2012, 02:22 PM
We did the ghul run last night. (Gold Mine I think). Started with 4 players. One person had to go back to work from lunch break, one person dc and could not get back in and the remaining two hacked and slashed for remainder. In all that run took one hour. I got a green drop. :/

11-28-2012, 02:44 PM
Yea its elite mode but its a bit too elite. I can play 9 hours a day but playing elite mode is a bit to hard. I can only do 1 run before I get bored and I might not even finish it because it takes so long I usually quit once I die at the boss leavin my team with one less member. When i try to solo and die the monsterll

Bashem
11-28-2012, 02:49 PM
Elites are alot easier once geared for them and best possible char setups. There elite ment to be hard at first. They get easier faster once setup for them. Could be people u run with too. For example in pugs takes few mins to get to and kill jarl in vill. But with guildies we do in 60 secs.

Montanabro
11-28-2012, 02:53 PM
Hey the elite maps take 20 or 30 minutes to do. Thats a long time for one map. Clicking on the attack button for 30 minutes to kill bael is boring and hurts my finger if i try to farm him for 3 hours. 3 hours of farming is 6 runs so they have to much hp. In pocket legends if i farmed for 3 hours I would have done 60 runs. Please fix there hp to where it doesnt take so long to kill boss, it discouraging if I don't get pink from killing bael 6 times which took 3 hours to do

I think your finger hurts because you farm for 3 hours straight.

CosmoxKramer
11-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Improve Gold and XP rates for ELITE mode based on the same multiplier for HP or damage increase!! why would they drop the same gold or XP??

Deathpunch
11-28-2012, 03:02 PM

That's a winner right there!

We did the ghul run last night. (Gold Mine I think). Started with 4 players. One person had to go back to work from lunch break, one person dc and could not get back in and the remaining two hacked and slashed for remainder. In all that run took one hour. I got a green drop. :/

Hooray, green! Better than a trash drop.

-----

Gassyllama
11-28-2012, 03:08 PM
Guys it's ELITE for a reason, I think elite maps make the game really fun and challenging.

After the last update the maps have gotten much easier because we now do more damage, if you have the best gear it's a breeze.

abbasjammmy
11-28-2012, 03:15 PM
Elites are alot easier once geared for them and best possible char setups. There elite ment to be hard at first. They get easier faster once setup for them. Could be people u run with too. For example in pugs takes few mins to get to and kill jarl in vill. But with guildies we do in 60 secs. what if you are making a kd char imagine this scenario 15k kills 0 deaths the next dungeon were you need to go farm is to hard and to get the gear for the next dungeon you need money and to get money you need to farm the good places the good places are the elite zones and you cant go elite dungeon beacause of you're kd char

StompArtist
11-28-2012, 03:18 PM
what if you are making a kd char imagine this scenario 15k kills 0 deaths the next dungeon were you need to go farm is to hard and to get the gear for the next dungeon you need money and to get money you need to farm the good places the good places are the elite zones and you cant go elite dungeon beacause of you're kd char

Then make a non kd alt to farm. Can't have everything.

DontNerfMeBro
11-28-2012, 03:19 PM
its unfortunate that the best way a game can add extra content is to make you do the same thing and simply make it take longer.

donzai
11-28-2012, 03:24 PM
okay i have a point... mu fone has a problem of dropping data connections as its in ics 4.04.. now tht means everytime i play elite.. and connection drops.. i cnt rejoin... as my party is in middle of the map.. so tht means i will never get to next map of elite... and u knw...tht is awfull... request you to make us joon back when we gets dc... also elite is like more hp and dmg frm enemies... we get our thumb tired... how abt making it challenging.. get a portion vendor.. gives damage buff.. for gold.. make it cheap and we have an option to buy if we want to... so in tht case breaking our thumb will be on us only.. also pls improve the drop rate and gold drop rate in elite map...

Sent from my Galaxy Note.

*Zero*
11-28-2012, 03:25 PM
what if you are making a kd char imagine this scenario 15k kills 0 deaths the next dungeon were you need to go farm is to hard and to get the gear for the next dungeon you need money and to get money you need to farm the good places the good places are the elite zones and you cant go elite dungeon beacause of you're kd char

That's why there isn't a kd spot for leaderboards. You can not not die in elites. All I can tell ya is if ya wanna go the 0 death route, roll normals.

And Elite maps used to be easy cheesy, I remember soloing them on my warrior.

