PDA

View Full Version : Serious Elixir Problems [Crit/Stacking]

FluffNStuff
11-28-2012, 04:33 PM
**UPDATE**
The Critical issue is not related to the elixir. I have only seen evidence it on the Swift Dragon Talon and the Angel Talon. All other weapons tested, including a level 35 talon worked properly, both with and without elixirs. The high level talons experienced the crit problem with elixirs, blessing and with nothing.

The stacking issue still stands with all weapons tested.

As a stat guy [read: big nerd] I am always watching the numbers and I noticed something off in my runs in eruption so I decided to do some tests. The conclusions I have come to are:
1) Critical damage is being calculated incorrectly ON HIGH LEVEL TALONS.
2) Damage Elixir and Daily Combo Damage is not stacking (most likely others also)

First the basics on critical damage. Crits are equal to 2 times the effective damage and appear in orange. Effective damage (listed damage - opponent armor if any) appears in red. The first image shows a proper crit hit with a toon with no elixir or daily blessing. Damage is 76 and Crit Damage is 151.

Next we have a toon using a 1.5 blessing and a 1.5 damage elixir. Original damage is ~350. Effective damage is 528 (only 1.5x, should be 2X). Crit damage is 710 [2X original damage, should be 2X effective damage].

Next I purchased the 3 plat 2X Damage elixir to see if the problem was only related to the gold elixir. I also had the 1.5X blessing at the time. Original Damage is ~350. Effective damage is 706 (2X original damage, should be 2.5X). Crit damage is 925 (1.3x effective damage, should be 2X effective damage)

This last figure is with NO elixir, just the 1.5X blessing. Original damage is ~350. Effective damage is 524 (1.5X). This is the same it was when I had BOTH the 1.5 blessing AND the 1.5 damage elixir.

So in conclusion, damage elixirs are not stacking (again, most likely others also, but can't test) and crit damage is not being calculated correctly on high level talons.

FluffNStuff
11-28-2012, 09:25 PM
Updated the post as I performed more tests. Found that the critical issue is specific to the talons and is unrelated to the elixirs.

Noodleleg
11-28-2012, 09:34 PM
So... I've been paying a crap load of mulah for nuthin' -_-...

Energizeric
11-28-2012, 09:36 PM
I will say that I did own the swift talon set briefly over the weekend before I traded it, and it did seem to be a bit underpowered compared to what I expected it to be. I just figured it was because I am a bear and my skills don't match well with a dex set.

aav5224
11-28-2012, 09:37 PM
Ehy sts

Modification
11-29-2012, 10:55 AM
This may or may not effect your problem, but the max damage is 3x stacking or not. Look at thrasher. Eery thing is 3x (other than experience). Only xp stacks also, not damage.

FluffNStuff
11-29-2012, 11:00 AM
This may or may not effect your problem, but the max damage is 3x stacking or not. Look at thrasher. Eery thing is 3x (other than experience). Only xp stacks also, not damage.

I stand corrected on the max damage, it is not 4.5x, it is a little higher then 3X. Also, damage ~should~ stack:

There is a cap on how much Armor and Damage you can have. If you have max. armor, you are as close to invincible as possible. I don't know the actual cap percentage, but from my tests it seems like it's a little over ~75% damage mitigation. Same goes for damage. If you have max damage, you are as powerful as possible. I don't know the exact multiplier cap, but my tests show that damage can be multiplied by slightly more than 3x.

So, there is a benefit to stacking armor and damage elixirs. They allow you to max. out your damage and armor. It is impossible to max. out damage and armor without either a double armor/damage weekend, or stacking elixirs.

One last thing to note - the benefit of stacking damage and armor is limited by the armor and damage caps. This comparison illustrates why:
A. Stacking a thrasher on a 1.5x combo blessing will yield max. armor, max. damage, +25% speed, +30% luck, and 4.5x XP.
B. Stacking a thrasher on a 3x combo blessing will yield max. armor, max. damage, +25% speed, +30% luck, and 6x XP.

I hope that clarifies some of your questions! (Now...back to making the expansion!!!!) :onthego:

You add them together, rather than multiply them. So, a 1.5x damage blessing is 100% of your normal damage (1x), plus an extra 50% (.5x) - a total of 150% (1.5x). A 2x damage elixir takes 100% of your normal damage (1x), and adds on an additional 100% (1x) - a total of 200% (2x). A 1.5x damage blessing, plus a 2x damage elixir would be 100% of your normal damage (1x), plus and extra 50% (.5x), plus an additional 100% (1x) - a total of 250% (2.5x). You could get max. damage by stacking a 3x damage elixir, in this case.

If your normal damage is 100 and you buy a 2x elixir, the damage will be 200. If you get a 1.5x damage blessing on top of that, your damage will be 250.

Hope that helps!

Using the above numbers, I will edit my post, but the basics still stand that the damage is not stacking at ALL.

Techno Email
11-30-2012, 12:59 PM
Hi there,

I did test this quite a bit back when I made the post that you guys referenced. Thanks for reading that info. and posting your detailed results. It sounds like something may have changed, and the results you're getting right now are different from how the stacking used to work. Thanks for the detailed info.! I'm looking into this.

FluffNStuff
11-30-2012, 05:17 PM
Hi there,

I did test this quite a bit back when I made the post that you guys referenced. Thanks for reading that info. and posting your detailed results. It sounds like something may have changed, and the results you're getting right now are different from how the stacking used to work. Thanks for the detailed info.! I'm looking into this.

Thanks! There is also the the issue of the critical damage on the Talon being incorrect that is unrelated to the elixir.