PDA

View Full Version : The reason why Noobs and Other Players Clash Over.

Chioricon
11-29-2012, 12:51 AM
If you have played Pocket Legends recently, after a certain amount of time, you would notice that players that bought Platinum would fare better than those that don't.

How would this become a problem? Well spoken.

This leads to many players to learn bad habits in the game. Let me show you some short stories as examples.

Begging
#1 You are poor. Not just poor, UBER Poor. The Fellow partymate you saw in the previous room got a Legendary item via Elixirs. "Rich guy......" Thought you. You stumbled to the refugee town of Balefort only to notice the same guy that got the pink, along with some friends of his also in the same way, and they love showing off their wealth and their 'Zillionaire' Title.

Just then, you chanced upon the accursed message in the list of tips which many people tend to ignore and leave it to simply collect dust.

"Helping n00bs is good karma. =D"

'Well, I'm poor, people ignore me, I'm a noob. Why not I ask them for cash? maybe that will help me up as well." your supposed scumbag brain states. And so, you venture into the CS Circle and start asking people for money.

"Who the !&*(#&@*( Are you to even ask for my money?"
"I would. Give me like 3721890543894312x219473920 seconds to give it to you"
"NO. NOOB."

This leads to unnecessary drama and the supposed new player learns even more bad habits in the game.

Cussing
#2 You are a young 7 year old boy. Your Parents gave you an iDevice to play. You download Pocket Legends in your device. And then you sit down in your free time after your supposed homework to enjoy.

After playing for what seem like an eternity to even reach level 20+, you gave up and walked back to Forest Haven, where a random guy from a guild invites you over. He instructs you to tap the supposed top-right corner of the screen. Moments later, after you pressed 'View' and Join guild, You officially joined the guild, followed by,

"Welcome to <Random> we are a tier X guild and we are Legends in the making!"

You felt comfortable. A group of friends all enjoying the game that you could have fun with. However, one player named <insert name here> Came and starts to annoy you with the fact that you are just a weak minded, low leveled worm. After some time, you finally lost your temple and spelled out some profanities.

"Why not you Shut the &*(^& Up and LEAVE ME ALONE??!?!"

This unlucky newb was eventually kicked from the guild, and he lost interest in the game. And even made a bad review about it.

Scamming
You are the Poor guy from Example #1. People ignore you and Friends only treat you like a random entity in the middle of Cyberspace. You cuss and rage at people that refuse to give cash to you. People keep getting Pinks, You Don't.

"*(*^&( this shyt!" you complain to yourself. Then you notice that people needed Platinum for a cheap price of gold. That gives you an idea.

A moment Later, You are out in town offering to them that you can do it. They give you the cash first, and then you ask for their account details.

"Ok. You sure you won't scam me?" Says RandomMageABC.

"I promise. I have never scam anyone before" Says you.

You came into his account. He has a lot more cash and pinks that he looked like he have. You used your parent's device to log in to your account and transfer ALL the cash and items to you. And because you wanted to give that victim a taste of how you felt when you are alone in the game, you Deleted all his charactersfor good measure.

The next day, You are greeted by many as a scammer, and the person none other than the guy that gave you his account details for platinum.

The noob was banned for good, and he decides to create an alternate account to play the game again in a bad way.

I could list more, but I felt too tired to do this anyway.

Cases like Trolling and Leeching are the most common in any NoobVsOthers cases. Many arrogant players unforturnately, decides to fuel those new players up with bad habits in the game. They insult, they flaunt their cash, and don't even bother to help them, instead ignoring and muting those poor fellas. After all, another Protip from the devs is;

"If someone is spamming, you can mute them by adding their names to your ignore list."

And what did the noobs do? They argued back and decide to annoy other players themselves. Thus the amount of Beggars, Scammers, Wannabe 0 Deaths Leechers, Trolls have increased IMO. The players like us love to get back at noobs when they do that, not caring on what will the noobs learn from this. LMAO I even saw a level 75 Beggar in Blacksmoke Town, Begging for LARGE amount of cash when he's wearing Crafted Humania Gear.

It could be just their attitude, or it could be just us directly/indirectly teaching those once new players on how to be a jerk in game.

Thanks for reading guys. And don't forget to share your experience about this.

Chioricon of TEAM RICON out! =D

Everyone'sFavMage
11-29-2012, 12:58 AM
My opinion about this.

Chioricon
11-29-2012, 12:59 AM
My opinion about this.

...... LoL? That was quick.

Everyone'sFavMage
11-29-2012, 01:00 AM
You posted nothing. Gf tho.

Chioricon
11-29-2012, 01:02 AM

Yep. Your words are enough to break off someone's opinion into nothingness, GF as well.

Elyseon
11-29-2012, 01:02 AM
Wow like all those examples are me

EAT
11-29-2012, 01:03 AM

Lol lmao

Chioricon
11-29-2012, 01:04 AM

Indeed. Some Pros indirectly Teach players how to be a jerk. Oh wait, you are one of them? =O

Elyseon
Aratreoeybae, L2read

Elyseon

Indeed. Some Pros indirectly Teach players how to be a jerk. Oh wait, you are one of them? =O
Yes i taught myself to be a jerk

Chioricon
11-29-2012, 01:05 AM
Aratreoeybae, L2read

LoL. I'm rereading my own post anyway for mistakes.

Chioricon
11-29-2012, 01:06 AM

Hehe that might explain why. =P

Elyseon
11-29-2012, 01:07 AM
Aratreoeybae, L2read

League of Legends?