Deathpunch
11-28-2012, 04:05 PM
okay i have a point... mu fone has a problem of dropping data connections as its in ics 4.04.. now tht means everytime i play elite.. and connection drops.. i cnt rejoin... as my party is in middle of the map.. so tht means i will never get to next map of elite... and u knw...tht is awfull... request you to make us joon back when we gets dc... also elite is like more hp and dmg frm enemies... we get our thumb tired... how abt making it challenging.. get a portion vendor.. gives damage buff.. for gold.. make it cheap and we have an option to buy if we want to... so in tht case breaking our thumb will be on us only.. also pls improve the drop rate and gold drop rate in elite map...

The choice is already on you. You can choose to run elite maps or not. As for the rest of your post... wtf?

-----

Rare
11-28-2012, 04:44 PM

Well, sounds like you need to figure out your priorities. I sincerely hope STS does not design their game around people's kd ratio.

Rare
11-28-2012, 04:47 PM
okay i have a point... mu fone has a problem of dropping data connections as its in ics 4.04..

I don't like the timer thing. Lot of times people get dced. Then others leave, then you have to start over. Kind of annoying.

There are other ways to prevent people from exploiting the timers.

Rare
11-28-2012, 04:49 PM
its unfortunate that the best way a game can add extra content is to make you do the same thing and simply make it take longer.

Hmmm. Correct me if I'm wrong. Difficulty levels have been around in gaming for a loooong time. This is not any different.

Sorry for multiposting. Hard to combine posts in tapatalk

11-28-2012, 05:01 PM
Well mages still get one shotted, the only one that can barely solo elite dungeon is warrior if you have enough health pots. I don't like running with groups so I go to windore village and add a new player to my party so i can try to solo elite map. The only one I can solo are the first 2. I get them done in about 40 minutes which is a long time to me. It disappoints when I don't get a pink because it took so long I have level 15 gear on and my attack is 181. Even with the best gear. I have not so much money and its really expensive to go to elite maps because you have to buy potions. So once I get 1400 gold I use it to buy 100 potions which lasts only for one map and a half till its gone, and since I don't want to farm more gold I wait till the next day then farm another 1400 gold which takes a long time then, buy my potions and try elite map again. I haven't got lucky yet but I'm just saying it takes to long to kill mobs and bosses even with good gear or a good team so they should lower hp the guys have

Rare
11-28-2012, 05:12 PM
Well mages still get one shotted, the only one that can barely solo elite dungeon is warrior if you have enough health pots. I don't like running with groups so I go to windore village and add a new player to my party so i can try to solo elite map. The only one I can solo are the first 2. I get them done in about 40 minutes which is a long time to me.

Well... don't want to sound rude, but that's your personal choice. This is of course, an MMO. And they "should" develop based on that. If they make it easy so you can solo, it will be too easy for those of use that actually play with other people.

Deathpunch
11-28-2012, 06:23 PM

Not really.

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af35/user7618/2012-11-28_18-20-32-picsay.jpg

-----

StompArtist
11-28-2012, 06:25 PM
Not really.

-----

A step by step tutorial would be helpful. :D

Deathpunch
11-28-2012, 06:27 PM
A step by step tutorial would be helpful. :D

Step 1: see my previous post
Step 2: give me 1000 gold for such an awesome tutorial
Step 3: ???
Step 4: multiquote for fun and profit!

-----

Enisceloz
11-28-2012, 06:46 PM
I think Elite maps are fine as they are, except they should definitely improve the rewards (drop rates). You spend so much time, effort, pots to come out empty handed with junk items. Doesn't really motivate you to play the other maps except for quick farming the Jarl in Village. Which totally defeats the point of having other dungeons in the game.

Deathpunch
11-28-2012, 06:50 PM
I think Elite maps are fine as they are, expect they should definitely improve the rewards (drop rates). You spend so much time, effort, pots to come out empty handed with junk items. Doesn't really motivate you to play the other maps except for quick farming the Jarl in Village. Which totally defeats the point of having other dungeons in the game.

I'm with you on this one. Maybe all of the bosses should always drop chests. Still no guarantee of a good item, but it removes a big chunk of the chance, and at a minimum you'd still triple your gold intake from bosses because you would have 3 greens to sell instead of one. :D

-----

Enisceloz
11-28-2012, 06:55 PM
I'm with you on this one. Maybe all of the bosses should always drop chests. Still no guarantee of a good item, but it removes a big chunk of the chance, and at a minimum you'd still triple your gold intake from bosses because you would have 3 greens to sell instead of one. :D

-----

Yeah that would be cool, or say someone in the party is guaranteed a pink in 1 of 2 runs, but against the primary bosses not secondary one like the Jarl!

