PDA

View Full Version : The Aggro Discussion

primaeva
11-29-2012, 03:58 AM
Hi guys, after doing a forum search and making a quick trip to the warrior forums, I'd just like to ask the general public a couple of questions to confirm as well as enlighten everyone

Aggro in Arcane Legends:

Initial Aggro: Pretty straightforward, anyone who aggros one of the pack will get aggro from the entire pack unless its pulled off individually. As such, warriors should be the first in (unless a ranged pull is required to separate packs).

Taunt Aggro: How does this work? Does the taunt last a few seconds, or can I screw things up for a warrior by unleashing a nuclear bomb right after his taunt? (also, that exclamation mark above mobs heads-- that means a taunt was made, right?)

Damage Aggro: Does all damage share the same 'aggro' scale? i.e. 100 damage from a rogue/sorc is the same as 100 from a warrior

Warrior Taunt Cycle: According to one warrior, he managed to hold aggro even with elite geared rogues and mages on his team -- WITH JUST 50+ damage. Is this possible, and thus almost removing gear requirements from a successful tank? (i.e. no warrior has much of an excuse to lose aggro in a tank and spank)

Personal Experience: I had a warrior who ran circles around an elite boss without even having to be in melee range to maintain aggro. The rogue and I were unleashing as much damage as we could (on a moving target, but still). This just hints to me that most of the warriors aggro is skill-based and not damage-based - the damage just helps him sit on top of the aggro more comfortably.

I'm a 105~ damage L15 mage using Abigail at the moment. Going to get Ribbit soon and bring my damage to ~150-- so this information is important to me.

Thank you :D

*Zero*
11-29-2012, 08:04 AM
Since rogues and mages got a damage increase, warriors taunts need a buff.

DataPunk
11-29-2012, 09:18 AM
Warriors taunt needs a buff, it is silly how i taunt and right after a rouge hits and bye bye taunt.

StompArtist
11-29-2012, 10:34 AM
Warriors hit like girls. :D

Ambient
11-29-2012, 11:00 AM
Are moves that make your character speak considered taunt spells? I didn't know there was such thing as a taunt.

But man, I find myself being aggroed so much. I'm guessing it's a damage aggro, which, well, sucks for a little blue sorcerer! In elite mobs, all it takes is like 3 good shots from an archer to bring me to my knees, or else I'm spamming potions to make me more broke than I already am! Meanwhile I'm watching these warriors sit there for hours just like "Ain't nutin' but a G thang. Take notes, ya' jewish Smeagol!" :cold:

mike1298
11-29-2012, 11:25 AM
I find gaining aggro is just as easy as it was before the damage boost patch. I only know a few warriors who can constantly hold aggro no matter what, most warriors don't even use taunt.

DataPunk
11-29-2012, 11:40 AM
I find it pretty hard to keep agro when rogues are critting for more then 900. And i have pretty good gear.

primaeva
11-29-2012, 12:33 PM
I find it pretty hard to keep agro when rogues are critting for more then 900. And i have pretty good gear.

That's what I meant-- I think it has not so much to do with your gear as your spell rotation (cast order). If a warrior could run circles around Elite bosses all day, holding aggro without even meleeing constantly, there's something he's doing right (without damage).

Any experienced tanks share some insight?

(And yes, there are taunts, Ambient. If you're grabbing it too often it means that either your warrior isn't taunting or you and him are just out of sync. Give him a few second headstart if needed.)

CosmoxKramer
11-29-2012, 05:30 PM
Taunt Aggro: How does this work? Does the taunt last a few seconds, or can I screw things up for a warrior by unleashing a nuclear bomb right after his taunt? (also, that exclamation mark above mobs heads-- that means a taunt was made, right?)

Yes ! Means a taunt happened, but it doesn't last long. Better to unleash hell before he taunts (15s cd for horn)

Damage Aggro: Does all damage share the same 'aggro' scale? i.e. 100 damage from a rogue/sorc is the same as 100 from a warrior

I like the idea that rogue and Mages would have a different ratio of damage to threat