Elyseon
11-29-2012, 01:08 AM

Hehe that might explain why. =P
You think my mastery of the matter was sufficient

Everyone'sFavMage
11-29-2012, 01:08 AM
Indeed. Some Pros indirectly Teach players how to be a jerk. Oh wait, you are one of them? =
Yep.

Everyone'sFavMage
11-29-2012, 01:09 AM

White!

Apasara
11-29-2012, 01:09 AM

Now teach yourself not to be a jerk ^-^

Elyseon
11-29-2012, 01:10 AM

Now teach yourself not to be a jerk ^-^cant teach a pro dog lame tricks
Or something like that

Everyone'sFavMage
11-29-2012, 01:10 AM
^^^

Apasara
11-29-2012, 01:15 AM
cant teach a pro dog lame tricks
Or something like that

No it's not like that. The dog is lame, and it should be taught pro tricks.

Jcyee
11-29-2012, 01:26 AM
ok great

Elyseon
11-29-2012, 01:38 AM
Or something like that

No it's not like that. The dog is lame, and it should be taught pro tricks.
U broke your dogs leg(s)
D:
And i thought i was a jerk

Apasara
11-29-2012, 02:10 AM
U broke your dogs leg(s)
D:

Oh dea!
The dogs name is Ely ^-^
Nickname: Lame
Last name: Seon

Future name: ElyProSeon

The Happiness
11-29-2012, 04:19 AM
Or something like that

Nooooo! Never change! What would I do for entertainment then? Stay true, don't yield under pressure!

Thelastblink
11-29-2012, 05:25 AM
Good point, but can't stop a business who wants more money. Welcome to the platinum generation.

Chioricon
11-29-2012, 09:22 AM
*Shyness Mode Off*

Thank you all for reading. It's just my opinion on people that beg or whatsoever.

Ephesius
11-29-2012, 03:01 PM
Teaming/rushning noobs in pvp can lead to them to become rushers or in other cases Kings of pvp

billybob1
11-29-2012, 03:03 PM
Teaming/rushning noobs in pvp can lead to them to become rushers or in other cases Kings of pvp

totally just lol'ed....

Everyone'sFavMage
11-29-2012, 04:05 PM
Lmao.

Roberto077
11-29-2012, 04:10 PM
I'm poor. I don't buy platinum. I don't scam. I don't beg. I don't ignore. I don't insult. I help.

Elyseon
11-29-2012, 04:11 PM
U broke your dogs leg(s)
D:

Oh dea!
The dogs name is Ely ^-^
Nickname: Lame
Last name: Seon

Future name: ElyProSeon
Lulz u wud name ur pet after a god such as myself

Apasara
11-29-2012, 10:01 PM

Hah I doubt it. XD
Well see ya, I have a flight to catch, Woo!

Ps. Going to back to Australia

Otukura
11-29-2012, 10:03 PM
Yep. Your words are enough to break off someone's opinion into nothingness, GF as well.

#david4pres2016

Elyseon
11-29-2012, 10:09 PM

Hah I doubt it. XD
Well see ya, I have a flight to catch, Woo!

Ps. Going to back to Australia
U say ur dog named ely
But you doubt yourself?
Atleast know what ur saying unlike me

The Sadness
12-01-2012, 09:09 AM
U say ur dog named ely
But you doubt yourself?
Atleast know what ur saying unlike me
Sir, I never know what you're saying. :P

MightyMicah
12-01-2012, 09:46 AM
An excellent post in my opinion. I have one thing, however, that I think should be noted.

-Although I'm sure that old players can often have a negative effect on the newer guys, that doesn't justify any of the newer guy's actions. His actions are his own, regardless of who affected him. What I'm saying is, there's always a choice between right and wrong. Him choosing wrong shouldn't be blamed on older guys. Heck, I was given all kinds of "I hate you stupid noob" crap when I joined. I've never scammed anyone or begged or any of that.

Elyseon
12-01-2012, 01:10 PM
An excellent post in my opinion. I have one thing, however, that I think should be noted.

-Although I'm sure that old players can often have a negative effect on the newer guys, that doesn't justify any of the newer guy's actions. His actions are his own, regardless of who affected him. What I'm saying is, there's always a choice between right and wrong. Him choosing wrong shouldn't be blamed on older guys. Heck, I was given all kinds of "I hate you stupid noob" crap when I joined. I've never scammed anyone or begged or any of that.
Yeh an no1 evir did tu me yte i em a jirk

Knockador
12-01-2012, 05:11 PM
lol just go look at the "People Behind Characters" thread, lol after seeing who you've been arguing with, you just can't hold back that laugh :P LOLOLOLOLOL, I really need to get a Ps3..why is I soo pooooorrrr :(

Oh and Chori I agree with you 100%. lol parents need to hide their credit cards harder so these "show offs" can't get any moolah.

Chioricon
12-01-2012, 08:20 PM
lol just go look at the "People Behind Characters" thread, lol after seeing who you've been arguing with, you just can't hold back that laugh :P LOLOLOLOLOL, I really need to get a Ps3..why is I soo pooooorrrr :(

Oh and Chori I agree with you 100%. lol parents need to hide their credit cards harder so these "show offs" can't get any moolah.

LoL, Knock.

I understand that sometimes, the way newbies act in game may refer to their character as a whole. I simply wanted y'all to understand that you lot could be treating all newbs as a whole. Perhaps by direct or indirect means.

Rot
12-01-2012, 11:25 PM
My comment on the ' Scamming ' part.

Quoted from one of my threads. ^_^

Not a scam
Its an idiot detector

Elyseon
12-01-2012, 11:33 PM
Wow im famise

Rot
12-01-2012, 11:38 PM
Wow im famise