ShadowGunX
11-28-2012, 09:15 PM
yesterday me with my frnd (both war) broke d record timer of yrda forest.(w/o elix) in 17min. nt boss is nt hard bt archers r too powerful. u need only strategy nd a good gears.

DontNerfMeBro
11-28-2012, 10:36 PM
Hmmm. Correct me if I'm wrong. Difficulty levels have been around in gaming for a loooong time. This is not any different.

Your complacency with this breeds... well... nothing.

Rare
11-28-2012, 11:50 PM
QUOTE=Deathpunch;871615]Not really.

-----
Note to reader: This post should likely be read in a sarcastic tone of voice.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I was using a VERY old version

dmth
11-29-2012, 12:02 AM
Improve Gold and XP rates for ELITE mode based on the same multiplier for HP or damage increase!! why would they drop the same gold or XP??

+1...

Rare
11-29-2012, 09:22 AM
Your complacency with this breeds... well... nothing.

Thanks?

donzai
11-29-2012, 10:02 AM
The choice is already on you. You can choose to run elite maps or not. As for the rest of your post... wtf?

-----

dp... well i guess u r playing as a war so mb u wont realze the pain of dc. second i would suggest that if you cnt post constructive... trust me u dnt have to post at all... as u r not the one taking decisions here right??

Sledge
11-29-2012, 10:17 AM

Have you played an MMORPG before?

Deathpunch
11-29-2012, 10:25 AM
dp... well i guess u r playing as a war so mb u wont realze the pain of dc. second i would suggest that if you cnt post constructive... trust me u dnt have to post at all... as u r not the one taking decisions here right??

I'm split pretty even between warrior and mage. Also, I know I don't have to post, but some times I enjoy posting when people want to ruin the game for everyone else because "it's too hard! :'(" Plus, try working on using that whole keyboard. I know the note has all 26 letters. Don't be shy, it will make your posts look a little less... Childish.

-----

Godkiu
11-29-2012, 10:28 AM
How long will it take for other elite maps like nest?

mike1298
11-29-2012, 10:47 AM
How long will it take for other elite maps like nest?

Our group did it in 13 minutes.

Skeokateva
11-29-2012, 11:07 AM

Lol this made me laugh, so u want to remove elite maps, there is no point in having elite at the same difficulty.

Elite maps can be brutal and thats not a horrible thing... The horrible thing is constantly nothing from elite chests imo

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Tenebrific
11-29-2012, 01:16 PM
What I don't like about elite maps is that they disadvantage some classes

Tenebrific
11-29-2012, 01:18 PM
Remove them or allow all classes to be able to run them

Rare
11-29-2012, 02:17 PM
Lol this made me laugh, so u want to remove elite maps, there is no point in having elite at the same difficulty.

Elite maps can be brutal and thats not a horrible thing... The horrible thing is constantly nothing from elite chests imo

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

It was a joke

mike1298
11-29-2012, 03:10 PM
Remove them or allow all classes to be able to run them

All classes can run them..

CosmoxKramer
11-29-2012, 05:15 PM
Here is a fun idea:

Give Elite coins to people who finish a run (where your timer finishes) and these coins can then be used to purchase Elite quality gear (maybe make it so that all item and "of adjective" combinations are available to purchase. These coins then are level specific for each expansion that raises the cap so the coin you get would be named "Elite coin (15)" for gear you can purchase for lvl 15. This would do 2 things

Give some bonus to Elite dungeons to make them worth your while (based on original post). May also help with ridiculous consignment store prices
incentive to finish a dungeon Nd not Zerg bosses (jarl)

the prices should be reasonable (40/ weapon, 30/ armor, 20/ helm, 10/ring and amulet), and items purchased are linked to your account and not Auctionable

mike1298
11-29-2012, 05:53 PM
Elite is easy enough. Just need a good group.

Carapace
11-29-2012, 07:07 PM
No dev has posted in here yet, so I'll pop in a word!

We're aware of the amount of time it is taking some players to do the elite bosses based on HP and whatnot. In an upcoming major update there will be some adjustments to these numbers to make it more reasonable, but still "elite". We all agree over here that 45 minutes to fight elite Bael is a bit extreme, but there are other factors like armor tweaking and other tied systems that are being toyed with so a quick blanket change won't benefit anyone at the moment.

Thanks for understanding!

Elyseon
11-29-2012, 07:17 PM
they are elite if people werent crying about them something would be wrong
good work sts!

CosmoxKramer
11-29-2012, 07:38 PM
It is easy with the right group, it would be nice if you had a reason to kill all the mobs and not just zerg Jarl over and over for a quick way to try and get something good. Maybe an elite coin system would help balance out the RNG of the drops

Elyseon
11-29-2012, 08:35 PM
RNG
Rly Niec guyz?

mike1298
11-29-2012, 08:45 PM

We're aware of the amount of time it is taking some players to do the elite bosses based on HP and whatnot. In an upcoming major update there will be some adjustments to these numbers to make it more reasonable, but still "elite". We all agree over here that 45 minutes to fight elite Bael is a bit extreme, but there are other factors like armor tweaking and other tied systems that are being toyed with so a quick blanket change won't benefit anyone at the moment.

We did elite bael in 13 minutes. Please don't nerf elites or they will become way to easy :-/. We need to have some sort of challenge left.

CosmoxKramer
11-29-2012, 09:02 PM
Rly Niec guyz?

haha, random number generator (RNG to represent the complete random chance of things)

Astrocat
11-30-2012, 03:48 AM
I agree that 1 hour to kill 1 boss when you don't even get a good drop is a bit... Hum... Annoying?

Godkiu
11-30-2012, 04:33 AM
I can stand the time but the rewards need to be good as well, such as at least 1 silver/pink in a party

Elyseon
11-30-2012, 10:21 AM
I bet u could kill faster if camera wasn't fixed

gundamsone
11-30-2012, 10:26 AM
jarl needs fixing cause my team farms him in 60-70s

Harungo
11-30-2012, 12:21 PM
I don't think they have too much HP..

I used to think so

but then I actually found GOOD GROUPS/ Partys.

Brb killing elite boss's in 60 seconds

dmspker
11-30-2012, 02:36 PM
I agree that 1 hour to kill 1 boss when you don't even get a good drop is a bit... Hum... Annoying?

34 minutes map before nest with mage and giant boss , can't find anything longer

Elyseon
11-30-2012, 05:25 PM
One game took me 3 days
Ofc its cuz i just stood there afk

Darneoc
12-01-2012, 03:28 PM
well just had a 1 hour attempt and then 2 of the guys dc'ed, admittadly we were 3 sorc and a rogue so crappy team. but in the end i feel this is a game breaker. i mean what do i do now, can't elite and there's nothing else to do...

Montanabro
12-01-2012, 03:49 PM
well just had a 1 hour attempt and then 2 of the guys dc'ed, admittadly we were 3 sorc and a rogue so crappy team. but in the end i feel this is a game breaker. i mean what do i do now, can't elite and there's nothing else to do...

New patch in a week or so.

Uhh
12-09-2012, 02:43 AM

My take on it is based on my experience in previous MMO's. When you go on a raid, or in this game it would be more of an "elite" map, the final boss normally guarantees a good drop. I'm not saying that should be the case in all of the elite maps, but when you beat on bael for 30-45 mins you should be guaranteed something.

Energizeric
12-09-2012, 03:36 AM
I say make the mobs hit a little less hard. I have a lvl16 mage with 360 armor, and the mobs can kill me with 2 hits. As far as the amount of hp, I don't see a problem with that. Also, I can understand the boss being able to kill me with 2 hits, so leave the boss as is.

Elite is supposed to be really hard, and I like that drop rates are very low. Elite gear should indeed cost 100-500k. If it were any cheaper then most players would have it, and then it wouldn't be very elite. If a Ferrari cost 20k, then nobody would want it. The attraction is the rarity and elite status. There doesn't seem to be any shortage of the elite gear. I see quite a few for sale in the CS at all times. If nobody buys them, then the prices will drop. But from what I am seeing, the ones in the CS are selling. As long as that continues to happen, it means there is a decent supply of them and they are indeed dropping. Just not to every player, which is how it should be.

If you increase drop rates and make the best gear very common, you will end up with a game like lower levels in PL where everyone has a forgotten bow. They are cheap, every player can afford one, so every player uses the same bow. The only way to avoid this is to make the top gear very rare, so that very few players can afford it. Then you have slightly less rare gear that costs a bit less, and then more common gear that is more affordable, etc. So everyone wears different gear based on what they can afford. Just like in real life.